Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown 3 stars

508 East Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA

#29 of 151 hotels in Charlotte

Wonderful and convenient to many locations!.

There wasn't anything we didn't like.

Everyone on staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly, skyline views beautiful, beds luxurious, TV huge, coffee delish and dining food tasty and healthy, right next to NASCAR Hall of Fame and minutes from hospital.

The bed felt like a dream.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The parking garage. It was a little cramped, glad I paid for valet.

The bed felt like a dream. Everything met my expectations. I slept late and had a late checkout so I missed breakfast.

Great place and lovely staff
    • Queen Room

The AC in the room was a bit noisy.

Nice and clean room with great views. Noah was excellent at check-in and he gave us good advice. Very welcoming and with a great smile.

I’d definitely recommend and return!!

The ramp in the parking garage is too tight and they need to get rid of the poles. I wish the pool were bigger and outside maybe. My bed cushion was not the best for me. I just wish it was smoother.

The staff was just wonderful here. Breakfast was outstanding, including the service. My housekeeper was a doll and so thorough. The front desk staff was on it. My room was very clean. I could not ask for better service, as it concerned the staff.

the bed and the tub was the best part!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

i didnt like the fact that i had to pay that 50$ fee and wasn't told about it until the last minute and it wasn't refunded to me until 10 days after my stay.

the bed and the tub was the best part! the staff were great and my overall stay was wonderful and my view was amazing! will be staying again

Anniversary weekend
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

Paying to park and breakfast was expensive and wasn't satisfied with pancakes or the potatoes

Bed was comfortable very close to nascar museum which we loved ,walking distance to lots of restaurants

Perfect start to an amazing vacation

Pillows

The lady at the front desk on the morning of the 24th allowed me to check in early after flying all night. The room was awesome I really enjoyed our stay.

The breakfast wasn’t included on my package and It wasn’t...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The breakfast wasn’t included on my package and It wasn’t property’s fault. It was an issue with booking.com. Thanks to Hilton’s Staff that They gave me a coupon for me and my family for this breakfast.

15th Wedding Anniversary
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

That we didn't choose to stay longer

Chase gave my husband and I two complimentary drink tickets and breakfast for our 15th wedding anniversary. I thought that was very sweet and thoughtful of him. The shuttle service was wonderful as well. We didn't want to drive through the congestion and the shuttle provided exactly what we needed.

Overall a great stay....some areas could improve as mentioned in survey.

No safe in the room...not convenient to leave valuables and money at the desk. Thought the room would have been more attractive for what we paid. It had a very "business" decor....not homey at all. Pool was small and chlorine was so strong it burned our eyes. Our family rented 3 rooms.

Location and staff. The desk clerk (Joey) that checked us in was the best. Don't know the names, but parking garage attendant and the maid on the 12th floor were equally as nice. Also great checkout time.

My first stay was not the best I probably will never stay there again
    • Queen Room

Having to pay to park at a hotel you staying at is crazy to me and paying 13.00 for breakfast at a hotel you already paid over 500 to stay at. I also did not like the fact I was never told about 50.00 being charged to me card on top of me already paying for the room which still has yet to be put back on my card

Staff was nice

Great stay in a convenient location with friendly and helpful staff.

The hotel was walking distance to the venue. The staff was very pleasant and even remembered our names when we went to the reception desk to get dining recommendations! Parking was adjacent to the building and was easy to access. Beware raised trucks, low ceilings!

Very disappointing
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

would have been better to have a clean bed and clean pillows and the jacuzzi tub wasn't clean and smelled awful we got up at 4:00a.m and left at 5:30a.m

Honestly nothing a much different location than the one at Rock hill we should have gone back there room clean and better looking this room had a bad odor and dirty pillows and sheets

Room was clean, bed comfortable, fridge and microwave in room
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access and Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The room I requested was supposed to be handicap accessible. The only thing that made it different than any other room was that it had grab bars in the bathroom around the toilet and in the bathtub. The area of the room and bathroom was not very accommodating for wheelchair access and maneuverability. An open shower would have been preferred to the standard tub.

Room was clean, bed comfortable, fridge and microwave in room

It was the best hotel ive stayed in.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

They spa tube was perfect. The breakfast was amazing . The location was perfect. Only thing i didnt like was i wanted a room on the lower level but got a room on the 11th floor but everything else was great. Also the ribs and mashed potatoes was so good. I will stay again.

Breakfast should be gifted
    • Queen Room

The fact that we pay as much as we do and I was still responsible for paying for breakfast when it should have been all inclusive. When having to pay separate for breakfast it only hinders the wait staff because it's literally taking money out of their pocket.

The location, staff and the breakfast were good.

Meet quality and expectation

1. The cantilever shelf supporting the microwave looks like it would fall off the wall! 2. The pic for a suite featured a kitchenette with a sink but ours doesn't. 3. Slow check-in - only one person working 4. The bathroom could have been more luxurious.

1. Fluffy bed 2. Easy checkout 3. Luggage service

Large spacious room for a great price! Lovely staff!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The only issue was there was a large red stain on our rug but I didn’t really care about that.

We loved our room, it was a suite with a living space and we got it for a great price! Guest services were very helpful when we needed extra blankets and a cot. And Joey at the front desk made me and my guests feel extremely welcome!

Great hotel & staff
    • Queen Room

The rate change was ridiculous for my last night. I was going to extend my stay until I discovered the ridiculous rate increase applied for Monday & Tuesday nights.

Great hotel & staff

It was peacfult and enjoyed.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

There is nothing I didn't like!

I loved that this places was so well managed. They met every expectations and they were so respectful and nice. This is the best hotel that I have been to ever, hospitality was phenomenal..

The visit was for a cheerleading competition. The property was within walking distance. 4 min. yay!!

the pool had so much chlorine in it that just sitting watching my kids play was burning my eyes.

although the request for a bigger room was not able to be met. The manager made sure to accommodate me in other ways.

The room and view of Uptown Charlotte was amazing.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The room and view of Uptown Charlotte was amazing. The front desk staff was very helpful and welcoming. And it was in great walking distance from everything.

Clean room with comfy bedding.

Thin walls with very noisy plumbing. Could hear everyone's toilets and sinks throughout the night. Strange that the bathroom light switch was outside the bathroom and so far from the door. Handheld shower head had good flow but I don't like to hold it and keeping it mounted puts the water flow very close to the wall.

Clean room with comfy bedding.

The property was just as shown. The staff were all so professional and friendly!
    • Queen Room

Lighting in the room was poor at best. Trying to put on makeup outside the bathroom (teenager hogged the bathroom) was impossible. Usually a hotel has a mirror over the table with a movable light source. Mirror by the door was not as easy to use.

Valet Chris was phenomenal!! He had suggestions for activities and treated us great!!

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and would definitely like too come again soon.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

There was no microwave in our room and the toilet whistled wherever flushed. Nevertheless, we were offered a free coupon for breakfast the next day for the inconvenience. I thought that was indeed thoughtful of the hotel to provide for this mishap in our room.

The bed was super comfy. I really enjoyed the helpfulness of the staff and shuttle service around the area. I would definitely recommend anyone in my family or friends to stay at this hotel.

Business weekend
    • Queen Room

Hotel was clean and modern, staff was very nice, and breakfast buffet with made to order omelets and french toast was delicious. Short walking distance to the Convention Center.

There was a fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making...
    • Queen Room

The pool was really small and had no natural lighting. The rooms felt a bit dated/not very luxurious. There was no real butter at breakfast - just vegetable spread. For the price, there are certainly better value options in Charlotte.

There was a fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The view of Charlotte from my room on the 14th floor was impressive. The hotel was quiet and the blinds kept out the sunlight so it was easy to sleep well at night.

This was the perfect place to stay for any occasion!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The location of this facility was amazing! We actually had a room on the 10th floor with a cull city view, Jacuzzi tub and a king size bed. These extra amenities, price and availability of the room is what made our anniversary experience fantastic and very memorable. We will definitely be back for a visit!

We will recommend your hotel and would certainly return.
    • Queen Room

We were unfamiliar with the property, so my husband dropped me off at the front door to register. If we had driven around the block we would have understood the parking and lobby access better.

Your personnel were so kind and helpful. The young man behind the desk and the shuttle driver were the icing on the cake. We love the facility, location, amenities and price. Wouldn't change a thing.

The location was well worth the stay.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The price!! And the room was entirely to cold upon arrival.

It was very good location for the reason that I came. I plan to stay here whenever I come to the Carolina Panther Games, if the price is decent enough. Nice quiet location. Food eatery close by.

The bed was not that comfortable and the pillows were...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The bed was not that comfortable and the pillows were extremely flat. The room was average. I think if they would come in and update the carpet and overall look of the room it would have been nicer.

Hilton Experience

Hotel dated, mildew in bathroom, valet person not available when called or outside at site, but able to retrieve vehicle through front desk

Convenience to conference center, good breakfast, midday lemonnade, tea, coffee cookies great!! Great view! Phenomenal customer service at front desk, early check in without an additional charge!!

The breakfast was delicious and the morning staff were...

The night shift manager should have stayed in bed and not come in. She was ridiculously s-l-o-w and devoid of any enthusiasm in performing the tasks necessary for me to check in; she clearly hated her job and made everyone feel it. The hotel, more importantly rooms need renovation, a facelift.

The breakfast was delicious and the morning staff were wonderful, and incredibly helpful and caring. The parking attendant was very considerate and help us navigate the tricky parking structure.

I Wil be back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The pay parking and the way to enter the building was a little on the weird side.

The bed was extremely comfy, the view I had was wonderful, and the staff(all) was very polite.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

False advertising at a nice hotel.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

When I booked my ticket in booking.com it said it came with breakfast included. When I checked out the staff member told me I was charged and she was unaware even after I showed my booking information. So the info I was given when purchasing my ticket was false advertisement.

Spa in the room.

Definitely Recommended
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The hotel location was perfect. Right off the interstate, and also near everything down town. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere under 3 miles for free and pick you up. That saved us an Uber ride or 2.

Vibrant Downtown Charlotte

Parking garage was confusing. No free breakfast but did purchase breakfast package at a large discount with Booking.com. Tea was not offered in the room, only coffee.

Convenience to my meeting. Easy access from 77/85. Great location to many venues.

The lobby was beautiful.
    • Queen Room

The parking structure is shared with the Hampton next door, we wasted time trying to check into the wrong hotel. The layout is very confusing.

The lobby was beautiful. The room was clean and it was quiet. Nice view of the Nascar museum across the street.

Great location for uptown Charlotte
    • Queen Room

WiFi cut out one night; we got it resolved with a call from IT. Travel from the elevated parking to the main building wasn't too convenient for those with luggage since it involved stairs outside.

The property is in a great location, directly across the street from the NASCAR Hall of Fame; it's close to many restaurants and the Little Sugar Creek Greenway.

Very nice hotel

Fitness center inadequate. Tiny indoor pool.

Very friendly and helpful staff - could not have been more helpful. Caroline, Chase and Noah at reception desk were super helpful. Great having Wall Street Journal available. Prompt room servicing. Complimentary coffee and tea available all day. Would definitely stay here again.

hot tub, breakfast
    • Queen Room

The ceiling in bathroom was chipping off, and there was no bath mat in tub which was very slippery in soft water. I fell in the shower because of this.

hot tub, breakfast

It was excellent
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

I didn't like that breakfast wasn't included it was $13.00 . We did run into an issue when we first arrived to check in , the first woman I talked to told me that my room wouldn't be ready until another hour which didn't make sense so 10 minutes later I went back up to the counter and spoke with a gentleman and he said my room has been ready and waiting for on us.

I loved the spa bath and the staff were friendly.

Not a happy person

Sorry 2 say. I will not be staying .@ this property again.i experience not being able to use my phone all the time and you have no drawers for putting your underwear socks and clothes.in Kohl's continue to drop throughout your building and room

Safe Hotel, Great Price, Right Downtown!

We liked everything!

This hotel is great and awesome for the price! It is walking distance to epicentre and the Spectrum center for games! It also has a shuttle that travels to these areas as well if it's cold out! Every door from the garage requires a room key to be entered for access and anyone coming into the hotel after 11 pm requires a wristband! This policy was strictly enforced and I felt very safe here!! The room was very nice and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Jr suites
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

I reserved a Jr suite because it had a jacuzzi bath tub and the jet would only work for approximately 5 minutes and quit. It was very disappointing to me.

The was great,staff was nice and it was very clean.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The room was nice and clean, very spacious, beds were...
    • Queen Room

The people next door was smoking weed/cigarettes and we could smell it in our room. We had to move rooms. This is NOT the hotels fault and they worked with us and got us to a different room.

The room was nice and clean, very spacious, beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Pricey for what you get.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

Pricey, for what I got we could have went 2 miles down the road and got the same room for $80 cheaper with free parking.

Inside was neat, nice presentation

Good breakfast; good bed.
    • Queen Room

Coffee in the room could have been nicer, but this is a small thing.

Facilities and breakfast are very good. Bed is comfortable, and we were upgraded to King room gratis.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I defiantly recommend this hotel!!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

Refrigerator didn't work in room

Everything from the spa tub to the view

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

A nice surprise

The size and appointments in the room. The quality and price of meals and the flexible check out time

No trash cans anywhere

No trash cans anywhere

All it was beautiful with a nice view, clean

All it was beautiful with a nice view, clean

We should stay again
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

I really loved the level of customer service given during our stay. We really appreciate it.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Location and Bed
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Parking

Location and Bed

Very convenient and perfect place to stay if you’re visiting...
    • Queen Room

Very convenient and perfect place to stay if you’re visiting Charlotte

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great experience and location. Be sure to check out the menu!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The sheets tend to felt damp due to the moisture in the room

The dining options were amazing!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Didn’t like the fact that it wouldn’t accept my debit card...
    • Queen Room

Didn’t like the fact that it wouldn’t accept my debit card but took $1 off my card a day before checking in

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The room was very clean and smelled amazing.

The room was very clean and smelled amazing. Check in was a breeze and staff was friendly. Would definitely recommend to others.

I liked the beds, covers towels.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

They put a double hold in my card and double charged me for valet

I liked the beds, covers towels. Comfy bed.

Everything was great they even gave me free parking for my...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Everything was great they even gave me free parking for my bf birthday . They are great I’ll be be booking again

Fitness facility was cramped and only one TV station worked...

Fitness facility was cramped and only one TV station worked on the machines. The bar only stayed open until 10 on Saturday night.

Amazing!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

No complaints. Everything was beautiful!!! Great place to stay..

EVERYTHING!!!

Nice staff, wonderful hospitality

Nice staff, wonderful hospitality

No free breakfast especially since we have to pay for parking

No free breakfast especially since we have to pay for parking

A waste of 200.00
    • Queen Room

Wasn’t at all cleaned like it should have been

When I checked out.

We were very satisfied
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

Parking rate; but not too bad compared to other facilities

Great choice!

Overall good stay
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

No free breakfast like it stated. When I arrived I received a different room than what I requested. But the changes were made ASAP.

Great hotel chain..enjoyable stay
    • Queen Room

Problems getting Wi-Fi to connect...parking fee

Friendly staff, cleanliness and comfort of the bed. Location

Couldn't ask for a better place to stay ❤
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was a little pricey.

It was very clean. All the staff were super nice. The location and view were amazing.

Very friendly staff.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The construction on the roof.

Very friendly staff.

Excellent will go back!!!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

I loved the spa tub in the room and the bed was really comfy. The staff was great. I lost my apple watch there and they found it in a timely matter.

The view

The view

Wonderful
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Staff very friendly. Gave information about events. Just wonderful.