Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Austin North 3 stars

12400 North IH-35 Building C, Austin, TX 78753, USA

#67 of 193 hotels in Austin

great time in austin with a slight mishap.
    • King Room - Evolution

my wife and i left the hotel at 6:30am to play at a charity golf tournament. we returned at 4:30pm tired and sweaty to find our room had not been done. my wife went hunting for towels while i took a shower. the maid arrived at that time to clean our room but by then it was too late. we just wanted to clean up, rest and relax. i complained to the manager who did apologize for the mishap. otherwise this stay would have gotten a better rate from us.

breakfast was okay and kitchen and restaurant staff were great. location of hotel was so so. managers and others were great and friendly. the rooms were ready and clean on arrival but room service was shy of what we expected.

The wonderful breakfast and clean comfortable room.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The night clerk that checked us in at 10:30 Sunday evening 5/27/18 was simply arrogant and grew increasingly rude as we asked questions. It’s ok to say you don’t take cash, but to say that people that offer to pay cash usually end up stealing from your hotel was a little much. Being the first person you meet at the hotel, it would have been great if we felt wanted there and made to feel welcome.

The wonderful breakfast and clean comfortable room.

Fine except for the house keeping incident.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

House keeping pounded on door with do not disturb sign in place. Would not stop until I answered which interrupted a work related conference call. It was before checkout time.

Probably would not stay here again, I want to be comfortable when I'm a weary traverler, I was not.

Bed

The bed was horrible. Room # 318. there is a big dip in the middle and it was so uncomfortable. Did not sleep well. should have someone from hotel go to each room and check mattresses, may be time to replace.

Our stay was excellent. Excellent breakfast in the morning, Staff was kind and courteous.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

Location, Staff, Breakfast were excellent. Room was very nice and clean. Bed was very comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend Hilton Garden.

Thought it was very comfortable and very nice.
    • King Room - Evolution

Pool was right off the front desk and lobby felt to on view of everyone!!! Didn't even go in. No hot tub👎our room didn't get cleaned I asked twice for towels and cups, finally had to get them myself at front desk. This may have been because the maid did not speak English which I understand but I told the front desk and it still didn't happen.

The lobby was beautiful, the room was great, the staff was great! Very nice hotel for an affordable price.I took a walk outside on a beautiful walking path right behind hotel. Beautiful view from our room.

Very nice hotel, location good, clean and staff were great.
    • Queen Evolution Room

Beds were hard Someone left food in the fridge and it was still in fridge at 7 p.m. check in and put out in the hall. No one had picked up by 8 in a.m.

Staff were great Easy to check in and out

Very nice Hotel but watch the extra charges.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

Had continental breakfast, it was good but beware...you have to pay for it and it doesn't tell you that till you get the bill. The menu only states you have to pay for the specialty omelets. We had breakfast elsewhere on 2nd day. Also, my info paper on free internet said only 1st night free then 4.95 a day charge. Front desk stated not true but didn't use it because thought i had to pay. Also Room service had many extra charges. felt like they nickel and dimed you in unexpected ways.

Eggs were ok the rest of continental breakfast was good. Coffee was good. Great service, clean, comfortable beds. felt like we were staying in a more expensive hotel. Nice grounds and area.

I’ll be staying at the Hyatt next time.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

When I checked in I had to wait for rooms to be ready. Then they gave me the wrong room. Compared to my last stay at a Hyatt the king size bed and sleeper sofa were not as nice or as comfortable. Also the room was small considering the furniture in it. If there was breakfast we were not not told of when and where it would be served. We had to call down for linens and blankets for the sleeper couch and then had to go down to the front desk to get them because the employee advised she couldn’t leave the front desk since she was the only one on duty.

Staff was nice.

Hotel- great. booking.com- terrible
    • King Room - Evolution

Booking.com put 3 people in a room with only one bed. Very uncomfortable. The staff at the hotel were excellent. I will never use booking.com again.

The hotel staff were very friendly

Great staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Great staff. I had to wait about 15 minutes for my room to be ready after arriving. I was offerred several bottles of water by two different front desk ladies and given a breakfast voucher. Customer service was outstanding and refreshing.

Our review of the Hilton Garden
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

What i didn't like was the first driveway opening you couldn't see it til you already past it up at night. Good thing there was and second opening.

The rooms were nice and quite comfortable. The complimentary coffee bar and water was really good.

Wonderful hotel, great food, very comfortable bed!
    • King Room - Evolution

There was nothing that really could have been better.

This hotel was superb comfort all around! When you enter the lobby, the first thing you notice is the cleanliness of the area and the courteousness of the staff. I needed an extra pillow and it was there within two minutes! The bed was as soft as a cloud and we had no trouble sleeping. The room was very quiet and exceptionally clean. We definitely plan on staying at this hotel again.

Would not stay there again
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The restraunt closed and hour early on Friday and Saturday night. The water pressure in the room was bad, and the beds were very uncomfortable...

Had a really good location.

The hotel finishes were nice.
    • Queen Evolution Room

It was further from Austin than I realized. Also we were on the side by the highway, so it was noisy.

The hotel finishes were nice. The breakfast was great.

The place was nice.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The dog I saw in the hotel. I can only wonder if a dog was living in my room before I got there. It would be nice if there were more places walking distance

The place was nice. I did see a dog inside the hotel. I thought it was a animal free hotel.

service not up to standard
    • Queen Evolution Room

Housekeeping disturbed us early in the morning, knocking. We send her away. When we came back late evening, the room was not made up.

the manager trying to explain, why they are having trouble with their housekeeping staff (don't speak english, hard to find people, not prepared or interested in their work) We got a free breakfast for compensation

Good visit
    • Queen Evolution Room

Handicap facilities much like regular room. Rails present. Toilets not high. Asked for room close to elevators, but got room near end of hall.

Restaurant service excellent. Food very good

Pick a different hotel.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

The pool was very small , the advertise whirlpool but there's not tne, Breakfast cost $11, staff was not knowledgeable or helpful.

The rooms were very clean, the hotel was updated.

Awesome accommodations, great value
    • Queen Evolution Room

No hot tub. Description online said there was a hot tub, and the signs inside the hotel indicated there was one as well. These things should be updated.

Staff was very kind, friendly, and accommodating. The hotel and rooms are furnished very nicely...felt like we were staying somewhere expensive.

Short get away . . .
    • King Room - Evolution

When I booked the room I thought it was going to have a soaker bath tub for my wife but it only had a shower.

Although the location is right next to the interstate, with just having the A/C fan on low, we could not hear any of the road traffic. The front desk staff was VERY nice and friendly!

Not a good stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The bed was hard. The pillow was flat. The pool was closed for cleaning. There was a $20 processing fee on top of the $130 room. I wanted to pay with cash in the hotel at first & the clerk said I could not & they would charge my credit card. A second receptionist then said I could pay with cash but they had already charged the credit card. She said I could pay with cash anyways and take the credit off. Oh & breakfast is $11 & it looked just like the complimentary breakfast offered for free in a small town 4 hrs away.

Not much

All good, very comfortable, good location, friendly and...
    • King Room - Evolution

We weren't told on your site that we didn't get free breakfast if booked through a third party company. So we'll be booking directly through the hotel in the future.

All good, very comfortable, good location, friendly and helpful staff, free wi-fi

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Ok overall
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

After Checking in, things didn't go well. Was told to park my car in a side lot and enter through side door. Side door was locked,so I had to tote bags around to front door on a very warm afternoon. Finally, got to room; not what I had reserved. Back down to front desk to get the king bed. Waited. Had to show them my reservation confirmation in order to get the king bed. Lastly, no apology. Acted like I was being difficult but I had been patient and respectful throughout.

Bed pillows were very good. Liked the walkin shower. Close to short walking trail was a nice bonus to the location.

There are no close by alternatives to eat, no shopping but the hotel exceeds your needs!
    • King Room - Evolution

We were given a handicap room. I don't know whether you need to ask specifically to not have one but the bathroom setup left us with little space by sink and shower for our items.

Loved the staff.
    • Queen Evolution Room

The beds are weird. Hard memory foam, took a little bit of time to settle in, but overall the bed was fine once you got used to it.

Loved the staff. Really great, friendly, ad warm. The location is great, right near a pond for walking around in the morning. There is a 247 fitness and einstein bagel within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Convenient location just off the I-35.
    • King Room - Evolution

Several times the maids did not replace shampoo, mouth wash, etc.

Very impressed with the staff. Great communication, helpful and very friendly. Two distinct shopping areas are a very short drive from the hotel. One on the East side of the I-35 has an H.E.B., a liquor store, In-n-Out Burger, etc, the other a couple of blocks North has a WalMart, Lowe's, restaurants, etc. An Einstein Bagel is within walking distance. Breakfast at the hotel cost $9.95 for buffet - we're light eaters so that was a little expensive for what we ate. If you ordered eggs, the price is $11.95. It was very clean, a good location for us, and easy to reach just off the I-35N at Parmer.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Good.. except the bartender..
    • King Room - Evolution

The ladies at the front desk were great.. but what made my stay a bit underwhelming was the lack of Customer service and hospitality of the gentleman at the bar. He was rude and was not helpful in anyway.

The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

was everything I expected from a Hilton Property.
    • King Room - Evolution

Bed was very comfy and the bathroom was spotless. Dinner was great and I loved the choices. Great and friendly staff Alyssia (Front Desk) was awesome!!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Very enjoyable weekend!
    • Queen Evolution Room

I like to use the stairs whenever possible, I tried to use them but it kept taking me to the laundry/ staff area, very confusing! Oh yeah I didnt care for the weather, that's not your fault though lol

The view from my room was nice and the front desk personnel always had smiles on their faces and helpful!

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Nothing more than a place to sleep
    • King Room - Evolution

Pool location dirty bathroom sink (hair) and dirty grout Noise from Interstate Noise from neighbors tv Noise from doors closing in hallway (other guest entering their room)

Close to my destination

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

It was very expensive comparing to the facilites and comfort in the hotel. I used to trust Booking evaluation but this time I got shocked by the level of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

I would look elsewhere.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Air conditioning unit rattled, bed had a big center divot. Pillows were completely flat. Pool area was being worked on, stacked chairs and caution tape made it look dumpy.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Staff needs to improve, the rest is good
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

Cook in the kitchen was cleaning the floor and then he put his hands under water and started to prepare our breakfast:/ The room service brought the bill on our last day. Instead of sending it under the door , she knocked the door like Sheldon, 20 times without stopping. She woked us up ofc. And later when she came back to clean the room and we said later, she was not happy at all. It was the same lady most probably because she knocked the door again like 20 times without stopping.

Hotel was nice. Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

good location and affordable for the amenities.
    • King Room - Evolution

No Complimentary breakfast. That is always a draw and very convenient. All things being equal, I would choose a facility with the complimentary breakfast.

Good location and easy access.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

We liked how clean the room was even if we got a handy cap...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

We liked how clean the room was even if we got a handy cap room, the beds were hard but they had a control to adjust the bed which we didn't know of until we checked out the receptionist forgot to tell us about it when we checked in. My wife loved the cookies they had out in the lobby tbey were great. So far it was ok!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

It was decent but to expensive for the channels available internet worthless
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The staff when explaining what amenities were free and what would be charged for was really fast spoken to where u only understood or caught in to a couple of things that were told.. Spoke to fast for a new customer who was a first timer there..

It was decent.. Especially the over all facility

Very mediocre hotel and services.

UNtrained staff, unhelpful.

Very mediocre hotel and services.

Good location nice hotel
    • King Room - Evolution

Was not sure on the cost of break buffet. Only higher level members get it free

Staff accommodating and overall nice hotel

Pleasant place to stay

Cold pool

People were great.

Clean rooms staff very helpful

The pool

Clean rooms staff very helpful

Employees super nice the room was good and clean
    • King Room - Evolution

The pool was super cold and dirty and way way to small

Employees super nice the room was good and clean

Awesome place
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

I like everithing, this will be my favorite place in Austin Tx to relax and enjoy. Perfect place, nice people. Thank you

Great place to stay!

I actually liked everything

The property was clean and the staff was super friendly! I would definitely stay here again!

Overall great Stay
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

A bit of mold in showers.

Very comfortable, nice staff, & clean rooms.

Nice.
    • Queen Evolution Room

Not getting Hilton points because I booked through booking.com.

The room was very clean
    • King Room - Evolution

The staff wasn’t always available for a long period of time

The room was very clean

Pretty & clean

Pretty & clean

Small and cozy.
    • Queen Evolution Room

Windows need some work. Coffee table area needs some cleaning.

Small and cozy.

That I didn’t get Hilton reward points because i went...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

That I didn’t get Hilton reward points because i went through your site.

The room keeper didn’t clean the room and water was leaking ...
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The room keeper didn’t clean the room and water was leaking , so the floor was wet

It was nice to be able to have a cocktail and food when I arrived .
    • King Room - Evolution

No biscuits and gravy at breakfast !

Great staff.

It was a great stay.
    • King Room - Evolution

It was a great stay. Everything was perfect!

No shuttle as promised, had to check out and baçk in on Sunday even though 1 stay. No towels at pool
    • Queen Evolution Room

Language barrier with staff. Will not be booking at Hilton again.

Bed is very comfortable

Bed is very comfortable

The picture I booked showed a garden bathtub, there was a...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

The picture I booked showed a garden bathtub, there was a regular shower and bathtub. The only reason I initially booked was for the bathtub.

It was very clean and I really liked the shower instead of a...
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

It was very clean and I really liked the shower instead of a tub/ shower combo. Staff was great.

Staff was very nice & helpful.
    • Queen Evolution Room

Beds are squeaky and not so comfy.

Staff was very nice & helpful.

Will stay again

Nice and easy

Back rooms have a beautiful lake view

comfortable

na

internet, breakfast included

Will avoid staying there again.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The bed ... it's was way to hard and noisy. I slept better on the sofa

The pillows and soft blankets

Bathroom
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The room was still staged from cleaning ,,, em wasn't put back together before checkin

Bathroom

Excellent for the price

I liked the breakfast

Excellent front staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Full breakfast included was I suppose to receive continental breakfast?

Friendly smiling staff

Restroom didn't have a vent switch, the curtains...
    • Queen Evolution Room

Restroom didn't have a vent switch, the curtains wouldn't close all the way

great golf weekend outing.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

the breakfast there could have been a little cheaper.

close to restaurants and to the interstate.

Needs a little improvement
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Shower stall leaked water on to floor. Pool was closed on Friday, the only day we could go. Room needs more light

Clean & nice bed

Good overall stay
    • King Room - Evolution

Small pool, breakfast not included

Bed comfort

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Road noise

Road noise

Accommodating

Very clean

Kelly is great at her job.

Na

Kelly is great at her job. Good staff. Thank you Hilton

Front desk folks are great.
    • King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast buffet way overpriced at $11.95. Room facing highway very noisy.

Front desk folks are great.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The lady who served at breakfast was rude.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The lady who served at breakfast was rude.

Nice place for a weekend
    • King Room - Evolution

The bed was comfy, the facilities nice, and there was a lovely view behind the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The bed was GREAT!
    • King Room - Evolution

Security could be placed outside to detour shady people.

The bed was GREAT!