Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga/Hamilton Place 3 stars

2343 Shallowford Village Drive, Tyner, Chattanooga, TN 37421, USA

#19 of 72 hotels in Chattanooga

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

Toilet ran all night vent was dirty there was a trip hazard in the room got up to use the bathroom and got my sock caught on a piece of carpet trim have pictures coffee maker did not work was told the room was$ 233-33 was charged $267

• King Room - Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

The breakfast was not complimentary.

The staff was fantastic because they were cheerful and helpful. The room exceeded my expectations because it was especially roomy but that was because it was for handicapped patrons.

No complaints

The breakfast is not free but it's affordable and taste great. They make fresh to order omelets and pancakes and nice variety of breakfast items. The beds are cozy and the whirlpool was very relaxing.

• Queen Suite Hearing Accessible with Roll-In Shower

There were no usb outlets in the room. The tv had bad burnt in images. The breakfast bar was continually out of food. The pool had no towels. The lamp outlets were loose and didn't make good connections. For the amount of money I spent, I expected more.

The food they had was good. The bed wasn't bad. Room was overall nice.

The internet price wasn't offered. I called both the hotel reservation and booking agencies and none of which gave the same rate as shown. The pool area and rooms could have been a little cleaner. The linens didn't smell very refreshing.

The location was very suitable for my trip. Access to an indoor pool was great. The staff were all very nice.

One comforter was stained , although it was swapped out immediately when we called about it. The curtains don’t close all the way, or even sort of, so the street lights and headlights from outside poured in all night, none of us could sleep. Booking.com had this property listed as having both free wi-fi and free breakfast, which was important traveling with a 10 and 3 y/o. But only the first night’s wi-fi was free and the breakfast was $12 a person. We felt misled.

Nothing special.

The pillows left a bit to be desired.

The staff was wonderful. Property was very clean. Breakfast buffet had several options. Great location to several chain restaurants.

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

We had a refundable charge for incidentals of $50.00 a day that was unexpected.This was not printed anywhere visible on the website or booking.com, therefore it kind of put a strain on our spending money, it would have been nice to know this ahead of time.

Love the whirlpool tub.

The TV in the room didn't work right away. Had to call the front desk for help.

The beds are comfortable but, you might want to ask for extra pillows!

The beds were super hard. I didn't sleep well at all. We found out at check in that because we used Expedia, that they would not honor our law enforcement discount. Had we reserved directly through the Hilton, we would have received it. I thought that was kinda poopy. The photos of the rooms online are misleading too. It was smaller than I expected.

The staff that I encountered was very friendly and accommodating. They were awesome at breakfast especially.

Couldn’t think of anything.

Friendliness of staff. Extremely impressed with breakfast setup, servers, price & variety. The food was excellent!!! Breakfast area extremely clean & organized just like the rest of the hotel. Enjoyed outdoor fireplace. Complimentary cookies/lemon water appreciated. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Location, cleanliness, space in room & convenient to attractions.

Beautiful entrance, front desk staff, accessibility near to places I was going. Bed, very comfortable!!

There was nothing I didn't like. This place is amazing, 100%!

The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The décor was fresh, new, awesome. Renovations were going on at the hotel and we hardly knew it!

• King Room - Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

I specifically booked a room that fits 3 people for two people, in the special requests I requested 2 seperate beds because it was myself and my male friend. When I went in and saw one bed it was awkward. It was annoying that I only booked that room because it would have two seperate beds.

The bed was uncomfortable and they tried to tell me my breakfast wasn't included even though it was included through booking.com.

The room was clean and the service was quick and friendly.

• Queen Suite Hearing Accessible with Roll-In Shower

The beds were so uncomfortable and the first impression of the room was a let down from the great impression we got when we walked in the lobby. The internet was slow. The faucet lever on the bathroom sink leaked water around it. You had to hold the toilet lever down until it was done flushing. The fitted sheet was inside out on the bed. Our view from the room was an electrical heating cooling unit on top of the roof which kept us up all night from turning on and off.

The lobby was very clean, open and inviting. It felt upscale.

I didn't like that I couldn't use my rewards points because I booked thru booking.com. that was my major let down as the trio goes.

I have stayed t this hotel for several years and it needs a facelift. That being said, I am returning to Chattanooga in the next month and will rebook at this hotel.

Location and staff are great.

No dislikes from this visit.

We enjoyed our stay. By far, the location was extremely clean and the hospitality, of the staff, was above reproach. We did not try the breakfast but the set up was very nice. We will be staying at this location whenever we visit Chattanooga.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

One evening another guest staying in the hotel had a large SUV and trailer . They parked horizontally and took up six parking spaces . We had to park in the space allotted for electric car charging .

Very clean and accommodating . Friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Hypoallergenic floors in the rooms is genius. Keeps germs and allergens down, unlike carpeting which harbors dirt, bugs, and alergens. Totally forward thinking.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Did not tell us about the extra 150 charge in case we use something in the room should not add that on in the beginning of stay, also the pool needs to be bigger for that size of hotel

The room was nice

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

fire alarm, only one server for many quests at breakfast and not having everything accessible esp like the eggs and bacon. the order was not done right, poor quality cheese in the omelets. Patio door left open keeping the area very cool for the dinning area for breakfast

Staff was friendly

• Queen Suite Hearing Accessible with Roll-In Shower

Waking up to the fire alarm at 6:45 A.M. on the first day of our vacation because the kitchen burnt bacon. High prices for the food or drinks from a machine. Slow wifi. The indoor pool was cold.

The pillows.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

They charge your card at 3pm even if you haven't checked in yet

Nice clean modern style hotel great restaurant and shopping centers less than a mile away great location easy access to the highway will definitely be staying again

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The front desk staff was far from welcoming. Each time we spoke, check in, check out there was no hospitality. No questions as to if we had a good stay or even a smile and have a great day.

We were able to check in early which was a positive.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Queen Suite Hearing Accessible with Roll-In Shower

The sheets were filled with hair as if they hadn't been changed from the previous visitors. Also, I was given a handicap room, which I didn't ask for. Finally, my bank account was charged a total of 3 times before it was resolved.

The staff was decent.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Everything great!!!

Room very nice and clean. Front desk staff very friendly and accommodating. Bed was very very comfy. Free Wi-Fi was a HUGE bonus traveling with young teen.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

Was upset that I had to pay for my breakfast. You'd think that after paying almost $800 for a room that the breakfast would be free, but apparently not.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The hotel was neat and very clean. We had no problems at all. The staff was accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The Pavilion area was a joke. We went down for breakfast at around 10 and there was tons of dirty tables and we waited forever for someone to take our order. The concept of how to order and obtain food is like a three ring circus. For dinner the shrimp Po boy sandwich we had to take apart and take tails off before we could eat them. Fries with garlic were great!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

EVERYTHING it was more than i expected. i gave my honey a surprise birthday getaway. I made reservationsfor the king size room with the whirlpool. Once we entered the room, it was more than what i expected. Both of us were so shocked,on the room and how romantic we both felt. Your front desk employees are the best. My honey had left his phone the room that we were in. When left the hotel he realized that his phone was missing. So, i called to let the front desk know that we were returning back to get his phone out of the room. When i returned back to the room the housekeeper had put it on the table when i got there. thank you for everything.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

I will just say as a manager I get the drama one can have in hospitality land. I had a issue and I was frustrated with how the young lady at the desk handled it. She was pleasant but not to knowledgeable and cut me off so she really couldn't help without understanding what I really needed help with. I suppose she did her best.

When I asked for a manager, Ian was right on it. So thanks Ian wether you understood or not you definitely made me feel u got it!!! The young lady could not verify the charges on the account for me I felt they were incidentals but I had 2 seperate reservations and wanted to make sure all the charges were correct. He had all the answers before I could even ask. That's refreshing

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Queen Suite Hearing Accessible with Roll-In Shower

I wish breakfast would have been included. Even if it was just a continental breakfast that would have been great. There were no quick service restaurants near by.

Our room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

To much noise. No free breakfast. Most other hotels have free breakfast. It was an ok stay. I would stay there again tho. It wasn't bad. Thank you

We didn't have eggs, the bed was ok.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

The breakfast was not included. $10.75 per plate. With a family of six, we passed and went to the Cracker Barrel down the street, where we were served the breakfast we wanted for much less.

The pool was a nice warm temperature. My family had the whole thing to ourselves, and it was the highlight of our trip.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Price still high for average person.

Very clean and comfortable! Staff very helpful and courteous! Would definitely stay again! Convenient to all destinations.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

I didn't like the fact that they wanted to charge me $10.95 for breakfast the next morning. I will stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites next time.

When I printed the itinerary from booking it gave me the wrong address

It was clean and comfortable

The room were below standard. The breakfast was not complementary. The air conditioner was very loud

The location was great

No vent in bathroom

Friendly staff

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

The staff and stay were Amazing. I wil definitely stay again - especially with Hotel honoring my military discount.

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

The breakfast was horrible.

The whirlpool room is amazing.

The beds where a little Frim

The rooms where clean and very nice and the staff was friendly

The beds were hard and very uncomfortable

Friendly and courteous staff. Great breakfast.

• Queen Suite Hearing Accessible with Roll-In Shower

no view from my room I booked online and I could not pick with or without

the staff was very helpful

Indoor pool was cold and breakfast was not complimentary

Room was nice and bed was comfortable

Having to pay over $10 per person for breakfast

Close to I 75, clean, and a good value

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

The breakfast was amazing! The staff answered all my questions and was very helpful.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

The staff was rude and the breakfast was too expensive.

My coworkers room was cancelled, that made a hassel.

Nice and clean hotel.

The water at the front desk

Staff was rude

Restraunt food was terrible cold no flavor over priced

Pool

Amenities and location

Wifi is free but seems to be unsafe,,,

Excellent breakfast, confrtable bed , quiet room.

Smell in the hallways

Convenience

An elegant looking property for the price

Is was my Anniversary and everything was clean and staff were very friendly

Wall thermostat

It was all good loved everything aboutit

I am disappointed because the television was in Spanish and the hot warmer was not working in Mg eoom

The location was great!! It was near everything!

The bed was magical! Loved the lemon water in the lobby.

Cobwebs in the room. Tv only in Spanish-front desk lady said it happened before. She had to switch out box.

Staff was friendly and helpful

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

Very clean, loved the tub.

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

The whirlpool tub was great!

The staff was excellent!

N/a

Ample parking easy on/off the interstate. Great room and wide selection of food at breakfast.

Bed was uncomfortable

The room was clean and housekeeping was great.

Loved everything

Very friendly staff

• 1 King Bed with Whirlpool

Room and linen smelled like cigarettes.