Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater 3 stars

500 Promenade Boulevard, Bridgewater, NJ 08807, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Bridgewater

Location was great, close to several restaurants and shops.

The hotel was under construction which we did not know until we checked in. I booked a King bed room and when got to our room there was queen bed in there. The guy at the front insisted that it was a king bed but it definitely was not! I then asked for a double queen bed room because we had our 4yr old son with us and the queen beds were the same exact size as the bed in the king room. I dont know who they thought they were fooling but I dont appreciate being made to feel dumb. Luckily the double queen room worked out for us. For the rate of the stay, the construction and the bed issue they should have atleast thrown in complimentary breakfast but they didnt.

Location was great, close to several restaurants and shops.

My stay was okay.

Front desk attendant didn’t offer any options or discounts after being told about the noise and interruption that we had from the facility repair workers

Could have been better
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy room bathroom toilet didn’t work even after maintenance supposedly fixed it. Shower leaked onto bathroom floor

Good location for our purpose

If I come back to Bridgewater, I know where I am staying.

I do think the newly renovated rooms should have bath tubs but I guess you had a reason for that change. The older room we stayed in was still nice though. The noise from construction was slightly bothersome but it really wasn't bad and didn't impact sleep too much.

Location was easy to get to, centrally located to many of my activities in town. The place was well kept and the employees were all very nice and helpful.

there was renovation going on and it was very inconvenient...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

there was renovation going on and it was very inconvenient to have people working in the corridor and you have to walk in between their equipment and all. this could have been better planned.

Over all ok due to storm in the area the hotel was crowded
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lighting in the room is poor very harsh and not balanced Only 1 chair not including the desk chair and is was very uncomfortable Bathroom was re designed but done poorly Tub should have been replace with shower, no grab bar in the tub Mirror offset from sink poor design Wasted space below the countertop could have been used to store towels

Room was clean and kept up

Horrible worse stay ever

First checked in went to our room which was being painted. Went bk to the lobby front desk associate said she was sending someone to find us another room, the one she sent never went. They then sent some other guy even after I asked why the other man she said was going didn’t take care of it. Mind you we have two hours till we need to be at a wedding arrived four hours ahead of that sums up our time wasted. Snakes will keep telling you lies until they can fix the mistakes they already made. Plus I ordered a king room and the other room they gave us didn’t look like it was suppose to think they trick me with a queen.

Lobby area was decorated nice. Bartender was the only honest staff member that worked in the hotel we spoke too.

Cleanliness.

The staff member (male manager) was very rude and unfriendly. After a 5 hour drive it would have been nice to see a friendly. He just couldn't be bothered. Poor customer service

Cleanliness. Good breakfast

Entrance was inviting as was the staff.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little too firm for us

Entrance was inviting as was the staff. Very clean and very private. Did not even know we had neighbors, very quiet even though the hotel was fully booked.

Amazing - Make sure you book a room and visit.

There wasnt anything we didnt like.

Loved the lobby with its delightful decorating, very modern, the colors were bright, everything was clean, lots of windows, the sitting areas were extremely inviting, the landscaping was great. Our room was contemporary, nicely decorated, also very inviting, clean, up to date. The staff was amazing, extremely helpful with a smile all the time. Definitely on our list to stay again.

Fineand convenient place to stay in Bridgewater
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Thought it was a little pricey.

Food was very good, bed was a little soft for our complete comfort but not bad. Location was very convenient to our plans.

Nice place, but be prepared to hear EVERYTHING

My only complaint is that the walls are PAPER thin. We could hear every door slamming, every conversation, every time someone was in the hallway, etc. We were woken up multiple times, even from someone talking on the phone in the room next to us. Made us feel like we had no privacy.

Spacious rooms adn nice staff
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a sign statign the restuarant was closed on the 24th. I had made plans to eat breakfast with my family who live nearby as we did not have a car. I specifically asked if it was closed all day and was told yes. however, it was open for breakfast . we were therefreo misinformed the night before. In addition, a different sign had been placed at reception (different thatn the night before).

Spacious rooms adn nice staff

The open lobby concept was nice.

The room door and bathroom door were often in each others way. Not a big deal but a thought for future hotel design. The chlorine smell is strong and it is starting to permeate the hallway and rooms, probably from people dripping on the carpet. The restaurant was more like a food bar and seemed like an afterthought.

The open lobby concept was nice. The pool was small but very nice and well heated. The firmness of the bed was adjustable and very comfortable.

Looking forward to our next visit!

That breakfast wasn't included. As much as you pay to stay here, breakfast should be included.

The comfort and service at the hotel was exceptional. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The indoor pool was clean with a lot of seating available. The room was large, bed was luxurious, and the room service was fast and waitress was so sweet and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay, wish it had been longer!

Scrambled eggs!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is in a renovation/upgrade process. Rust on our shower towel rack was obvious A/C was soso. Hard to adjust due to rooms size. Beds were ok but sagging in middle. We were mislead about our meals (breakfast) was not included. I didn't observe the fine print of your booking; I thought it was as in most bookings in the past. We tried to rectify with hotel but would have cost us an added expense for the one night (Monday 6/5 due to weekday rates). Very disappointed.

Location for our purposes with family and friends.

Rooms are very clean.

Rude staff. Waited 10 minutes at check-in for someone to actually come to the front desk. Wife accidentally left her credit card at the breakfast table and we (both adults) were chastised by a rude employee like we were children.

Rooms are very clean. Bed is rediculously comfortable. Pool was nice too before it was ruined by screaming children at 10:30 at night.

The lobby, Restaurant area was very comfortable.

The Eggs & French Toast were very dry at the Buffet for $12.00

The lobby, Restaurant area was very comfortable. The outside patio was very nice & Relaxing.

11pm check in closing time was a bad idea

I booked the hotel for my customer who came for a visit. However when his train delayed at night, he called hotel and was told that the hotel supposed to close at 11pm for check in........(I later found it was at booking's confirmation as well) He ended up to change his plan and our next day plan was totally messed up as well. I hope it will be improved. Thanks

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Excellent property.

As I have booked hotel using booking.com, I could not get invoice for my stay.

Excellent property. The staff were very professional and helpful. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Excellent hotel
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There should be a wider selection of cocktails and mixed drinks.

The gentleman at the register displayed excellent customer service. The room was comfortable,and the bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Call first before booking!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

They had recently removed the jacuzzi/whirlpool from the pool area. The reason I rented rhe room at that hotel. Hotel offered the same room with a jacuzzi tub and they refused to move me even though the hotel was far from full. Stating that I booked through a third party and it wasnt possible. Night table lamp didnt work at all even after I tried a working bulb from another lamp. There was a hole in bathhroom door that was poorly repaired.

Bed was firm and comfy. Reception area clean and inviting

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Saturday night staff, very nice & helpful.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

If they keep the winter conditions away... They don't control the weather & road conditions. But a nice place to stay at on short notice!

Saturday night staff, very nice & helpful. Sunday morning breakfast, very good over all.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Good hotel. Will come back.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Even though the room is for double occupancy, there was tea serving only for one.

This was the 2nd stay in this hotel. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Room was clean, comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Good value hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Slightly dated room. Pool smell in the hall, but that's an OK tradeoff for being on the ground floor with children.

Great value breakfast, clean room, pool. A good option for a family in central New Jersey.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

First floor hallway had very strong odor of chlorine from...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First floor hallway had very strong odor of chlorine from pool. This made me sneeze a lot and cough. Someone sensitive or with allergies could have an adverse reaction to this.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Decent
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Mag key had all kinds of issues. Toilet flap leaked so toilet let refilling. Toilet didn't flush well.

Bed is adjustable for softness. Didn't notice this until last day.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Good all in all, the personnel might have better social skills!!

One of the gentleman behind the counter was certainly not the usual personable entity you expect in quite a nice hotel. He was quite indifferent to comments and never even looked up when people went by. It was quite off-putting.

It was pleasantly clean without and overpowering toxic smelling sprays.

Clean & fall decorations in lobby;
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Extremely disappointed that the hot tub has been covered over. Tried to use 30 minutes after arrival. Staff said too many problems with keeping it at the correct temperature and clean. Booked the hotel with this feature in mind as shown when reserving on booking.com and had used prior. I got to use the pool twice (Large family took up much of the small indoor pool 1st time, 2nd time 8 am in morning had to myself 3rd time 7 am pool room had 10 or more GLASS Bottles around pool, used towels and someone's left behind bathing suit!) I let front desk know, they said the pool person was not in yet (Sunday morning) Should not have opened pool under those conditions.

Clean & fall decorations in lobby; clean room; staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Good for business travel. Leasure, not so much...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

Asked for a quiet room, got put next to the elevator and ice machines. Fortunately, A/C covered most noise.

No breakfast included - and the bed was so-so. Ok, but not great.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Brief but enjoyable stay!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

A closer location to our destination. We were visiting friends in Branchburg.

Friendliness & service of the staff. We stopped by the bar for an after dinner drink on Friday night with two friends. The bar server said they were out of the beverage ordered. Then he told us to wait while he checked on it. Within minutes he had found the cinnamon whiskey that he thought they were out of. We felt he went out of his way to please the customer. Loved the autumn decorations that greeted us outside and in the lobby area. Very comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

impressed as soon as I pulled up with the way the hotel...

impressed as soon as I pulled up with the way the hotel looked, the grounds groomed, etc. Staff was very accommodating and took care of all my needs right away. Room was great - comfortable and the bar/restaurant was just what I needed after a long drive.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Clean,spacious room, comfy bed and great jacuzi.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

HHonors points not attributed when booking through booking.com. Receptionists could have been warmer.

Clean,spacious room, comfy bed and great jacuzi.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

The stay was very pleasant and the hotel was very clean

The only issue was the bed. The mattress was sunken in on one side. The breakfast was great but would think it should be included

The hotel was very nicely decorated when you first walk in. Rooms were very nice too!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Room was spotless
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our refrigerator made a noise when it shut off. Could have been more then 2 creamers for us to have coffee.

The room was spotless. Beds were comfortable. My pillows were a little soft but my wife thought hers were just fine. Didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment on the food. Easy to make reservations.

Excellent experience. I would recommend it to everyone

Excellent place. Clean, great customer service and delicious breakfast

We enjoyed ourselves had a good time in the area always nice to comeback to a place we like.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed.

Room view

Room view

Had a fantastic weekend.

Pillows were too soft.

Breakfast was amazing. Loved the large shower. Fridge was a nice bonus.

Cool
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

ATT WiFi did NOT like mobile phone access and I am guessing this is due to optimizing mobile phone bill

Enjoyed the visit to NJ in a location convenient for my commute but would have liked better rate
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Better options in fitness center

Restaurant staff were outstanding. Very friendly and really started my day off with a smile

Toilet too low.

Toilet too low. Old style

1 night
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Construction is being done in rooms. Hallways were dirty and room smelled of paint and plaster

Newer hotel

Great place

Small bathroom

The bed was comfortable

It was quiet

Overnight stay with family
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds and pillows were terribly uncomfortable.

Beautiful lobby, welcoming staff, rooms were spacious and very well appointed.

Just what we neede while our power was off due to storm.

Breakfast was great. Dinner could have been better.

Staff is really nice.

Active construction within the hotel during our stay.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Active construction within the hotel during our stay. Woke us up very early in the morning and obviously was not ideal.

Far away from the airport

Far away from the airport

Close to everything.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Heater was very noisy. Kept me awake.

Close to everything.

Will not stay here agine
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

The front desk staff not accommodating for anything. And had to wait 20 minutes to check in, Saturday evening only one person at the front desk.

Bed was comfortable.

We were annoyed for a short time by kids in the hallway coming from the pool which was nearby.

Bed was comfortable.

Awesome!!!

N/a

Very clean rooms and nice staff.

We didn't know that the hotel was being renovated

We didn't know that the hotel was being renovated

Sharp

Well maintained ,clean

Bed was great

Bed was great

THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE FIRMNESS OF THE MATTRESS

THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE FIRMNESS OF THE MATTRESS

Generally a good hotel, this stay was pretty disappointing.

Rude night staff spoke with a condescending tone, very curt.

front office refused to give me the invoice and said it...

front office refused to give me the invoice and said it needed to be downloaded from Booking.com website. Moral : I still have no invoice

Beautiful hotel! Great place to stay!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn't stay longer... lol

Beautiful hotel. Immaculately clean. Extremely friendly staff.

Comfortable bed

disappointed that you implied with booking that breakfast was included so the extra 11.95 plus tax was unexpected and not appreciated

Comfortable bed

excellent choice

very nice front desk staff

Breakfast not included

Nice

No breakfast

Clean,front desk service

all good execpt rude noisy guests at 7am sunday morning acting like they are the only ones there

did not use the resturant

Wonderful night's rest.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was superior and I liked the room darkening shades. The Keurig coffee was great.

The bed is not up to current modern standards.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed. Despite the "dial a comfort setting" the bed was fair at best.

The bed is not up to current modern standards.

Very comfortable bed!

We got there late wish i had more time for the pool

Very comfortable bed!

Room was clean -

I t was really really noisy in the room. We could clearly hear everything outside our door .... very loudly.

Room was clean -

Everything was great but there was a high pitched whistling...
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

Everything was great but there was a high pitched whistling noise every time we used the shower

This was a perfect location for us in Bridgewater
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

For what we needed, the location was perfect.

Breakfast personal very friendly and good service
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Swimming pool is a mess, shouldn't be open to the public. Really a health liability!

Breakfast personal very friendly and good service

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Clean, friendly and very good location.

Clean, friendly and very good location.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Really nice fitness center.

Really nice fitness center. Good coffee in the Lobby.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Dinner hours delayed half hour

Dinner hours delayed half hour Breakfast pricey