Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest 3 stars

7890 Mall Ring Road, Lithonia, GA 30038, USA

#1 of 8 hotels in Lithonia

Not bad overall!

When I checked in, the lady at the front desk appeared annoyed. She answered my questions, but she was far from pleasant. The walls were thin. We heard a woman confronting a child which woke us in the middle of the night.

Very comfortable stay in a convenient location close to the mall with easy access to the expressway.

Expected nice, got exceptional!
    • Queen Room

I cannot overstate how pleasant our experience was at this fine establishment! From Tatiana’s friendly welcome through Jay’s warm thanks and farewell, this exceptional staff made us feel welcome and appreciated. The facility certainly lived up to the chain’s reputation, with spotlessly clean and deliciously comfortable accommodations, and a mouthwatering, made-to-order breakfast (with a shout out to Tony, our cook, and Colisha, our host, for going above and beyond even before they found out it was my birthday) . What makes this location so special are the people who work there. It seems clear they are valued, happy to be there, and anxious to make their clients’ stay a memorable one.

Wonderful experience, I'll stay again!
    • Queen Room

There wasn't anything I didnt like!

Staff was friendly; my reservation was ready when I arrived and the location was perfect. It's a family friendly place to stay!

I would highly recommend this place because of Jay and Tatiana.
    • Queen Room

We thought we booked a hotel with a complimentary breakfast but that was our mistake.

The hostess was very pleasant and very helpful and very personable she remembered our names later that night. We left an item behind and we called 2 days later and they had found it and put back for us. We were very thankful and pleasantly surprised. The staff exceeded our exspectations.

It was ok
    • Queen Room

Booking.com didn't say that the hotel funds had to be secured in advance. Before my daughter and I arrived we did a conference call with a reservationist which was very frustrating and confusing.

I loved the water in the lounge and the cleanliness.

I stayed there for my wedding weekend. The only downside was that I couldn't get a group rate for me and my guests and the hotel did not offer suites and could not accomodate me and my bridal party for hair and makeup. When asked if they would comp me for the garden room I was told that wasn't possible and I would have to pay $350. This was 1 week before my wedding.

I loved the water in the lounge and the cleanliness.

My room stay was excellent, breakfast was good but breakfast service sucked

The ice machine on the 4th floor was out of order and had a sign that directed you to use the 1st and 2nd floor ice machine. The breakfast servers were not attentive. It was horrible service. After making my order the food took to long to receive. There wasn’t much to choose from on the floor. No real selection of fruit, toast, cereal, yogurt, bagels, muffins, danishes, etc. I had to ask for a glass for the juice. After I received the glass, the juice I poured in it was hot. After I received my food it was good.

The room was clean, bed was comfortable

This hotel served it's purpose
    • Queen Room

You can tell hotel is old and can use upgrades. The carpet in my room smelled a bit musty. I did have to spray some perfume to mask it.

Bed and pillows very comfy. Had omelette for breakfast very good. Location good. Walked to the mall. Staff very polite and friendly. Very affordable.

My stay was amazing.

I didn’t like how cold it was in the room, because I was a little confused on how the control panel for it worked.

The bed was amazingly comfortable. And the shower was great.

Everything was good but one or two things

The bathroom had hair on the wall and the Menu book the gray one had food on it also needed new paper on the notepad. I use to be a hotel supervisor at the Marriott .Thats how I know what to look for

Everything was good but one or two things

I loved how big my bed was and how clean my room was.

They tell you not to have your room key next to electronic devices and credit cards. Which Is understandable because the card wouldn't work but an hour before my check out time. My key didn't work. Mind you my key has been working the entire weekend without any issues. Now all of a sudden on check out day it doesn't work any more. I didn't have the key nowhere near my phone or credit cards. They shut my key off 1 hour before checking out

I loved how big my bed was and how clean my room was.

Overall our stay was one to remember.

No transportation. To and from airport Breakfast area was not always suitable, as tables were not cleared promptly Some items on menu could have been better cooked. Person serving was not always friendly, or paid much attention to needs of customers, unless you directly called to them More staff needed for breakfast area, when those kinds of events are held there.

Beautiful and clean environment. The staff we met was friendly.

I like the property and the room, but I am not sure of the...
    • Queen Room

After the initial greeting, the engagement was poor. It was like machine generated. There was no eye contact, no smile, and I did not feel welcome.

I like the property and the room, but I am not sure of the location. The initial greeting upon entrance was excellent.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly and the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The faucet in the bathroom was not meant for that kind of sink. It made it very hard to wash your hands. The pool was cloudy the first day and smelled like chemicals. The second day it was more cloudy and smelled bad and was cold. I didn't get in or let my children get in. I was disappointed after a 7 hour drive due to traffic, that the hot tub was not working.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly and the maintenance man was nice.

The stay was fine but the morning crew wasn’t as friendly as the two guys that were on that night
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that I paid almost $150 and breakfast wasn’t included. The front desk clerk asked the food manager to consider giving us free breakfast but he declined. Booking.com was misleading because it showed breakfast was included

I liked the location of where I stayed.

It was close to the mall.
    • Queen Room

The water pressure was poor. The hot water did not last past 1 shower for a family of 4. The cost of hotel was pricey and it didn't include continental breakfast as we were told at booking.

It was close to the mall.

Poor
    • Queen Room

Cabled went out, nothing complimentary for the room rates at this hotel. Not even water.i will not book with the again.

Management umhelpf and rates over priced.

Great stay! I will stay at this hotel during my upcoming travel to Atlanta.

No continental breakfast. But the omelet I had was good!

The room was excellent. The property was not noisy. Every staff member I encountered greeted me with a smile and a hello.

I dont no about the eggs because they cost an arm and a leg...

Ithe price of the room there was notging great about it and the spa i requested was taped off with crim scean tape

I dont no about the eggs because they cost an arm and a leg and after paying almost four hundred dollars for two nights in a basic room there was no much money left to pay 11.69 breakfast

Pool was not 24hours.
    • Queen Room

Pool was not 24hours. During its open hours there was no lifeguard so im not understanding why it couldnt be open 24 hours. Also the towel rack was located in the shower and it fell on me. They never came to fix it

The last hotel we booked was not what the picture portrayed. I am glad to say, this one exceeded.

No complimentary breakfast.

The staff were extremely friendly. It was clean and inviting. The cookies awesome and strawberry lemonade! Just over the top!!!

I loved how friendly and helpful the staff was. They seem to really like their job.

I wish the breakfast was included in my stay.

The staff was very friendly and the cookies provided in the lobby were delicious! I also liked how convient the Mall was from the hotel!

I like the fact that everything was in order. My reservations was in system. I love the fruit infused water and cookies in the lobby. The facility was very upscale

Our stay was not a good one for us.

We didn't not receive the room requested (King). We were put in a double. The front desk clerk was not friendly. We were told that since we booked through a third party we would not receive the King size room we requested because they were given to guest that booked through the hotel only. We had to wait at least 15 minutes to check in due to the front desk clerk helping someone reserve rooms for a future event.

The area around the hotel was very nice.

We're suing ..
    • Queen Room

We found a huge bag of pills that di dnt belong to us. There were there since we checked in ,3 days later my 6 yr old discovered them and that shows thier housekeeping I'd negligent and could have caused my child's life.

The bed was comfortable

The STAFF was AMAZING and very helpful.

The fact that Breakfast was very expensive and WIFI was almost impossible to connect to.

I had to have a Hilton's Honors Membership to utilize the WIFI... which I think is pretty SUCKY but other than that.... It took me forever to get logged in, which made it hard to work with little to No Wifi. Breakfast was not complimentary which also I think is not very competitive with other hotels, I would have opted for a different Hotel had I known that.

The staff was very polite, informative and professional.

-The bed was too soft. -The shower knob was very difficult to turn on. I had to contact the front desk several times to have someone come and turn the shower on. The last time I called the front desk, she had to use a hammer to turn the shower on. -I did not have a sitting area for the price that I was charged.

The staff was very polite, informative and professional.

Great place to stay! Clean, Friendly staff, excellent location-for any thing one may want to do!

Breakfast room service - I enjoy having breakfast and pre-made coffee - real cream/half & half during my stay

Everything - when I visit family this is the hotel of choice for me! the room contains all I need or want.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The property was clean and the location was good.
    • Queen Room

My room wasn't cleaned during the housekeeping hours. The staff picked up the dirty towels and didn't replace them with clean towels. I had to go to the front desk twice before I even received clean ones. They didn't remove any of the trash nor did they make our beds. I was very disappointed with this.

The property was clean and the location was good. There are lots of shopping places and restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Still A Nice Hotel

Our room faced the roof and the side of the other hotel right across from our Hilton Garden room #217...Also the Timer for Hot Tub didn't work. So the water was just warm.

The Beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The late shift staff booked me for an extra night as I...

The staff was horrable

The late shift staff booked me for an extra night as I requested .As I was out with family they took all my belongings along with my family clothing out the room without notifying me . They claim that the staff who offered the one day extension made a mistake .i was stranded until a family member came to my rescue .i don't think I could ever go back there .When I tried to talk about it with the staff they all claim they weren't there when the staff did the accommodations

I requested connecting rooms was told to call the morning of...
    • Queen Room

I requested connecting rooms was told to call the morning of arrival to remind them of my request. I arrived at 11:30 am rooms were not assigned yet so I was told to check back in a couple of hours. I did that still not ready so I waited until 3:30returned to hotel and was told the rooms I requested were not available and if cancelled my reservation I would be charged. If I had known I wouldn't get the rooms of choice I would have went somewhere else and they should have known if they were available when I first arrived at 11:30am. Very unsatisfied with that I think management can do better they didn't offer no discounts or anything🙁.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

horrible back hurting

The bed was hurting my back. Me and my wife could not sleeep good. The pillows was soft and mushy no comfort at all. Payed to much money to be uncomfortable. With the price should have free breakfast

I liked the location. The people's was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Glad I bring in the New Year 2017 at this hotel.

Had to go down stairs to pick up items that were requested.

The food was great the server at night was great the cook was awesome..I can't wait to come back.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

No more Hilton
    • Queen Room

So this stay was not what I expected the beds were hard as bricks the breakfast was like expensive and not very good cause my husband was sick all day and night right after he ate it. We will be staying at the Hampton no matter what the cost or location

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

fair

My bathroom toilet was not cleaned. Dry urine on toilet seat. Toilet ring filthy with stool. In late Xmas night to tired to get addressed. I have stayed there 8 times before and no problems. I was very unhappy.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Weekender for Wedding Ceremony
    • Queen Room

Adjacent room partied until 1:45 AM and was loud.

Staff was vey helpful and friendly. Everything in room was in good condition. Nice buffet with personal service.

Enjoyable stay

Can't get your membership points when booking with "booking.com" even when you go on the Hilton web site and being told they know even if you go to their web site and get this company you should call hotel direct to make reservation

Location and quietness of outside noise

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Poor oversite of the office staff
    • Queen Room

Staff made a mistake in booking my room under the wrong name which caused me to not take advantage of the free wifi (wrong last name attributed to room)

Staff made attempt to correct their booking mistake. Due to checking out same day mistake was found, I could not benefit from their attempt of correction.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Nice Hotel

The fitness room is a "joke".Tiny corner room with two treadmills. Please don't publicize that you have a fitness room!

Clean rooms with fridge and coffee maker.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The unsecured internet.

The unsecured internet. I did not have a tv listing in the room. I had trouble with seeing and adjusting the thermostat. If there was secure internet access I was not given that information. Knowing tv channels is helpful when relaxing in another state or area.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room

I was surprised that some type of breakfast was not provided at "no cost" for the hotel guests.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility was clean and inviting.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Two Thumbs Up!

Although our overall stay was nice, we did have a situation with housekeeping. My husband had to report the housekeeping staff to the housekeeping supervisor, because the sheets weren't changed daily. The supervisor handled the situation immediately and the problem was resolved.

The customer service was excellent! The rooms were nice and spacious and the location of the hotel was great!

Wonderful staff-very accommodating and friendly.

Wonderful staff-very accommodating and friendly. Comfortable rooms with mini fridge and coffee. Comfortable beds and pillows. Great breakfast.

Pleased and satisfied

Didn't notice anything

Everything clean

The rooms were spacious.
    • Queen Room

Everything was great. The pool area closed too early.

The rooms were spacious. And the facility was near. Loved the back door access.

The stay was good especially for access to shopping.
    • Queen Room

Gym needs free weights to be usable.

Clean room and bright inviting lobby.

We came for the Caribbean carnival and the location and everything was perfect.

HGI Shenanigans 6-15-18
    • Queen Room

The mattresses in that particular room were not comfortable at all

The room was nice & clean & smelled wonderful

The location was great and the hotel was clean.

The housekeeper walked in my room at 10 am when checkout is at 12. That was weird!!!

The location was great and the hotel was clean.

I really loved the hotel, it was very clean and the employees was very helpful and friendly.

The choices of food for dinner.

The employees was very personal and nice.

Grrrrrrrrrrreat!

The onsite restaurant and bar closed too early.

The hotel cleanliness and the GREAT STAFF.

The staff was very courteous and helpful.
    • Queen Room

There needs to be a sign in front of the building.

The staff was very courteous and helpful.

Room was clean and the customer service was amazing

Room was clean and the customer service was amazing

The staff was very friendly and welcoming

The staff was very friendly and welcoming

Nice

It should have been free breakfast included and or a shuttle to take you to and from the airport with the price.

The staff were friendly.

I’ll be back

The bathroom shower tub was stopped up so it made for a very uncomfortable shower

The hospitality

They allowed us to have a pool party for our aau basketball...
    • Queen Room

They were out of linens so we didn’t have enough blankets

They allowed us to have a pool party for our aau basketball team.

Indoor pool

The price

Indoor pool

I will be back

Breakfast and dinner was excellent

It was a great place to stay

More towels

Great hospitality

Expectations exceeded

The staff were polite and accommodating. The food was delicious.

The staff, room and the location.

The staff, room and the location.

Pillows too soft.

Pillows too soft.

Overall our stay was great!

The bathroom could have been bigger and had a tub

Closed to the shopping center and the restaurant.

We had to pay for breakfast.

Closed to the shopping center and the restaurant.

The staff was personable and simply amazing!

The staff was personable and simply amazing!! I will stay here whenever I’m in Atlanta!!

Didn't have Netflix

Didn't have Netflix

I couldn’t figure out how to make The air conditioning doesn’t stay on so it was hot at night. I don’t like being hot while I’m sleeping.

J made me feel at home great service

No free breakfast

J the staff lady was the best

It was close to the mall and also walking distance.

It was close to the mall and also walking distance.

Awesome

Awesome facility and rooms.

the customer service

the customer service

All expectations were met!!

Everything was excellent!!

Nice room

As much as I paid my breakfast wasn’t included