Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport 3 stars

1516 Aero Drive, Linthicum, MD 21090, USA

#12 of 20 hotels in Linthicum

the room was very clean ,It serve the purpose very well.

The hotel itself was very quiet , but the busy road with the trucks and the airport was a little noisy, but it is something to expect.

the room was very clean ,It serve the purpose very well.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

i had a lousy stay,room was muggy,clothes werent cleaned.

air condition should've worked,washer dryer should've worked ,the sauna tub should've been cleaned with that much business.an to say u have to pay for breakfast.when it was already included an I sense my credit card being overcharged possibly.im on crutches and needed to relax instead it worked me up I carried wet clothes back to room.it was an awful stay.

THE Bed WAS GOOD,THE SCRAMBLED EGGS WERE GROSS TASTING.BACON COULDVE BEEN MORE FRIED,MAN SAID U HAVE TO PAY $14 IF BREAKFAST BUFFET HERE THE LADY SAID MS. ICHECKED YOU HAVE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST ON YOUR ITEINARY.an gave me a coupon things were just too studpid there.AIR CONDITION DIDNT WORK,IT WAS WARM TOO MUGGY THE SAUNA TUB I WOULDNT EVEN GO IN PILED HIGH FOAM WASNT CLEAN.SCUM ON THE TOP OF SWIMMING POOL,MY LAUNDRY GOT STUCK ON SPIN CYCLE STIL DIRTY.CLOTHES WERE HUNG IN MY ROOM.first time ever at garden Hilton I was happy to be there.im on crutches an knee that is ruined.limping and this man that awlays stands near the kitchen hes awful someone there certainly was.if it wasn't for the white lady with England accent she moved her butt.they put signs on the washer.i should've had another free night somewhere else or money reimbursed.Honest to God.thanks for your attention in this matter.one more thing I always ask for receipt and I get a answer of check out will giv receipt an I say whenever u hand the credit card or pay cash it should be verified what the amount you agreed upon.on paper I walk away feeling cheated in one way.distrust.then check out give another receipt with balance zero.thanks

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Needs to be updated.

Needs to be updated. Leak in ceiling, phone was missing info insert, bathroom felt dated. Staff was forced friendly. Van drivers very helpful and drove us to dinner.

Breafast

This facility needs major updating, no towels in the room, furniture out dated, shower drain was clogged. Front desk could not check the room out because he was alone. But he was very nice.

The Breakfast was good, and the hostess setting on breakfast was very helpful. And the food was good. But booking made it seem like the breakfast was prepaid and it wasnt.

I liked the location and the bed was comfortable

The housekeeping staff was rude. Although check out was at 12, they rudely knocked on our door at 7 and 8 in the morning asking what time we were checking out. Very disrespectful in their approach

I liked the location and the bed was comfortable

I’m glad it’s only one night

You have to pay for parking.They will try to make you pay for breakfast($15 per adult)even though I booked it for free breakfast(I don’t know why only 2 adults because I have two children with me.)the breakfast was ok, not work $15..somehow ended up on the a room with a few bad review problems(#226)*read it for yourself.

It’s 10 mins away from the baseball stadium

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The guy who was working the counter overnight said he was...

The guy who was working the counter overnight said he was new but he was so nice and friendly easy to talk to and took care of everything we needed ASAP he’s a good person to have there

Hotel stay

The woman checking us in was extremely rude, wouldn’t let me husband check in without me (I was 30 minutes away) she made the remark “what if we were fighting” even though I called ahead of time.. The pool was completely overcrowded, due to strange pool hours.. Our AC Unit in room barely worked, room was very hot. The hotel booking site also doesn’t tell you that, you have to pay the hotel daily just to mark. We will not be returning due to these reasons.

The property was clean, rooms were nice, & other guests were friendly.

I arrived a little early at 1:00pm and was informed we had...

I arrived a little early at 1:00pm and was informed we had to wait a few hours before a room would be available. I asked if our belongings could be secured so my family and I could go swimming, the lady said yes. As we proceeded, she then told us room 226 was available. This room had a very foul odor. I informed the housekeeper, who didn't understand english, so I explained to the housekeeper supervisor. She came in and sprayed the carpet and curtains with a liquid solution which left the carpet wet. My family and I went to the pool for a 2 hours. Returning to the room, I noticed in the bathroom above the showerhead that the ceiling had been damaged by water and it had not been repaired properly. At this point I informed the front desk about everything related to this room and asked if I could be move. She td ne no rooms were available, an engineer would take care the issue. My family and I left the hotel and went to the mall. When we returned to this hotel the lady at the front desk told me the engineer checked everything out and the room was fine. Nothing was done to this room, the carpet area by the air conditioner was covered with water, and the ceiling above the showerhead was still the same. I informed bookings and sent the pictures. The next morning the toilet stopped up, I called the front desk and she told me to come and get the plunger, at this point everyone is frustrated so my aunt went down to the front desk then they sent a man to unstop the toilet. The carpet area by the air conditioner felt like you were walking in a puddle of water. I'm glad our stay was only for 1 night.

I would stay there again in hopes that the bed issues was an anomaly.

Bathroom was small and you could not get into the tub without closing the door, too small. MAJOR PROBLEM= one of the beds had a foul odor. Not sure if the sheets were clean. First night room smelled a little "stuffy" but I figured due to lack of occupancy. I sprayed Lysol into the air. The second night I searched for the source, and just shared the bed other bed with my son. Perhaps, the sheets in both beds should be changed every time someone checks out even if the beds looks as if it wasn't used. Also, spraying the mattresses with Lysol at the same time would help this too. AC didnt maintain room temp well.

Room size great. Bathroom had plenty of useful counter space. First chef's pancakea were delicious. Second Chef's pancakes had a better presentation and service with a smile. He announced the order and the waiter was able to get your food to you while it was still hot. Excellent location and shuttle service. Staff after day of check-in were really friendly and knowledgeable about the hotel amenities.

Great shuttle service and a good choice for overnight.

AC in room worked well but was a bit musty. There was a bit of humidity and the door to the room had swollen..sticking a bit. The pillows were lumpy... not so comfortable.

Breakfast was very good, especially the crisp bacon. A nice selection. The chair in the room and the desk chair were very comfortable, as was the bed.

Hilton something something

Loud party around us at midnite.( Poor sleep) Loud air conditioner fan. Floors of elevators were a little dirty. Also, the front desk is set off side in lobby, not front and center- waiting line clogs up entryway to elevators.

STAFF. And complementary infused water in the lobby. ( Not everyone drinks coffee )

Complaint about how much they charged me.

Well, they told me my price was $268.00, but when i checked my bank account, they had taken $309.00 . I don't understand why they took the extra dollars out !!! Even on my receipt it said $268.00 can someone explain this to me. Besides that Everything was excellent.

Pool was extremely dirty and lots of kids under 12 with no...

Pool was extremely dirty and lots of kids under 12 with no adults. We booked this hotel so that my kids could swim (4 and 6yr olds) , and due to the cursing rude kids and the cleanliness of the pool we could not use the pool.

It was close to airport.

The spa was really dirty and not able to use they should have told use at checking in. They were having pool and spa issues

It was close to airport. Right at next exit .

Very nice place for a get away.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath and Sofa Bed

One of the guest relations personnel was not so friendly. And the shuttle service could be better( needed to go to local market ,I had to take a taxi and waited for 3 hours for a return taxi.

Room and breakfast was very nice

Loved the breakfast mornings.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Spa Bath and Sofa Bed

Loved the breakfast mornings... Especially with kids who wake up early. I was disappointed that on mothers day i wanted tp enjoy the pool n hot tub but the pool had way to much chlorine and the hot tub wasnt working. I left another hotel to come here for the pool.

A waste of money.

Breakfast was nasty. Eggs watery, bacon & sausage greasy, bagel stale. Breakfast was included in our rate. Man at breakfast gave us a hard time to get food and kept saying that we had to pay and only one person eat free. He then questioned my children's age because they are tall. After that the cook questioned my son's age because of his height. After all that we sit down and the food was nasty. The beds were hard. The toilet was wobbly. The pool was closed because someone vomited in it. Understandably but disappointing because kids wanted to swim. Front desk man did take $30 off the rate. Still wasn't worth the money. Did not hold up to Hilton standards or reputation.

Nice and clean lobby.

Convenient, low price and very high standard

Air conditioning was too strong and a bit noisy - so we switched it off.

Room was luxurious for very reasonable price. Breakfast great. Close to airport (Washington Baltimore)

Room was very comfortable and very clean and staff was courteous

I don’t believe I was credited for my stay. I gave the lady checking no me in my Hilton Honors number . I wasn’t aware of the $8/day parking fee until I checked in. Not certain that was something that I overlooked but I was surprised.

some good some bad

I did not know there was a parking fee and only found out after I overheard 1 attendant telling other guests. The attendant I have never mentioned it until I asked after unloading my car. The generator test on Monday woke me from some much need rested. We dose made service knock on your door so early if check out is 11:00am.

Location was great

Except for checking-in and the fact that I did not get a king-sized bed, all else was good.

I booked a king bed but was given two queen-sized beds, with no explanation. The lady (Christie) who checked me in did not explain anything about the hotel: no mention of eating facilities or schedule; no mention of fitness, swimming, internet, shuttle. The only thing she did mention was "turn to my left, the elevators are around there", in dismissing me as if she were happy to move on to whatever else she had in mind. Customer service was not what came to mind.

It was clean and comfortable, the price was fair.

The breakfast guys in the morning were not very friendly.

The staff was friendly and attentive. The shuttle drivers were very helpful, friendly and a wealth of information on how to get around Baltimore and DC.

Room was clean and comfortable.

Pool was closed for maintainence. We would have used with kids after a long day on the road.

Room was clean and comfortable. Called for a hypoallergenic pillowband it was delivered promptly.

I was very disappointed in this hotel, and I am a Hilton member
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Batch Tub - Mobility Access

The male at the front desk was not friendly, and the bathroom was not up to date (the shower curtain was barely attached). We then had a maid knock on our door the first thing in the morning (9 am) asking us are we ready to leave, and then saying, then what time are you checking out. The spa sounds like it was ready to shut down.

Very happy with stay.

The hot tub had a build-up of scum in corners - was rather unpleasant.

Clean room, clean hallways, front desk quick to get maintenance to come replace broken toilet seat. All good.

Great Staff, Awesome Experience, Great facilities, well kept up place. Family overall loved it.

Honestly the Prices at the restaurant were extremely steep. I get it's a means of income but it sucks having a quality restaurant right there but feeding a family of five costs as much as the room we were staying in. Find a way to reduce the prices or create a wallet friendly menu option for folks.

The food was excellent. Very shocked at the quality. Overall experience was awesome, my three kids loved it the most and it honestly made the stay a lot easier seeing them have so much fun. Katie at the front desk was a stand out, she was friendly, funny, remembered my name and was always down to help out in any way.

Would be nice to have s spa tube in the suits
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Batch Tub - Mobility Access

Ppl who stay there should pay half price for breakfast if it doesn’t already come with the room when booking

Would be nice to have s spa tube in the suits

It could have been better

The tv channels was sad, the pool and the whirl pool was not clean no towels in the pool area. At the end of check out time one of the clean up staff hide some of our belonging , I quess they thought we was not coming back for it. We spoke to the head manger of housekeeping about the issue.

the breakfast was good and the staff was nice the room was clean but just a little small no good view and the tv service could have better channels to choose from. The bed was comfortable and the pillows was soft.

Great location for ATI

Bed was hard, they do have feather pillows. They had a propane fire place when u walk in and bad propane smell,,

Nice rooms, food was great. Staff is awesome

Pleasant.

Thought meals were expensive especially breakfast. Wait staff very friendly, but didn't know we could have asked for our eggs specifically cooked until we had already dished up our plates. Food was fresh and appetizing, but for travelers used to a free continental breakfast this was not worth $12. 95/person.

Room very comfortable. Shower was nice and hot. Bedding was soft and very comfortable. Heat controls very responsive. Staff was very professional.

Good location, comfortable room and bed.

Staff member on desk at check in was a bit short, guess he was quite busy. Also, I spoke to the hotel the day before and was advised to call when we were 2 stops away on the train and the shuttle would be there to meet us. On the day, the same guy on check in, told me I had to wait until we arrived at the train station before I called. Conflicting messages

Bed was very comfortable and we were only there for one night.

It was a nice, convenient place to stay close to the airport.

We wish it had the Hallmark Channel due to the holiday movies they are playing now.

The place was nice and convenient to the airport plus we had transportation to the airport which was a bonus.

Very happy with our stay.

There was a broken baseboard tile in the bathroom. While that is very minor, I did notice it. It shows attention or lack thereof to detail/maintenance.

Hotel was very good as indicated by rating online. I often don’t sleep well in hotels. The bed is too hard, the room is too hot, the air system is too loud... But, we had a very restful, comfortable night here. Very friendly staff. We used the workout room, and it was in good condition and working order.

Convenient and comfortable!

The only thing I noticed that I'd consider a "con" would be that the facility is showing some wear-and-tear from use i.e. some areas are in need of repainting. But this in no way effected the cleanliness or the overall satisfaction of my stay.

Room was very comfortable, including the bed. The in-room Keurig coffee maker was convenient and the provided coffee was very good. The complimentary shuttle was extremely helpful - upon my arrival I checked in then returned my rental car and I was promptly picked up at the rental car facility. I again used the shuttle service the following morning to catch my flight. Both drivers were cheerful and friendly!

Very comfortable and spacious room.

Toilet flooded, but was quickly attended to. Wake-up call did not happen.

Very comfortable and spacious room. Propmt service when we called.Several restaurants very close by.

The stay was nice except :read statement above.

The toilet seat was very loose and I did fall off it was funny when I fell but it wasn't so funny when I woke up the next morning. Left side and hip was hurting and leg bruised a little I told the front desk clerk and they said they would fix the seat.

Did not eat breakfast but everything was vary nice.

Not a half bad place to crash for the price, with a last minute reservation on a road trip.

Not really much to say here. We got in late, passed out fast, woke up and left early in the morning.

Stayed in a king size room. Room itself was huge, and after a long day of trekking the bed was comfy enough that we passed out soon as our heads hit the pillow.

The coffee was ok.

The food was pretty poor. We took coffee and had breakfast on the road. It was too expensive to stay there without a decent breakfast. In addition, there was only one cart for the entire hotel.

The coffee was ok.

It was a good stay overall. Having to tell my 5 year old he can't go swimming because it was dirty.

Pool was disgusting with hair and lord knows what else floating around. All the towels were in the dirty bin there wasn't any clean ones left.

Rooms were clean and open easy to get around

Good overall rating still room for improvement

Bathtubs shower small. No complimentary breakfast would have been nice

I like the location for its proximity to the airport and to the area that I was visiting

Good except for faulty air cond. Staff had temp.set at 64°!!

Noticed our air conditioner leaked the first night. We stayed 3 nights.When we came back late the 3rd night our room was damp & air cond. went out! Finally called down 3rd night & receptionist said she would take off 1 night from our bill. However, I wonder what we were breathing ' mold? etc. room 442! Couldn't sleep well. Carpet was soaked near the air cond. for 3 days? Not what I expected from a Hilton on my first stay.

The location was perfect! Close to the airport & friends.

Great Hotel

My son (18) was travelling alone to the Naval Academy in Annapolis. As he is 18, Shelly (Housekeeping Manager) called to confirm he was my son and took great care of him.

Hot tub

Waited on hold for over six minutes to find out where to pick up the airport shuttle. Ended up taking a taxi to the hotel, because the airport shuttle took a long time. Staff didn't let me know that we had to sign up for the morning shuttle – luckily I saw someone else signing up and asked about it.

Hot tub

Decent room for the cost.

Booking through you did not give me a choice to choose a room. I needed one close to elevator. Traveling with an elderly parent

The exercise room was wonderful. Pool looked nice. The staff was helpful The courtesy van driver went out of his way to be nice. I needed a wheelchair and he brought me one.

I made a special request to get rooms together.

More flexible in getting rooms together

I made a special request to get rooms together. We arrived early. The lady at the counter made a big fuss about giving us the rooms together even though we see those rooms are free the whole time.

Parking longer than 1 day? Get ready to reach for your wallet!

According to Booking.com we were to have free parking for the week and that wasn't the case. The hotel only offered one night of free parking. It was too late to cancel so we had to stay and pay to leave our car parked there. I would not have stayed there if I had known that ahead of time.

Good with exceptions
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Batch Tub - Mobility Access

It was a handicap room I requested when booking. However when we got to the hotel the room was a handicap room but only because it had hand rails in the tub and around the toilet. It is perhaps my fult for not explaining we needed a room with a shower that was wheelchair ready. This room had a tube without a seat. After checking in I requested a shower chair and the one they brought was way to large to fit in the tube. Additionally the sink and mirror in the bathroom was to high for a person in a wheelchair.

Liked the size of the room.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Didn't like getting a call from the desk that we were...

Didn't like getting a call from the desk that we were making to much noise in our room when all we were doing was talking and watching TV at 8pm in the evening. When we arrived we were told you didn't have parking for the week because you didn't have enough spaces. Come to find out it was because we booked through a 3rd party site. I called the hotel 2 times to ask and was never told it depends on who you book with. Very dissatisfied!!!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Satisfied with my stay.

I stayed here last year as well and it seemed like the room wasn't quite as nice as my previous trip. It was showing a little wear. But all in all a good stay

It was in a great location. It is very easy to get to the places I needed to go. The staff was friendly, very welcoming lobby with plenty of space to relax.The heated pool and spa were just what I needed on a very cold and windy day.also not knowing the city very well, I felt safe here.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Good place for overnight prior to early morning flight.

The wrong email address in the room booklet for sending stuff to the printer.

Close to the airport with a shuttle in the morning. Dropped off rental car after checking in and they picked us up at the car rental place.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Good overall, but could have been better! Staff was great!

Older hotel. Needs upgrading. Not as nice as other Hilton Garden Inns we've stayed at. Maid was knocking on our door at 8:00AM. Roofers started working at 8:00AM also. Not able to sleep in. We arrived at 2:30AM and needed the sleep.

Location, location, location!

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The bed was very comfortable.

This was an average room that looked like it should have been in an average hotel. The decor was outdated. There was nothing about this that made me say "I will choose this again next time."

The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Great staff but dissappointed with the facilities.

No bathroom exhaust fan caused mold in corners of bathroom. Cold water would not turn off without a hard push. Complimentary breakfast as advertised does not mean free.

Free coffee 24/7. Great staff. Prompt shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Hilton Garden Inn is our first choice when choosing a hotelbfor travel

Card key would not unlock exterior door & it was very cold

Loved the bed & the pillows were great! I would buy pillows like these for my home if I knew where you get them!

It was very clean and breakfast was great

It was very clean and breakfast was great

Beds comfortable.

N/a

Beds comfortable....pillows perfect!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Automatic $10.

Automatic $10.50 charge for “room service” when eating AT the restaurant. Carpets dirty and overall feel of worn down facilities

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

It was clean.

Never knew i had to pay for parking.

It was clean. And the staff was friendly.

The bed was comfortable

No towels and no shower curtain

The bed was comfortable

Fantastic
    • King Room - Allergy Friendly

Laundry DIY

Ambiance, customer service and all

Friendly staff, very comfortable clean spacious room.

Friendly staff, very comfortable clean spacious room.

Very nice room.

Very nice room. Clean and up to par hotel. Breakfast was excellent.

Everything!

Nothing. Excellent room & location.

Everything! The room was great.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I will never stay at a Hilton Garden Inn ever again!

everything

Every clean, comfortable and relaxing environment!

Every clean, comfortable and relaxing environment!!!

Staff was friendly and accommodating.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Batch Tub - Mobility Access

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Was a great place to stay.

Everything was nice.

Everything was nice.

It was a great stay.

It was a great stay.... the free shuttle was definitely a plus! I will stay again!!

Clean Room, Friendly Staff, Good Location....

Clean Room, Cost Efficient...

Wonderful hotel!

Clean, comfortable, quiet, pretty details and breakfast was very fresh! Shuttle within 3 mile radius was very helpful.

Cheap and acceptable

Picked hotel for pool, and it was very, very very cold A few Cracked floor tiles in the bathroom,

Cheap, decent size room

The location, convenience

That we had to pay for breakfast. I felt the money we paid should have it included

The location, convenience

The bed broke and fell on the floor

The bed fell on the floor