Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Courthouse Plaza 3 stars

1333 North Courthouse Road, Arlington, VA 22201, USA

#28 of 68 hotels in Arlington

Near Washington at great price

Since we were driving, we looked for a hotel that had parking but at more accessible price than downtown. The subway station is very close and there are many restaurants around. The staff was really helpful and friendly . Rooms are comfortable , very ample

This hotel was clean and efficient. If you are looking for just a stay then this is adequate.

The pillows were flat and loose for my liking but perhaps good for others. The toiletries and coffee were meager. Most places include a continental breakfast for no charge. If you want breakfast, it'll cost you ($50 per person) yikes!!!

Efficient check-in and the property was clean. The room was clean and business-like. The bed was okay.

Great beds! Friendly staff.

Parking fee!

The convenience of hotel parking and a restaurant made the visit. It eliminated the need to be out in the rain. The staff was very accommodating, friendly and very helpful.

I would stay here again if I needed to come back to the area.

The parking is tight but convenient. A little pricey but worth it.

Very convenient to our destination. As well as food, stores and the metro. Rooms wear clean. Dinner in the hotel was decent.

I would stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again if visiting Arlington.

Our room didn't have any wash cloths in it but we notified the staff and they were brought to our room very promptly.

Friendly staff.... front desk employee, Manning, was very friendly and helpful.

Average hotel, wonderful staff.

I would have loved a hot tub after all the walking we did in DC! Bed wasn't very comfortable.

The staff at the front desk and the staff working breakfast were very kind and helpful. Location was near a Metro stop.

Pillows were a little too soft.

Pillows were a little too soft. Also, whenever anybody flushed toilets you could hear it, that was probably the 2 things that were a little lacking but we definetly intend to stay the here next time we are in D.C.

Overall great experience would definitely recommend and come again.
    • King Room with Disability Access - Hearing Accessible

The bed was too hard for my taste (but I have a Temperpedic bed at home, so most beds aren’t comfortable in comparison) and I think the garage parking should be included in the price especially since parking is hard to find around the hotel and if you do find a spot you have to pay for it as well.

The staff is super friendly and answered any questions I had about my bill. The check in/out process was super easy.

Great Location In A DC Suburb

Bathroom was rather small.

Attractive and well maintained property that was close to public transportation. Large and comfortable room with microwave, fridge and coffee makers. Great bed with supporting mattress.

Great location and value

No free WiFi, can’t get hotel points when booking with Booking.com, breakfast was extra

Excellent location and value for the cost. Clean comfy bed and room

I enjoyed the day of solitude and relaxation it was outstanding!

Room service knocking on my door at 8 am asking me when I'm leaving and also one of the clerk's in the morning a heavy set gentleman instead of asking me if I have the breakfast service just went straight to trying to charge me. If the nice black and Hispanic ladies at the counter the night before didn't fill me in on breakfast and everything included in my room purchase I would have been tricked into paying for something I already purchased. Night staff good morning staff not so good.

The server who was an Indian lady was doing such a great job she always had a smile checked on all her tables I saw another server but he was like hiding in the back. Some customers were even rude to the server who was serving me and she was still smiling and just happy to serve them!

Great location. Friendly staff

the window did not open in the room so it felt as if there was no fresh air intake for the room.

The hotel was very good and a perfect location for traveling around DC. The staff was friendly and helpful. The metro just up the road with plenty of restaurants in the local area to chose a different location each day.

Nice facility - disappointing stay

The air conditioning in our room did not work properly so our room was extremely humid and very uncomfortable. I asked to have it looked at but it never got better. The front desk staff were not very friendly. When I approached the desk, I was not acknowledged at all. I didn't mind waiting, but it seemed as if I were interrupting them. One staff member was wide open yawning without covering his mouth. It was off putting. I would not stay here again.

Nice hotel and the restaurant staff were very friendly.

Never again!
    • King Room with Disability Access - Hearing Accessible

They charged you for continental breakfast that tasted as it was a day old and was horrible. Bed mattress was hard as a rock. Charged for parking. Room was over priced.

My room was large and conveniently located.

The hotel was under construction at the time of my visit. You couldn't pull up to the front of the hotel to check-in.

My room was large and conveniently located.

Lovely location and a very nice hotel.
    • King Room with Disability Access - Hearing Accessible

Ongoing construction outside made the location a little noisy. It's a temporary issue.

Because of jackhammer noise, the management covered the cost of my breakfast, which was a very nice gesture.

It was a nice hotel in a good location, but a few small things kept it from being great.

The bathroom was cramped and the tub was shaped weirdly (sounds strange, but water pooled up and it was also awkward to stand in). Also there were no blackout curtains, which sounds petty, but when the sun rose, the room became intensely bright. It made getting a full night's sleep difficult.

The bed was conformable and the room was clean and spacious with good amenities. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was situated next to shopping, restaurants, and a metro stop.

My stay in Va.

I didn't like having to pay for parking after I already paid for my room. Parking should be free if you book a room there. Where else was I going to park?

Oh my gosh... the staff was awesome. Very professional and knowledgeable about transit and restaurants. Check in and check out was a breeze. No issues at all.

the management and staff was very easy to work with when...

I did not like the charge to hold my room I was willing to pay upon arrival but was charged 315 which was an overcharge of the price i booked for plus an additional 50 at check in, when asked why I was given 3 different answers.

the management and staff was very easy to work with when both checking in and checking out.

I stay at Hilton Garden Arlington frequently.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The water in the shower was luke warm and the a/c was noisy and didn't seem to keep the temp and humidity down. Maybe clean the filter? Seemed to function and sound like an old unit.

I stay at Hilton Garden Arlington frequently. The staff is amazing. It is always clean. Beds are comfortable.

Hotel great. Booking.com . . . I'll pass on you next time.

booking.com you messed up my booking! I used Joe & Cloey Findah as the name for the reservation. Your system put Cloey as the last name instead of Findah. The hotel staff could not find my reservation, and were very rude.

a great location

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Real hospitality and a detail to service
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

There was nothing we were unhappy with.

The service was excellent! The girl at the reception desk came out to help us get in the garage when the gate wouldn't open. The managers in your restaurant we're extremely attentive and friendly. Five stars!

Decent stay, excellent staff

There was hair in the shower upon my arrival. There was a piece of a child's toy on the floor in my room next to the dresser upon my arrival. There was some sort of dust on the desk upon my arrival.

The dining staff was extraordinarily accommodating. Especially Chester Shaw, the food and beverage supervisor. He and his team are outstanding and prompt, professional, and personable with high standards.

The room was great and clean .

Breakfast could have been less pricey.

The room was great and clean . We didn't eat breakfast as it was sort of pricey. Overall the hotel personnel was fantastic and the hotel was in the perfect location.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Go here for a great night's sleep.

The breakfasts are always just okay. We sampled and decided to go down the street to Bayou Bakery. No way to compete with that place! Amazing.

The comfort of the beds were the biggest draw for us. The only bad thing was that we had to get up and leave them!!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Good place for a short stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast is not free. Mediocre choices. High price $15 per person.

Location. Bed. Wifi. Good dinner menu. Good food quality. Courteous and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Bed was certainly comfortable

No shower cap, no plastic utensils, no glasses in the bathroom, the thermostat didn't work, the heating unit ran constantly ALL night - never stopped! Needs to be fixed.

Bed was certainly comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Front desk was honest about parking fees and saved me a...

No complaints

Front desk was honest about parking fees and saved me a little money by letting me know if I wasn't going to be going in and out I was best to pay the parking deck and not go thru the hotel

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Good value for the money. Great Location
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was not very soft. There was no vent in the bathroom and the windows didn't open at all. With no thermostat there was no way to control the temperature of the room.

Location was great. 6-10 Dollar uber to Downtown DC. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Great stay great location

One of things that needs to be addressed is that make sure that when housekeeping cleans the bathroom that they remove the old soap because our room had old soap in the bathtub

Customer service the front desk was very pleasant and very knowledgeable I was glad to see that

The rooms were nice, the bed and linens were wonderful.

The reception staff were not particularly friendly - just going through the motions. And you could hear the room above you flushing the toilet.

The rooms were nice, the bed and linens were wonderful. I liked that there was a small microwave in the room and a Keurig coffee maker. The woman who was working at the bar the evening I was there was so cute, funny, welcoming, and helpful.

Very comfortable!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It would've been nice if W.I.F.I. was not included with the hotel bill.

The ease of getting a perfect room for our needs at the last minute. The bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Wonderful stay!

The staff was excellent! Vanessa, Michelle, Abdouzol, Mannie, Neil and Mario all went above and beyond to make our stay exceptional! They all gave professional service, with personal care.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

A great place to stay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I would have liked either a bath mat in the tub or perhaps some appliqués to allow a more secure footing.

Comfortable and clean. Property was obviously well taken care of. Super location.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Nice hotel that is close to the metro, a couple restaurants and a outside plaza.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only issue we had was the parking underground was a little tight but not really a big issue.

Enjoyed our stay here. Staff was friendly and the hotel was very modern and clean. Did not get a chance to eat in the restaurant but it smelled good every time we passed by! 3 minute drive to a few restaurants and about a 5 minute walk to the metro. Definitely would stay here again and I highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Great location but need to train their staff about hospitality.

Front office staff (especially the ine whi check me out) wa not friendly at all. No smile, not given the complete information. When I asked to checked in my friend, she just gave me unbelievable answer, that she closed the aplication already.

Great location near courthouse train station and vietnam and thai restaurant

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Not happy at all

The shower drain was cloged. The breakfast was very bad. I had a 2 dollar pancake and charged 15 dollars for that. Available options for breakfast are very limited and does not worth the money. Quality of them are just like free breakfast in a low level inn.

Nice hotel in a great location.

Pay to park

there should be a locker in the room

there should be a locker in the room

We enjoyed it. The adaptations in the ADA room were well done.

It would be nice to have some snacks in the minibar

Good place to stay, close to shops and tours.

There was no swimming pool.

The hotel was nice and quiet. Employees were nice and friendly. I have no complaints and I would definitely stay again.

Treadmills were broken for three days in a row

Treadmills were broken for three days in a row

TV was large
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Paper cups in room. Flimsy soft pillows.

TV was large

Very close to a metro stop (Arlington Courthouse)
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was very expensive ($15)

Very close to a metro stop (Arlington Courthouse) Staff very friendly and helpful Perfect for a Business Trip!

Good

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

very comfortable

very comfortable

The location was excellent and the staff was professional and pleasant
    • King Room with Disability Access - Hearing Accessible

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel

Nothing bad hotel

Nothing bad hotel

Ñice place to stay

Nothing, breakfast was pricey

Nice property very clean nice location

Walking distance to bakery...Starbucks(fed some little birds) nail salon..got our nails done

Very hot in laundry room

View out windows

parking $ 25 :(

parking $ 25 :(

The bed was very comfortable.

The bathroom in my room had hair in it.

The bed was very comfortable.

No breakfast included.

No breakfast included.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Parking cost was outrageous

Very comfortable beds, close access to the metro, great location

Parking fee, and wi-fi according to the source you had to...

Parking fee, and wi-fi according to the source you had to pay or be a member of Hilton

good

fruit

Glad we stayed here.

Nothing really.

Closeness to the Metro stop and friendly helpful staff.

It's fine

Room small, ceiling bad, maid service slow, outlet in bathroom not working

Excellent breakfast good and comfortable seroundings

I have no negative comments

Excellent breakfast good and comfortable seroundings

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Ok stay

Dirty looking worn outdated carpeting. Difficult to regulate room temp

Beverages in lobby. Sheets

No continental breakfast!

Location and staff.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The location.

The location. Very tight. Took a long time to find out where to go to check in and where to park.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The staff was very attentive

The staff was very attentive

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Everyone on staff went out of their way to make our stay a...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everyone on staff went out of their way to make our stay a great one.

The location and staff was great!

n/a

The location and staff was great!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

There was not a parking lot in the site of the hotel.

There was not a parking lot in the site of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Nice location
    • Junior King Suite

Breakfast was a hot buffet with a chef who would make anything you want, but it was $14.96, pretty steep but this is Washington.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

We were at a banquet within your hotel. Food was good, but steak overcooked

Stuffy halls

Breakfast and staff were the best ever

Affordable and close to D.C.

The room was big and very comfortable. It was very affordable.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Our family was in Arlington for service at Arlington Nat'l Cemetery.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Would have been nice to include light breakfast. Muffins?

Beds were immaculate and bedding was in new condition. Best concierge service.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Wonderful stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No shuttle service on weekend

Friendly helpfull staff

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Great place to stay! Helpful staff members!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was excellent. Vanessa, Michelle, Abdouzol, Mannie, Neil and Mario are exceptional employees. They were very helpful with our trip.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Clean, near the metro, nice room.

Nothing' to complain about

Clean, near the metro, nice room. All good