Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport 3 stars

2930 South River Road, Des Plaines, IL 60018, USA

#1 of 6 hotels in Des Plaines

Had some issues with room key, however, they were resolved after I had to walk 3 times to front desk. I believe parking should be free for guests, especially guests who live in Illinois. We pay enough taxes in our state and major city (Chicago).

Egg omelet was a little dry, however, overall breakfast was great.

I had business to attend to while I was there and was unable to due to the business center pc's crashing every few minutes, the printer's were out ink and the staff were not able to replace the ink cartridges, I was given the excuse that maintenance was responsible and not available till the next day. The next day same situation. I ended up having to send my documents to the front desk staff email so they could print it. Never got my business done and only some of what I needed printed.

Rooms were clean and they provided premium bottles of Fiji water. The pool was very nice.

Unfriendly Check-in personal. Hotel Little bit outdated. No complimentary drinking water at room!

Very friendly staff at Bar. Nice pool area with Jacuzzi. Towels available. Free Shuttle to Airport every 20minutes!

Paying for parking is ridiculous. No proper cleaning of details. The menu had crumbs in it. Lampshade was dusty. Pool area was too hot, needed air circulating.

Very close to convention center.

I didn't like that our next door neighbor had a child crying all night screaming and yelling super loud!!!! Woke my kids up and wouldnt let us sleep !!!

- Breakfast - no fresh vegetables, and pancakes are from the same dough as waffles. No cheese. - Bus. centre: the computers are not updated,cant open many websites & turn off in 3 min without warning!

The rooms, pool area, restaurant, stuff - pretty much everything is great

I was really upset about the quality for the price. I felt like I paid a lot for a room that was relatively uncomfortable. The temperature never seemed consistent, the mattress was hard and the blanket was really thin. Also our bathroom fan didn't work. I was also really disappointed that I didn't know I'd be charged by day for parking after I had booked my room. I'm sorry to say, I was quite disappointed.

There was a lot of selection for the breakfast although I have had complimentary breakfasts with the same selection.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

Could not use stairs to get to 1st floor. Had to use elevator every time from 2nd to 1st floor. Poor building design.

Comfortable, large rooms with coffee/tea facilities. Nice on-site restaurant.

the charge for car parking is excessive. realistically there are only two ways of staying at the hotel, arrive by plane, or by car. this charge will discourage me from using the hotel again as I arrived by car. there are several other good hotels nearby which do not charge

the location of the hotel is good, and for an airport hotel its quiet with well insulated rooms

The fact that if you accept an upgrade with a 3rd party they would not HONOR it. Paying to park 16.00 a day in the hotel open parking lot???

We did not appreciate having to pay 16.00 a day to park on the property at all... We were not aware of that when booking and the front desk told us only $16.00 but never mentioned that was each day we thought total. Also BOOKING.COM OFFERED US A UPGRADE FOR A WHIRLPOOL ROOM AND WE ACCEPTED THAT SINCE THUS WAS OUR ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND. WHEN WE CHECKED IT THEY SAID WELL WE CANT HONOR ANYTHING 3RD PARTY???????? WHY ARE YOU GIVING PEOPLE UOGRADE OPTIONS AT ALL THEN? ALL IN ALL BAD EXPERIENCE WE WILL NEVER STAY AT THE HOTEL AGAIN ALSO MENTION TO PEOPLE WHEN BOOKING FOR THIS HOTEL ITS 16.00 A DAY ADDITIONAL TO PARK WHICH IS RIDICULOUS WHEN U PAY ENOUGH TO STAY IN THE HOTEL FOR NOT GOOD SERVICE... WE ALSO HAD TO TELL THE MAID 3 TIMES WE NEEDED KLEENEX N TOILET PAPER THERE WAS NO XTRA IN THE BATHROOM IT WAS HALF EMPTY.

Putting in security gates is a TOTAL JOKE!!!! I rate ur hotel without the security gates a 10 with the gates a 5 arriving it me 30 seconds to get in that's ok but asking at the desk how the gate system works .. it doesn't!!! Leaving the property every time I hit the help button to get out of the property to get in the property .... example ... Friday night at 10:30 pm one car at the arrival security gate then my car and then another car 3 cars and your backed up in the main road safety issue that can in time be a lawsuit. But the car in front of me was confused at how to get into the property due to the gate system.... long story short I took a ticket every time I arrived on the property ....hotel card didn't open the gate. Sunday and Monday the departure gate was in the open position. 16 dollars a day for parking???? Really???? Plz .. I stayed at this property before without the security gate system never a issue. Security cameras would be your answer if your worried about break inns . Casino is right down the street do they have gates??? No they don't .. Hyatt hotel the other side of the casino again no gates FREE PARKING. You have a great hotel in a great area don't be so greedy and destroy a great hotel with great staff. Quit being so corporate.... micro managing ....think about the paying customer making it a enjoyable vacation for the customer...... My trip and my stay was great but my downside of this vacation stay your parking system.....

Staff is great the property is great location is good to everything

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

I don't like: because I don't have little more time to stay longer in the hotel

I like the service, friendly staff, comfort of the hotel, the connection with the city and the airport-shuttle bus, kitchen etc. ..

The bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was extra helpful. I appreciated the staff's service and willingness to help. I was doing a lot of traveling in a very short period of time and they made the experience that much better! I would definitely stay here again!

The bathroom was clean but felt a little dingy. Otherwise, it was perfect for the one night stay.

Facilities were clean and the desk staff was very professional and helpful.

The exit signs in the parking lot were confusing. The signs pointed toward the delivery truck exit, bot for guests.

The staff was accommodating to my needs and it was the perfect location. I also like the family style table in the lobby for the breakfast options.

This hotel has a very friendly, helpful staff. The location was excellent...close to O'Hare, restaurants, and shopping. Parking is close to the doors. The hotel was extremely clean in the rooms and the facilities.

The staff at the hotel were fantastic. First of all the lady on reception helped us to get discounted parking for the week we were leaving the car. The lady who served us in the restaurant was also really friendly and welcoming.

It was amazingly quite. No hallway noise. No airport noise. No highway noise. No kids. They were also very helpful with questions at check in and check out.

The bed frame was a joke--it was on wheels! It was a metal $40 bed frame. If I am paying over $100/night for a room, I expect to have a solid bed.

The location was perfect if you're traveling to/from the airport--less than 5 minutes away.

A little bit old property, but still clean. Elevator floor wet on some occasions due to unscrupulous pool users..

Good location close to airport (but not too close), and close to Rosemont Premium Outlets Mall. Friendly staff and good value for money, with a very good breakfast selection.

The transfer from airport is horrible. I was flying for 10 hours and I wish to get to the hotel as soon as possible to get some rest upon arrival. This is why I booked an airport hotel in the first place. Unfortunately I was waiting for more than 1 hour, but no shuttle bus arrived. In the end I had to call them, and wait for another 20 minutes. But there is no where written in the instruction that I must call them upon arrival, which is also very unreasonable to expect from international guests. Meanwhile, shuttle buses from other hotels have at least already rotated 5,6 rounds while I was waiting. I so much wish I had booked a different hotel. To market it as an airport hotel, the shuttle bus service needs to be majorly improved.

Everything was ok.

We were very tired after a hectic week prior to arrival and did not get a chance to get out of the property at all. Took all our meals at the property restaurant. Food was great!

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The only concern is not your responsibility, but perhaps you can help. When trying to get to the airport, we saw the sign for 190W, with no mention of the airport. So we continued driving straight and ultimately went in to the Hilton on the left and asked for directions. My message is that the airport needs better signage to help those unfamiliar with the area reach it. Thank you. DO NOT use my name or location. Thank you.

The eggs were okay -- they were almost too moist for me. The bacon was excellent, well cooked, and not too greasy. The bed was comfortable; we liked having two chairs in the room!

Not affordable to return to same hotel. Over priced for a standard 2 queen bedroom suite overlooking the expressway.

Room was clean and we felt safe in the area. Price was high for what we got. 2 queen beds.

The shuttle service to O'Hare is one of the more valuable aspects of the property. The restaurant is great, the staff is friendly and the room is always comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The room next door had the worse tenants both nights. Kids trying to come through the lockout, and television blaring at 4:40 in the morning made our stay far less comfortable than it should have been.

The property was lovely with a friendly staff on hand

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

paying 16$ a night for parking seemed above and beyond the 249 room rate.

The room was spotless, our dinner in the restaurant was very good and the hostess was a delight! We will definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The breakfast was good at the restaurant but dinner options are limited.

Staff was very helpful. Beds were great. Had alot of channels on the tv. First time staying here and i would stay again.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Rooms are a bit small and the layout of the room doesn't make the best use of space. Also, the bottom sheet came off the mattress and the mattress itself was really disgustingly stained. Good thing we saw this on the day we checked out or we probably would have been too grossed out to stay.

The pool was great. The entire hotel was very well maintained and clean. One thing that I was not able to tell prior to book was the minimum depth of the pool... it is 3 ft, so it is a 3 ft to 5 ft pool. All the hotel staff were very nice and helpful.

• King Room - Disability Access

The parking entrance and exit was a disaster. You are gouging your guest by charging for parking. It should be free it's not like you are downtown. The exit signs lead you to a "truck exit" which is a non working exit. Very troublesome trying to use exit machines and card to get out of lot. Bring back FREE parking. Everything else was 100 per cent!!!

Loved the room and hotel personnel. very clean rooms. Liked the breakfast waitresses, she gave us a break on price for eating only pastries and coffee

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Pillows flat. Bed too soft. There seemed to be no restaurant per se. Just buffet style, tho is was staffed and had formal sit down and you had to order from a menu. And wait staff were very well dressed. Just way too fancy for us as casual travelers. We like happy smiling laugh out loud places. Not palace looking places with tin soldiers.

Just as accessible as all other Chicago area airport hotels

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The rooms are a little bit worn. They could certainly be updated. The room didn't have a clean "feel" to it even though it had been cleaned. I think it's just the choice of linens, furnishings, carpet, etc.

We had to stay in Chicago on a last minute airplane cancellation. Booking online was easy, the location was fantastic, we appreciated the airport shuttle, and the hotel had openings at the last minute. Our room was quiet despite being by the elevator.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Little noisy where my room was, but no way to help other travelers noise level.

Very clean and offered airport shuttle. Food in restaurant was very good.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

We had friends drop us off because I was not going to pay for 2 days of parking when we were there for 1 night. Parking rate kinda ridiculous and nobody knows how to use the gates, takes forever to get out.

breakfast buffet was great

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Not really any restaurants within walking distance:the hotel features it's own restaurant and the food was excellent but our only option without getting back in the car and driving somewhere. Not overly thrilled about the extra charge to park either, but it's Chicago and you pay to park just about everywhere

Staff was very friendly and courteous, room was clean and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

They are charging high rates for parking ($16.50/day, plus taxes) and they don't disclose that information when making the reservation. Also their wifi service is free for basic internet use only (emails, web browsing...)

The parking was not free

Had a issue at check-in but was very pleased with the staffs response to apologize for the inconvenience and take steps to make it right Exceeded my expectations!!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The location is OK, but is surrounded by busy streets which are not pedestrian friendly. However the proximity to the airport will be an advantage for many.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The shuttle bus should have a schedule because "the shuttles comes every twenty minutes" is not fun when it's 4am and you have to wait 19 minutes to the next bus.

The beds are comfy and the rooms are perfectly comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

We were only there for two days and the whole experience was very good.

The room was comfortable. I enjoyed being able to take a bath instead of a shower. The front desk personnel were very helpful when the computers weren't operating yet. I appreciated that! They offered to let me use their computer to obtain our boarding passes.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

See above

Friendly but uninformative staff. The self-park lot has had a new system. We had been before. For the final exit, the room key was needed to lift the gate. That should have been told to the guest at checkout(or check in). One of us had to return to the desk in order to exit. And we weren't the only ones; the line was held up as more that three cars had to do the same thing.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

There was a per day fee for parking, which wasn't disclosed when booking.

Great location near airport and River Casino. Well appointed rooms and lobby.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The staff was not very welcoming! The red haired lady barely looked up at me as I came up to her!

It was close to the airport. The room was pretty and clean. It's close to Rosemont as well as the convention center events such as comic con.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The pillow had a faint smell if someone else's head.

Clean, clean, Room clean, bed clean, bathroom clean, towels clean. As you can tell I like it when things are clean.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Loved this hotel. Well appointed rooms- mini kitchen area with frig, micro, dishwasher, coffee pot, dishes, etc..... Very comfy beds. Tasty free breakfast. Bright and cheery.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The hallways were very loud didn't stop until like 11 o'clock that was too soft for me I have a bad back so I need a little firmer not your fault again

The food was excellent the place was clean

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

I reserved 2 rooms at the same time and requested they be in close proximity. This was not taken into account, and staff mentioned they were unaware of request until I checked in, but by then hotel was full. Never will I stay here. One simple request and it was made far in advance!

Cleanliness and comfort

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

I was signed up for Hilton Honors...by the desk clerk...I filled out the form....she never confirmed

I liked the shuttle service to and from the airport and the restaurants and casino nearby

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

I didn't like the fact that it wasn't very clear that the breakfast wasn't covered and there was an extra charge that I didn't know about.

The bed and the shower were amazing

The hotel is good, not far from the airport and good shuttle service.

decent airport hotel. nothing wrong/nothing special

The hotel is so quiet for sleep well

Everything was very nice, I def will stay here again.

The bed was just super comfy. .

Very clean

• King Room - Mobility Accessible with Tub

The two front desk clerks that was terrible one at check in then another the next day

Would of scored better on staff but there was problems with two

Staff very attentive and helpful. Shuttle service to all airport terminals and subway terminal upon request for free

Wi-Fi doesn't actually work.

That the breakfast was expensive.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable . Like it was close to restaurants.

Food on restaurant

Nothing all is great

Very close to Airport, clean and confortable. Has inside restaurant.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

My booking included a meal deal. At check-in I was told that this property did not honor meal deals.

Nothing particular.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Paying a fee for parking,also paying for breakfast other cheap hotels have free breakfast included.

Everything was excellent

Clean comfortable, friendly staff, good food, very pleased

• King Room - Disability Access

Charge for parking, had to move to another competitor

It's OK. Close to airport

The staff is great. Very clean.

wish there had been free continental brkfst.

The upgraded room

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Room and the dinner and the bat

Dinner was excellent and the bar tender was good and great experience and good attitude

Really comfortable bed:-)

This HGI has a very nice breakfast buffet. It is also within easy walking distance of the Rivers Casino

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The staff was very friendly & helpful.

• King Room - Disability Access

The bed was very comfortable

The beds were very comfortable

Not really anything!

Modern look, room was very nice, plus, I stay @Hilton Garden Inn's quite often ...