Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center 3 stars

1501 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA

#108 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

Location parking and breakfast were all misrepresented. When I book a location that far away from the downtown city, I expect nicer facility better accommodations and more amenities for the price.

When accommodations were booked, it was my understanding that breakfast was included. When I arrived I was informed it was not included. Besides breakfast, free parking wasn’t another reason that I booked these accommodations. Parking was free, however it was the valet service only. Extremely, extremely inconvenient and not what was represented

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The road to the destination is kind of complicated. The casing of the air conditioner in our room was broken and has to call the maintenance to fix it. The breakfast was kind of annoying because the staff told us our it is not paid yet where in fact it is included in our reservation. Plus they kept on asking us how many are we.They kept on bothering us during breakfast and did not enjoyed it. We might not stay here again next time.:(

The breakfast area and the food was great.

Just noticed little things like handprints on walls and doors that could have been easily cleaned up. Nothing major though.

Clean hotel. Beautiful landscaping. Bed was super comfortable. Dunwoody is gorgeous!

Checkout was at 11:00, a housekeeper came and knocked on the door at 9:30. I was not fully dressed she used her key to open my room without me telling her to come in and seen my personal parts on my body because I was still in bed. All she said was I’m sorry and walked out.

The rate of the room

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

I didn't like the bed, if you have a bad back those beds would make it even worse and the pillows are way to soft ( for me personally)

The service was great the people were very nice and friendly

My coffee machine was broken my mini fridge didn't get cold and the hotel wifi didn't work so I had to pay for a hotspot

The hotel set up the bar outside patio and valet parking

• Queen Room Junior Conference Suite

The room was half the size advertised. I reserved a King size room and received a queen. It took away my comfort as my husband and I have 2 small girls that planned to sleep with us. They had to get comfortable on the sofa bed. I reserved a king jr suite and it was extremely small.

• Queen Room Junior Conference Suite

The bed was SUPER hard. It looked to be soft and plush but it was like sleeping on a plank. Very uncomfortable.

The service was amazing. The Valet drivers were timely. Everyone was very helpful and anything we needed we were able to get.

The pool did not work. I was really upset being that I called prior to booking and was told yes. Other then that staff was very nice

Staff was very friendly and accomadating

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

One thing that I didn’t like was that when I ordered toothpaste they told me come to the front desc and take it. They didn’t come to my room and bring it to me.

It was great place and comfortable rooms and clean.

We book this for our grandkids to swim indoors, when we got there we were told pool closed but we can use another property 3 mile away when we got there they didn't have a indoor heated pool. So $155 down the drain. You should of posted the indoor pool was not working or something or given a big discount after hearing our complaints.

Bed! A/C

• Queen Room Junior Conference Suite

Upon check in we realized that we would not receive the room we paid for and expected. When asking for an explanation, the hotel clerk simply said "well this is the room that we can give you. I don't know what else to tell you". The next morning we spoke to the day clerk at the front desk. She confirmed that we paid for breakfast when reserving our room. While eating, we were given a bill for our meals. By this time, there was a new clerk at the front desk. He insisted that we had not paid for breakfast and would need to before we left. This was beyond embarrassing. I was forced to pull up reservation information on my smartphone to prove that we indeed had prepaid for our meals. While eating, another hotel employee asked questions about our stay. When we explained the reservation situation, he said that since we booked with a third party, we were technically not Hilton guests and there would always be very little done to make us comfortable unless we were Hilton Rewards Members. Because of this, we plan to never stay at a Hilton property again.

Our server at breakfast was polite and attentive.

Didnt like breakfast price and that being a 3 star hotel breakfast was not compmimentary. Like indoor pool.

Rooms were clean and provided frig and microwave.

Staff, when we arrived they told us that rooms were not ready, they made us wait but then 5 people came and got their rooms so I have to complaint to get ours, when we made the reservation it says that breakfast was included then at arrival they confirm the free breakfat but next morning they told us that we have to pay, so again I have to complaint to the manager and after telling us that we have to pay he decided to get us the free breakfast, little uncomfortable to keep complaining.

Bed was like a cloud.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

When I first got there the bedroom was supposed to be non-smoking but when I got there it smelled like someone smoked a packed of cigarettes. I was moved to another room. I didn’t like that they don’t have complimentary breakfast although they have breakfast restaurant downstairs it’s like 13 dollars.

The bed was very comfortable. The bedroom was very nice overall. Everything was cleaned. I loved the complimentary valet parking. Omg the shower I loved it. The best water pressure and just right

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The lighting in the room made it difficult to apply make-up so if you're one like myself and friends who does the daily make-up routine bring extra lighting for the standard two bedroom unit. Also,the staff was friendly and helpful (all except Robert-FD who was very short over the phone and not eager to assist with questions regarding the hotel however the valet staff were extremely helpful and friendly)

Absolutely love the location and cleanliness of the property. The valet staff were very kind,informative and entertaining. The front desk provided a quick and speedy check in. Nick and Ugo were my favorite any questions I had they were willing to answer and go the extra mile. Plus the beds were soft, I slept well and the property was gorgeous. Hate the weather didn't permit and short length of time didn't allow us to use the facilities such as the pool.

The furniture in the room was beaten up, the were some wires exposed in the bathroom light fixture.

Room was clean, hotel was clean, free valet parking.

Visitors was too loud and I hated the bed was hard for my back and also when we arrive they didn't see my name in the check in

The view was very nice valet parking was nice pool was nice

I didn’t like that when I arrived to the hotel after driving for 9 long hours to find out that the staff sold my 2 queen bed room to some one else so me and my 4 friends were forced to sleep in a one bed room room..very uncomfortable and very very poor service. The staff wasn’t compassionate about what they had did at all.! Staff or MANAGNENT.! I will never come back..and don’t recommend this hotel to anyone.!!

I didn't like the view that I had, I also didn't like that we had a double room. So I could hear the next couple in the other room.

I liked that it was comfortable and clean

The hot breakfast was not ready until 7am. I think this is late. There were cold breakfast options available, but they did not even have the lights in the breakfast space on before 7. (We were done eating and waiting for our car at the valet stand when they turned the lights on.)

Alot of noise from our room, we could hear everyone talking in the hall. Very crowded in pool and hot tub area because it was small. Exercise room was very small.

The room was very clean, staff was very nice and polite. Hot tub and pool was great amenity.

I was over charged twice still waiting for the “correct amount” to post and the other charge to be taken off. Before we arrived I was told they would charge my card $95 and then they charged it $50 and then tried to charged it for the excess which was not the rate we booked. We were told booking.com tax rate was wrong. The card I was using I only transferred enough for the room but then they charged the $50 it declined the third charge. I went downstairs and asked them to switch the cards. The lady told me they would refund the $95 and asked if i wanted to pay for the room on my other card now. I said yes. Later that day I noticed they didn’t refund me (refunds process immediately on my card I know because the $50 came right off). I called the hotel as my boyfriend and I were out and let them know they over charged both cards the lady stated she would speak to the manager and call me back in 10 minutes. Needless to say I never got a phone call. I originally called at 3pm got back to the hotel at 8-9pm. I asked to speak to a manager I was denied one. The front counter agent couldn’t really explain why I was over charged but another agent was like they added this charge and they didn’t have to and I wouldn’t get charged until after I leave. The first room we were put in was halfway cleaned we walked in to all the cabinets opened, stuff on the wall, the microwave was open, the tv was old and didn’t work (turned channels by itself), sheets were dirty. It was not what I had booked. I went down stairs advised them of these issues they put us in a different room. This room was clean and an updated tv. The difference between the two rooms was like night and day. The next morning we were woken up to the cable company having to come in our room to rerun wire. We were still in bed and were told they could not come back. This was beyond awkward as several men were coming in and out and we were in bed.

Breakfast was good. Complementary valet.

It took 5 separate phone calls and being hung up on twice to get ahold of the front desk here. Then they put us in a room in the middle of a wedding block so there were loud drunk people screaming down the hallway all night. I barely slept. Getting in and out of the hotel is difficult because of where it’s located and the current construction. I probably won’t stay in another hilton garden inn and I definitely would NOT recommend this hotel.

The bed was comfortable.

It was a party going on that weekend when my husband and I visited. The music was to loud. If we would have known this we would have booked elsewhere.

The parking. I think they were working on the parking lot but it was a pain to park around the outside of the hotel.

The room was clean. That's most important.

Excellent service and the staff was very caring from the parking attendent, service desk, and cleaning staff.

This is my second stay and the staff did not disappoint. Excellent!

I didn't like the fact it said on internet free complimentary breakfast but we ended up paying $12.95 a piece for breakfast. The host said only thing free was breakfast in bed. I travel a lot and anytime it has said Complimentary breakfast that is what we got.

The staff was nice, the beds was comfortable, and the breakfast was good.

Loud, noisy occoupants in room.304 . I was unable to rest until they were removed Saturday night after numerous complaints from myself and others. I got more piece when I left the hotel.

They should have informed the customer upon check-in of the free shuttle service within 3 Mi especially since there restaurant was only open during breakfast and dinner time

Restaurant was only open for breakfast and dinner they should have given all persons staying there a list of nearby restaurants and shuttle information. I was there 3 days before I was told they had a free shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The pool was closed the whole weekend. The jacuzzi wasn’t working. We didn’t get complimentary breakfast!

The bed was soft. Rooms were clean. Love the room overall.

• Queen Room Junior Conference Suite

Well for starters they over charged me and it took almost two hours and 3 people to get it address. Then when I arrive valet was rude and the office assistant manager Brenda was rude. They also charged me extra hotel fees, and taxes. After speaking to them before I checked in they never said the pool was bout of service nor did the day it on their website. Then the room picture and description was not correct. Our entire stay was bad. I had to get a room at another hotel just to take my kids swimming. It was my girls birthday and nothing went right. I will never stat there again.

Our experience there was not pleasant

I did not want to order a full breakfast; I was very disappointed that a free continental breakfast was not offered. Otherwise, loved my room and property. Staff was friendly and professional!

I did not like the Valet service. It could be better. They list my keys and did not seem concerned. I had to get someone from the hotel to assist me with them. They may consider changing valet services

The customer service was great. I enjoyed Jermaine the host for breakfast. He was very pleasant and helpful.

A more affordable breakfast option would have been nice.

The staff we encountered so friendly and courteous! Everything was so easy from the payment process to the complementary valet parking. We were very impressed!

The valet parking was HORRIBLE....they weren't able to locate my keys for 30 min!!....Which made me later for an obligation that I had scheduled! Very unprofessionally ran.

The breakfast was pretty thorough

What didnt I like? Nick, The clerk that checked me in, wasn't very understanding when I was made to pay more than what booking.com guaranteed me online. He insinuated that this happened a lot...The parking situation was very confusing and apparently this is an ongoing issue...I couldnt valet my car because it literally looked like they were playing Tetris in front of the hotel with cars... Smh...I attempted to park my car, which would NOT have been a problem, had I been able to FIND the actually parking lot... Which I was told is ALSO an ongoing issue with this property...

When I checked out, the hotel clerk was a pleasure to deal with, as well as the valets... The staff that I encountered at my time of departure was GREAT... A far cry from the service I received when I got there.

The mattress seem to dip and caused my back to hurt.

The service was outstanding. Personnel were very professional and helpful. The staff went above and beyond on assisting us during our stay. Best in Atlanta!

The breakfast food in the that was to be hot was cold!!! The hotel was the coldest of any hotel that I have ever stayed!!! The room was either ice cold or very hot!!! Not a pleasant stay!!!

The bed was very comfortable and the towels were the best! The valet service was very good, Best I ever had!!!

The bed was very soft. It was very clean and I loved hoe friendly the staff was. The hotel had complementary valet, which was amazing because it was freezing and I did not want to walk back and forth in the cold to my car.

The front desk staff weren’t the friendliest. They were always on their phones or talking to each other when you walked up, we would have to stand there a minute before being spoken to.

Our bed was so comfortable and the room was very clean.

The spa was out of order the first night, and the valet was incredibly slow. We had to wait almost 10 minutes every time we left

The bed was very comfortable

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We hosted a family breakfast one morning and it was a huge success thanks to them. Emebet went above and beyond for us. Everyone was so friendly and made us feel completely at home!

The Uber had a hard time finding us on NYE so 3 of our drivers cancelled, but I guess that’s not the hotels fault

The hotel was really nice and the staff allowed early check in for NYE bc our game was rescheduled. The food was great too. It was close to the activities we did.

the valet parking was late every night we stayed there . the room was not as described . also , the fine lines stated that breakfast was included . when we got there , and was told it was about 12.50 each per person

front desk was helpful with the concerns and questions i had . also loved the mirrors in the rooms .

Our tub was clogged the entire stay even when we called they still did not come . A couple was fighting next door we call security twice it took them 45 minutes to come by the time they arrive the woman was injured badly

The Valet were really nice and friendly

Condom in stair well Front doors broken allowing cold air in Lobby toilet had fecal matter and overflowed including throw up Totally gross and unsanitary

Our room can with free breakfast and lady at the restaurant, never spoke just gave us a bill for 41.00. When we asked her about she became rude and loud with us.

The room floor board was coming unglued all around the bathroom. The vent didn’t work in bathroom and moist all over the ceiling falling on you.

Some of the staff was not friendly. When calling the hotel it took me calling them 5 times before they finally answered the phone.

I️t was a very nice hotel and located in a VERY great area! We did some Christmas shopping and all stores were pretty much near each other including the mall. The hotel provided complimentary valet which was great! Also had complimentary cucumber water and am oatmeal bar snack. Will most definitely stay here again. Everything was clean and the staff was very nice

Pool area and lobby bathrooms were so nasty we had to alert the staff! The rooms should be lower because the hotel is regular you are only paying for the name!

Being able to enjoy the moment!

• Queen Room Junior Conference Suite

I had and awesome stay here, I will definitely book again. Spacious and neat and clean. I enjoyed every thing. Me && my guest had a wonderful time. I felt like the Queen I am! 😘❤

We came to Hilton because of their reputation but Atlanta perimeter center location really dropped he ball. First off, The beds are HORRIBLE! Might as well have slept on the floor. It’s probably more comfortable and atleast you know how dirty the floor is. We peeled back the comforter to discover lipstick stains on the sheets and comforter. Did I mention how hard and uncomfortable the bed was? I ended up driving to the mall and picking up sheets and a blanket just so we could get a decent nights rest. We booked for two nights but after the horrible experience we checked out first thing in the morning. The only reason we came to the hotel was because our town experienced power outages because of a snow storm and we needed something comfortable for the days we would be out of electricity, but after the first night I’d rather sleep in my cold dark house than to ever go back there. Room service and hospitality sucked. If you forgot your comb or tooth brush or basically anything they don’t bring it to your room. You have to go downstairs and get it yourself. Same goes for wine or drinks. The only thing they bring to your room is the bland food :-/ oh and the ice machines are broken on most of the floors. Oh and the tissue paper is like wiping with sand paper. Not pleased, impressed and definitely won’t ever recommend stay at this location. Parking was ok I guess... a little disorganized

The staff was nice and honest upon check in... that’s literally the only positive thing about this hotel

My booking reservation was improperly cancelled by the property Property undergoing remodeling so parking was terrible only one working elevator front desk staff not friendly or attentive my preference requests were not met

great location nice breakfast

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The breakfast is real expensive for someone that don't eat a lot. I just went on to McDonald's. The staff was very friendly but I felt the breakfast was over priced.

The hotel was very clean and the rooms are wonderful. Up to date, beds were very clean and fresh and nice.

No complimentary breakfast, poor parking and difficult hotel entrance! You have to walk up/down LOTS of steps to get to your car which is not on the hotel premises! Poor TV channel selection!

Quite, double comfortable beds, cleanliness, newspaper & friendly staff! Close to Perimeter Mall & other shopping area!

The room wasn't clean, the bathroom smelled, there was hair on the sheets and pillows, our neighbors were smoking and loud. It was not a great experience

The management staff swiftly addressed our concerns when made aware.

Poor housekeeping, didn’t clean the room for two days out of our 4 nights stay. Breakfast is additional, online booking it says breakfast is included. Parking is far from the hotel because of construction

Comfy beds

Do pool and jacuzzi were the worst pebbles and stone at the bottom the pool wasn't clean and one of the elevators was down

Didn't eat breakfast there....not alto of variety. They had what was suppose to be a buffet but only four or five items.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

This was my first time ever staying at a Hilton Hotel. Let me just say that my very first experience was an excellent one. I will be booking with Hilton more often.

One of the elevators was broken, heard it hadn't worked since April! So taking elevator took forever. Carpets weren't that clean either and we booked room for 4, but only had 2 washclothes and 3 towels in the room. Parking lot was beside the hotel at an office building, but one way street so had to drive around about a mile back around to park and lots of stairs up/down to the lot, not convenient at all and no note on booking.com indicating that hotel parking was under renovation etc.

Beds were comfy, a/c worked well, coffee maker

The thing that bother me was the parking. I'm not from the area so the directions were a little confusing. Also I didn't appreciate the fact that a photographer was there taking nude photos in the hallway near the elevator once I reported it to the staff no one wanted to compliment my room or give me a discounted rate or offer me an additional stay for free.

The location was great. The staff could've been more professional. Breakfast was great.

At the time of my visit, work was being done to the parking area. It was difficult to get to initially and inconvenient if you didn't load and unload right in the front. Also, for the amount I paid for the room, breakfast should have been included for free rather than have an additional cost.

The facilities were clean at all times ave the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

The walk to parking lot. Also only one elevator was operable Had a very enjoyable time, and was close to friend's home I was visiting

nice comfortable. like there was a restaurant and bar on site. Also there was a nice size fridge and microwave

• Queen Room Junior Conference Suite

The only thing we weren’t fond of us breakfast was $12.95 a person, I don’t feel as the selection as well as the meal was up to value on that part BUT the rest was great & we will be returning.

The value for what we paid was amazing! This was our my most favorite hotel so far & we travel quiet frequently.

Didn’t get the room we paid for Receptionist Broderick was very nasty, unhelpful and disrespectful. My family and I had to sleep in the chair and on a cot in a single room when we paid for a double.

The rooms where ok

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The pool had like salt water in it and it didn’t look the cleanest. A fire alarm woke me up one morning and it was a false alarm. The parking was also weird.

The room was very spacious even the bathroom. The staff was extremely nice.

Exercise facility was small with broken treadmills and very hot. Restaurant staff were not friendly at all and seemed unhappy to be at work. Not the way to start the day.

Nice breakfast included with my room.

The only thing that could have been better was, had the hotel had our reservation ready upon our arrival.

We booked the room through Booking.com The Hotel never received our reservation, however they went over and above to ensure we had a room. We had to be at Emory Hospital very early on the 13th and because we live so far away we booked a room close but did not want to be downtown Atlanta. The room was very clean and the bed was exceptional.

Noises from adjacent rooms. Hardly any sleep. Parking a long way from building and up hill. Others park in handicap with no signage. Some parked in no parking zones. Beds are old and a little rough. Some outlets not working.

Location and staff

Lobby was beautiful. Had smell when you entered the building(althrough) carpeting looked dingy.. Need to update doors and trimmings around the doors to the rooms inside room also and update fridge also

Bathroom(shower), bed, pillows

Noisy rooms-constantly heard traffic-assuming from interstate Awful pillows-flat and need replacing Carpet needs to be replaced-stains everywhere

Convenient location, helpful and friendly staff.

First off the walk to the parking lot was too streep for two senior citizen. We stayed in a handicapped room because we wanted to be closer to the ground which was fine. Except for the fact that there was no place to hang a wash cloth or hand towel near the sink. The sink area was too small to put a makeup bag or other toiletries. There were bugs in the room which we took a picture to show the front desk and they supposedly gave us a free night. We had to get a different coffee maker because the bugs were in it. Also, there wasn't an iron in the room and the one they brought us didn't work so we had to call for another one. I might add that it took awhile to figure out how to turn on the water in the shower.

Close to Marta and the shuttle bus back an forth to Marta.

I didn't get what I book for. I booked two of two queen beds room, and end it up getting one two-queen-bed room and one king-bed plus sofa bed. Ended it up with really bad sleep on the sofa bed. Hotels said it's because booking through booking.com therefore they can not guarantee the room type. After I told booking.com customer service, hotel then admitted they overbooked. Although they offered me free breakfast, the bad sleep caused my to cancel most of my travel plan so that I can go home and get enough rest to get ready for Monday. A really bad experience.

Hotel is clean

Only complaint that I would say is the lighting for the parking lot on the hill. Safety from anyone getting hurt in the future.

Everything except the parking lot

Browse Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center traveller photo gallery