Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center 3 stars

50 Raritan Center Parkway, Edison, NJ 08837, USA

#2 of 12 hotels in Edison

Garden of Hilton NJ
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

Flight from Newark NJ so easy location as just 18 minute drive to airport. There was plenty of parking & the hotel is located in an industrial park area. There is a very good Wholefood market & restaurants about a 7 minute drive away. Checked in with a lovely lady & the room was huge.. The bed could have slept about ten people. There was everything you needed in there as well. Occasional furniture, tv, safe, iron, coffee maker, microwave wardrobe, iron & a huge bathroom. The facilities were top notch with a really hot jacuzzi good size pool & a great gym. There was a fairly busy bar area in the lobby.

Will stay at a value hotel next time.

See above

Room was very clean, loved the keurig. Toilet was broken and we waited hrs for maintenance. We where told breakfast was included and where being charge $10.95 after serving ourselves. Staff in breakfast area except the cook was rude and inappropriate. My daughter had skin irritation from the pool...along with other kids in our party. Hotel was overall crowded, noisy, expensive and overrated.

I will never, never, never stay at this property because of this incident.

My brand new pants were left in the room and I called 5 times finally received a call back. Both my husband and myself saw the pants that I left in the room. I am being told they didn't find them. This saddens me because they were important to me and now someone is wearing my pants, shame on you.

The pool area was dirty, the front desk staff would not add my hilton honors number to my account,

Room setup.

Couldn’t control the AC very annoying Also, I left a tiepin in my room and spoke with housekeeping/lost and found and they took my number and never called me back

Room setup.

Extremely comfortable and awesome hospitality!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

I do not have any complaints.

The beds are sooooo comfortable...The room size is super-awesome...It's big enough to fit a twin size rollaway bed...I love the location because it's walking distance to the E-Hotel...I didn't have to move my car...The staff is extremely professional and customer-friendly....This hotel will always be my go-to place! Keep up the excellent hospitality and comfort!

Location was convenient, close to restaurants and business...

Location was convenient, close to restaurants and business centers. Also close to major roadways. And of course, the luxury of using a heated pool in the wintertime!

Great location - cozy lobby

The noise coming in from air whistling though the ac vent was annoying and disruptive. I complained, but I should have demanded a new room.

The lobby was lovely with a fireplace and an open floor plan connecting the bar an restaurant.

Staff, location & breakfast AWESOME

Nothing bad to say at all.

Room and space was GREAT. Very clean! Breakfast was good and fresh. The pool area was clean and quite during our stay. I will definitely stay again.

Overall, great room.

Upon arrival, the concierge told us we did not have reservations. I showed her the confirmation email and she still told me she could not find it. I became frustrated and showed her my second confirmation email with the confirmation number, and only then did she find the confirmation. After she had originally told me she couldn’t find our room, she didn’t apologize or anything and just acknowledged that she found it and gave us our room key. I would’ve appreciated if before I had gotten upset and worried that our confirmation hadn’t gone through, she would’ve been a little more diligent.

Heat was great. Very clean and tidy!

Overall a very nice, clean and friendly place to stay.

The pillows were not my favorite, going flat and too mushy. I also wished there was a fan running in the bathroom to eliminate the steam from showering so you wouldn't have to crack the door.

Breakfast was a delicious buffet, with great service and made to order items.

Convenience

The food was terrible. The bread on the sandwiches was stale, the lettuce and tomato were limp- and why does anyone serve the ends of a tomato??? Cold food that should have been hot. Pillows are too mushy. Firmer ones should be offered. We were really looking forward to the hot tub, but the temperature was too cold, and we were told that it could not be increased as it had recently been treated.

Convenience

overall very good!

the booking.com email says the breakfast is included but the front desk staff could not find it from their records. I had to show them the email then they gave me the breakfast vouchers. some communication between you and Hilton may be broken.

breakfast not bad

Very enjoyable and look forward to returning.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

Everything was to my satisfaction.

The chef was very accommodating and the lady clearing the table was charming. I stayed there with my family for a few nights in July and returned for this short trip in Sept. because I felt very comfortable there.

Clean, simple, reasonable place to stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Room was a bit small. WiFi was slow. The air conditioner vents leaked in the dining area and sitting area and got us wet.

Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly. Room was clean.

My stay was great. I would definitely return.

I did not like housekeeping knocking on my door at 8am then 9am, when my check out was 12. I felt I was being rushed to leave.

I liked that that the front desk staff was very friendly and the room were very clean.

Helpful Staff in an affordable Hotel.

Despite the Hotel being overall clean, I have seen two flies one each in my room and the lobby while I also struck one with the Menu card.

Good breakfast, excellent business center, and very good staff particularly Front Desk and Driver of the Hotel Van was exceptionally polite and helpful.

Do not pay extra for King with whirl pool tub room and avoid their breakfast buffet
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The King sized room with the whirl pool was not worth the extra money; it was dirty and had several pieces of hair in it from whom ever used it before us. I called down to front desk and they sent someone right up to clean it and I still found a few hairs after... The jets were not strong. We had the breakfast buffet and we arrived at 10:30 am for our breakfast since we knew they closed at 11 am. They seemed to stop refilling the buffet items. It was extremely busy since it was a Sunday and there was only one server. We asked twice for apple juice to be refilled and it never was. As soon as 11 am came they had it all cleared out, despite the fact that a few guests arrived after us and were charged for a buffet that was half fulled and being emptied. We feel like this place lacked the hospitality we have come to expect from hotels. Attention to detail and staffing should be addressed.

The front desk was very responsive.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The room was huge and the amenities in the room (microwave,...
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

We were given a handicap room and the shower did not have a door so the water kept overflowing into the bathroom floor. It got messy a bit.

The room was huge and the amenities in the room (microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker with supplies) were excellent.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Easy and relaxing. Felt like home.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

May be silly, but the water in the shower hit the wall and the head was not adjustable. I am small (4'8") and had to stand against the shower wall to take my shower.

The room was clean. Lobby was bright and inviting. Staff was friendly and helpful. Easy access on and off the highway. I will definitely stay there on my next trip.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The jetted tub in our room was absolutely wonderful.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The jetted tub in our room was absolutely wonderful. We spent some time downstairs in the pool and then went to our room to really relax and it was perfect.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Service at breakfast was very good and the food was tasty.

I didn't like the fact that I didn't get Hilton points because I booked through booking.com.

Service at breakfast was very good and the food was tasty.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Amazing Hotel! We will be booking again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

They didn't offer an event to celebrate New Years in the hotel, that will be a nice addition for visitors!

Everything was amazing, the beds, the staff, the food was soooo yummy. The Hotel offers a free shuttle to the train station it was an A+ for us! It's around 1 hr to NYC taking the train, and 30 mins by car.

Great room for a great price

The pillows were a little too soft for me. Everything else was excellent.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Everything and the staff was very helpful I left my money in...

Everything and the staff was very helpful I left my money in the room by an accident they went to my room before housekeeping and got it that shows that they value there costumer and that means a lot I will be giving them more of my service and I will let people know about them as well

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

The overnight stay was worth the small annoyances.

For me the pillows were too soft and had no support. There was a unpleasnt smell in the bathroom but everything appeared clean. No exhaust fan in bathroom. I would have liked if a contintental breakfast was included. When i checked out they asked if they could email my receipt i said ok. Not yet received as of 12/28.

The lobby area was pretty. Checking was quick and efficient. Staff pleasant. Good location.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Hotel was clean
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

Shower was a handicap facility although didn't request for one. Water splashed all over bathroom and not enough floor towel to keep it dry as possible without slipping. Requested for 2 additional bath towel and one had blood on it. I was immediately turned off by cleanliness of housekeeping.

Hotel was clean

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Nice and comfy for a great price right outside of the city!

I like the quietness of the location but shopping and eating was not far at all. I also like the indoor pool and jacuzzi even though they were on the smaller side I like that they were indoors for all year round purposes. Also liked the workout room that is right next door. The room was very comfortable which included a pull out couch.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Not a happy customer

The fact that I wasn't accommodated when I was informed by Booking.com that the sales manager authorized my stay several hours earlier than normal check-in time. Also the fact I wasn't contacted when left my information with the hotel to confirm my arrival time. I wouldn't make that long trip if I wasn't going to be able to check in. Furthermore, the fact I had to call booking.com twice because the hotel policy does not allow any changes booking third party so I had to cancel with booking.com and pay an extra day for more than the original booking price. Needless to say, I am not happy that's not even mentioning the fact the room had a smoking stench to it.:(

The response time from front desk was quick and respectful.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Average
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

Booked one type of room, got there and it was giving to someone else. Very disappointed because my companion needed a special room because of his disability.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Spent some time at the bar on Saturday.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

There were several weddings that weekend. Some parents left their children unsupervised while attending receptions offsite. The kiddos didn't heed the staff's admonishments.

Spent some time at the bar on Saturday. Staff (Henderson) was entertaining and cordial.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

The overall stay was good

The AC was loud old fashioned and the thermometer was too bright light it lightned the entire room. The vent in the bathroom had huge mold inside

The overall stay was good

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

CHECK EVERYTHING IN YOUR ROOM BEFORE USING IT!

A CLEAN ROOM! MANAGEMENT WHO POSSESS HONESTY AND INTEGRITY! Respectful Housekeeping Staff Who Don't Speak Ill Of Guests In Spanish! (And guess what ladies- I speak and understand Spanish perfectly!)

One of the Front Desk staff was very personable. He was the only good experience.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Nice stop-over on a business road trip.

Service at check-in was outstanding. I was traveling after a day of work, so I arrived after midnight. Staff was super friendly and professional...made us feel like VIPs.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Good experience.

They really need better luggage carts. The one we had to use was half a cart.

Very friendly and attentive breakfast staff. Cookies and wine and citrus water in the lobby. Rooms were comfortable and had great pillows. Would definitely stay again. Very quiet which is a plus!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Clean but not effectively staffed with intelligent people.

Stupidity of over night staff for simple request. The staff member that closed out my room charged my room on wrong card took 3 weeks to correct the mistake but 5 mins to charge the new card when brought to their attention. The inconvenience screwed up my next to hotel stays.

Bright clean quite

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Wouldn't mind staying here again

We had a tough time checking in as they do not take cash and that was never mentioned.

The rooms were very clean, the ac unit worked wonderfully, the house keeping was very quick and made sure we had clean towels and our bed made everyday weather they had to wait or not.

Wonderful oasis of comfort in a multiday journey into less personally attentive areas of the country

Lobby furniture was a little shabby for the name and location.

Room temperature adjustment was excellent.

I loved the bathroom with Whirlpool and the bed was very...
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the location

I loved the bathroom with Whirlpool and the bed was very comfy.

The facilities in the Hotel

The facilities in the Hotel

Love Hilton Garden Inns; got excellent price, staff was friendly, and overall great facility.

Love the breakfast.

Ac didn't work til night time

Ac didn't work til night time

4.5
    leaving

most evetything

leaving

Great stay, very enjoyable.

The bar and restaurant should open earlier.

All around great staff . The property and amenities were great. Will definitely be back.

I just thought the bath tub should be what i saw on line and...

I just thought the bath tub should be what i saw on line and it wasn't not at all!!

Wonderful stay! Thank you!

Clean comfortable, good food, and friendly staff.

Clean!

Clean! Friendly staff. The beds are VERY comfortable and the towels were fluffy!!??!! I stay in a lot of hotels, was pleasantly surprised.

It was clean and the staff was great

It was clean and the staff was great

It was nicely

To Much chlorine

The pool and the hot tub

Everything was great

No free breakfast

Everything about the stay!

Breakfast staff is excellent and friendly 😀

Breakfast staff is excellent and friendly 😀

The Stay Was Short

The Stay Was Short

the breakfast was good and the lemon/orange water and...

the water pressure in the shower

the breakfast was good and the lemon/orange water and snacks were a nice touch.

Easy checkin and checkout

Easy checkin and checkout

Enjoyed the stay but was disappointed in the odor in the room;the spa next to the pool was very cold

The odor in the bedroom was not fresh.

Love the food.

excellent stay

The hotel was very clean in overall.The infused lemon water was refreshing and wine by the fireplace was a great.

THE WARM ATMOSPHERE AND AMENITIES IN THE LOBBY.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

THE ICE MACHINE WAS OUT OF ORDER ON OUR FLOOR

THE WARM ATMOSPHERE AND AMENITIES IN THE LOBBY.

Excellent business stay

Nothing, everything was good.

Excellent food ,conveniently located for my work and free shuttle bus , friendly staff.

blankets were very nice

bed could use a soft topper

blankets were very nice

The bed was very cozy & the overall room cleanliness was...

The bed was very cozy & the overall room cleanliness was impressive!

Clean & nice Rooms Breakfast was especially fresh &...

Everything was good

Clean & nice Rooms Breakfast was especially fresh & delicious

Did not sleep well at all

It was very noisy you could hear every door shut in the hallway and everyone talk in the hallway all night long

Generally a good stay.

Pillows were awful. Extremely soft.

Bed was very comfortable

I absolutely loved it!! It was quiet and very relaxing.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The pillows were not as comfy as I thought it would.

The food was excellent. The staff is friendly and the room was very spacious.

It's clean and cozy.

It's clean and cozy. The staff is very welcoming.

Family trip
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Some noise from the air condition

Great fun stay for all especially the jacuzzi was great.

The wifi doesn't work

Food amazing and great service

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Id definitely go here again
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

The Cook seemed anxious with all the orders that were given. Lol. But overall good food and stay was great. No issues.

Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Relaxing. Very good for me.

Could use a few more channels Like tru tv

Everything was like pictures Nice clean quiet

Tranquility

Breakfast wasn't included!!!!

The comfort.

The chef in the morning listens to each and everyone.

The chef in the morning listens to each and everyone. Best french toast

The hospitality of the employees was great!

The hospitality of the employees was great!

I requested for a late checkout and was accommodated.

I requested for a late checkout and was accommodated.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great clean hotel!

Order room service in the evening and the food was not very good.

Hotel was very clean and staff was friendly!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016