Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Columbus 3 stars

1500 Bradley Lake Boulevard, Columbus, GA 31904, USA

#13 of 41 hotels in Columbus

Not great for 1st stay. Right thing to do because of fire alarm offer 1 equal free night!!!!!

$119.00 for one night (to much). Asked for a 1:30pm early check in, did not happen. At 1:30am Fire alarm went off, everyone evacuated, false alarm I guess, no hotel staff let you know? Could not get back to sleep after that, left at 8:30am, earlier that what I wanted. Not great for 1st stay

Bed comfortable.

Honest Opinion

The was a wedding during my stay which caused a large amount of parking spaces to be occupied. Kind of frustrated me a little after getting off and having to park a great distance away from the hotel. That didn't take away from the service or comfort of the hotel. It would be great if there were a way to receive notifications of major events being held at the location so that occupying guests are aware and can plan for it. Just a suggestion.

The location was great for me. Being close to the Express way and out of the way from constant traffic made it a perfect location. The breakfast and dinner was priced accordingly although the bar didn't have a huge selection of drinks, it was still good enough to enjoy. The guest room was typical of others but the bedding was awesome! The pillows were soft and the mattress was very comfortable. I had two nights of great sleep with no outside noise and woke up feeling great. The location is close to many restaurants and most attractions are around 15 - 20 minutes away depending on the activity. That was a plus for me not being familiar with the area. Overall, I would stay there again if I'm ever back in the area.

Horrible!
    • Queen Room

Easier to say what I liked. The location was great and the food was good.

I was very displeased with the room. It was damp and humid no matter what you put the air setting on. Keys to the room stopped working several times. Was left to walk all the way around the building several times in the rain to get into the building and get a new key. We dined in the on site restaurant during our stay. There are no words to describe our last dining experience other than it would have been best for them to just not offer the service. The food was great the service was absolutely horrid. At one point after waiting so long for a drink my wife got up and got some of the complimentary water in the welcome area. When we asked for drinks from the server it was like she was shocked that we asked. We than waited waited. She had already taken our order and our food had started cooking or we would have just left. Our food was not brought out at the same time. I could really go on and on about our experience. We do not plan to return in the future.

Good except for breakfast issues.
    • Queen Room

In my opinion the property was guilty of false advertising...nowhere in the advertising did it say clearly and obviously there was no complimentary breakfast. This is so common today that the advertising should have said that. The information in the room implied that up to 4 breakfast were provided with the room (2 adults and 2 children). The facility wanted $10.98 for breakfast. The manager offered to knock off $5 on each breakfast. The carpets looked like they needed vacuuming and there were stains on the bedspreads - it appeared as if someone had put their luggage on the bed and caused black stains.

Check in was quick and efficient. Large fluffy pillows were good as I had a cold and needed to sit upright at night.

The facilities were great. The staff and communication was not very good.

Reception clerk was not friendly or very helpful. They charged my credit card an extra $25 a day without telling me. When they cleaned the room they took the old towels but did not leave any replacements.

Great stay!
    • Queen Room

We were greeted by a beautiful smiling face at the front desk! She was so nice. There was a wedding ceremony about to start and the set up was beautiful. Our room was clean! After a long 4 hour drive, our concert and partying all night I don’t think there could have been a more comfortable bed to sleep in!

Perfect in every way we needed.

The wifi was VERY slow to connect and I had little patience — unfortunate combination.

We want to know, seriously, where the beds came from. We had a king and it was the perfect connection of comfort and firmness!!

It was an all around excellent long weekend!

The ice maker on 3rd floor did not have a shelf to place the bucket for collecting ice when using the machine. Not much else to dislike!

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Parking was easy. Discount on breakfast was a nice perk. It was a delightful place to have a group come to stay and be able to meet up. Easy access to all destinations for the weekend. When I visit Columbus, this is my first choice for a place to stay. Thank you.

Would Love To Stay Again!

Not Much to dislike!

Staff was very friendly, always available if needed. Smiling every time we seen them no matter the hours of the night!!! Room was clean and ready for us each day! Beautiful location!

Beautiful hotel outside of downtown Columbus but close to highway.
    • Queen Room

Coffee maker in room not working and 1 light in bathroom would intermittently turn on and off. Indoor pool was pretty cool and whirlpool very hot -- ended passing up both.

Very nice staff and beautiful contemporary lobby. View of lake was wonderful! Bedding and pillows were sumptuous. Easy check-in and very nice breakfast buffet with helpful cooks/staff. This hotel is not downtown, but is in a very quiet area close to the highway. About 15 minutes to the riverfront. We recommend and would come back again!

Nice facility but rooms need to be updated.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

The rooms were very dated and didn’t match the rest of the facility. Food was expensive.

Location. Facility from outside looked new and upscale. Onsite restaurant was a benefit.

Staff was very polite and helpful.

I am a smoker who hates smoking rooms but an area covered outside would of been nice.

Staff was very polite and helpful. Room and bathroom were very clean!

The bed was so soft like a cloud and the pool and gym were...
    • Queen Room

Do not book through a 3rd party site. We were told that our breakfast was included and paid extra for it, but we didn’t actually get it. It was a scam.

The bed was so soft like a cloud and the pool and gym were great. Would definitely stay again!

Went for my son’s graduation from basic training for the Army!
    • Queen Room

Key cards never worked!! Had to be reprogrammed several times a day!!! Very unhappy with that!!!

Rainy at the Hilton Garden Inn in Columbus Georgia, is an excellent employee! He is an asset to your company!! He goes out of his way to be helpful!!! Kudos to you, Rainy!!!!

All in all, I really like the hotel and will stay here every visit I make to Columbus.
    • Queen Room

After sleeping on the first night we left in the morning and got back fairly late. When we entered the room, the beds were not made, the trash had been taken out and we had new towels, but the beds were not made. Confusing

I loved my room (right across from the pool) and the Lake is beautiful.

This was our second stay in this hotel. I liked our quiet room facing the pond.
    • Queen Room

No fresh fruits for breakfast, and coffee was weak.

Breakfast was good with hot and cold selections. The room was clean, beds comfortable. Clean towels were plentiful. Staff is friendly and helpful. Coffee/tea maker in the room came in handy. Parking was free. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool, and the free cookies in the lobby. There's shopping and a few restaurants not far from hotel.

Will not come back to this hotel.
    • King Junior Suite

Horrible odor in room. (They tried to fix this). Loud party below us til 12:30 a. m. Bed slopped on both sides. Uncomfortable pillows. Toilet handle would not work right. A/C aimed right at heads.

Pool. Hot tub. Staff did try to fix one of the four issues.

Price didn't reflect cleanliness
    • Queen Room

There was no free breakfast. General interior cleanliness was lacking. Our shower head had mold on it.

Nice lobby, exterior, and the beds were pretty good.

Hidden Gem

The hairdryer needed to be updated, but that was very minor

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable. The setting is beautiful and quiet.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Had a great family (one of us graduating from Fort Benning Basic Training) get together !!!

All was ok otherwise.

The ladies who take care of the lobby and breakfast area are great!! They made sure our whole family (15) were comfortable and had cookies when they were available. Very friendly and cordial ladies !!

Unsatisfactory Accommodations - not what I would expect from a Hilton
    • Queen Room

At time of check in person on duty acted like we interrupted him by having to check us in. This location could use some updates The most offensive thing was the bathroom smelled like urine. On further inspection the next day when we were checking out anyway we saw the reason the bathroom smelled. Behind the toilet there was urine on the wall. The bathroom door at bottom also appeared to have urine stains as well as dust. There was also a pubic hair on the ceiling We will never stay there again

Bed was comfortable

Nice hotel

The food could be better..it just was not advertising as i thought it woukd be...did not eat breakfast....i think if you gonna pay over 100 dollars for a room...at least the bed be more comfortable are you should be able to accommodate your guest if possible...the food should be full course breakfast....the desk would not accommodate me cause they claim they were full...but um sure they still could of offered me a discount r SOMETHING....but tge room was just basic...i was just expecting more in the room as well..dont get me wrong the hotel itself is very nice...clean....but the room just basic....no couch...i thought they would have...i may not stay there no time soon....but it was alrt...

The hotel itself was very nice and clean...staff were friendly....easy to get to...they are close around stores and restaurants easy access.....

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Considering booking messed up my first hotel reservation.
    • Queen Room

My shower got clogged.and no one came to fix.

Considering booking messed up my first hotel reservation.when I walked in the staff was so friendly with made me like everything at that point.

Not a pleasant weekend getaway
    • Queen Room

Had no iron The A.C froze up, in order to get some cool air, we had to open the window Other guess was smoking in their room and the smoke was coming into mine, I have a asthmatic son. Complained several times.

Very nice but pool was lacking
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

The indoor pool, which was the main reason we chose this hotel, was freezing and to say the fumes of chlorine in the pool/spa area were strong would be like saying kittens are only a little cute. Within 30 seconds we couldn't even open our eyes from the burning and it felt like inhaling straight bleach. It was disappointing not to be able to enjoy the one thing we came there for.

It was a very nice, clean, comfortable property with nice outdoor spaces and plenty of amenities and a quiet location. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Little pricey to be so outdated.
    • King Junior Suite

The rooms are a little outdated. You don't get the same luxurious look as you do in the lobby. The pictures online definitely look way better than the room actually does in person. The phones are old and were not working. I had to use my cellphone to call down to the front desk.

The lobby is beautiful. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. It is very quiet and peaceful.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Military stay!!!!

The price! For the amount of money paid you would think that the bathroom fixtures would not be loose! Or that the Christmas party they was having downstairs I would not hear the music in my room like I was next door to the noise.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

GREAT EXPERIENCE! 10-15 Minutes from Fort Benning and the NIM, all highway driving!
    • Queen Room

My family flew in from 3 different states to watch my son Graduate from Fort Benning. The location was 10-15 minutes away from the base but all highway driving. The staff was fantastic! Very friendly! The grounds were beautiful and the lake made for a perfect background for our family pictures. Overall Wonderful experience. If you plan on visiting Fort Benning this hotel will definitely help to make your trip a good one! Cant say enough about the staff, from Adrian at the bar to housekeeping! All were very friendly! :)

Great Family Getawaypop

Very clean and secluded

Nice stay
    • King Junior Suite

Really nothing to not like.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful

It's a great place in a very picturesque setting.

The air conditioner was very noisy and didn't cool the room at all

It's a great place in a very picturesque setting.

Room smelled like cigarette smoke.

Room smelled like cigarette smoke.

The hotel grounds and scenery were very nice

The location of the restaurant in the hotel

The bed & pillows were very comfortable

Very enjoyable and comfortable rest on road trip.

The bed was very comfortable. Right in keeping with Hilton quality mattress. Very well maintained property. Pretty setting next to lake.

The lake behind the building.
    • King Junior Suite

Luggage cart was hard to find.

The lake behind the building.

3.5
    Poor service

happy

na

staff

Great stay but not the best stay.
    • Queen Room

Room service left off all the condiments for my meal :((

Love the setting on the water..Beautiful!

The staff was great.

No complaints

The staff was great. Rooms clean.

Incredible
    • Queen Room

I loved that I was there at a special time and got a chance to meet some celebrities that I was there to see in concert at the Hotel!

Great place

I liked everything

I love Hilton

The pool

The pool

Very friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

Communication for breakfast. We had a party of 5 and the voucher only covered 2 people.

Very friendly staff.

• King Junior Suite

The staff was excellent, I can say that I think the...
    • Queen Room

The staff was excellent, I can say that I think the employees like working there. It was a great environment to stay in.

$4 dollar water

$4 dollar water

dirty room and did not even clean room one day.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

dirty room and did not even clean room one day. Very poor service and rude employees

The whole area was like being outside of a city,the pond was...

The elevators we extremely warm

The whole area was like being outside of a city,the pond was the best feature, and overall the staff were awesome

• Queen Room

The view of the pond. It was very clean. The staff was curious

Good stay.

A/C was troublesome. Too warm and couldn't regulate.

Bed was comfortable.

Nice and quiet! Off the main roads

N/Anice

It was off the main road and lived the lake

Everyone very friendly and helpful

Everyone very friendly and helpful

Safe location to stay

Voss water cost $4 no complimentary anything after 10o'clock

Safe environment

I wasn't to pleased at all.

Staff

When it time to check out

Air-conditioner could haveWork little bit better

Air-conditioner could haveWork little bit better

Highly recommended

Great location in lovely grounds

Landscaping/location

No Continental breakfast

Landscaping/location

Bed was very comfortable, loved the location, staff was very...
    • Queen Room

Floors in the elevator were sticky

Bed was very comfortable, loved the location, staff was very friendly and helpful

Bed

Bed

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

So-so.
    • Queen Room

The grilled salmon was dry.

Very basic breakfast for $10.95 per person, and $6.95 for kids 10 and under.

Comfort zone
    • King Junior Suite

It didn't have the whirlpool in the room like it showed on the picture

Comfort zone

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Excellent customer service and location !
    • King Junior Suite

Room was NOT what Bookings.com showed.

Hotel was excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Location and view from hotel
    • Queen Room

Saw ants around room entrance door

Location and view from hotel Entrance and lobby Vicinity to stores and restaurants

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Friendly
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We felt very welcome to the point that we said something to management before we left.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The staff was exelent and professional.

Breakfest was $25

The staff was exelent and professional. The facilitie was gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Nice stay in Columbus

Chose Hilton because beds are so nice but not here. No pillow top disappointed by this hotel

Clean and quiet

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Nice hotel. I enjoyed my stay.

Having to pay an additional $10.00 fee for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Outstanding

I couldn't stay longer

I would like a firmer mattress I'm sorta a big guy so I would get lost in the memory foam

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

The long wait

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

They should offer free continental breakfast, it cost $10.

They should offer free continental breakfast, it cost $10.

Great Stay

Mattress was soft

Was well run.Clean.Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Comfortable spacious room and good bathroom.
    • Queen Room

Comfortable spacious room and good bathroom.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

Location area was very nice.

Three attempts to get working key. Inconvienent parking. Poor breakfast, which was paid for. Desk staff seemed to be irrated being asked for assistance.

Location area was very nice.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

Really enjoyed our room once they figured out which room we...

We waited for a room to get cleaned that was not the room we booked we booked a suit with a in suite spa tub and I mentioned it was the wrong room we had a suite with a spa tub and the woman at the front desk said she needed to try and see if a room was available with those specifications and I was like I booked one so their really should be. She blamed booking for offering rooms they didn't have but quite frankly we got the room we booked after jumping though a few hoops.. WORST part was at 9 am three hours before checkout we had maid service knock on our door seeing if we were ready to check out and if she could clean our room... WAS NOT thrilled... Not the quietest hotel I have ever been to there was a wedding going on but people right outside our door yelling good mornings at 620 made for a kind of awful nights sleep need some sound barriers or maybe Im just a light sleeper.

Really enjoyed our room once they figured out which room we actually booked.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

The service was impeccable.

More attention to the fact that I was sleeping in a bed that could've been more comfortable had I known it was a sleep number

The service was impeccable.

There are also 67 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.