Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton 3 stars

501 Gateway Boulevard, Chesterton, IN 46304, USA

#1 of 5 hotels in Chesterton

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

Closeness to I80
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Desk clerk told me since I booked through Booking.com, he could not give me a hard copy if my receipt. But I told him no other hotel had told me that on my month long road trip. He finally gave me a copy after much Sighing and put out looks

Closeness to I80

Nice for the Price

nada

it was very nice for the price, would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.We went to the Dunes for the day, but also not far from South Bend, we did not use the pool.You can eat at the Hotel or there are a couple of other restaurants in the area, Bob Evans, AJ's Pizza (delicious) and Culvers within walking distance.

What a hidden gem
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in was easy. Location was great right off the toll road and super pizza place across the street to eat. Went to MI City outlet mall easy to drive too and the cost was $100 less than staying in MI City.

The place was pretty clean and i liked how light and updated...

The bed was miserably uncomfortable and I wish breakfast was free. We spent $122 on a one night stay and then realized breakfast wasn't included

The place was pretty clean and i liked how light and updated the inside was

The style throughout the hotel was very nice and the staff...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No fan in the bathroom, so when you take a shower everything becomes wet from condensation and not having a vanity mirror or sink outside of the bathroom.

The style throughout the hotel was very nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Hilton Gardens nails it!

The pool was too shallow. The hot tub jets were not working. Loud and obnoxious children.

The staff was excellent. The breakfast was fabulous as was the service. The fruit infused water at the entrance was very good.

It was relaxing.

When we arrived the hotel didn’t have my reservation and it was a little bit of a hassle. I had my confirmation email from booking.com and the hotel gave me the room I reserved at the price that was quoted.

The staff was accommodating and easy to find.

It was fine with the exception of room not being cleaned our 2nd day.

Bed wasn't made, and only a couple of towels left in room the next day. Room wasn't cleaned at all on day 2. Breakfast bar should be included in stay. Keurig didn't work in room, either.

The rooms were nice, but they didn't make our bed the next day, and only left 2 towels and 1 washcloth. They did bring more towels right away, but not making the bed really bothered me. The hotel is nice, and the outdoor tables were nice. It is located near everything the Dunes has to offer. It is newly renovated. They charge for the breakfast buffet which I thought was over priced and in poor taste.

Would never stay there again

The bed was horrible, near a train that was noisy and breakfast was the worst! To top it off we were kept up by a party on one of the patios until 2 am.

The place was clean and staff was great

Nice stay for an overnight getaway!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room we stayed in-102-needs a little tweaking. Our bathroom sink had a long jagged crack in it which needs to be addressed. The outlets (3) between the 2 beds were not working. The wi-fi was awful. Not working for some reason. Breakfast cost $10.50 for adults which is ridiculous especially when there is a family restaurant on site. I booked the room price which included the breakfast but it definitely wasn’t worth it.

Convenient to the highway, Speedway gas station and Al’s Pizza restaurant directly across the street. Bob Evans restaurant is on-site. The hotel sits on very nice property and is well maintained in the manner of the Hilton brand. We stayed in a double bed room and it was comfy. Big easy chair and flat screen TV. The bathroom was fully enclosed and the closet was a nice size with hangers on one side and shelves with pull out baskets for items on the other side. Bed was super comfortable!

Great hotel, very clean, welcoming and had good ambiance
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The beds were not as comfortable as I'm used to, but not bad

This hotel was very clean and neat, staff was very helpful and friendly. It was in a great location near the interstate. Loved the lobby and the whole effect was very inviting. Had a good breakfast as well. Would highly recommend this hotel!

I really enjoyed my stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Bath

The staff was very friendly and extremely polite. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, the food was great. The pool was the right temperature. My family and I was able to enjoy ourselves and relax they way we wanted.

Friendly Staff - Most uncomfortable bed

When I booked my room with Booking.com, I paid more money to be able to pay when I checked in. But the hotel still charged my card before I showed up, irregardless with me paying more to do this. The bed was so hard as a rock, even with using the dial on the softest setting. It made me wake up constantly and not get a good night's sleep.

Staff was friendly.

Planning on maki g the HGI our go to place to stay when we return.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Pool pump too noisy. Music in pool area too loud. Should have a guest controlled volume. Shelving in bath above toilet falling down. But we loved our stay. Pantry needs to display item prices. Also prices are high for items.

Housekeeping staff were excellent. Desk staff were most helpful.

Great Hotel For Your Money

The bed was a great size, but hard as a rock. My fiance and I woke up with back pain the next morning.

The hotel and our room was very clean - the staff was friendly. The overall experience is great and comfortable.

Staff was helpful.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Only thing I could complain about is there were unattended children in the pool area and when we called front desk to notify no parents were present they did nothing about it

Staff was helpful. Room was amazing

Need more staff fer breakfast, everything was out and had to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Need more staff fer breakfast, everything was out and had to wait fer coffee and milk fer cereal , everything was out and only one werked busting her butt to get all done

I was charged 30 dollars for i don't know what.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was charged 30 dollars for i don't know what. I was also charged on my credit card before I was booked in and couldn't pay cash and booking.com was 10 dollars higher than everyone else.

My wife and I liked how easy your facility was to locate off...

No problems

My wife and I liked how easy your facility was to locate off of the interstate. Very nice and clean property. We would stay they're again.

Crappy mattress for too much money

Mattress was a worn out hammock. Receptionist offered a free breakfast as compensation, but I didn't want a free breakfast. The satisfaction guarantee doesn't seem to be worth anything.

Room was spacious and modern.

Hotel overcharged me and was less than helpful in getting my money back!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel charged my bank account multiple times for the same stay, equating to nearly $600 in duplicate charges. While some charges were reversed after multiple conversations with staff, overall no one was really able to help me and I was forced to leave the hotel over paying by $122.08 with the promise the hotel would reverse the charge and it would "eventually" fall off my bank account! The mistake was blamed on my use of a third party booking agency to make my reservation. This was a poor excuse for the hotels incompetence. I've stayed at this property multiple times over the last 4 or 5 years and ALWAYS used a third party to make my reservations and this was the first time I had an issue. I don't care how nice the hotel is or its proximity to local attractions, I will not be staying here again!

Good location with proximity to the beaches along Lake Michigan as well as several unique little towns such as Michigan City and La Porte.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Nice location, but little charm

We paid a very high price for being threatened to be kicked out due to our 2 year old WALKING around in our room at 7am on a Monday. We paid just like the other guests, and to be told that we had a noise complaint just for a 30lb child walking is crazy. The construction at the the hotel made it difficult to get to our room as they closed the stairs AND elevator, so at one point we had no way to get to phones and whatnot because they closed the stairs and elevator after we had gone down to Bob Evans to eat breakfast. We could not use the gym because of construction. The pool was okay. We had ordered food one night, but after an hour got a call saying they had not prepared it yet due to staff shortage, so told them to forget it.

The gal at the front desk was nice at explaining something I didn't understand.

BEST place to stay in Chesterton, IN
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Add Tea Kurigs to the rooms.

We had to check in a day late because we couldn't use our debit card until Friday (payday). We was offered complimentary breakfast for 2 mornings to move the reservation to Friday. Mia the dining room supervisor was especially attentive and helpful. GREAT JOB Mia!!

The Bob Evans restuarant next door was wonderful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

The hotel was under construction and my daughter has asthma so it was hard for her to breath. I don't think I would had booked here if I knew that. The hotel would not let me pay the way I checked for third party payment and blamed it all on the third party booking. The hotel I just checked into allowed me to pay according to the way I booked it with a third party booking.

The Bob Evans restuarant next door was wonderful

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Nice stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I misread when I booked and thought there was free continental breakfast & for the price there should have been .

The room, the pool & the exercise room was clean :)

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Super convenient great stopover resting spot
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was not included - lots of food for $9.95 each but I can't eat that much in the morning. Really wish there'd been a continental option for lighter appetites. The pillows were also somewhat flat but maybe some people like them that way.

The breakfast server was so friendly and helpful and made is feel very welcome. Our room was very clean and nice. The common hallways and parking lot had a lot of debris from their remodeling in progress. Extremely convenient to interstate, straight off ramp to hotel and straight on ramp back again.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The mattress was so firm, it was as hard as a rock.

The mattress was so firm, it was as hard as a rock. Even turning the dial on the side of the mattress to the softest setting, it didn't do anything. For people like me where it's hard to sleep on rock hard mattresses, I didn't sleep well at all.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

nice location and great staff. thin walls and noisy.

you could hear everything in the halls and in the other rooms. It was so loud!

breakfast was not free but was very good. Wifi was free and just OK. staff was wonderful

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

Staff was so friendly and the beds were very comfortable!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was so friendly and the beds were very comfortable! I will definitely stay here again when I have business in the area.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

We will go there again. Location is great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping talking in the hallways a lot.

Yes it was very nice

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

It was ok. Safe
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom sink was cracked. Saturday night was very noisy. Sunday was ok. No breakfast

Desk staff was helpful

Clean facility.

Upcharge for everything. No complimentary breakfast.

Clean facility. Friendly staff.

the room was clean and comfortable except
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bath tub was kinda gross. Wasn’t very clean.

the room was clean and comfortable except

Bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable.

Bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable.

Very nice stay--will stay again
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

No vent fan in bathroom. TV remote finicky.

Comfortable room--convenient to other locations

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Quiet well kept

Quiet well kept

Excellany
    • Deluxe Double Room with Bath

I thought it was a little overpriced

Large spacious rooms. Very clean and relaxing.

We really liked the convenience factor being close to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We really liked the convenience factor being close to shopping and dining.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Clean, updated, great service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Hearing/Disability Access

Clean, updated, great service. Super comfy beds, hot shower..

Pleasant staff, clean room, close to beaches.

Pleasant staff, clean room, close to beaches.

Nice place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Helpful staff, nice rooms, great location

Average

The bed was AWFUL

The place was clean and quiet

Relaxing

I didn't know if they had complimentary breakfast or not.

Rooms were extra clean. Bed was comfortable.I loved our stay.

Ok for the price

The hot tub wasnt working

The hot tub wasnt working

Asked for a smoking room and didn't receive,

Asked for a smoking room and didn't receive,

Wonderful stay, would stay here again.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The lobby heater was broken when we arrived. It was cold. Staff handled this very well.

Clean, comfortable, beautifully decorated.

Comfy wonderful beds.

Alarm clock

Comfy wonderful beds. No backaches!!!

Hotel was okay. Not wonderful, but it was fairly clean and comfortable.

Dirty towel in room, and the room itself was humid upon arrival. The air just felt damp

Could not use my Hilton honors points because used booking.

Could not use my Hilton honors points because used booking.com

Good.

N/a

Friendliness and accomaditing.

Close to our destination
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Offer free wifi. Lower cost of breakfast.

Close to our destination

Highly Recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was very clean! Staff was friendly and more than willing to help with any needs. Breakfast buffet was a great value and clean.

Short but wonderful vacay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was amazing. The rooms were great and the beds were comfortable.

Top-notch place...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having to pay so much for breakfast.

Clean, comfortable, exactly what we needed after a week of air mattresses on our vacation

Beautiful hotel, convenient location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was not included. It would have cost me to eat there. This was not specified on your site.

Beer available without leaving property.

Beer available without leaving property. Nice updated decor. Close it Indiana Dunes

Comfortable accomodations
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Restaurant understaffed for breakfast.

Clean room & comfortable beds.

The Housekeeper walked in our room, without knocking, while...
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The Housekeeper walked in our room, without knocking, while my family and I were relaxing.

Adequate but not up to par for the price

Small room. No fan in the shower. Awkward door to the bathroom

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Bed was very comfortable.

Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The room was very spacious.

The pool was cold.

The room was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Well appointed and modern

Bed wasn't comfortable in any setting

Well appointed and modern

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

very clean but no comp breakfast

no breakfast comp

very clean but no comp breakfast

Was very clean and nice!

Was very clean and nice!

comfort stay for Indiana Dunes

It would have been better to offer a variety of food for breakfast!

Very comfortable with lobby space available for our rather...

Very comfortable with lobby space available for our rather large family to gather in the evening to visit. staff was friendly and kind

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

We will definitely be back when we visit our son at Valpo.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool area was closed for repairs

Staff were awesome we

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Good night sleep.

Food was great

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Good value for the quality right off turnpike

More appealing breakfast.

Room was clean and well appointed.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Staff was good

Heat not working in first room. Moved us to a room across the hall

Staff was good