Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers 3 stars

12600 University Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33907, USA

#22 of 39 hotels in Fort Myers

Very good business stay

I just found it freaking cold everywhere and at breakfast tables outside could be prepared too, I would have preferred to be outside, although I'm aware I'm probably an exception. Maybe different milk kinds would be great for vegan people.

The bed (kingsize) was fabulous, it was so comfortable. The room had a decent size so I could even roll out my yoga mat. Really liked the breakfast. The chef cook at breakfast even gave me avocado extra as he saw that I liked it, that's what I call service.

Totally worth it

The tv kept going down cause of the satellite

I loved the refreshing lemon soaked in water , the frost desk people were very helpful, room was read when we arrived, it is very quiet

Our stay was fine.

Updates & some maintenance is needed. (Window was leaking & bathtub/shower area needed some updating. Elevator was very slow)

Nice & clean place and bed was very comfortable.

Pleasant

When I paid they said breakfast wasn’t included, when I looked it up it said included, she said I must have clicked on the wrong room although it was the same price room no breakfast

Too quick

Bathroom floor in the disabled room was a bit slippery

We were attending a wedding and I was able to call ahead and ask for early check in. When I got to the hotel - our room was already.

Nights stay was NOT worth almost $300

My room had a musty odor,I tried opening the window,to let some fresh air into the room but I couldn’t get the window to open also the toilet kept getting stopped up. Overall I paid almost $300 for a restless night.I expect better for a Hilton Hotel.

The location is great

Bed was comfortable

Carpet in Hall was disgusting. Badly stained. Bathroom needed renovating, could smell smoke. Only 1 elevator working. Breakfast not included. Bad value for the money, would not stay at this hotel again.

Bed was comfortable

Didn't live up to the price
    • King Suite

Elevator was out of order, expensive yet breakfast was not included, hallway carpet was filthy, no glasses just paper cups, slow WiFi unless you pay, too expensive to have all these issues.

Very comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, microwave, kuerig and fridge in room, nice TV.

Will never go back again.
    • King Suite

The hallway carpets were extremely discussing. My bathtub was so old it no longer had a shine. Once the front desk found out that I booked thru booking.com I was not treated like a Hilton member.

Location and breakfast included package

The staff was beyond friendly & happy, willing to help.

Garbage cans outside hotel & in lobby were always overflowing. Carpet in halls were stained but rooms were nice.

The staff was beyond friendly & happy, willing to help.

Would recommend to family and friends.
    • King Suite

The choice of coffee placed in the rooms could have been of a better flavor. Ie. Kristy Kream . Folgers. Maxwell house.

Would recommend to family and friends. And I will stay here next time I am in town.

Horrible

Everything was bad including encountering 2 drunk guys in the elevator with bottles of beer opened in their hands walking thru all the hotel they looked like contruction workers, all bathrooms clogged, smelly room

I would stay at this hotel again.

There are a lot of LED lights in the room (clock, microwave, heating and cooling controls) that I covered with various things so I could sleep. The carpeting in the halls and public areas should probably be replaced in the not-to-distant future, as they are stained in places and are showing signs of wear.

The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are a good size and nicely appointed and the room is spacious. Breakfast was good and had something for everyone. The staff was helpful and friendly.

The desk service was not accommodating on the final night of my stay.

On the final night of my stay, a party was by my room. There were many people in the room talking and laughing very loudly. It took me making 3 calls to the service desk before the staff person would move me. On the third call, the staff person said “I came up to the 3rd floor and didn’t hear anything.” I guess she really didn’t believe or take my concern seriously. Very frustrating. This service, made an otherwise enjoyable stay, very disappointing.

The bed in my second room was very comfy

The best hospitality, food and housekeeping ever.

We were there before and after hurricane Irma. We could not have stayed in a better place. We were treated like family from the manager to the housekeeping staff. We have NEVER been treated like we were at any other hotel!!

average at best.

Waited 20 minutes at the desk for check out no one ever showed up. Had to leave. Called when I was on the road.

They were doing construction on the floor sometimes you could not get up to your room. Aggravating. Could not come and go as I wanted.

Location was convenient to my near by business meetings

I expect more from a Hilton Rooms smells like mould/damp , this could be from AC

Location was convenient to my near by business meetings Staff was friendly Comfortable but nothing special

Overall...a very nice weeklong stay! I would do it again...

A minor thing....getting into and out of the location......only one entrance and it was almost hidden. It is behind another building....after the first time...great, it was just finding it the first time while getting in late at night....

Staff and management were outstanding.......

It was a comfortable alternative to driving 2 hours to my meeting
    • King Suite

Cthe digital clocks in the room were waaaay wrong. The mattress was hard. It def needed a memory foam topper. And the dead bolt would not lock from poor alignment.

Lobby was welcoming w snacks and very very helpful staff. Room was spacious and well laid out. Nice large shower/tub.

Staff friendly but no oversight for noisy guests in middle of night.

It took a long time to find a staff member, I had to request a room change in the middle of the night because to people in the next room were loud, kids screaming, and no one around to help me at the front desk. Eventually the front desk person shows up and I requested a quiet room away from other guests. I was there on business and got very little sleep.

Breakfast buffet was good. Bedding was comfortable. Cold air good.

Just average

The facility was a bit dirty. No pool towels available food very expensive on site for such an average hotel. I've stayed at many Hilton Gardens but this one is definitely below average to those I've stayed at in the past.

The staff was amazing. Parking very convenient

Staff was very nice smooth check-in.

The bed was not comfortable at all it was hard as a rock. The hot tub did not get hot at all..

Staff was very nice smooth check-in. Room was clean and smelled good.

When Marshall served breakfast, you got eggs.

The website led you to think you had an airport shuttle, NOT at this location. IT SHOULD BE CHANGED.

When Marshall served breakfast, you got eggs. BEST EMPLOYEE

A great stay in Fort Myers

The pool area needs a little bit more attention with pool towels being checked for availability. Also the used pool towels need to be picked up more frequently. It would be nice if they hosed down the loungers in the mornings as there is quite a bit of bird "activity" in that area. I heard other guests complain of the hot tub not being clean so I did not venture there to check it out. So perhaps that needs to be attended to more often.

The pool water was heated. Gayle at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. My room was clean and up to date. Breakfast choices and the dining area were wonderful, neat and clean! The WiFi always was available and worked well. The lobby was very neat, clean and had plenty of space to sit. Housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful, too!

great experience
    • King Suite

Bed not as soft as I would like

Great room met my accommodations well. We left items my accident. The manager called and said they would mail them to us. Very pleased with our stay

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

A little piece of happiness

The staff were amazing and I enjoyed Fried Fish Friday. I got stuck in Fort Myers for 2 nights due to weather and the hotel and its staff were a piece of happiness in this frustration.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Good price, 15 min drive to Sanibel Island.

Could have used a few more towels for the three of us.

Good price, 15 min drive to Sanibel Island. Movie theater and lots of restaurants within 5-10 min drive. Nice salt water fish tank in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The chocolate chip cookies at the counter!

The hot tub was broken all weekend. It wouldn't get warm. They had to keep resetting it, which took about 2 hours for it to reheat. We are paying high prices to stay there since it's in season and we couldn't use the hot tub, which is the reason why we wanted to stay there. Management needs to get that fixed asap permenatly. It's not fair to the customers paying all this money and can't use it.

The chocolate chip cookies at the counter!

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

There was significant condensation gathering above the...

There was significant condensation gathering above the window and mold was highly visible. The whole HVAC system did not seem well-designed for the Florida climate.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Surprising good value.

Upon entering, the room had a musty smell. After a while, you would get used to it and not notice it anymore. Also, the tub was a little slippery and the single grab bar was poorly located if needed to prevent a fall.

The beds were very comfortable and the various amenities (Microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer) all worked and were useful. A very good value for the price.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Loved the quality and the size of the room.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

I wish there was a free continental breakfast option on top of the nicer $10 buffet.

Loved the quality and the size of the room. Also how close it was to the venue I was working out of for the week.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Could have been better

The carpet in the room was not clean. It could have used some vacuum. The room had a smell of humidity.

The location was good and also the breakfast (not included in the price of the room)

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Better value and more comfortable hotels at this price point

Poor value. Loud music from a band on Saturday night which reverberated through the hotel until nearly midnight. Wanted an early nights sleep but kept awake because of the loud music.

Free parking

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

mixed experience

dog barking in next room woke us at 3:00 a.m. When telling the front desk clerk about this, learned that there is not a separate floor for guests to stay with pets, so this is a problem. additionally, desk clerk did not offer to comp our breakfast as a gesture of good will. breakfast is an additional $10.95 a person while front lobby is nice and inviting, the room itself felt tired and dated.

entry area is inviting server at breakfast was very attentive.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

BUGS IN ROOM
    • King Suite

The carpets were filthy, we had palmetto bugs(roach) in our room. They were at first reluctant to give a replacement room. Stating bugs are not a good reason. YES IT IS.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Don't stay here

The first room we were checked into smelled like mildew and urine/feces. My son said, 'the chair smells like someone pooped on it!'. I had to ask to move, the second room smelled a little better, but the roll-away bed we requested wasn't available, then when the hotel found one, it had blood all over the mattress and the springs poked through the mattress. It wasn't made, so guests were expected to make the bloody mattress. We moved to a 3rd room, which had an air purifier in it, it still smelled like mould, but we stayed since we could not get a refund and bought an air mattress for our son. Do not recommend staying here.

Nice stay

Needs updates.Bathroom sink was cracked

Clean modern facility

The location to Disney Springs

Needs a sitting chair in room

The location to Disney Springs

The pictures made it look better than it really was.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The pictures made it look better than it really was.

Great room excellent staff. Very up bet and helpful.

Dirty, unprofessional, disorganized & overpriced for what we received!

Everything!

Bed was good

Good option for sanibel
    • King Room - Disability Access

Everything met expectations. Clean, comfy, and relatively close to sanibel.

Quiet location, yet close to retail and restaurants.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Make sure to check & confirm if breakfast is incl or not.

Quiet location, yet close to retail and restaurants.

Wonderful!

Hotel was clean and beautiful. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Ok eve PT for the hot water issue.

The hot water was tepid. No excuse for that.

All was acceptable except the price which was about 25% higher than it should be.

Professional Staff!

Professional Staff!

Very good

Being charged on a separate credit card especially without telling me

Comfortable room

I came in right after hurricane Irma and the staff at the...
    • Double Room - Disability Access

I came in right after hurricane Irma and the staff at the hotel was very accommodating.

Very disappointed Hilton

A/C Hot tub was broken Very dated furniture Very worn carpets

Excellent service, Excellent place

Excellent service, Excellent place

Florida

Service was poor. Rooms weren't cleaned properly

No commeny

No commeny

Friendly, clean and comfortable.
    • King Suite

Clean and comfortable. The coffe and tea bar.

Clean, friendly staff, nice property

The pillows were too soft. Made for a very uncomfortable sleep.

Clean, friendly staff, nice property

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Pillows were flat and not comfortable.

Pillows were flat and not comfortable. Bed was hard

bed was comfortable
    • King Suite

there was water on the carpet in my room and the business center computer and printer was extremely slow.

bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

The overall stay fantastic. I would recommend to friends any day
    • Hypoallergenic King Room

No complaints

I love everything about it

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

NA

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

No complimentary breakfast.

No complimentary breakfast. The beds too small. No sufficient towels and toilet paper

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Good place but not what I expected with my experience with other Hiltons

My face broke out in hives with whatever soap they wash the pillowcases with so that was very unpleasant

The location was perfect for our trip

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Nice entrance with water and coffee available.

It was old, needed refurbishing. The hallway carpets were stained and dirty. The decor's colors were obviously meant to cover dirt and stain, but did not. The room smelled musty. Our sheets had stains on them. The bathroom did not have a fan. No paper or notepads. Quite expensive....for the price, a small complimentary breakfast would be expected.

Nice entrance with water and coffee available. Restaurant available. Fluffy pillows, adequate size rooms. "Kitchenette" had coffee, tea supplies. Liked having the refrigerator and microwave option even though we did not use them. Iron and board.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

The breakfast staff was outstanding.

The breakfast staff was outstanding. Very attentive and friendly. Overall this is an excellent property. Everything I have come to expect from Hilton.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

So pleased with the comfort of the beds.

We couldn't fault anything.

So pleased with the comfort of the beds...... I wanted to take it home with me!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Very good Break for just 10 Dollar extra!

Very good Break for just 10 Dollar extra!

• Reviewed: 23 December 2015

Bed comfortable

Ac unit didn't work Rugs dirty Tired bathroom Shower nozzle loose

Bed comfortable Staff pleasant

• Reviewed: 21 November 2015

Was suitable for a business trip but not holiday

Found the waiter at breakfast quite hostile and rude, not welcoming or helpful

Was suitable for a business trip but not holiday

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Breakfast , service and price.

Breakfast , service and price.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

Comfortable beds clean room very nice staff and very helpful

Breakfast was expensive.

Comfortable beds clean room very nice staff and very helpful

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The staff went out of their way to be helpful.

The staff went out of their way to be helpful. Especially Clint. The location was great and well-managed. Good value.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2015

Staff was friendly.

Hot tub closed. Pillows terrible. Room had musty smell.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

Beautiful place.

The bed was to stiff woke up with a backache. No nice views from hotel.

Beautiful place. Very clean and staff was very nice and helpful

There are also 49 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.