Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Corpus Christi 3 stars

6717 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412, USA

#30 of 73 hotels in Corpus Christi

• Queen Room

The treatment of the bartender was unprofessional. I received a charge on the room statement that I never billed to my room. I never gave her my room #. The front desk was unsure so they gave the phone to the bartender. She immediately is defensive and cannot account why it is on my room bill when I paid with my bank card. I mentioned that I paid for drinks at the bar and my father did as well and she held his card for the sake of jogging her memory. She then states, “I didn’t even have to give him his card back”. I sent an email to the manager regarding the matter and he never responded. She was rude to several guests and they ended up making a mess. My mom and I helped pick up the lobby for the front desk. Bartenders are known for that type of attitude in a bar or club scene, not a hotel. It was a decent stay until I got home and noticed the bill was on my room. The desk needs to be able to account for room charges and not give the phone to an employee that is unprofessional. I paid for two rooms, the amount I would’ve spent for a nice condo and that’s the treatment the hotel provided.

There wasn't much I didn't like, overall it was a great experience

The staff and room was excellent. The restaurant food was outstanding. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant stay. I really liked the nice smoking patio. I understand the need to have a smoke free hotel, but too many hotels do not allow for their guests to sit and have a pleasant smoke at the end of the day. I appreciate this hotel for allowing me to do that.

• Queen Room

Our Air Conditioner was not working , they brought us a fan , but it did not help very much . My sister n law could not stay in the room because of the heat. It was very upsetting to her being that it was a Birthday outing . The staff did offer us free breakfast for our inconvenience. Which was nice . I feel I should get a free night for my inconvenience 🙁

Bathrooms were clean and the breakfast was good

• Queen Room

No free breakfast even though online it said i would and they charge my card twice different ammounts even though i paid cash in full. Left me stranded in corpus cause no money on card that they had charged

Bed is comfortable.

• Queen Room

Service at the restaurant was slow. Dishes were dirty. Found a hair on the plate. Room spelled musty. Maid did not replace towels.

Front staff were friendly.

• Queen Room

The front desk staff was friendly but kind of slow. The rooms seem to be run down a bit, normaly hilton garden inn is very good, but this is average. Was freezing that night, heater dis not work, why do you not check each room because you know it will freeze. Reported to frontdesk, went out for dinner, mechanic dis not fix, frontdesk did not even know. Frontdesk eventually fixed it themselves, just very bad organisation. Breakfast is so so, they do offer custom made breakfast for more cost, nice option.

All pretty standard. Waiters were nice.

• King Suite

Booking. Com wasn’t good cuz last time I rsvp and got confirmation number within charge my card til when I got there found out there s no rsvp and no confirmation nothing as I’m shocking upset , next day went to my bank to get $$ to pay for it I was disappointed w booking. Com wasn’t good service online 👎🏽.. and would u pls email me w receipt from Hilton Garden inn I need that pls...

Everything so comfortable 👍🏽

The room didn't have a safe..

The customer service was good.The room was nice and cozy. The room had a microwave and refrigerator which was a plus..the hotel wasn't to far from the beach and naval base which was nice and easy to drive too...

• Queen Room

No meat or eggs included with breakfast buffet. Due to the cost of the rooms, I think that it could be little more incentive with breakfast.

Location, easy in and off expressway.

• Queen Room

The bathrooms had a funny smell, it appears the drainage system in the hotel needs some repairs. Also, the coffee bar in the main entrance was often empty.

The room was comfortable, I liked the down comforters on the beds. The staff was helpful.

• Queen Room

Cheap with their bath towels. Twice I got a glass with lipstick rim on it. The same glass because it was the same lipstick of color. Looks like it never made it to the washer.

• Queen Room

I booked our room for 4 people and wasn't given enough towels. When I called the manager Morgan was extremely rude and told me the only way I could get more towels is if I brought them down and exchanged with dirty ones. I told her I was not going to do that and still didn't receive towels so we all had to share towels. I will probably not ever stay here again due to that experience. The pool was very small but had a lot of people in it so kids had a hard time swimming.

Dusty was the manager that checked us in and she was very friendly. The bed was very comfortable. Linens were good quality. Room was very quiet. Room was perfect for 2 adults and 2 children. Hotel was in good location to go to Padre Island, Port A and Corpus Christy Bay.

• King Suite

We were supposed to check in at 3. However our room wasn't ready and we waited till 415 in order to get into a room. Having to see other guests getting checked in immediately and go to their room was frustrating. We were unable to get access to wifi in the beginning and later found out we were not official "checked in". So I had to get my cc info and take it to the front desk that evening.

Complementary breakfast for inconvenience.

Receptionist attitude

The pillows were amazing ! I came from out of town and I had called the hotel to see if early check in was available so I could freshen up before an event and the receptionist kept giving the run around. Her name was christy. I know check in is at 3. And ever since I've been staying at this hotel which has been a long time (normally use my Hilton honors but booking.com gave a better rate) I've never had an issue and christy kept saying call back. I ended up going to my event and checked in at a later time where I was greeted with christy who wasn't very welcoming to guests at the front desk . She went straight to business, handed me keys, didn't make aware of the breakfast buffet in the mornings (which always happens) and was just not a friendly experience in all of my years staying here.

• King Suite

After a 10 hour drive with an infant the room they gave us was not what I booked a week earlier and then told us there was nothing they could do but give us a double queen room. I booked a king suite with a pull out couch and a crib. The woman was rude about it and not a bit helpful. She told me she only had the one option and couldn't do anything else for me. When I told her it wouldn't work and would have to go somewhere else, but I did not want to be charged a fee for cancellation she told me I was still going to be charged. For a room I booked that was unavailable!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Queen Room

The website clearly shows a hot tub in the pictures as well is noted under amenities. Well THERE IS NO HOT TUB. This was a major issue for us as we were planning and being in the hot tub while the kids swam. The weather was far to chilly to swim for me. The hotel offered breakfast but we already had breakfast plans. Very very upsetting there was nothing else they could do to make our stay better.

Loved that there was a bar

• Queen Room

light switch in bathroom was arcing Strong unknown smell in room bathroom not clean, floor behind toilet had what appeared to be urine stains Hair from previous occupiers in bathtub

• Queen Room

The bathroom smelled like urine, shower curtain. The people in the room above me was loud, called front desk and it took an hour to get them quiet.

The size and mattresses and blankets and pillows were comfy.

• Queen Room

Although the room was semi-clean, there were stains on the doors, walls, and in the bathroom. The room also had a slight smell. The elevator also had stains on the keys. This was an easy clean- but the hotel overall didn't seem to pay attention to the details. I also didn't like that breakfast wasn't complimentary- but that was an oversight on my end. The eggs that I ordered were delicious, but the free coffee wasn't very fresh tasting. I feel that the water was not filtered well. Compared to the value I would have gotten at the Hampton Inn or Embassy ( which are less expensive), this hotel should consider free breakfast. The other two Hilton hotels have better quality rooms and offer complimentary breakfast. This is my first and last time staying at this hotel. However, please keep in mind that I am VERY picky about cleanliness.

The location to the beach. The check was fast- but very impersonal.

• Queen Room

Overall value wasn't great. I guess we were paying extra for the last swigs of wine and one sorry-looking cookie they left out for guests. Pool was out for repairs all morning, and whenever I checked in, the only answer was, "it should be ready soon." Five hours later ... no luck. Kids crying and the customer service answer was "these things just happen sometimes." Yeah, so does me choosing Marriott next time.

Shower head leaked and tub was old. Room was comfortable but nothing special. Over-priced, and staff was underwhelming and unresponsive to my requests. All you'll get is a weak "sorry" despite the expensive stay.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Queen Room

According to Booking.com check in time 3pm-11 we arrived at 3:56 and were told that the room was not quite ready,(no problem at all) BUT we were also told that we would receive a phone call when it was ready.....(4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 6:45pm) no phone call so we went back to the hotel to inquire and the room was ready BUT WHEN I MENTIONED THAT WE HAD BEEN WAITING TO RECEIVE A PHONE CALL AS PROMISED.... We received this condescending response: "CHECK IN WAS NOT UNTIL 4pm" and that they were too busy to call since they were full!!!" I SMILED, although very disappointed in the response and the lie I was told! I'm sorry for the inconvenience would have been a perfect response! Everything else went well But THE FIRST IMPRESSION IS ALWAYS THE LASTING IMPRESSION!!!

Comfortable stay. Nice lobby area

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Queen Room

Had three adults and one child only had 3 towels. Had to go down to front desk every night and would only give us 2 towels! Beds were not comfortable.

Close to where family lives.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Queen Room

We had better service at hotels we paid half the price for. We stayed there for free Internet as we were shopping for real estate. We had service for about 5 min. Called staff to get help, they didn't seem to care. We have stayed at other Hiltons

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Queen Room

We notice noise coming out of our front window and they had a maintenance crew member power washing something and it was midnight. The second thing was a waitress for breakfast turned a order down due to them closing the kitchen until a gentleman went up to the cook and asked to put a order in and I did as well and the nice cook was generous to make my wife a omelette. All the waitress had to say was " we are closing the kitchen down let me ask the cook if it's ok."

The staff at the front desk were nice and caring. Made us feel wanted and welcomed.

• Queen Room

The hotel was understaffed and the lobby, hallways, pool, elevators were dirty. They ran out of pillows, towels , and blankets when they were booked at capacity. So they didn't have EXTRA to accomodate a sell out holiday weekend. They were understaffed which caused the staff to be stressed. A breakfast tray stayed in the hallway for an ENTIRE day. A roll away cot was in the hallway for more than 2 hours. The morning buffet on a long holiday weekend (Labor Day Monday) ended at the regular time?? AND guests were alerted to this at check-in. This hotel wasn't prepared to be booked to capacity. On this busy holiday weekend, they should have WOWED. Instead I was dissapointed at every turn.

The location was spot on for what we wanted to do.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

No complains

The beds were so comfortable. The staff was awesome. The pool we loved it. All around we enjoyed it. Would we go back to this hotel. Of course we would.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Queen Room

The front desk lady had and was grouchy never saw a smile on her face... Also I think that they should have complementary breakfast for the price

Cleaning staff were nice...

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room

I can't give an example of what I didn't like.

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in the past and have had nothing but a great experience. I enjoy the location, staff, and facility very much.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Noticed an empty glass on a hallway table for the duration we were there and noticed ants in the room.

Location was great. A little difficult to find initially, but the hotel is really nice.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Queen Room

We were always missing towels and the staff was really rude about it, at the front desk. We asked for bed sheets and were told they needed to go back and see if they had any, 20 minutes passed and they never checked so I went back and asked again and I got a respond that sounded as if I was the one in fault for needing sheets. Then the next day when we came back from the beach we were all looking towards a shower only to find no towels. We called down to the front desk and were told they'd be up shortly. Again, about 20 minutes passed and I called again in which point they told me to look for a housekeeper in my floor and ask. Also the beds aren't that soft, I've been in cheaper hotels that contain softer, memory foam beds.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Queen Room

I had made a reservation for a non smoking room. I get there and apparently since I booked through a third party company, they no longer had non smoking rooms. My daughter, only 1 years old, had to sleep in a room where people smoked freely.

It was close by the beach.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

I could not understand why housekeeping just dropped off clean towels because our "do not disturb" sign was out. This was at 9:00 am. No cleaning of our room was done.

The front desk was very good, professional, and seemed to want do whatever we needed. Very accommodating. The service for dinner and breakfast was very good.

• Queen Room

I skip the hot breakfast but good selections on muffins

• Queen Room

We were charged more than the price provided by booking.com

Cofee

Nothing the entire time was time well spent

Perfect weekend getaway

Beds were hard.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Found a roach in the coffee maker

Accessibility

There was nothing wrong

Everything was good

Clean

Location and breakfast

Staff extremely friendly

Clean and comfortable.

There was no hairdryer in the room

The ease of checking in & out

• Queen Room

shower water never got warm, was barely above room temp. however, we did shower at peak times.

bed was comfy.

Getting charged twice for 2 nights

Maybe tell customers the truth

• Queen Room

Close to where I needed to be, clean

Food sucked

• Queen Room

Rooms need to be more clean

Customer Service

The property was beautiful. The lobby was a great place to relax.

• Queen Room

You have to pay for breakfast the rooms are outdated. Overall not worth the money.

ac was not cold

Nice and relaxing

No free breakfast

Every thing was great

Staff.

n/a, Wife was happy, so I'm happy !

Excellent venue. My wife and I had a great and comfortable time. Already booked our next stay for August.

The exits we needed since we had fishing gear were difficult to maneuver thru

Everything staff was friendly we enjoyed ourselves and felt very safe

the bed was hard

Receptionist, breakfast not included

Room and beds

No free breakfast

Comfy beds

The room was a little humid even with the AC; otherwise, great!

Price

• Queen Room

Friendly, helpful staff, very clean hotel.

• King Suite

Customer service was very bad. Booked a room for 4 but no extra blanket, the staff said it was out of stock. Toothbrush has to be bought $3

Staff didn't sppear too friendly Seem they were afraid to smile and were not that hospitable

Location Cost Restaurants nearby

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

the only setback we had were: No free breakfast & no vent in bathroom.

Pool was GREAT!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• King Suite

Didn't get my senior discount for my booking.

All very nice

• Queen Room

I wasn't made aware the hotel doesn't offer free breakfast . Very disappointed .

• Queen Room

My early arrival was supposed to be made through booking.com but they did not do it

The omelettes in the restaurant we're great

• Queen Room

just wish there was a corpus Christi bay front location, but one good thing is proximity to shopping and restraunts is great!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Queen Room

My kids were told they had to pay for breakfast. We normally stay at the Hyatt and never paid for breakfast.

It was convenient to where i was going.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The food was cold and tasteless

Service ok

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Room

Beds are not very comfortable.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I liked the location, the environment. Overall great as always

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Wanted hot tub/spa

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• King Suite

It was nice clean and quite

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

loby

Room service food laying near the door for 3 X days. Room cleaning trying to enter my room without knock.