Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas 3 stars

24150 Park Sorrento, Calabasas, CA 91302, USA

#1 of 3 hotels in Calabasas

I would definitely recommend this location. You can enjoy nightlife without getting stuck in a car!

Best part - just a short walk away are the Commons, full of shopping, restaurants, great atmosphere. This was a huge bonus! We even got my daughter a new phone at Verizon with a short walk over!

• King Room with Whirlpool

I didnt like how I and my husband couldn’t sleep all night and all morning because of the room upstairs too much noice i called front desk and i didnt see or noticed any difference I would’ not stay here anymore ... dinner was not cooked right my ribs were frozen when i tryed eating them ... my stayed here so so poor.

I only like the area...

Had a great night stay at the Hilton Inn, no complaints, will come back if i am in the area
    • Evolution King Room

I like the location near the freeway exit and walking distance to the Commons They also serve coffee tea and water in the lobby, and a copy machine available, how convenient for us , we needed to get some documents copied.

The room was much too noisy between the construction work in...

Sorry check statement above

The room was much too noisy between the construction work in the parking lot and the exercise room next to my room. Also there was a very strong scent in the room the first day, fortunately the staff was very helpful offer to move me. I did not move assuming that all the rooms must have been impregnated with the same scent, the staff help me to open. The window. The staff was most helpful.

Nothing special. Good hotel for one night
    • Evolution King Room

I came to the hotel late night and administrator didn't find my reservation. But they fixed this probles quick and give me available room. It was crazy cold outside and we use heater. In 2 hours heater stoped and we felt smell like something burning. I called to administrator and he said that they will fix this problem as soon as possible. But in 30 minutes nobody come to me and didn't fix it. It was dangerous sleep in the room when something burning inside heater. At 2 AM I came down to lobby and ask to change a room.

Good hotel for one night. Nothing special. I visited more than hundreds hotels around USA and this one is a regular with nothing special. If you get good deal (no more that $170 per night) you can choose this hotel. But I will never pay regular price around $300 for a hotel like this

I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

I asked for late check out but staff failed to enter instructions into computer causing issue with check out time.

Great property, very clean and upscale. Very reasonably priced and great location close to shopping and restaurants.

Excellent accomodation.

Nothing at all to complain about.

Excellent accommodation. Just what we look for and expect with the Hilton chain. Located next to an active outdoor mall Calabasas Commons with several very good restaurants with comfortable outdoor patios. We liked Kings Seafood House where we ate fresh Alaskan Sockeye and Canadian oysters from PEI. A pleasant walk back to the hotel. Very large comfortable room.

I was completely disappointed.

Dirty, very dusty. Noisy. Room Service: Expensive cold hot food. Equipment didn't work. No cream for touted coffee maker. Either too cold or stuffy-to keep room comfortable required constant turning air conditioning on and off-no thermostat/ Restaurant is in the lobby. Not what I would expect for $259/night at a hilton

Nice sheets and plentiful towels. Good bed.

Seemed very much like a business hotel. Very modern and clean and no real character
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Room looked onto a roof and wall, small bar with basic restaurant, bit impersonal. When I politely mentioned the room view on check out, they didnt seem to impressed If you go there dont take a first floor room in the centre of the hotel as your view will be somewhat uninspiring

Close to the Calabasas centre, easy parking, secure, pleasant staff

We were there for our Grandson's Barmitzvah, and they...

Possibly, the Dining area for Breakfast could have been larger, and the pool, larger.

We were there for our Grandson's Barmitzvah, and they live in Calabasas, so the hotel was an ideal place for us to stay.

Did not use Business center but like that it is available.
    • Evolution King Room

Did not use Business center but like that it is available. Did not use wifi either this trip! Have another stay already booked. Has become my go to hotel each week when I am in town! This past trip I asked for a room at the end of a hallway and the staff member at the front desk (I wish I had caught his name) immediately found me one! That made me feel like my individual needs were important!

If your travels bring you through Calabasas California, the Hilton Gardens Inn is a must stay.
    • Evolution King Room

On check out day, I was not told my room key would expire. Having to use other means to keep room and exit doors open while loading my car.

Very clean room. In house restaurants food was Superb. Very courteous staff.

Hilton review
    • Evolution King Room

The coffee pot was super dirty on the inside. Ran hot water through it a couple times but it was still dirty.

Easy parking, liked the lobby amenities like water and coffee. Staff was very friendly

Enjoyed our stay.

ALL of the staff was extremely helpful and pleasant to have contact with. Any questions we had were answered to our utmost satisfaction and enthusiasm.

The Best!

Only thing is the airconditioner a bit loud when fan on.

I can't stay enough how great this hotel is. It's very clean, staff friendly, location great, room great, pool great, food great! What can I say, it's the best!

Not too good
    • Queen Room

Staff does not like booking.com or third party bookings. Gave us room far far away from elevator and they were painted on the food he put us on. He said you book with booking.com that is what you get (the bottom choices) they were not even full. He stated "with booking.com you get only selected rooms which are few, no changes and you have to be at the end of the hall, las room. I does not matter if we are completely empty that is a booking.com room. " he would not allow us to split payment either. Horrible experience

Good location ,great friendly staff with clean comfortable rooms

The cafe was a little pricey $5.00 for a side of mashed potatoes

The staff was great and so was the location for what my family and I were doing. We had a total of 6 of us with 3 rooms

I stayed at a suite that was cheaper and cleaner.
    • Queen Room

The coffee maker was dirty and needed to be cleaned. I ordered and paid for a salad, but when I opened the bag the salad was not included.

The beds were very comfortable and we slept good.

The location is great.

We were at a room on the ground floor next to the pool, it was a little bit noisy till 9:30, 10 pm. But it is just bad luck I guess as our room was right next to the pool. My only real concern was the carpet at this hotel. We were walking bare feet in the room and when going to the bath tube we left dark spots of dirt. There was also a damp spot on the carpet on the first day, right next to the fridge in which I stepped in. This carpet obviously needs to be thoroughly cleaned.

The location is great. I could not wish for better location to be with the 11 month old kid. The staff was very polite, helped us with extra information on the nearby activities. It was very convenient to have side door to go in and out instead of walking all the way to main entrance.

Great hotel in beautiful setting

Enjoyed the room, pool and the food delivered to our room was delicious. We stayed here because it is only 20 minutes from Malibu beach where we played all day. This was our first time staying here and were look forward to our next visit. Take advantage of the all you can eat breakfast served till 11 on weekends it's really good.

Beautiful

Great mistake.

Not correct location on Booking .com. Had to search to find. But well worth it.

This a great Hotel in a very convenient location. Great restaurant inside the hotel with some very impressive items on the menu. Great breakfast. I will be back. I liked this better than some of my other stays in the valley. Got here by all my usual stay spots were booked. Great mistake be me to being late making a reservation. I actually liked this more than my other hotels.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Great place

Friendly employees, cozy place to come to after a hard day at work! I loved my room...soft, fluffy pillows, soft mattress, easy to operate coffee maker, microwave and fridge...just lovely! Beautiful location too. Im coming back for sure!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Comfortable and throughly enjoyable.

Everything was lovely especially the young lady, Celine at the front desk. She was very professional, friendly and a joy to meet. The food was delicious and well priced.

The hotel was nice, with friendly staff.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Very disappointed in the malfunction of our room, after using the jet tub and getting out for over an hour the jets would not turn off after numerous attempts. We unfortunately could not sleep since the jets and the motor are so loud, causing us to call the hotel staff. After a service tech came out to assess the situation he was confused and did not know how to fix the problem. Good thing my girlfriend spoke Spanish or else I would've not been able to communicate with him since I don't speak Spanish and he didn't know English. After a lot of confusion the hotel decided to give us a new room, which was very inconvenient considering we were already settled in & had to move everything in the middle of the night. We had a big day the next afternoon and didn't get to sleep much cause of the situation. Other than the single discrepancy everything was nice and accommodating!

The hotel was nice, with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Happy experience !
    • Evolution King Room

Transportation. If the hotel could help with the shuttle bus to and from the airports, it will be great! Or help with Lyft or uber, then charge on the hotel bills!

All employees are very helpful!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The ease of walking to a lot of shopping and dining close by.

Small work out room and the temperature was too high. You get hot working out so starting off with a cool temperature helps.

The ease of walking to a lot of shopping and dining close by.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Very nice, comfortable, good quality, clean, recommended!

Felt the price was a bit high for what you got given other hotels (but it is the Los Angeles area so prices are high there anyway) but it was so nice and convenient and clean we would try to stay there again as a 1st choice.

Staff was attentive and nice. Room was nice. The free coffee and water downstairs by the fire place was welcoming and nice. We really liked the hotel for our purposes. It's been refurbished so there are some signs (mostly in the room bathrooms) that it's really an older facility but it will be our hotel of choice when we're in the area.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Started strong finished weak.

- Include breakfast! simply role it into the price. This was a basic hotel and as most basic hotels they do offer complimentary breakfast. 26$ for a couple scrambled eggs, toast and coffee really not worth it. - Make sure cleaning ladies don't knock on doors at 8:00 am to clean a room someone is in! they should know which rooms are vacant. - Don't allow house keeping to vacuum rooms at 8:30 am on Christmas morning. People are sleeping!!! (Merry Christmas!)

The room was average. The location was great. definitely not a 4 star, more like 2.5 given the overall experience.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Just the people, nice

The base to the bed is bigger and the mattress short, hurt my legs, badroom handle in the wrong place toilet paper very ship, the water of the zing smell terrible..etc. .

Just the people, nice

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Can't be beat!

Nothing--everything was great!

Lovely facility, large room; fridge, microwave and coffee maker in room; large counter in bathroom; good wifi; comfortable bed with multiple pillows of different firmness; friendly customer-oriented staff; Great location right next to a beautiful mall...great walking location. This is absolutely my first choice of where to stay in this area for a super price!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Father and son road trip revisiting Calabasas, California for 3 nights

It was all excellent and we have no suggestions for improvement!

The friendliness of the staff; the comfort of the room, especially the bed and fluffy pillows; the breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice; and finally we could get Starbucks Frappuccinos made in the hotel! There were some thoughtful touches for example in the foyer complimentary iced water flavoured with citrus fruit or coffee or several wines to taste. Excellent customer service and well done!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

I'm glad I am home!

Trying to wheel suitcases on dense carpeting is impossible and it's ugly too! Hotel could use an update and better description on your site. Did not know there was a refrigerator and Microwave in room.

Location is good being within walking distance of large shopping mall with restaurants, drug store, etc. Area seems safe for all ages and busy at all hours.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

A nice and relaxing weekend vacation.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

No ice machine on our floor so we had to have the staff get it from the kitchen, and the breakfast food was not very good. We did arrive at the end of the buffet time, so maybe it was better earlier, but when we got there it was cold. It's only four minutes from Sagebrush Cantina; that's where you want to go for brunch!

We had a great jetted bathtub in our awesome layout of a room, and there was a really relaxing pool and hot tub outside.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Staff theft

The staff charged my credit card after I had paid the room with another card. I had to go back to the hotel (a hour away) to clear up the problem of staff misuse and and theft re credit card abuse

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Asked for a top floor room and not given one.
    • Evolution King Room

Asked for a top floor room and not given one. Family above us weren't so Loud letting kids run around even after requests to be quiet. Lots of noises late at night and earlier morning. No sleep. I ask for top floor for a reason so no one is above us making noise.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Very pleasant stay!
    • Evolution King Room

Noise isolation in rooms.

Beautiful appearance of hotel, lots of parking spaces, fresh lemonade and cookies upon entry, breakfast-lunch-dinner - great selection and prices, big room, coffee and tea in room, fridge and micro, cute pool and minimart on premises.

Comfortable and safe
    • Queen Room

Breakfast options could of been more reasonable. A family of 5 was a bit pricey especially for children.

Location was great, close to stores, restaurants and attractions.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

We had a positive experience on our stay.

We were charged different prices for the exact same breakfast every morning. It sometimes varied by as much as ten dollars.

People were nice and friendley

Great breakfast, but construction work out the window...
    • Evolution King Room

Great breakfast, but construction work out the window awakened us.

Very nice

Comfortable bed

Lovely hotel in nice neighbourhood

Staff were very pleasant and helpful

Happy with our stay

Location Staff

All went well..
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

all good

I had been traveling all night and they let me check in early ( 11:00am) Also, no charge for parking was nice

Nice and clean place, very quiet.

The bed , I slept very well

Nice and clean place, very quiet.

The toilet kept running water and wouldn’t let me sleep due...

The toilet kept running water and wouldn’t let me sleep due to the noise from the toilet

Good stay could improve the cable service, and possibly given me my Hilton points.
    • Evolution King Room

Tv wasn't working cable was blurry

Nice relaxing area. Beautiful area to walk around and shopping a 2 minute walk from the hotel.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

You could hear the people above you when they walked. Which they are doing as I type this.

I love the spa tub

Overall it was good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access

The AC unit sounded like a freight train all night so it had to be turned off around 3am

Pleasant

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access

nothing.

The peaceful place.

There werw a few problem, TV was bad it had horizontal line,...
    • Evolution King Room

There werw a few problem, TV was bad it had horizontal line, showwr had some hair

Restaurant, flatbread pizza not very good and cook forgot...

Restaurant, flatbread pizza not very good and cook forgot 1/2 of our order. Waitress took too long to acknowledge the forgotten order.

noise

noise

Very good

I was guest of the day!

This hotel provided great service for a great value!

The decor could be updated for a more modern look and feel.

Excellent customer service!

I'll be back

Sheets were scratchy

Pillows! I want them at home

Loved this place!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Only thing I would add is a lighted makeup mirror in the bathroom

Friendly staff ✅ Comfy bed ✅ Great shower ✅ Awesome breakfast✅

Drinks prices

I'll stay here again when coming to Calabasas
    • Evolution King Room

Easy walk to the nearby shopping area with nice restaurants and shops to pass the time.

Awesome stay

Great atmosphere, very cosy, great restaurant, big...
    • Evolution King Room

Great atmosphere, very cosy, great restaurant, big comfortable room

Breakfast was delicious and service was excellent!

Breakfast was delicious and service was excellent!

Alot

No free breakfast Person upstairs noisy

Alot

Convenient hotel good quality/price

All the desk staff very helpful We will come back , great breakfast, room comfort , very happy about it

I didn't like me paying for 15 bucks for a breakfast.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

I didn't like me paying for 15 bucks for a breakfast. It was not worth 15 a person. It should have been $8 a person

We went for The Malibu Food & Wine festival.

We went for The Malibu Food & Wine festival. This hotel was a 10 minute walk to our destination.

Nice hotel
    • Queen Room

The air conditioning is too loud

Good hotel

Very pleasant place and location, lots of good restaurants...

Very pleasant place and location, lots of good restaurants are close to the hotel

wonderful ambience, great staff

the carpet seemed to have a slight odor

The pool was not open

The pool was not open

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Beautiful location within 5 minutes easy walk to the commons.
    • Evolution King Room

Beautiful location within 5 minutes easy walk to the commons.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

VERY CLEAN

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The hotel was good, enhanced our visit.

Uncomfortable bed....

Breakfast was good, location was great....

excellent place