Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port 3 stars

180 Southwest 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, FL 33004, USA

#8 of 20 hotels in Dania Beach

Don’t eat the food here! We got food poisoning from breakfast, and was sick the entire first day of our cruise. Eat food at own risk!!

Nice clean rooms.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room

Everything was pretty good, a bit pricey for me, but I'm cheap, so.... tu sabes...., and the heavy construction, but not their fault...

Everything was close and accessible. Great area.

No safe in the room and there should be an a-la-carte option for breakfast.

The comfort and cleanliness of the room. The close proximity to shopping and restaurants.

Far from beach

I did not request a crib. It was close to airport and shuttle was great. They even had a shuttle that took you to some restaurants in He area for dinner. Free of charge

• King Room - Disability Access

I like everything about the property!

We always stay there when we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. The service at the hotel is wonderful! The hotel is very clean. It is close to stores to be able to walk and purchase things that you need for the ship. McDonald's is right at the corner to be able to get a quick breakfast.

The breakfast was mediocre and the server never came back to re fill coffee or check that we were o.k. My husband had to chase someone down to pay the bill so we could leave. While our room was large the air conditioning was terrible...old and under sized for the room. We checked in healthy and we both left with bronchitis. Most likely from the dirty,nasty air conditioning unit. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

The front desk staff was great. Very accommodating and allowed us to check in early. The pool area was very nice.

• King Room - Disability Access

We arrived late to check in to the hotel. the room they gave us was a handicap room. The shower had a hand held head to use instead of a regular head. It was located at about 5 feet. Both my husband and I are over 5'10" tall. The fan in the bathroom didn't work so after our shower it look like it had rained in the entire room. The bed was so worn, when my husband got in bed, it almost sunk to the floor. Upon arrival the container with water was empty and only had fruit in it. Air conditioner in the room was very loud.

We found out breakfast wasn't included in our pkg. The front desk gentlemen gave us a coupon to enjoy the breakfast. The eggs were great as well as the sausage. Wait staff was very nice.

Our room had absolutely no view.

Comfortable room, offered exceptional breakfast and shuttle to the ship and return to airport from cruise dock (at a cost)

Air conditioner was rather noisy, might need some maintenance. It was efficient, however.

Comfortable bed and pillows; good food in bar area; courteous staff; efficient shuttle service; proximity to airport.

(sorry--put above comments in wrong place)

Thought it came with free breakfast, based on misleading online advertising. However, sadly discovered we would be charged $12.95 to eat since we were not in a high enough "guest category." Would not have booked had we known beforehand!

• Deluxe Quadruple Room

I was assigned a room next to the elevators and beending machine.It was extremely noisy! My kids were exhausted after 15 hours travel that slept without noticing, but unfortunately I couldn't rest. Room cleanliness could be better! Pillows very soft. Over priced.

We were originally checked into a very spacious room on the second floor (211) which is very close to the very noisy elevator. It also is only one floor above the patio and pool deck which was being well used by happy kids and families, but it was noisy. Would have been a problem if needing to sleep early early due to departure time at airport. Staff very willing and pleasantly moved us to the fifth floor and away from the elevator (507)

We stayed here overnight because of a very early flight the next morning. Our room was a nicely decorated and furnished room with a very comfortable King size bed. The airport shuttle was free and leaves every hour on the hour. The driver was curteous and friendly.

it was all good.

it was very clean, comfy bed and friendly staff. good food and generally lovely atmosphere. also pool and spa were very nice. thank you..

• Double Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

The sofa cama was old and not comfotable. When somebody needs to use the sofa, it should be a person who assist passenger to organize it. Lights were not good Breakfast service was good except for the service of a young cook who was thinking on the leave instead of the person in front of him.

Front desk service very good!! Room and hotel clean

First night stay before cruise. Booked a king size with Booking.com. Arrived late and they didn’t have any king size rooms. Had to spend the first night of my vacation in separate beds from my wife. Talked with the manager and she did accommodate our complaint by a rate reduction and covered our transfer to and from the cruise port and made sure we had the king room for our night after the cruise Stayed a 2nd night and all was good with getting a king room however the air conditioning in this room was broken and when it turned on a swear there was a freight train coming through. To the point you had to raise your voice to hear each other. Spent the night with the AC turned off as there was no sleeping with that thing on. Because we arrived late again it was too late to change rooms. This time when we mentioned it they provided another small room reduction and let us take some water from the lobby snack store. The staff were all fantastic and very helpful with out issues. I cannnot Fault the staff. They were great! The hotel itself was clean and just fine for what it was. It’s showing a little wear here and there but generally pretty good if you don’t look too close. Good for 1 night when catching a cruise or flight.

Staff where fantastic and accommodating to a few issues we had.

I was there for one night layover during a spring break transition weekend so understand the room rate was higher than normal but still value for money wasn’t there

Staff were good

We had to wait about 90 minutes to be picked up from the airport. When we called we were told a van would be there in 10 minutes. We had to call back. Area hotel vans had been there twice before we were picked up.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I thought the price was a little expensive but understand it was peak cruise time.

Very nice hotel, good location and especially liked the shuttle service to the restaurants.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room

Dingy place. No one to help with bags.

I arrived at 10pm and there was no reservation. he said there was only one other booking and there wasn't one for me. I won't be booking through booking.com again. The front desk agent honoured the rate but it had gone up to 385 a night.

Not worth it’s price. We’ve changed the room twice. In first there were dirty sheets and black hairs(!) in bed. Second room had a smell of cigarettes. Third room was ok. Too expensive. Not recommend.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Call to get the shuttle to pick us up at airport was a disaster. Could not understand the individual who answered. He not provide adequate directions where to meet the hotel shuttle, which resulted in delays and multiple calls for clarification. Recommend you provide written instructions regarding where and how to arrange the shuttle rides for your guests.

We wished there had been a bar or restaurant on property even though we arrived after dinnertime, it is nice to unwind after a day of travel.

I used the hotel for one night prior to leaving on a cruise. The location was exactly what I hoped for since we arrived late at night and there was a complimentary shuttle to the property from the airport. Making arrangements to get to the cruise port was seamless in the morning.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room

The air. con. was a bit noisy at night but this is the only fault I could find.

Staff were wonderfully helpful and very friendly. Décor and dining area was well kept and very nice. Breakfast area was pleasant and the staff very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

In the room: Crappy coffee creamer and not enough supplied. Not enough coffee either. Give some quality half and half (Byrne dairy!) Hot tub not hot! Talked to from desk,told them, they called mainenence, but no one showed up. We were in and near hot tub waiting for an hour. It was less than body temperature.

People were nice!!

The check in staff was not friendly. The breakfast was not included. Short staffed for breakfast and restaurant in general. Food was not great. The room was not adequately stocked with snacks. I prefer real glasses in rooms over plastic.

• Deluxe Quadruple Room

I know it wasn't your fault that the city busted a water main but with no water to be able to take a shower, the staff should have compensated their customers. All they were interested in was blaming it on the city and not interested in making a bad situation a better customer experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Like I said ,it was only one night but if that was anything to go by I would definitely stay there again..

It was a short stay,just one night,due to issue at airport. But I have to say the staff stood out as extremely welcoming and friendly,would highly recommend the hotel.

Broken coffee maker and the night room service personal he needs to go attend manage care school. Pick up at airport staff needs to stop in every station and give a smile. He look like someone owd him something.

The room was clean, but coffee maker did not work, after calling room service the second time a moron disrespectful in dividual hang up because he was NOT my server. I had to wait to long to be pick up by the Hilton Garden Inn staff. My flight was from Philadelphia Pa area we left at 4:30 P.M. arrive at Fort Lauderdale, Florida at 7:30 P.M.. The driver from Hilton Garden Inn, skip the area we were assign to be pick up. I had to call front desk 3 times because the drive kept going around. There were many guest that had to take taxis to the hotel. He pick us up around 10:00. I am a Hilton Honor client HQ should check what is going on with there personnel. I will NOT book again here.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Confusion at the airport about where to catch the shuttle ... and then the driver was venting about how it's always a problem. The hotel and room itself seemed a little run-down; restaurant staff were rushed at the end of breakfast although one person did find me some milk for coffee (but then coffee was cold).

We really liked the way the room had been visibly cleaned - drawers were open and the cushion from the chair looked as though it had been cleaned well too. We also enjoyed the pool!

The check in could have been more pleasant I am not sure but I think his name was Andrés, he looks like he is not happy to be working hear. Rolled his eyes, not very helpful or patient when answering questions . He should not be the first interaction here because it sets the tone / expectation of the hotel off to a bad start. Also heard him over the phone taking to a guest and somewhat rude like they were bothering him. candy on the other hand was very pleasant and patient and got us checked in. Other Hilton hotels gives at least a cookie for being a Hilton honors members

The room size and pillows. Nice flower touch and towel on the bed

Interior and exterior decor was exquisite. Staff friendly and accommodating and the room was clean and neat with extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Close proximity to restaurants and shopping mall.

Around 7:30pm the restaurant/bar was getting busy. The bar tenders especially one of them was so distracted by the women and his social life he didn't even notice or tend to new clients. The clients had to go to him to put an order in several times. He (the bar tender) was sitting at one of the tables chatting for over 15 minutes. After waiting for my check for over 15 min. I went to the front desk and complained. The person let me pay my check there. Terrible service!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

My card was run several times by the hotel and when I asked the desk about it I was told that Booking.com had done that, not the hotel. Only after calling Booking.com and having them contact the hotel was the matter cleared up. Also, perhaps they could offer breakfast a bit earlier for those of us who have early flights.

The proximity to the airport is great. Also, the staff were friendly, but not overly helpful

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Photos did not show that this is an older hotel.

Breakfast was good. Facility has Old Florida look, but clean and well maintained. Location is very convenient to the FLL airport, and free shuttle was provided.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

When we got to the room - it had 2 double beds. When I inquired at the desk they said they were sold out. I ended up taking my reservation paperwork to the front desk, we were eventually moved to a room with a king bed....

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

Shower /tub had a screw in the water temp control preventing water from being comfortably warm, also the rail had a loose metal ring /decorative cover.

Staff was friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

A little expensive

We only stayed one night on our way to our college tournament. Was a little expensive but it was the beginning of Sorog Break so we expected that. The staff was amazing and very helpful. Breakfast was wonderful and the rooms were roomy and clean. Loved the relaxed atmosphere

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Wifi very slow and unreliable. Staff were indifferent. Breakfast was $12.95 per person. Room rate high for what you get.

Shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Decent meal at restaurant.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

We booked three rooms for two nights. One room was infested with ants. Even after housekeeping cleaned and treated, the ants were still present. Hotel did compensate the room for one night. Rooms could use some updating for the price they charge. Rooms were clean but furniture and carpet are old. There was an overpowering perfume smell in the hallway at all times. If you do eat the breakfast buffet, I suggest ordering directly from the cooks unless you like runny powdered scrambled eggs. Restaurant seating area is not adequate for a sold out hotel on cruise departure days. Speaking of cruise departure, do yourself a favor and arrange for private transportation that day. Between hotel check out and waiting for hotel shuttle, the lobby is a chaotic cluster of people.

Staff was very nice. This is the second time we stayed here before a cruise due to price and location. First time was six years ago. Location is convenient to cruise port and a short walk to area shops and restaurants. Hotel offers a local shuttle which we used a few times but did not use the hotel shuttle to take us to the cruise port. Onsite restaurant was convenient but pricey for breakfast buffet offerings.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Room just seemed a bit old with stipple ceiling and walls just painted over to look fresh rather then replaster

Location was good from Airport and to ferry Port

The room had a very bad smell, I searched the whole room thinking there was a dirty diaper somewhere. I finally came to the conclusion it was in the AC. Since our stay was to simply sleep & shuttle to the airport I did not complain. We were there only about 9 hours total.

We chose the hotel because you offered a shuttle to & from the airport & provided off-site parking at a better rate. I feel like you should offer the same rate as the websites with Cheap Parking, around $5/night - not a flat rate regardless of $10.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

I was double charged for the evening, so either booking.com messed up or the hotel did, still trying to sort it out, not happy about this. why do I have to chase around to fix it ??????? me thinks I will skip both Hilton and booking. com in the future unless they step up their game and fix this.

hotel was excellent, but pillows were toooooooo flat and made sleeping difficult, otherwise very good

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Beds were uncomfortable compared to beds in other hotels I've recently stayed. Wine choices were not as good as other Garden Inns. Small lobby area compared to other Garden Inns. Shuttle to airport was only on the hour and would have been nice to have it every half hour. And, you had to call from airport for pickup which was hard to find the info for.

The concept of a Garden Inn. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Staff were extremely helpful. They couldn't do enough for you. We enjoyed everything. Hot tub, pool area. Breakfast could have been warmer but no big problem.

• Junior King Suite

Upon arrival the hotel had put a dum dum sucker on one of the beds. This attracted hundreds of ants. No one was available to remedy the situation

Rides to dinner

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

The lobby area looks a little run down. Chairs look well used.

Located near many restaurants and shopping if you don't have a car. They also have a shuttle service to the shopping areas. We stayed here before our cruise out of Miami. The shuttle for our cruise came and picked us up right at the front door. We didn't have to rent a car. Hotel Shuttle runs to and from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

All was good; nothing bad.

The front desk staff were great; very helpful (Mike). Gave us directions to some local attractions and the best way to get there.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

There were no restaurants in walking distance from the hotel.

It was a nice and relaxing facility. We stayed there to increase our vacation by two days and to be close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

The hot tub was scorching hot and almost gave me first degree burns when I stepped in! I had to make a hasty retreat and call for maintainance to look at it. They checked the temp and the facial expression of the guy spoke volumes as to how hot it was. They immediately turned it off. Unfortunately it was taking too long to fix and I ended up going on the road so I didn't get to enjoy it. 2nd issue was I had to endure the sound of the heavy machines that were working on a site next door. One machine in particular would raise a heavy concrete block and slam it on the ground which physically shook the hotel so much so initially I jumped up and ran to the door thinking it was an earthquake.

The best part was the breakfast made by a jamaican chef I think his name was Luis. Our breakfast was made fresh and if my tummy wasn't full I would go for round 2!

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Deluxe Quadruple Room

The breakfast was horrible had to pay 42 dollars for 4 people and didn't like it.my kids got hard biscuits and 2 bottle water and didn't eat it and got charged.

The area to cruise port

No complimentary breakfast.

Very well maintained.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was charged twice, now contesting one.

Booking.com price

Not clean

Staff are great

Near the expressway, Not far from Miami and West Palm Beach

Bigger beds needed

The bed was worn out

The location was great for an overnight prior to cruise.

I prefer to stay at hotels with free breakfast, just don't like to have to worry about it

Nice hotel , clean, very comfortable

Noisy airconditioning

Location, staff, brekfast

• King Room - Disability Access

The staff was amazing and the room spacious, clean, and comfortable!

Could not get the WiFi to work. Shuttle to airport only runs once per hour

Nice little restaurant. Friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The PA system from the pool was on all night and the sound of the base came into our room.

Everything was great

Long check in line

Airport shuttle

The breakfast was great, staff was friendly and attentive. Shuttle service was amazing

the low hum of noise in the room: I had difficulty sleeping because of the deep noise going on and off

comfortable bed

Time it took the hotel folk to pick us up at airport.

Survive Room was very clean

Confortable, near restaurants and stores. Shuttle that picks you up at airport. Awesome.

Pricing

Accomendations

At nearly $300, price was a tad high for a Hilton Inn.

Excellent service. Comfortable bed, spacious room, and easy access to airport.

TV picture appeared to be buffering. Not an enjoyable watch.

Pool

Location, pool area and business centre.

I liked the pool larger than other hotels the hot tub was a plus