Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth/Fossil Creek 3 stars

4400 North Freeway, Fort Worth, TX 76137, USA

#56 of 90 hotels in Fort Worth

• King Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

miscommunication between booking.com and the property - failing to reserve a room, yet providing a confirmation number to my booking.

Booking.com and the property had some issue which failed to provide my reservation (which I had a confirmation code and pin). The hotel was full, luckily there was a couple who were leaving early and cancelled their room as we were trying to sort out the confusion at the front desk. The receptionist at the hotel was very helpful in getting us squared away with a room.

• King Room - Hearing Disability Access

Parking was kind of tightly spaced and the pool was a lot smaller than portrayed in pics. Not a deal breaker by any means! Overall a great hotel!

Very clean facilities and very friendly staff! Bed was super comfy! Would definitely stay again!

• Queen Room

I am handicapped and they gave us directions to our room that required climbing several stairs that did not have a stair rail. they did rectify the problem after I went back to the front desk. the lift chair at the pool was not usable when I went to the pool

room was very comfortable, breakfast was great, van drivers were very friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room

One of the ladies working the breakfast area was rude and restroom in room smelled weird.

The ladies in the front were extra helpful, breakfast was really good, and arrived earlier than planned and was able to check in earlier.

The front looks so nice and smells so nice but when you get to elevator the place seems to fall apart! The floors are squishy - like they have been wet and trash is everywhere!!! The same trash that was piled up by the elevator the night before was still there the next morning!

The breakfast was good!

The rooms are small, tight. Bathroom door opens blocking entry door. Narrow walkway between bed and TV stand; banged shin on it twice. TV remote/service slow and not user friendly.

Pool area in good shape. Coffee was good!

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast - eggs/omelette a large menu, freshly made waffles/French toast/pankakes. Complimentary refreshments/coffee/water in the lobby. Welcome gift for HiltonHonors members.

• Queen Room

No security staff, no cameras in the hotel. The staff are so dumb and do not have any intelligence at all. I could get my cell phone back but they did not help me.

Nothing, the staff did not help me when someone took my cel phone. Even when i told them who was.

Things could have been a bit more updated room wise considering it’s the Hilton. Something to consider.

Overall the hotel accommodated our needs and we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay.

The shuttle bus took us to and from the stockyards so that made it much easier on us. The staff was amazing especially the driver, poor guy having to deal with fleeing adults all night! We will definitely stay here again.

• King Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

Walls are thin, I could hear everything in both rooms. At night it was too quiet in the room, I’m the type that has to have a fan or noise maker to sleep.

Food was great,staff was attentive.

• Queen Room

Just wanted to thank the shuttle driver (I'm sorry I don't remember his name - we were there on Friday, March 2nd) He was so nice and told us all about the Stockyards when he dropped us off.

• Queen Room

One of the desk clerks was VERY hard to understand on the phone. Ugh!

We especially liked the way the staff took over when we wanted to go out and couldn’t get an Uber large enough for my party. Can’t think of his name but he was a hoot! Fun!

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Unhappy that I wasn't able to get a refund and cancel the first night as we didn't need it. I did call over a week in advance, but was told I couldn't cancel. I won't stay here again because of that even though everything else was nice.

Their were 8 of us staying in 3 different rooms. Check in was at 4 and we got there at 4:30 and we waited in the lobby to at least 5:30 and the ladys up front could not give us a time frame when we were going to be able to get our rooms so we just sat there and waited. Could not even eat the breakfast unless you had a voucher and the other couple didn’t not even get one when they checked in. So the couple could not even eat breakfast.

The guy that drove the shuttle was super nice and an awesome driver. He worked feb 3 night.

• Queen Room

Everything was better than any experience I have had during my extensive travels.

Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Staff were outstanding, professional, and went over the top with service. Breakfast made to order with table service was delicious. Pool hours and Spa were great for us.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Heater only had one setting. Could not adjust. They even charged for the small breakfast. They also had a $10.00 breakfast that was great.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean.

Front desk personnel attitudes were less than desirable. Was hard to get to , especially with all the construction. For the Price, continental breakfast should be included.

Comfortable bed, spacious room

• King Room - Hearing Disability Access

Had to pay for breakfast, staff was cussing at the front desk while guests around, I had paid for a smoking room with a king sized bed and waa given a non-smoking with 2 beds.

• Queen Room

Double confirmed my room and overdrew my account. Room not ready at checkin.

The overall stay was not bad. Had a few issues when we arrived at 4pm to check in. The room was not ready so had to wait almost an hour. This was a big game weekend for the Rangers and the Cowboys and were told they were fully booked and had people check out late so cleaning staff was behind. We were given free breakfast the next morning (well worth it!) to make up for the wait. While we only ate the breakfast I can tell the other food would have been just as good! The only other issue I had was they confirmed my room twice so had no access to my funds on my debit card. They did attempt to make up for that by crediting about $8 in snacks we charged to the room. I would definitely stay here again without exception. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make something right if needed.

• Queen Room

Very small breakfast offer, too little for money. I expect more from Hilton Garden than coffee self-service in paper cups and only one toaster for 100 guests. Water damage in bathroom poor repaired

Staff was endeavored to meet the requirements.

• Queen Room

Our first room the TV. wouldn't stay on.Room a little crowded for 4. We were moved to a second room as soon as we reported the problem. Our second room was just as clean and compfy as the 1st but had like 100 more sq. feet. there was 4 of us so not sure why we weren't given this room to start. We only ate breakfast on 1 morning out of three, it was delicious however our tab was almost 50$ . Quite expensive for breakfast. on our last morning we were awakened by the blaring fire Alarm that went on for awhile. No fire. :/ . Not the hotels fault but due to multiple roads closed this place was very very hard to get to. And 2 vehicles were broken into during the night.

the beds were clean and fluffy. The room temp was great when we arrived. Enjoyed an outdoor and an indoor pool. And that there was a small restaurtant in the Hotel.

• Queen Room

THERE WAS A LOT OF FREEWAY CONSTRUCTION AROUND THE HOTEL THAT WAS CONFUSING TO MANEUVER. FORTUNATELY, THAT'S A TEMPORARY INCONVENIENCE.

THE HOTEL IS BEAUTIFULLY APPOINTED AND DECORATED. THE GROUNDS ARE MANICURED AND WELL CARED FOR. THE STAFF ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. THE ROOMS AND BEDS ARE MOST COMFORTABLE AND PROVIDED EVERYTHING WE NEEDED FOR A GREAT STAY.

• Queen Room

The food in their restaurant took forever. Then they tell us 2 times their was not a certain kind of food after we ordered it. Though they tried to charge us for it as well. Had to talk to the waitress so she would take it off. Never eating their again.

Love that their is 2 pools, one indoor and one Outdoor.

• King Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

Cleanliness, needs renovations, pool was dirty, free continental breakfast wasn't free. Both of the phones in our room didn't work when we tried to order room service. Definitely a bit pricey for what it lacked

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Queen Room

Bed was too hard for me & Booking.com said this would be a smoking room but when we got there we were informed it was a nonsmoking facility. Update the info, please

Staff was very friendly & helpful. Lobby was clean & welcoming. The water that was sat out for guest was amazing.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Queen Room

The inability of staff to handle difficult guest in the adjoining room who were having a knock down drag out brawl after an hour long screaming match at 2:00 AM. Not the hotels fault for the altercation but not handling the situation in a timely manner for all other families/guest in the immediate area sure made it difficult to get a good night's rest. Still an awesome, family oriented hotel!

Great, friendly staff who always had a smile on their face when they greeted their guest.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

No continental breakfast. 10 bucks is a little expensive for a breakfast. We went to Cracker Barrel! Also, since booking with Booking.com - they wouldn't give a receipt upon leaving.

Clean.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The food, breakfast for $10.95 was awful. However I did get a burger and fries later on and that was very good. So maybe, work on breakfast. The location is not good for those without a car. Shuttle service to attractions would be nice.

The room was spacious and clean . Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Location is far from the airport and Fort Worth and there is no free airport shuttle

Very clean, nice pool area and super friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast choices

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

My keurig wasn't working. I love my morning coffee and was tormented by the caribou that I longingly looked at , but couldn't brew.

Comfy bed, very helpful staff

• Queen Room

Very comfortable. One reason chosen was for the shuttle service to Billy bobs. Excellent service and great driver, Charlie Garcia.

• Queen Room

The beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were clean

• Queen Room

They had a shuttle that took you to down town Fort Worth.

All goid

Very friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful grounds.

You

• Queen Room

My shower never really had hot water, but I survived.

They had the best pancakes I have ever ate.

Personable and friendly staff. Great customer service.

Na

The hotel is in a great location. There is easy access on & off 35W. We liked the wide hallways.

• Queen Room

I really enjoyed my stay the staff was very nice and the room was excellent very clean

• Queen Room

The free shuttle to stockyards

• Queen Room

The breakfast was expensive, but overall an amazing stay

• King Room - Hearing Disability Access

The staff was always friendly and helpful, the breakfast chefs were wonderful!

• Queen Room

We didn’t love the location.

Breakfast was very good with lots of choices and the staff was friendly and very friendly.

Cost of breakfast

The shuttle service was phenomenal, Kevin was a great asset in our planning. Thanks

Our air didn’t work well, but we are not complainers, the hotel was fully booked we just went with it!

The staff was amazing!

Pillows:(. Not comfortable

Staff were great!

Everything was horrible

• Queen Room

The rooms were nice but there was a few things that needed repair in room.

Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Noisy air conditioner

Clean

• Queen Room

No continental breakfast! Coffee was awful!!!

Location was close to our softball field.

• King Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

There was an Extra charge for breakfast. As if $125 plus tax a night isn't enough to cover it.

Easy parking, lounge area outside

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Bed was comfy and the staff was great

The staff was so nice and the room itself was amazing. Very comfortable beds, very clean room.

Obscure location Poor air conditioner

Nice staff, clean, quiet.

• Queen Room

Price of breakfast, I ate bowl of cereal and cup of coffee. $5.95 for something most hotels of this level offer free.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Queen Room

do to road construction was very difficult to get to.

Great facility & staff

• Queen Room

Construction zone - very difficult to get to due to closed exits etc

Staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• King Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

To high for the room that I got it wasn't worth it

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great facilities. Centrally located

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Cost

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Room

Due to construction, very difficult to get to. Bed very uncomfortable!

The staff was very friendly, establishment was clean.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• King Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

Not near anything. Must have a car or taxi

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Reception and the sound on TV for PPV movie were awful, we could not keep up with the show. Bathroom door sticks.Sundries were limited and expensive as was your breakfast. In room coffee was not replenished, and accessories were unavailable. not really a great place for extended stay.

Beds were very comfortable. Rooms were very clean. good place for transit.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

The walls are paper thin. The people in the room next to us had morning events at 7AM on their bed and it woke us up! I was very unhappy about that because we planned to sleep in and didn't get to!! Even ended up checking out earlier than planned because of it!!

The staff, hotel and room was clean and very nice!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

We had to pay the price of 230 something while our friend who had booked two rooms - one for us and we didn't know it and she is a Hilton honors member had two rooms at 114 each and she ended up canceling one when she found out I had also booked and when we got there we tried to get her other room back I didn't have a choice but this king with a couch and had to pay the 230 something - Also a little disappointing that breakfast did not come with the price of the room

Staff was excellent and very accommodating. We were concerned that we were so far away and with construction being so far away from our 14 yr old at the Stockyards - desk clerk tried to move us

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

This hotel offers no shuttle service.

We stayed at this property earlier this year while visiting the Fort Worth Stockyards. The hotel is conveniently located only a few short miles from that destination, which is one reason we chose to stay there again last weekend.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms were beautifully set up and extremely clean the walls had to of been made soundproof because you couldn't hear anything from your neighbors. Everything was simply fantastic!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

We left another hotel in Fort Worth as it was too noisy and we got a really good deal here. It was only a ten minute drive from the historic district and was just lovely. Staff were great, room was beyond confortable, pool was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

There was only 1 person working the check-in/check-out counter. She did not double-check which credit card to charge to. We did not want to charge to the card used for reservations. We used my mom's credit card. My mom handed her the card to use for this overnight stay. The clerk even said that the incidentals would be charged to this card. However, in the end, the whole entire bill (overnight + breakfast) was charged to my reservation card. When I got home to Houston and realized $171.00 was charged to my card, I had to spend no less than 3 hours from start to finish to get this mistake corrected. It took numerous phone calls, faxing, and calling again to get this straight. It could have all been avoided if the clerk had simply asked which card to put the charge on. Most everywhere I have ever stayed, the clerk has asked. I was not at the desk when my 85 year old mom was handling the check-in, or I would have made sure. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to share my experience and disappointment. Sincerely, Teri Tidmore (May 23/24, 2015) Room 314

Generally friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Very courteous staff.Always acknowledged you whether in elevator or housekeeper (Ann) in halls. Room not huge, but appointed very nicely, including a microwave, refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker. It was great access to Ft. Worth Stockyards for a great price! Thank you!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

It was awesome!

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Construction around location

Service

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Short stay. Clean room, good shower, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

There wasn't qtips or shower caps We had to pay for breakfast

There are also 54 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.