Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Columbia 3 stars

3300 Vandiver Drive, Columbia, MO 65202, USA

#15 of 33 hotels in Columbia

Would never go back and probably will not be staying at any Hilton even being a Hilton Honors member

Front desk was horrible service. I kindly asked if I could have a late check-out only one hour and I was given an answer that everyone was checking out on Sunday so probably not. The maids would be very busy. Ridiculous as they were no where near being full on a Sunday and the rate I paid of $202 I would expect a better answer. Talk about price gauging because the nearby college was having graduation.

The breakfast employees were very nice and accommodating however, the front desk workers were always unhappy. When asked a question they would respond with a very negative attitude.

Facilities appeared nice and well kept up.

Was initially provided a smoking room which I was not advised of during check in. When I returned to the front desk, they were able to switch me to a non-smoking room.

Facilities appeared nice and well kept up. Location is a little out of the way in proximity to the Mizzou campus.

One of the best affordable hotels in Columbia yet
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I love free breakfast, the Hilton didn't have that. Breafast was $10 made to order. Which we didnt try. However, there is a Keurig coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge in the room so we made our own breakfast.

Bed was luxurious! Best ever. Plenty of t.v. channels. A Keurig coffee maker, microwave, and a mini fridge in our room. Hotel is just North of town, just off of Highway 70 and Highway 63. Within minutes of restaurants and retail yet there is absolutely no traffic around the hotel itself! We will be back next year, if we can get a good rate through bookings.com!!

For the Hilton name and price, was not very impressed.

The room was very small. The beds were only so-so. We did not get our breakfast vouchers. The bathroom was tiny. Towels were not picked up. Dirty along baseboards and ice bucket was not emptied of water. Waffle iron was cold and could not be used.

The fact that it was an easy trip to BHC. The desk clerk was fairly nice and helpful. Lobby was attractive.

Pleasant.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bathroom toilet ran intermittently all night. I reported it to desk in the morning; they promised to fix it for next guest.

Location, ease of access, checking were highlights.

The bed was pretty comfortable and I enjoyed the whirlpool...
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I did not like the location of my room because it was right beside the swimming pool and could hear other guests going to the swimming pool

The bed was pretty comfortable and I enjoyed the whirlpool tub in my room. Room service was very good also

I spent more money on a hotel thinking that my husband and I were going to have a nice time and it w

.... I needed to refreeze my ice pack but could not, your little mini fridge did not have a freezer like all the other ones do The bed was too firm couldn't sleep felt like I was sleeping on a rock the person in the room above us had stomach problems and was a very hard Walker boom boom boom to the bathroom every 10 minutes and after they would flush the toilet the toilet would run for 5 minutes. No complimentary breakfast so we got up took our stuff to the car and went to breakfast. Me having ulcerative colitis and a long drive ahead of us went back to the room knowing we didn't have to check out till noon and the maids already stripped the room no sheets on the bed no towels to wipe your hands on and I think what upset me the most was they say they wash the duvet covers and they do not . I asked to speak to a manager she was very polite but really have nothing to say. I told her how upset I was and she just kind of shrugged me off she did say that she could have the maids clean the room real quick that it would teach them a lesson.

?

I have marked this hotel off the list. Will never stay there again.

We were across the hall from pool & workout room and could hear everything as if our door was open. We could hear the water running next door every time someone took a shower. We could hear people talking as they walked down the hall. All this was going on till close to midnight. The bed wasn’t very comfortable and the pillows were horrible.

The room was nice and clean.

The bed was very comfortable and the reception staff was...

The on-site breakfast was fairly expensive and we had to wait for a table then waited for awhile for food that was not cooked the way we ordered it. The overall quality of the food was poor as well.

The bed was very comfortable and the reception staff was very nice.

Too noisy

Bed was firm. Bathroom had build up on faucets. For the price I think breakfast should be included. Hallways were noisy; you could hear all the doors slamming all night long. I left an item if clothing behind and they couldn't get in touch with housekeeping to see if it was found. Little effort was made.

Staff was friendly, food was good

Great place, especially at Booking.com,s

This is being picky because my back some times has issues, especially after being my feet all day, but the bed was a little uncomfortable. However, the bed was as nice or nicer than hotels I normally stay in at that price. I am just used to a different style mattress.

We stayed here for a wedding. We did not get until later, so not much time spent at the hotel. Everything was nice and clean and we had no issues. We got a great rate through Booking.com, and for the price we were extremely pleased. Did not eat here or use any facilities.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

I was sorry that we booked through you because we had a few...

2nd night's rate

I was sorry that we booked through you because we had a few issues with the hotel and they would have give us a discount on the second night. My car had broke down so we had to stay an extra night which was actually $40 more. they did give us a free breakfast but if we hadn't booked through you we probably could have got a discount on our bill. the hot tub was not functional which we both have a bad back and would have enjoyed the hot tub. One of the reasons we booked this hotel was

Great location and room for the value.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The sleep number bed did not operate well and was uncomfortable. Jacuzzi tub constantly shut off and back on. The TV remote was not for the TV (they recently replaced TV), staff was able to find a working remote after an hour.

The room included a jacuzzi tub and was laid out in room well. Room was updated and the overall facility was well kept. Good location to surrounding places.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

The consistency of Garden Inn layout for dining and casual...

Beds were old and had not been updates like other Garden Inn locations. Definitely not sleep number!

The consistency of Garden Inn layout for dining and casual seating.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Paying for the name

The pool area is very small, not much room for little ones & no restroom within the pool area. The lobby was 80 degrees both afternoons. They could've turned the air on so you could relax down there instead of having to be cooped up in your room where it was cooler. For the money you spend there, breakfast should be included in the price. They advertise breakfast, as many of their competitors do, but it's extra. You basically are paying for the name. There's quite a few others that are just as nice, if not nicer, that include breakfast & a better pool area for children.

Nice, clean. Large room & bathroom. the bed was very comfortable. The pillows & linens were very soft.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Not as happy as i would like
    • King Room - Disability Access

Complimentary breakfast would be nice. It would also be nice to be informed if booking through a third party company that your hotel does not charge until you check in

The cleanliness of the location.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The beds were comfy.

Late night cookies or snacks!

The beds were comfy. Loved the body pillow never had that in a hotel before. Love the warmth and homey feeling of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Value for cost

No option for early check in. Not enough staff at restaurant, especially during breakfast. Pool not opening til 9 am (kids are up very earlt).

Eggs and pancakes made to order at on site restaurant. Free coffee in am and free iced tea all day. Very friendly staff.

SMELLY
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I asked for a non smoking room...my room (416) smelled horrible! I was too tired to get another room and they were sold out. The desk clerk stated they did not have USB ports in rooms. Manager stated with "remodel" this would be updated......just saying....check your rooms...hotel had two USB ports on desk.

The beds are excellent. Clean shower. I LOVED the new bartender. She went out of her way to be professionally dressed, comfortable with people and spent time asking me my menu likes and dislikes. She needs a raise and KUDOS!!!

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Clean

Customer service-Michael at the front desk refused to give me a receipt and then hung up on me No umbrellas available at front desk No wine key available for guests

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Nice place, polite staff, but really screwed up and it cost me in my work.

Forgot to give me a package that was delivered to the hotel and was waiting for me. I checked out without it, flew home and then called them. They said sorry it was here, forgot to tell you..refused to pay for the shipping so I had to get someone to pick it up and send it. it will take 4 days, because it was Sat. I'm a Hilton Honors member, they really don't get it.

Slept really good

I couldn't load onto Wi-Fi

The whirlpool I really like.

Good
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The young lady who checked me in over charged me and it took several days before I got the overcharges taken care of.

everything

no complimentary breakfast

everything

Excellent service, good location, comfortable bed.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

A comfortable chair, aside from the desk chair would have been nice.

Great breakfast! Especially the waffles. Great service in the restaurant

Absolutely fantastic!

That I had to leave!

Best place I’ve ever stayed at. The staff was fantastic and the room was really clean. I will be staying here again very soon!

Hot tub

Clean and comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not included for silver Hilton members

Clean and comfortable. Good location

For the price, it was ok.

Our room smelled smoky, no free breakfasts

Comfortable beds, friendly staff, nice lobby, quiet, great shower, nice bathroom, clean

Just what we needed for the night.

Very soft towels! Adjustable comfort setting on the beds!

Staff was very friendly and it was a clean facility.

The pillows were too soft for my liking. I wasnt able to get comfortable because of that

Staff was very friendly and it was a clean facility.

Solar eclipse

Easy drive to school univ of Missouri campus

I'd stay again.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The carpet looked and felt like it needed replaced.

Easy to get to everything we had to go to without going through a bunch of traffic.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The pool was not clean and they took all the outside sitting...

The pool was not clean and they took all the outside sitting area away so you couldn't sit out side

Great Garden Inn

Food was really awesome and the staff was exceptional!

Beautiful room and very clean.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Beautiful room and very clean. Staff extremely helpful. Will definitely recommend!!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

will stay again

the bed could have been a little better but i did sleep fine

the location,very clean, staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Conveinient, for the short stay

Cieling light bulb was blown

The eggs could have been replaced

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Great location for Columbia stay!!!! I

Very clean. Nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Very nice hotel

A few stains on the carpet.

Very clean bathroom. Beds were softer than most hotels. Very nice staff. Very accomodating.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Great property to stay yet water was too soft for us

Water in the hotel is very soft.

convenient to the locations we were visiting.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Clean friendly

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Awesome stay
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We could hear the guy upstairs running his tub in the middle of the night

Food was excellent

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Bed, pillows, scratchy sheets and food not up to quality of Hilton name
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Quality of the food. I got a $15 burger that wasn't worth more than $3. Over medium eggs were over easy and too runny.

Dining available

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

The room with flies!
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We had flies in the room. Which weren't a problem until we to bed.

The look was amazing!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

excellent accommodation?
    • King Room - Disability Access

Slept well. Quiet. Charge for breakfast, but was upscale.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Keep on driving!!!

See above a nd the waitress/service was extremely slow.

The sheets were dirty and the bed coverlet also!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

It was great.

Bed felt great, room clean, staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

the thermostat in the room worked well.

I had to give my card twice to the desk...? once at check in and again later in the evening

the thermostat in the room worked well.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Water and cookie on lobby.

The sheets seemed like the had been previously used.the pillows were limp and seemed old.

Water and cookie on lobby. Did not seem geared to tourists.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Very quiet, comfy bed, very clean

Housekeeping knocked on our door to clean at 830 am. Just wish their communication better with their staff when people are checked out so they don't wake up the guests.

Very quiet, comfy bed, very clean

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

Courteous and prompt staff.

Had to move due to smoky room. 2nd room had lock issues. Door wouldn't latch, from the outside. Staff was quick to respond, but unable to remedy. Not an issue once inside the room because of the additional inside lock. Just made the room unsecured once we left.

Courteous and prompt staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Location was good and everyone was friendly.

For the price we didn't feel like we had anything better then a 120.00 hotel. The TV was not HD. Room was pretty small and no continental breakfast. Could have received a lot more for the price at another hotel.

Location was good and everyone was friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

This hotel was cheaper than some others but met all of our...

The restaurant was not well stocked and was somewhat overpriced, but the staff were friendly and as accommodating as possible.

This hotel was cheaper than some others but met all of our needs very well. We just needed a nice, clean and comfortable room for one night and were very happy with the accommodations!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

Great helpful staff.

The bed was older and mattress was saggy.

Great helpful staff. Wonderful convenient location. Always quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Beds were comfy.

Seems off the beaten path, but very nice

Beds were comfy...staff were super nice

• Reviewed: 11 March 2016

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

the staff the comfort of the room

the staff the comfort of the room

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Outside door inoperable.

Outside door inoperable. Had to use alternate entrance

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.