Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis 3 stars

305 Harry South Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401, USA

#12 of 25 hotels in Annapolis

Bathroom had hair in tub. Headboard of bed was dusty. Carpet could’ve been vacuumed since it had hair and bobby pins on floor

Breakfast costs included in room rate and fitness center

I did not get the two queen bed room that I reserved. I was checking in late so I stopped in the hotel desk to make sure that they knew I would be checking in late and make SURE that I would have the two queen bed room. When I checked in at 9:30 PM, I went to the room and it was a king with a sleeper sofa. I returned to the desk to clear it up and was told, without any remorse, that they did not have any two queens available and that the linens were in the closet for the hide-a-bed. I was forced to make my own bed and sleep on a grossly uncomfortable hide-a-bed instead of the queen bed that I reserved. I was not even offered an apology.

The room furnishing was dated and the smoke alarm tripped for no apparent reason. We are non-smokers so it really alarmed us. The smoke detector was removed and not replaced because we had left the room and forgot to take the DND sign off the door!

Eggs prepared to order.

You would think a queen bed with three pillows would have variations of pillows but they’re all the same? For me it’s a little difficult to sleep on a feather pillow. You sink right into the bottom of them and for me once you do, you can’t move or breathe.

There wasn’t much of a view and I didn’t really expect it not being near the water. It was however within striking distance of Annapolis without paying those super high prices downtown and the traffic was much better where we were. All of the facilities are updated or new, well taken care of and clean!

The room overhead had a squeaky floor, I was awakened two nights for 1 hr due to patrons walking around. They were not being excessively noisy, just walking. The problem was the floor.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

E rooms were very large, comfortable and clean. The staff was welcoming, helpful and friendly. Location was good for access to BWI Airport, downtown Annapolis, shopping and restaurants.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with tub

The incidental deposit of $25 was charged to my card twice.

Everyone from the front desk clerk to the waitress in the restaurant provided excellent service; wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

• King Room - Evolution

Only issue was the microwave wouldn't work properly & the pillows were too soft lol

Perfect shower. The water temp & pressure were spot on!

I didn't like that they allowed the trash near the elevators to overflow I also did not like that their waa no options for late night snacks

Cleanliness, and friendly courteous staff and gas station/drugstore within walking distance

My dissatisfaction was with the heat. When we arrived, the room temp was 60 degrees. We tried setting the thermostat to 72. After an hour, it was still 61. When I called the front desk upon arrival in the room, they said it took a while to come up to desired temperature. I asked them to check it the next day and when we got back to the room it was still 66 which was as warm as it ever got.

The overall property was fine. Beds were comfortable and room was large.

• King Room - Evolution

I don't believe that my linens on my bed were clean. When I checked in there were long brown hairs on the top of the bedding (I have a short haircut so they weren't mine). I didn't make a fuss about it and went to sleep. However in the morning when I got out of bed I realized that there was dried blood on the sheets. It wasn't mine as I examined myself to see if I had any open sores/cuts and I didn't. After stripping the bed I went to reception to let her know that I needed clean linens and she said "sorry" but I feel like there should have been more done as this was gross and unacceptable. Also i went to take a shower the night before and the water was brown (as if there was a problem with the pipes) when I called to reception (different receptionist) to inquire about if there was an issue she was very short and rushed me off the phone. But instead of apologizing for the inconvenience she said "well that's not a problem with our hotel. that's the city who cut off the water for something so you need to just let it run"...that's fine, but it was the way in which she said it that was off putting. And a notice that there may be a plumbing issue would have been nice also. Plus my room safe didn't work so I had to take all of my valuables with me when I left my room for the day.

I was able to check in early, so that was nice. Bedy was comfy. It's a smaller hotel so only 4 floors. And I think it was nice that they offered a complimentary bottle of water at check in. It's an ok hotel if you need somewhere to stay while you're just passing through. I went for a relaxing staycation and I just feel like for the money I could have stayed somewhere else.

The lighting was poor. The manager said they were changing the bulbs in all rooms and had not gotten to miner yet.

The room was clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was spacious, there was a nice sized refrig and a microwave. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. One night I sat in the lobby by the fireplace and felt wonderfully comfortable. I didn't partake, but I'd rather pay a little for a decent breakfast than get all cheap carbs for free

Understand the hold for incidentals, however twice? Used one card to book room but another to pay, and the extra hold was run on both, just slightly odd.

No hot water, the room could've been a bit cleaner, the tub and sink wouldn't hold water. It was 11 degrees outside and my family and I were forced to take COLD showers. Unacceptable

I did not like the person who checked us in on the evening of December 22. She was not very polite. You expect to see a friendly face at the reception. We stayed in another hotel chain the night before and breakfast was included. The room rate was also cheaper. This would have been added value.

I did not like the person who checked us in on the evening of December 22. She was not very polite. You expect to see a friendly face at the reception. The room that we booked was a nice room with two double beds. The fitness facilities were accessible off-hours which was convenient. We stayed in another hotel chain the night before and breakfast was included. The room rate was also cheaper. This would have been added value.

• King Room - Evolution

The temperature control in the room was a little weird. It was like the thermostat and the heater/AC were not registering together.

The bed was so dreamy and comfortable. My husband and I did not want to get up the next morning. Also, we had an issue with the keycard and the staff eagerly corrected this issue.

• King Room - Evolution

New King beds, harder than a rock, severely messed my and my partner's back up. Floor groaned in our room when walked on, Booking.com's 'included breakfast' was not honored, Luggage cart was pathetic, and hard to use.

Tameshia, the breakfast server, she was great.

• King Room - Evolution

We HATED how jacked up the price for a room was because we happened to be visiting on a football weekend. We were charged $250 and had made the reservations months in advance.

we liked the cleanliness, decor and proximity to those we were visiting.

Was a bit surprised to find out that breakfast, free it seems in virtually every other hotel from the cheapest to the royalty suites, was $11 a person here, at least on our rate.

Friendly and helpful staff, very comfy bed!

• King Room - Evolution

The breakfast arrangement was inefficient and we waited over 25 minutes for our order to come out on the first morning, The second morning was much better. One member of the serving staff was very unhelpful. Overall I have stayed in better hotels.

More than adequate accommodation. Bed comfortable. Staff pleasant with one exception.

• King Room - Evolution

the smoke detector had a bad battery and it kept chirping all night but we were so tired that it didn't matter after a while.

the location was great. Food was good. wish we could have stayed longer.

• King Room - Evolution

Only negative was the memory foam mattress. Although bearable, I am not a fan, more of a personal choice.

Spacious room, tall shower, losts of amenities. Beautifully decorated rooms as well as common areas, for eating or just to sit and talk. Convienent location to shopping and highways but, not congested with traffic.

A few nights I could hear the people or my thinking it was children above me walking ,running & jumping on the floor . It was as if I was in an apartment. Staff was helpful with resolving issue .

The place was clean ,quiet at times & the decor was lovely . My room was updated , beds were soft & room nicely decorated very appealing. Staff were very professional, friendly & helpful. The breakfasts was GREAT & the breakfast layout was GREAT - very clean & organized .

Everything was good.

We stayed there for only one night.We liked everything. Room was clean, big and very comfortable. Comfortable bed. Nice bathroom.Quite.Staff was friendly.

Concierge gave inaccurate information on breakfast prices. He gave us a price for children, but we were charged a different price when we ate the next day. Later when I inquired again to same concierge, he made distinction between 2 types of breakfast served. Also, hotel needs to post pool hours outside and maybe hang an outside clock so guests know when they can use pool.

Close to downtown Annapolis and all the sights we wanted to see.

• King Room - Evolution

My only complaint would be the mattress

The front desk mgr. ( Anthony ) was so helpful Directions - dining recommendations He is quite an asset to that property

• King Room - Evolution

Breakfast area and service was a bit cramped and slow. Could have used more space for that and an extra chef. Our food was fine, just took a while to get.

Kristy from the front desk was fantastic. She took care of us on check-in and during our stay. Wonderful customer service. The pool was very nice as well.

• King Room - Evolution

Staff was horrible. When you call to the front desk they leave you on hold or hang up and never call back to see how they can help you. I was told there was a sofa bed and it wasn't so my kids slept on the floor. They provided extra blankets and pillows. So I checked out a day early.

Bathroom was clean

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

You could only put 4 devices to internet.

We came down late for breakfast. The lady running breakfast was so nice. She made us 2 waffles. The lady at the front desk came over because she over heard me talking about the times, and immediately asked if anything was wrong. I said no. I said I thought breakfast went until 11 daily not just the weekend. But it didn't matter because the worker made us waffles. I wish I had their names.

Just the weather....

I really liked the firm mattress and slept very well. Lobby very welcoming. Looks like you could have a nice meal there and/or pleasant meeting in front of the fire place.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Great rate however I was not prepared for the additional fees and hold placed on my card. The reservation was $500 the incidental holds and fees were an additional $300. The $300 remained on hold for 30 days after my departure even though the hotel says they released it immediately. I hope booking.com site will inform that there is an additional $25 or more daily additional rate. Also they do not accept cash. Funds must be on a card. Financial nightmare. I recommend calling hotel directly before reserving

Staff very helpful. Excellent food.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• King Room - Evolution

Didn't like the mattress. Mattress just sinks in and takes to long to come back.

Everything was clean and staff was very friendly! Breakfast was fresh and hot!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Outside pool. Closed for season. I like an indoor swimming pool when I''m on vacation. Never any coffee in lobby just water. It would have been nice to have coffee available at 5:00am in lobby. Some days had an early start. Couldn't use keurig in room as roommates still sleeping. Night staff less professional. Not behind desk for service, found relaxing on couch by fireplace.

Nice, affordable, cooked to order breakfast. Super comfortable bed & pillows. Clean, modern, spacious room. Staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with tub

Honestly, I do not have any complaints or concerns. Me & my friends will DEF be returning for another satisfying experience. Thank you!

I loved the energy of the staff, especially Anthony Wilson. He was awesome!!! The beds were extremely comfy and the hot chocolate station was everything!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• King Room - Evolution

Wake up call never made to room. Very indifferent front desk at check out. Seemed like I was annoying lady at front desk when I requested a hard copy of receipt. Not looking for detailed conversation at 6:30 AM but the slightest courtesy would be appreciated

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• King Room - Evolution

The breakfast bar was delecious but it also cost $11 plus tip. I would not have chosen this hotel if I realized there was no free breakfast.

The adjustable bed in our first room did not work and we had to switch rooms which was a pain. The second bed was much better.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

My dad's room didn't have hot water for showers. When he called down to report no one answered the phone. When we reported it in person we were told two entire floors did not have hot water. No one ever called to inform him when it was working again, he kept having to test the water to find out.

Nice lobby with free snacks and infused water. Free WiFi. Decent coffee.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• King Room - Evolution

Our 2nd room was a little older and worn but still quite comfortable and quiet!

Our 1st room was noisy. There was an air vent or some fan that came on outside our window every 30" or so all night. WHen I said something the next AM to the desk folks they immediately changed our room to a lovely quiet one!! Staff here are all VERY friendly!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Wifi did not work, no free breakfast, no vending machines on floor Front desk would not give me any kind of receipt, Still have not gotten any receipt. I have no idea how much I ended up paying

The staff and the rooms

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

The breakfast program was not too clear or really explained to nothing written anywhere.

We needed a place for the weekend a day or two away and got a reservation and it turned out a good choice. We could have stayed on kent Island if we knew you had one there., our mistake.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Breakfast was not included in price, however, price was reasonable and children eat for free.

Clean room, comfy beds, quiet. Well maintained outdoor swimming pool area. Rich breakfast with broad choice of meals.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Breakfast food could have been better. But I'm overly picky about breakfast because I used to be a breakfast cook. Service and atmosphere wonderful tho!!!!!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Orders got mixed up. When it came to my order the chief said that she gave me my order but failed to realize that she only gave me half my order. Smh.I waited so long for my food that by the time they gave me my plate I was no longer hungry. Also the pool closed at 7pm so we didn't get to swim during our stay.And on top of that they charged a $50 holding fee that they didnt give back like the said they would,found that out when i got there that i had to pay it and still didnt receive it back yet.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Room - Evolution

My issues arose after I checked out. I didn't look at my receipt until the next day and realized they overcharged me for the room according to my booking.com reservation. I called the hotel and advised Mina of this. She said, no that is the correct rate and I said no, not according to the rate I was guaranteed by booking.com. She asked me to email my booking.com reservation, which I did, twice with no response or acknowledgement. I recontacted the hotel the next day and left a message with the assistant manager, also no response. This was one week ago. Still no response. Apparently, after they get your money, customer service does not matter to this particular hotel.

The king size bed quite comfortable and the room a decent size. Keurig coffee maker in the room, refrigerator and microwave. All in all, a nice property.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Lights were out in bathroom told staff never came needed towels never came didn't provide complementary breakfast

The beds were comfortable shower was nice

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• King Room - Evolution

Breakfast was not included in the price, it was an extra cost. Also, I felt that the cleaning staff was trying to chase me out, knocking on my door four times between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. when checkout time was at noon.

Nice breakfast in the morning.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Room - Evolution

It was the night of my wedding and the beginning of my honeymoon,but the overnight front desk attendant with the dreadlocks was extremely disconnected in actually performing the simplest duties. Checking in and even asking questions seemed to be something that offended and bothered her. I usually don't complain about customer service and but this was among one of the worst experiences in an employee meeting basic expectations.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

They did not have a cot available or return my email request for one. They also did not have a room we could upgrade to so my 16 yr old had to sleep in a chair :(. Also awful pillows!!! Flattened to nothing and there were none available from the desk

Accommodated late check in. Had just enough items in the pantry to keep people from starving.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Three times I had to complain about a noisy neighbor. Finally when I arm downstairs at midnight they did now thing about it. Where the flooring met the carpet in the room was unfinished and caught your foot. Pool was out of order. Never brought us fresh towels the last day. Heard every noisy upstairs made, as well as in the adjoining rooms. Even whenbthryvwere just talking normal.

There was free wifi, bit ideas never told about it, I just figured it out on my own. Lobby and seating areas were nice. Staff was friendly. I just didn't like how my complaint was handled.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• King Room - Evolution

Pool was closed for "repairs". Not acceptable in the middle of summer. Disappointing, since that was one of the reasons we booked the place.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• King Room - Evolution

amenities were wanting. no pool, no cribs, no coffee when I went to look for it and there should be a simple choice for children at breakfast. $10.50 is ridiculous for a 4 yr old

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

I didn't like that they were understaffed. In the late evening, there was only one person working the front area, and she was run ragged. I don't believe that was fair to her. She did well, but it was impossible to be timely being only one person. She was perfect as far as friendly and personable.

I liked the location to the naval Academy. Also, no problem getting extra towels if needed.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The eggs were not cooked fully The bar tender was rude I will be in Annapolis for the next 6 months for work and will NOT stay there again .. Lousy

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

1-Pool was out of order & neered servicing! This was very disappointing as it was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. 2-Garbage was overflowing upon the entering which was disgusting. 3-supplies weren't replenished 4- I read of the million dollar renovations, but I didn't see evidence of this as it looked very average?!This does not seem like a " Hilton" hotel to me! It shouldn't bear the name of a reputed fine hotel!!! 5-Bathtub was stained. 6-parking was crowded & we were forced to park in the back each night.

The lovely young lady who checked us in was very sweet, courteous, helpful.

The front office manager was very helpful and resourceful in solving problems.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with tub

Breakfast Buffet was so so.

Location was superb

Great service

• King Room - Evolution

Floor was creaky, no fan in bathroom.

Updated rooms.

I thought breakfast was included so since we had to pay for breakfast it was then more convient to eat at a restaurant

Comfy bed

Very loud squeaking floors above my room (206)

Room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was helpful and friendly.

Ugly hall carpet

Good bed

No negatives to highlight.

The staff were very helpful & friendly.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

the high prices for the snacks

The jacuzzi was perfect! The room was great beyond fun. I really enjoyed myself and I’ll be back!

A little more like in the room. possibly one lamp with brighter light.

I like Hilton Garden INN. They always meet my expectations and then some!

Quieter fridge

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Requested ground floor, ended up away from any close parking on the second floor.

Clean and friendly staff

Room was a good size.

The mattress wasn't as comfortable as other places I have stayed.

The room was very clean. Service was wonderful and the food was very good.

Parts of breakfast wasn’t hot enough. It would be nice if there was some complimentary breakfast. The breakfast is a little expensive.

• King Room - Evolution

Close to shopping Easy in and out

• King Room - Evolution

Shower curtain had a urine odor

all good

the pillows were great

Mattresses are too soft

Staff and clean

• King Room - Evolution

We were extremely comfortable. We did not eat at the hotel.

Browse Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis traveller photo gallery