Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center 3 stars

2325 North Stemmons Freeway, Market Center, Dallas, TX 75207, USA

#45 of 151 hotels in Dallas

Breakfast NOT included

Booking.com had this place at 120 a night with breakfast included. It was not $120 a night and breakfast was NOT included. It was $170 a night with a breakfast buffet for $15. I should have pointed this out when i checked in and maybe the hotel would have worked with me but i didnt want to cause any problems.

Our room was very clean and the air was good and cold. A blonde haired gal checked us in and i cant remember her name but she was very friendly.

Amazing Breakfast
    • Queen Room

We were charged for breakfast, which was supposed to be included with our stay, and had to contact the corporate to have the charge removed from our bill. The location is a little difficult. The hotel is located on a one way service road of a major highway, so you have to do some maneuvering to get to it. The ink was out in the printer in the business center, but there is an Office Depot about a mile away.

The hotel was very clean. The rooms were well appointed and up to date. The beds were extremely comfortable, with plenty of pillows. By far the best breakfast buffet at any hotel I've stayed at in the past two years. An actual Keurig in the room, so we were able to buy coffee cups and make our preferred brand.

The property was clean and the staff was great.
    • Queen Room

Only issue the hotel did not warn us prior to staying there that there was an adult club that were constantly all over the place and loud. They also had very inappropriate adult toys in a basket at one point when I was on the elevator with them along with my children.

The property was clean and the staff was great.

Good
    • Queen Room

My stay included breakfast and they tried to bill me for it anyway. I spoke to breakfast attendant she was very nice and said we will take that charge off. When I went to check out they left it on my bill and still tried to charge me for it. I caught it and they refunded me only after showing them the email I had stating breakfast included. Mind you this was a $60 charge.

Loved the last cation and it was very clean.

Overall stay was nice. But I wouldn't stay there again.
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

If it wasn't as expensive, and if the quoted price from booking wasn't different from the price they charged me at the hotel.

Nice bed, okay bathroom. Overall I felt the place was overpriced for what it offered, also the hallways were extremely hot for no reason

Rooms were nice.

Staff was rude, had to request non feather pillows 3 times. Lack of customer service. Front desk wouldn’t answer the phone, had to go downstairs to address issues. A/C wasn’t cooling properly and they did nothing about it. Will never stay there again.!

Rooms were nice.

Great! Quick check in.

The accessibility to the location could be challenging depending on which direction you were trying to access the hotel. We would have to go around the back side, go through a parking lot, them back onto the access road to drive into the property. Not a deal breaker by any means, just not easy access from the direction we were coming from

It was clean! Quick check in. Loved that we could access the building on any side of the building that we parked. It's never fun when you have to park in the back and walk around and carry all your belongs. The bar was nice, and we enjoyed the drinks.

The location was convenient for us.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Our room was on the 7th floor facing the pool and there was so much pool noise with the kids screaming and playing. We checked in, turned our air down to cool the room off and left. 2 hours later we came back expecting to be able to relax in a cool room and it wasn’t cool at all. We had to ask the front desk about our air, he called maintenance. Maintenance immediately came to fix our air - apparently they put some sort of a governor on the room air and it wasn’t getting colder than 75 but once the guy was fixing the air it went down to about 71 and that was the coolest we ever got the room. I didn’t like to have to have a maintenance man come to my room while we had already unpacked, etc - and at 10:00 pm at night have to sit and wait for him to do his job. While he was polite it was still extremely burdensome.

The room was very clean. Customer service was top notch.

This is not a full service hotel..people with disabilities be aware.
    • Queen Room

Myself as well as my room mate are disabled. I asked if we could get help with out bags. I was told "this isn't a full service hotel". I was told she would see if the shuttle bus driver could maybe help us in between his trips. This is unacceptable. I was using a walker and my friend a cane. The staff was rude and just watched me make several trips back and forth, putting my bags and things on the walker and pushing them. This was the staff on duty when we checked in. There were ants that got all in my cup that I was drinking out of both days. Our coffee pot didn't work and my friend was treated like she didn't know how to work the coffee pot. I would have let the ants and the coffee pot slide, but to have absolutely no concern for people with disabilities that need assistance with their bags is not acceptable. Upon check out, I had diffetent staff. I let her know about my issues. The manager came out and I agreed to comping one night. This staff was empathetic and professional. The more I thought about it, the more I think both nights should have been comped. I will most likely never stay at another one of the hotels in this chain. I took a while before writing this, well, I wasn't even going to bother. I do feel it's necessary to let others know..its not a full service hotel so be prepared to get your things to your room on your own even with a disability.

Other than ants and non working coffee pot, the room was nice. The check out staff and manager were both empathetic and professional.

Just okay.
    • Queen Room

The carpet was just old, just in bad need of upgrades , leaking bathtub faucet, plus the bathtub was discolored- Breakfast was kinda expensive No early shuttles to airport (before 6am) Printed wasn't working , hence, no paper copies of online purchases tickets that we needed. Inconvenient.

It was convenient to Love Field Airport.

We were pleased with our stay

We used the shuttle to go to a restaurant and also to meet a tour. The drivers were wonderful We also ate in the dining room for wonderful breakfasts and a dinner. The staff there were very good.

Nice hotel, but it was very stinky! Wish breakfast and parking was included into the price
    • Queen Room

Our room smelled awful!! Like sewage!! We used Lysol and perfumes and couldn’t get rid of the smell! Breakfast was too expensive and had to pay to park ☹️

Room was nice size with all amenities we needed.

Joe the bartender was awesome!
    • Queen Room

Most of the staff wasn't that friendly. And during the day, as soon as you walked out the lobby doors it smelled terrible.

Joe the bartender was awesome!! Incredibly friendly, and we accidentally stole his lighter 😔. The rooms were well furnished, the beds comfortable, and the hotel is beautiful.

My trip to the Hilton

No crossing signals, not enough help fir disabled clients. No racks fir disabled cients to use to carry their luggage. No bathroom mats that didn't slide. No free breakfast without coupons.

How close it was to my destination.

Great place to stay

The pillows were a little flat, but the bed was comfortable overall.

Staff at the front desk was excellent. They were able to accommodate an early check in for us and everyone was really friendly.

the location was fine;
    • Queen Room

had one rude woman at desk Sunday morning; outdoor pool was of no use when weather was in 30s

the location was fine; the breakfast was outstanding! would choose again for the breakfast alone. having parking be included made our decision to rent a car an easy one - this is a big plus. staff was also very helpful

Good.

When you travel and stay in motels for 1 night most people get up early an continue to their destination. You disappointed me in this respect that you don't provide coffee earlier than 7 am. on weekends and frankly continental breakfast should be free.

Staff most curtious.

Will never stay at a Hilton for business or vacation again. I have better service at a motel 8
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

When I booked the room online it said one night came out to $201. When I arrived and checked in they told me my total was $257 and when I asked why, they said they charge a tourist fee. A few days later after getting back home I checked my credit card statement and they had charged me $296. But my paper invoice said $257 still. I called twice and was put on hold with accounting department for over an hour. When I called back a third time and told them my situation and asked to speak to a manager they put me on hold for a few minutes then hung up. Sounds like fraud to me

Not very clean for price cahrged
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Room was filthy!! Sink had fallen lower than counter in bathroom and there was icky stuff all exposed and the linens were full of hair that was blonde. I'm not blonde! Ish

Not recommending.
    • Queen Room

It was so noisy. I had to call the front desk and ask if they could have the room next to us to turn tv down at 2:30 AM. Kids running in hallway ay 1230 a.m. The check in staff not friendly. Too busy talking to each other.

Great stay
    • Queen Room

I did not like being given a bill at breakfast when it was complimentary and I had to explain myself like I was a thief trying to steal a meal

Breakfast Chief and overnight staff. The shuttle driver gave me great info on the best restaurants

Uncomfortable bed, untrained staff
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

The king size bed was really uncomfortable. The mattress was really hard. Seem like it was a really old mattress.the pillows were also hard.did not have a good sleep because of that.not what I expected. I stayed in other less expensive hotels and their beds were really comfortable. At check out nobody asked how was my stay. I handed my key card and he only said your are good to go. Not really good service.

The hotel was clean

I’ll be finding somewhere else.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Requested a handicapped room, but this room was not: farthest from the elevators, bathtub/shower combo, tiny bathroom. Room was 79 degrees, when I went to ask why I was told I needed to request a/c, as they can’t do both. The a/c turns on with a loud ding every half hour, making sleep a challenge.

Hotel staff and waiter in restaurant were great, breakfast staff was awful.

Good location, clean room, but not much for amenities and you need to be ok with white noise.

The room had a hum to it, we think it was the mini fridge from next door, the cable TV guide wasn't working, and the only pool was outdoor not indoor (I was pretty sure the ad said heated indoor pool because that's what I was looking for.). The breakfast cost $17 per plate!

The room was kept clean by staff and was cozy warm, which was good because the weather got cold fast and there was freezing rain this trip.

Friendly Staff courteous and helpful
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

The information I received said includes breakfast... it did not. There were other guests that were commenting on this... After finding this out I attempted to order room service for breakfast. They do not offer that... had to go down stairs... (I did not)

Friendly Staff courteous and helpful

All in all a good stay, they just need to brush some of the staff up on hospitality and service.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Disability Access/Non-Smoking

On Tuesday morning the dining server staff were a little grumpy and served barely warm coffee.

Staff working dining in evening were efficient and excellent

There was confusion at my checkin and the guy at the counter...
    • Queen Room

There was confusion at my checkin and the guy at the counter tried to charge me $130 more than I booked for and then told me that the rate I was giving him (on paper with confirmation) was not what they had in their system. He fixed it but seemed annoyed with me but I assume it was the situation and not me.

Good Hotel. Great Staff. Rooms had smell.
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

The first room I checked into smelled awful, like someone had been sick in bathroom. However, I called the front desk and they gave me another room.

The front desk staff was incredible.

Very unsatisfied
    • Queen Room

The houskeepers came in and threw away my daughter's new birthday clothes and the shirts were ruined. Very unsatisfied on how management handled the situation. We won't return and we travel every other weekend for AAU basketball. Could brought you lots of business

The property was beautiful

Future stays at this location questionable. Although the staff and location were great
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Much like the “Three Little Bears” story: The first room had an odor of toilet backup; the second room upon entry was 86 degrees. Had to stand in the hotel hallway for 20 minutes until maintenance got the AC on. Woke up early AM to no heat. Told they had to switch between heat and AC manually; the third room was “just right” . At least on that second day of our three day stay. The maid service on the third day was limited to exchanging towels ( not bed linen or remaking the bed) and the bathtub had not been cleaned, or floor vaccumed.

The location and staff made the visit !

The reception area was comfortable with plenty of seating.

The smell in our room was terrible, we had to be asked to be moved to another room the next morning. I would have liked to sit by a fire that was lit, it would have made reception more cosy.

The reception area was comfortable with plenty of seating. Rooms were spacious

The smell inside the room was so awful!

The smell inside the room was so awful! You cannot even air your room as the windows don't open. The noise from the street made me wake up several times at night.

Great staff but Booking.com didn't mention pool was closed

Pool was closed for nearby painting which was not stated on Booking.com. But that was one of the reasons I booked. So Booking.com should get a slapdown for that. Also, outside of hotel windows were filthy.

The staff was great. I was booked into one room. Upon entering it, it smelled of marijuana so I went back down and they quickly gave me another one. Also, booking.com had advertised an $8 breakfast, and the front desk said $15. I showed them the booking with the $8 information and they quickly made that correction via coupons as well.

I would love to stay there again.

Coffee in the room wasn't good, but they had some in the lobby that was great.

The staff were very friendly, the room was clean, bed very comfortable. They had complimentary coffee in the lobby all day which was wonderful for coffee drinkers. There was decent counter space in the bathroom. They had a space for smokers out side with a bench for comfort.

The fact my truck got broken into between 3pm and 9 pm on...

The fact my truck got broken into between 3pm and 9 pm on Oct 13. No attempt from staff to even try to comp at least 1 night of our stay for the inconvenience. Also the fact there are no security cameras at a hotel as nice as a HILTON.

After check in problems, stay was nice.
    • Queen Room

Rate dispute at check in required call to booking.com. Resolved back to confirmed rate, but time required caused us to be late for dinner date.

Staff was completely unwelcoming at the front desk.

Staff was completely unwelcoming at the front desk. It's like it pained them to smile. We weren't even greeted when checking in, we had to ask to sign in. Finally, they took our towels but didn't replace them with new ones.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay, I wish we could have stayed longer

If I have to choose anything, it would be I didn't enjoy walking that far to the ice machine. There were some homeless guys always in the parking lot had me a little nervous.

The staff was very friendly. The guy's at the front desk were so welcoming. They even gave a mini tour of lobby/ dinning/bar area. The cozy bar area was convenient. The bartender was great. The room was very clean,overlooked the pool area. Overall I really enjoyed my stay. When I need another place I'll be booking there.

The front desk staff was very friendly.

The toilet splashed water (and toilet contents) onto the seat, floor and anyone standing close enough to flush the toilet. This is very unsanitary. I informed the front desk after check in and before going out for the evening hoping it would be repaired while we were out but it was not and we had to clean the toilet seat and surrounding area each time we used it.

The front desk staff was very friendly.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room

The bath tub needs to be replaced. It is stained and appears unclean.

The bed was comfortable. The temperature was great. The staff at the front desk were professional and friendly

Cigarette smoke and very loud noises

I hate giving bad reviews but I have no choice here. We stayed in room 425 for 3 nights and not only was the room outdated (which is honestly fine I don't care much about that) but it was dusty and had this weird smell of tabacco combined with some air freshener. As I hate making a big deal out of things, we thought after one night the smell would go. It was still there. The walls of the room are not insulated at all. We had a connecting room to our own room and a connecting door and one night we heard a wild couple growing crazy as if they were intimate in the room with us. Then another night some girls were having a party in the connecting room and were shouting and screaming and had loud music past 11:30pm. We called the hotel to deal with it. Two security people showed up after about 15min... they took it very easy... the same night at the break of dawn two drunk girls argue on the corridor in front of our door. And they go on and on and on... where was security then?? And the cherry on top of the cake, the same night after the girls stopped arguing on the corridor, cigarette smoke starts getting in our room through the air vents. Horrible!! I am allergic to that and could not sleep anymore. When checking out I mentioned the cigarette smoke and got 50$ off our invoice... Don't stay here unless you don't have alternatives or unless you are up for party mood on all the time. Both my husband and I are 30 so really a little bit of noise wasn't the problem but this was just outrageous.

The breakfast buffet had a variety of choices and everything was fresh.

Enjoyed our stay

The room service hours are limited, but there are places that deliver nearby.

Everyone was super friendly, front desk was well staffed (checked in after 9pm, and the lobby was still busy). Our room was clean and the area quiet.

Excellent customer service, low quality facility
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was very hot and muggy in the entire facility, the carpets in the hallways were filthy. The bathroom in our room was tiny. When I booked the room on booking.com, I chose this "queen deluxe" room specifically because it had a sofa sleeper also. When we got to the room, there was no sofa sleeper and they do not have "queen deluxe" rooms, at all. The room also smelled of cigarette smoke, it was very strong! The toilet kept clogging up and an engineer had to come to our room to fix it and was there for about 30-45 minutes before we finally asked to switch to another room. I can honestly say, I will not be going back to this hotel.

The breakfast was excellent and service was fabulous

location good;
    • Queen Room

TV in room did not work, room was by rooftop AC units, fitness center has one working elliptical out of three.

location good; breakfast good although a bit pricey

I'd give it a very good rating and would stay there again-plus I would recommend it.
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

The info. on Booking.com listed breakfast for $ 8, but that was for the continental breakfast-the buffet was $ 15. The listing should give both prices for the hotel's breakfast-which was very good, also.

Just a very nice, comfortable stay.

The hotel was easy to get to and easy to park at.

The hotel was easy to get to and easy to park at. The staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean, and there were good restaurants within a few minutes' drive. I don't think I would want to stay here for several days, but it was a great, easy stop through location for a single night.

Great place, just verify the correct rate!
    • Queen Room

They did not immediately give us the Booking.com rate we had reserved. We went round and round showing the confirmation and all. Then he reluctantly gave us the rate (which was $37 less per night than the rate he was trying to make us pay). It got fixed, but was a pain. Not sure why the correct rate didn't show up for them.

Easy access to get anywhere fairly quickly! Felt safe. It was clean and comfortable. We liked that it had free parking and free wi-fi. Oh, and the in-room fridge and microwave were wonderful to have. Great deal!

I will return!!

The bathroom and sleeping area were exceptionally clean with enough USB ports for my technological devices. The bed was very comfortable. In addition, the room was decorated nicely. The staff was extremely helpful by recommending good restaurants and providing what was needed to make my stay wonderful.

Really nice, quiet, & clean
    • Queen Room

The front desk lady was not very friendly when we arrived at midnight. Did not like parking in the back of the hotel at midnight--would have like to see some security around the parking lot while parking and unloading our luggage during the midnight hours. Our room overlooked the AC equipment.

We were rushing to checkout at 11 am but we were running behind so I called the front desk to ask for a little extra time and we were told that check out was as noon and not the typical 11am time for most hotels in Texas....that was fantastic news!! The rooms and the toiletries were fantastic---so quiet and clean! Liked the decor and room accommodations - very relaxing. I would definitely return and recommend it.

Would stay again.
    • King Room - Hearing Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It didn't have a continental breakfast. It had a restaurant that was reasonably priced.

It is located to the Children's Medical Dallas. Very clean. Staff very helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean. The bed was awesome.

I enjoyed my stay and the staff was helpfull.. Perfect for my event at AAC for a concert.
    • Queen Room

The toilet had a strong flush, so was not comfortable if you did a courtesy flush, and if the top is up it would splash water on the toilet seat.

The comfort of the bed and the coffee machine in the morning was a blessing. Great coffee too

Very comfortable room, good for the price, front desk could having been more welcoming.

The staff at the front could have been more welcoming and polite. They kind of just shoved me off as if I didn't matter. The continental breakfast should have been free in my opinion but that's just me.

The bed was amazing!! Like sleeping on a cloud. The room came adequately equip. The coffee maker was perfect. The walls were very sound proof, I did not hear anyone else while I was in my room.

Good price and facility
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

I could not get the information well about breakfast from WEB site. If the breakfast is free, this hotel is excellent for me.

Very good amenity and facility. We can use keurig, refrigerator and microwave in my room. If you prepare the food by yourself, you can relax in room.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Comfortable Hotel
    • Queen Room

*Check in was 3pm... I believe it was after 5pm or 5:30pm before we could check in-- we sat in the lobby exhausted from our 14 hour drive and waited...they did apologize....nothing else... *I didn't like that the laundry room was right above our room 301--obviously the floors are tile because we keep hearing high heels banging against the floor--the laundry ran late and sleeping was not easy at times--sounded like an air plane in the room during spin cycle. *The hotel seemed to only have 1 shuttle van with a long wait list & inconvenient hours of operation. **we've gladly stayed at this location the past 3 years...the hotel seemed to be different this last time though. This will definitely effect our decision next year.

We enjoy eating inside the hotel restaurant. The burgers are great.

Staff was very helpful in correcting incorrect booking on...
    • Queen Room

Breakfast could be tastier Unable to reconcile their room charge with rate given by booking.com

Staff was very helpful in correcting incorrect booking on their part

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Great stay!
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

The pillows were a little awkward and the dinner time ended very early (9pm?).

Had a wonderful weekend! The hotel is right there in the center of Dallas, 5-10 minute drive wherever you go. Very clean and modern! Loved it!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Had a great time, and will make a return visit
    • Queen Room

Only the slight firmness of the bed, and too much light through window at night

Bed was slightly firm,but satisfactory. Not much that I didn't like

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Burr.....
    • Queen Room

The lobby/dining area was FREEZING!!!! Had to wear a coat to eat! Fireplace was never lit, which would have been nice, especially with ice and snow outside.

Size and comfort of the room was great!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great hotel and staff!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Cramped bathroom and the ac/heater vent rattled all night when it would turn on.

Huge rooms! Great breakfast buffet and omelette station! The beds were comfortable and there were different styles of pillows to choose from. The convenience of the shuttle service was awesome. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Staff were great and bed was comfortable.
    • King Room - Hearing Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was great to have a fridge in the room but it was very loud. I eventually unplugged in order to get some rest

Staff were great and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Easy access to Love Field

Easy access to Love Field

Great place to stay. Excellent staff. Was even given a complimentary breakfast which was delicious.

Bathroom are kind of small

Love the room size and beds are very comfortable

We expected continental breakfast to be included in price

We expected continental breakfast to be included in price

Its walking proximity to the conference I was attending.

The hotel.did not have a shuttle to the airport I needed, only to the one closest by.

Its walking proximity to the conference I was attending.

Was charged for things not used n my checkout bill was more...
    • Queen Room

Was charged for things not used n my checkout bill was more that what i was to pay online with booking.com

It was great

How clean it was

M

M

Wish they'd had almond milk

Wish they'd had almond milk

VERY GOOD, DEFINITELY I WILL RETURN.

I DIDNT LIKE THE TREAT OF A MAN IN THE RECEPTION

THE SPACE IN ROOMS AND THE BREAKFAST. ALSO I LIKE THE WAITRESS AND THE MANAGER

Would stay again and recommend to friends.
    • Queen Room

Price for breakfast to high.

Staff very helpful. Shuttle van availability a great help.

Enjoyed it. Great location next to Guitar festival
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Had to correct reservation details about breakfast included with Booking.com reservation

Excellent breakfast buffet

Strong water pressure

Strong water pressure

Fair stay

Staff is not quite friendly, place looks a bit old, industrial area, staff is not always attentive

It was close to my business location

Food was good staff was nice

No water pressure, some of the tv station where staticky, bed was hard, WiFi kept kicking me off

Food was good staff was nice

I was happy with price and comfort.

Nothign