Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head 3 stars

1575 Fording Island Road, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926, USA

#21 of 38 hotels in Hilton Head Island

• Queen Room

Meals were costly. We ate on the island. Nearly $12 per person for breakfast would've been very high for a family staying with children.

The super friendly staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Cost for quality of the breakfast

Nice facility. Little disappointed that cheaper hotels don’t charge for breakfast. Pay twice as much for room and $12 breakfast was not better than complimentary breakfasts at some hotels

• Queen Room

The room was dark and poorly laid out. I am not sure if it was a handicap room or not. If it was we were not given a choice. They also did not make the changes in our reservation we requested. Your booking service did not make it clear my reservation was prepaid and could not be cancelled. The hotel is not in Hilton Head but was actually off the island.

• Queen Room

Bathroom shower could be updated.

Staff was friendly, the room was updated, & the breakfast was amazing. Made to order french toast, full buffet, & great service. I was thoroughly impressed.

• Queen Room

The staff and mng were outstanding!

This was a back up hotel because the Sandinista was incompetent with our reservation. Staff was superb but the window treatments didn’t work and we were put in a handicap room.

• Queen Room

Everything exceeded my expectations. However, the dinner items may have been slightly overpriced, but the value was good for the convenience of there being an in home restaurant.

The staff went above and beyond to ensure my comfort. The breakfast and dinner was amazing, and they even served high quality alcoholic beverages. The rooms were almost soundproof and the beds were amazingly comfortable. The outdoor pool was open already, which is great for this time of year. The Hilton Head beaches were only about 8 miles away, and were just a straight shot from the hotel. I would definitely lodge here again!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

No hot tub, one of the two elevators was not working & was not being repaired during the 4 weekdays we were there. Lack of good traffic entrance if you are headed east - need to make a U-turn to get to hotel on very busy highway. Front desk staff did not go out of their way even slightly for a customer in front of me who had a very simple room switch issue.

Room was clean, check in was easy.

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

1. The front desk staff was rude at arrival. No air conditioning in the room. The price!! Once we finally got to a comfortable room... they still expected me to pay $149.00. I asked for additional discount at check out, cause I actually got 5 hours of rest, the front desk staff was rude. She managed to give dime additional $ off at checkout, however in my bank statement there are **Additional DEDUCTIONS** on hold, waiting to be deducted from my account!! WHY??? It’s NOT the amount the check out told me I would have to pay!!!! I would like clarification!!!

Beds were comfortable. The nighttime staff at the desk was very helpful! She was very responsible and quick to help me!!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Shade was broken, door look thing was broken, sheets didn't get made up till after 7pm, and then they weren't even changed! One elevator was broken....

The pool, the lobby, parking, very large room.

see above

No one showed up in morning to cook the eggs. No real coffee in room. I left a note for housekeeper on day 2 and she said sorry they were out. She said in her notye that I could call the desk if I wanted to. Poor service One of the 2 elevators was not working all weekend.

• Queen Room

The breakfast was not good at all. For $11.95, I expected more than just greasy food. I thought we would be served breakfast potatoes and got tator tots. The grits were chunky and not well mixed.

I really enjoyed the decor of the room. It was really nice and clean.

Fire alarm off three in the mourning you could hear people in other rooms talking laughing not much direction from desk people six dollars for a bottle beer thats crazy it really wasnt a bar with music tv really sucked mostly the noise was the main concern

Security

• Queen Room

Lighting in room area of microwave and coffee maker non-existing. Difficult to read instructions. Bathroom lighting very dim for applying make-up, etc. Doors into units shut with loud bang which is very upsetting and disturbing to everyone I am sure.

Liked that it had a refrigerator and microwave and Keurig coffee maker. Comfortable beds. Fairly quiet.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Signage in front of hotel difficult to see because palm tree obscured visibility. For those using GPS, be aware, that it took us on a circuitous route down several side roads which made no sense at all. Finally, we guessed as to how to access the hotel. It turned out we had to cross east bound (Rt 278) traffic to a turn about and then make a very difficult u-turn across heavy west bound traffic, (Rt 278) to access the property.

Beverage service.

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The only issue was if you ordered a meal there other then breakfast it took seemingly longer then it needed to.

The location and included amenities were great.

• Queen Room

Bar closed early and basically just a few bottles that the counter staff serve (lovely staff), same with restaurant, really will cook food to order and you eat in the foyer. Really hard to spot from the other side of the dual carriage-way, would be good to have better directions as we ended up driving a long way down to turn around to be on the right side of the road! Middle of no-where really but if you want a transit place then just the job.

Decent sized rooms, all clean, tidy and friendly. Lots of parking. You can walk to a couple of good restaurants on the outlet site next door in under 5 minutes.

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Did not like the cleanliness of the rooms. The corners of the rooms were a mess. The couch was filthy and the throw pillows should definitely be thrown out.

location was chosen due to attending a funeral close by. Location proved to be good.

• One-Bedroom King Junior Suite

Lack of parking in the garage, terrible location, stairs at entrance with only handicap elevator, not in Hilton Head, in Bluffton, South Carolina, breakfast not free, tacky rooms with small bathrooms, and bad water pressure.

The check out was easy

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

They went the extra mile to make our stay great. Such was not the case with your property on Abercorn rd. Savanna. If u want to contact me, it was so bad we will probably not book a Hilton because of it. We wanted to back to Hilton head.

• Queen Room

The room wasn't ready at 3pm as promised, and the lady at the front wasn't super helpful.

I liked almost everything about my stay here, my trip was great. The general manager was so sweet and helpful! My refrigerator was broke in the room once I got in, and the general manager actually came herself to check in and got it replaced quickly and had great suggestions for dinner and beaches when I asked :)

The fact that there was a whirlpool there the first time I was there but that is now no longer there very disappointing because I don't swim but find the whirlpool very relaxing

The location was perfect I loved the room size decor the bathroom the lobby staff parking was all great

Misleading. Booked on bookit about two hours prior to arrival. Location online says minutes to the beaches. Try 60+ Minutes. Tried to cancel through hotel but they said had to go through bookit. End story, paid 280.00 for this room because no one could refund. I find that slightly suspicious. Also paid 350.00 for another room at much nicer location/resort. Terrible customer service on both ends.

• Queen Room

We are non smokers and do to over booking we were given a smoker's room, but were quickly accommodated with another room and upgraded the next day.

Christina and the rest of the staff did an awesome job accommodating us after what could have been a most unfortunate situation do to the fact that the hotel had been over booked. Christina quickly rose to the situation rectifying the problem and in turn making our stay a wonderful experience. The rest of the staff, especially Ellie and her manager were very helpful as well. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Queen Room

Parking garage was located under building. The elevator was secure (key access only), however, the parking deck was not. Coming in late was a little scary.

Easy to get to. Beautiful surroundings

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The manager could have offered more when I described my situation. R there cold vending machine? Why no cont. Breakfast?

The staff suck No free breakfast Hate location Bed lumpy Carpet and rooms need facelift

• Queen Room

The adjustable mattresses were a joke. Nothing changed when I changed the adjustment. But half the mattress on one bed was collapsed when we got there. When we complained about it they tried to fix it but that night it collapsed again so we spun the mattress around to get the good side where we wanted it. The hotel was pretty mediocre and over priced for the mediocrity. Probably paying for the Hilton name but that name won't be worth much with offerings like this. I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

Convenient covered parking was the only really nice thing about staying here. There was nothing particularly good about the property. Pretty mediocre.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Sheets on bed were unclean. I had to purchase new ones from nearby Walmart. For for the amount of the hotels day I believe that should've been a complementary breakfast , which there wasn't. This hotel just could've been better in multiple ways. This only positive aspect was that the staff were very pleasant upon check-in.

Nice staff. The area surrounding the property were very nice.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Queen Room

You needed a room key to access the elevator from the parking garage. Upon arrival I don't have a room key and had to call the front desk for assistance. Frustrating.

The room was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

No vanity dwawas or storage in bathroom at all. No door to close off bedroom from living area. Closet doors and bathrooms could not be opened at the same time. Very dirty pillow cover on second layer of pillows. Looked like they had not been washed in years. We're not informed that all the carpet in each room were scheduled to be cleaned and the fire everything has to be off the floor.

Location and price.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

When I booked it on booking.com I put on there I was looking for a beach hotel and in their pictures it showed the beach but the hotel was almost 20 miles from the beach. I will never be back to Hilton head island. I will never book thru booking.com again

The motel is beautiful and the staff friendly and very accommodating

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Queen Room

Staff not very friendly or helpful. This was a bit more expensive then our usual hotels and did not offer some of the amenities we have come to expect.

Nice location, nice room.

The bed was awful, it had adjustable settings one side worked the other was flat. We were under the impression it was on the water by the photos and it was not.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Queen Room

I ended up with an allergic reaction on my arm. Probably from the detergent used for the sheets and/or towels. Also, the beds were really small... ended up having to sleep in the other bed so I could have room.

Great location! Super nice staff, and the lobby was gorgeous!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The atmosphere was excellent,your Customer service was awesome,we wold rate you all as%100.I would truly recommend ppl.please let me when you all have discounts an send coupons

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

I requested a wheelchair accessable room and they did not have a record of this. I was put in suite that had to have a bench set up in the bathtub so I could shower. The bench collapsed when my 79 year old mother sat on it. Luckily she was not injured. Had I have been the one, I would have been injured and missed my daughters wedding. I was not able to take a shower the entire time I was there. I complained to the management, expecting a decrease in my bill. I was informed since I booked through you, that my bill could not be compensated. So unless you can compensate my bill I will be warning all my travelers through women traveling together ( WTT) to warn all there friends not to use your company my membership is just under 100,000 women who are registered and get our newsletter. I will be writing an article on the pros and cons of using your booking site. I would like a financial compensation for my awful stay at a lovely hotel!!!!!!

Location size of the suite

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Queen Room

I thought it was a little expensive for how far it was from Hilton Head.

It was a very nice hotel with clean rooms and comfortable mattresses. The staff was friendly, although when we tried to check out very early in the morning, no one was there. But it was fine. We really didn't use the amenities, but it was a great place to shower and sleep after spending the days in Hilton Head.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Overbooked our queen suite. Gave us King suite but the pull out sofa was horrible. Embarrassed that a Hilton had such horrible mattress on pull out.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Queen Room

The air conditioner is too loud and the toilet runs a lot. The carpet needs shampooing in the room and hallways. We ordered food at the hotel and it took a very long time to bring the food out. Apparently, it was just one person responsible for the food and the cost is pricey for the amount you are given.

The location was great! The desk clerks were very nice.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Room

Room was just "so-so". For 200$ a night on a national chain, I expected much nicer. As will any Hilton Garden Inn, breakfast isn't included but should be.

Covered parking. Lobby was nice. As close to Hilton Head Island as you can get without being on the island.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Room

We were very unhappy with the location and our bathroom was not cleaned each day.

The free breakfast was yummy and had a variety of food from which to choose. Fun snacks included afternoon popcorn and early evening cookies. The front desk staff and manger were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The breakfast, not included in the hotel price, was around $10 per person. With 4 kids, that's just too much.

I liked how clean the whole facility was. I liked the look of the hotel and I liked that it was located near several food and shopping locations.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Queen Room

They needed to vacuum more often but the ladies were super nice!!

We enjoyed the to queen beds that had comfort adjustable knobs! The staff was very helpful as well

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

The bed was not very comfortable. Too soft and we sort of rolled into the middle.

Colin and Tichina were very fun and welcoming! The front desk staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• One-Bedroom King Junior Suite

The location was a little awkward. You had to pass the hotel then make a U turn to come back to it. It was hard to get in and out due to heavy traffic.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The bathroom roll-out shower was dirty. Not sure if it was mold or if it was just old and dirty! Behind the nightstand was very dusty, I'm sure the rooms do not get a major cleaning between check-ins!

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Queen Room

Just thought it was closer to a beach.

The rooms were clean & comfortable. Staff was very pleasant no matter who you were in contact with. Enjoyed visiting the gator, lol. Nice pool.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

It could use just a little more care in cleaning, but I'm a perfectionist :-) otherwise, pleasant stay.

Very professional kind staff. Pleasant room... Overall, I'm never disappointed in the service of Hilton/Hampton staff

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Restaurant staff could've been friendlier. Food on the buffet were dry. Lobby restrooms were dirty and in need of repair. Toilets were clogged. In room bathroom needs updating. Shower appeared very old.

Front desk staff was very friendly. Loved the parking garage...especially helpful with keeping the car cool in the South Carolina June heat.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was very nice. The staff was great and they even gave us late check out so we could enjoy our stay alittle longer. The kids enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was good too.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Breakfast! Horrible choices.

Beds comfy, very clean, staff friendly, location good between Hilton Head, Bluffton SC, and historical Beaufort and Savannah.Carpet needs replaced with wooden floors because a little worn and stained. Charge for breakfast and food just looked ordered from package or canned. Awful. OKAY if with little kids and one doesn't want to scurry around but we opted two out of four days not to eat breakfast there. Nice outdoor patio to eat on tho.Pool small.

The fact that they took all day to clean my room ,I was out all day and came back in the evening to a messy room

Everything 😘

• Queen Room

Breakfast was not that great

• Queen Room

Breakfast was chaotic, very short staffed

Early check in.

Everybody was friendly.

• Queen Room

All around great sleeping experience: bed, AC, and entertainment

Not enough parking

The staff was very nice,it was very clean. I will be staying there again

Excellent Breakfast and great service. Clean, Comfortable room

Good Breakfast, excellent service. Room Clean and comfortable

The breakfast

• Queen Room

They had three elevators and only one was working during our stay. We are able to climb stairs but it was difficult with suitcases and golf clubs.

Did not have breakfast.

• Queen Room

We had to pay for breakfast and was a little spendy for what we ate

Beds were comfortable

Under maintain

Staff

Elevator very slow!

Staff was amazing!!!!

• Queen Room

Not sure yet but think I was overcharged.

• Queen Room

Service a little slow in dining area which was ok for us

Everything was good

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Elevertor of the front entrance was broken.

• Evolution One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Room was dark not enough lights in room.

That it had 2 tvs and a sitting area.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

service had to change to a smaller room because toilet over flowed no one there to fix it

hotel was nice

• Queen Room

The gentlemen that checked us in was courteous and over the top helpful . Made me feel we found d a friend

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Fruit infused water and freshly baked cookies in the lobby daily

Wasn't clean

Nasty, dirty sheets and towels

• King Room - Disability Access