Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown 3 stars

10 East Market Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA

#30 of 138 hotels in Indianapolis

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Had a very nice breakfast buffet that you pay 13.

The elevators were slow and one was even broken,leaving guests stranded on each floor on Sunday checkout,very frustrating, and also the thermostat was not controllable in our room,leaving us,hot stuffy and uncomfortable the whole weekend. I found a few of the staff members to come off very rude, in regards to our bill,and checkout.

Had a very nice breakfast buffet that you pay 13.00 a person for,food was very good. Had a bar. Close to both venues we were attending.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The food was good. When I ordered a sandwich from the restaurant, was delicious and beautifully pres

The enrtrance door was uninviting. It was dirty looking. The ambience upon entering was less than expected for a downtown hotel.The photo of the building appeared to be high level, but in person was disappointing.

The location, the bed and the staff.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Our week end get away

Hard bed, old decorating, elevator wait was long at times, hotel was warm not very cool, no bloody Mary offered at breakfast.

Location, front desk help,

it was fine

The cost of the parking-should be included for hotel guest.

The price on booking.com for the breakfast was incorrect, but they still honored it. Food was good. Service was great.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Great downtown location and a very architecturally...

The bathroom floor had some hairs that did not belong to me on it, which was kind of gross.

Great downtown location and a very architecturally interesting building. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was really good, a nice buffet with lots of options, plus the option to have something made-to-order, like pancakes or an omelet. The fitness center was nice, there was an adequate amount of equipment. Within walking distance of all the downtown sites, would definitely recommend staying here.

Not good value for money

The property was very dated and facilities poor. The swimming pool was not clean and had a film across the top. Gym was tiny. Room wasn't the one that had been ordered but was changed after making a fuss.

Location was very central.

Overall good stay

Advertised on website and on site signage that there was a hot tub, but there wasn't one on site. Pool times per website and online chat service said it was open until 11 PM, but on site signage said 10 PM. Two of three elevators were down, but repairs being made.

Great location, inside looked great, clean rooms, friendly staff, and comfortable beds.

We were glad we stayed at the Hilton Garden inn for our 40th annio.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Expense of parking and surprised breakfast not included with the room.

Hospitality and overt friendliness of entire staff. Very helpful with directions and suggestions.

Great location in downtown Indianapolis.

Great location in downtown Indianapolis. The room was big for downtown and the bed is very comfortable. We go to Indianapolis on a regular basis and I love staying at this hotel. They have the best breakfast! You step outside and you are in the heart of the downtown area. The staff is always super friendly and very helpful.

I was here the year before and they have renovated their...

I was here the year before and they have renovated their rooms since. They are very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend it, especially since it’s walking distance to everything.

Location was great and stayed at this hotel previously.

Location was great and stayed at this hotel previously. Staff was friendly and we would stay at this location again. The hotel had been renovated recently and our room was nice.

Great hotel in a great location

Had to find out where my vehicle would be brought up at checkout. I thought this is something I should have been told without asking.

Foyer area accommodations were great.

Downtown location was excellent, close to monument circle...

No communication from front desk regarding free breakfast. Be sure to ask or $30 breakfast will be charged to your room.

Downtown location was excellent, close to monument circle and surrounded by great places to eat.

Staff members were welcoming but the facility wasn’t up to standards for the price.

There weren’t curtains that could be moved to close the light out of the room. The ice machine didn’t work nor were there ice buckets in the room. The elevator would take you up instead of down.

The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows.

Not a bad hotel. I’d give the experience a solid B

Our floor was under construction and was a mess. Parking is awful. Requested two roll aways and when we got there we were told they wouldn’t fulfill the request even though it was requested months ago. Also for $200 a night the beds could be a lit softer.

Hotel is in a good area. Staff was very nice. We were only in the room to sleep as we were out very late

I didn’t like the fact I didn’t know the hotel was under...

I didn’t like the fact I didn’t know the hotel was under renovation. Needed more staff at the restaurant. Messy tables. Staff was doing best they could. Hotel once completed will be very nice.

It was easy, good location, good breakfast with good service.

It was easy, good location, good breakfast with good service. Bed was comfortable. Only negative was the mess due to upgrade construction materials all over the place.

It was nice

The parking!!! Booking.com Never said that the Hotel didn’t have any where to park my car!!! I had to pay for parking!!! 😡😡

The location is was perfect

pleasant

I think while under reconstruction, the price could be discounted.

The valet guys were excellent! Our waitress for breakfast was amazing!! So nice, attentive,but not over bearing. She's a ray of sunshine!!

Great location, friendly staff. We would definitely come back.

There was construction going on in the building, so it sounded like doors were slamming throughout the night. The room also never seemed to cool down enough.

The location was perfect for our first trip to the city.

Hilton lives up to its name.

They were renovating but I'm sure when it's done it will be beautiful.

The location is great and it's a very nostalgic building. The breakfast is amazing.If you book here opt for the breakfast. It is Buffett style with a chef serving ala carte items. The staff was awesome. They sent us wine and cheesecake for our anniversary. You can't beat the location a half block from the circle. We will book again.

Overall a wonderful experience

I feel that if someone is staying at the hotel for multiple nights (3 or more), the cost of parking should be much cheaper or included in your stay

Amazing staff. Even with the renovation going on it was a wonderful place to stay. Loved the view of the city from my room. The breakfast in the morning was great. Many options for all types of eaters.

Construction fail

The hotel was being remodeled and under construction. Was not told this until I walked into the hotel. The halls were dirty and had boxes everywhere. I would not have stayed here if I was aware of the construction.

The location downtown was perfect

It was fantastic, I highly recommend this hotel.

We stayed in a newly renovated room which was lovely, however, the bathroom has a light that never turns off. I like my room to be dark at night and I also don’t like the idea of wasting energy. They actually sent up an engineer who offered to take the mirror off of the wall to unplug it. I of course said that was not necessary, yet I was impressed by the degree the hotel staff was willing to go to to make my stay with them perfect! I wished that the pool was opened until 11 pm instead of closing at 10:00. I like to swim laps and when I went to swim before dinner, the pool was full of children. I did not get back from dinner until 9:40pm and so I was not able to swim my laps. Lastly, the interior curtains in the room are a bit difficult to close.

The staff at the hotel were all so helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. I was really impressed by Melinda, the waitress, she was so cheerful and friendly and she remembered what beverages we liked to have with our breakfast and remembered what we had ordered the day before. Our room was clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel is great, near restaurants and shoppping, also, we had a great view of the war memorial in the center of the circle.

Not what we were expecting
    • Queen Suite

This hotel was under construction and major renovation on every floor we saw. The entrance was full of boxes and building materials. Every floor where the elevator stopped in front of the door was full of material for Reno and construction including tools of carpet paint wall paper ext. also trades people We were on floor 1300 room 1300 it should not have been rented at all. The room itself had most of it renovated but the toilet did not work properly they were still bringing in furniture like lounge chair and lamps . The hallway was being taped painted wallpapered and carpet rolled were laying around not installed yet on the 2nd day of our stay there were at least 5 workers doing work noise etc. ( note my husband was at the wwet show at the convention center but I was in the room). When I left at noon to go down on the main floor for lunch 4 of the workers were sitting on the floor in front of my room having their lunch they had to get up and pick up their food so I could leave the room. I had to walk in between what they had left on the floor. Also we took this hotel because we needed WiFi my husband had to be in tout have with the business at all time. they said they were providing WiFi in our room WiFi was on and off all day never worked properly we set it went to e Mail it was already off. On our floor the ice machine did not work they expected us to walk through that construction to get ice on another floor. Although some employees were very courteous some on Friday the 23 rd were not so thoughtful. Finally at no time when we rented that room were we told the hotel was under renovations and construction therefore it was not worth what we paid. Having been told we could have gone back to the Hilton on Illinois Street. Were we were before as we come to Indianapolis every year for the Plumbing/Drain show called Wwett show.

The personnel was very thoughtful and helpful. The room was very nice , and clean. A lot in the room had been renovated. They were still while we were there bringing furniture and lamps etc. The small restaurant on the first floor was excellent ( service and food)

Overall the stay was well except for the instances that I noted above.
    • Deluxe King Suite

The facility was being renovated so the appearance was not so hospitable. Also the elevator malfunctioned several times.

The location of the facility was outstanding. The staff were also very gracious and helpful.

Breakfast should be free and included.

Breakfast should be free and included. Through the booking app, I also sent in a question about pricing and had no reply from the staff, prior to our stay.

Location was good for events we attended but remodeling was a mess.

Lots of construction or remodeling so things looked very messy and worn. There were long waits for elevators due to their being small and workpeople and equipment taking up entire elevators. Wish we had been warned. I Could have stayed in a fancier and newer hotel downtown for the same price. Chose this due to location being close to venues we were visiting like the IRT, but paying 235 dollars a night when the place was a mess was kind of insulting. I could get the same price at other downtown hotels with faster service and elevators.

Location was great staff were efficient.

Fun weekend downtown with family for dinner and Disney on Ice

We purchased through Booking.com and it included breakfast — I believe this should be included in each stay. And the pool room was freezing!! Like the A/C was on almost?? Window in our room dirty looking. I wish we were informed the lobby/bar/dining area was under construction.. that was partly the reason we chose this property was for the dining and bar in house.

Waitress at breakfast was very nice. Location was exactly what we needed. Staff was friendly - room was pretty clean.

Truly unforgettable experience!!
    • Deluxe King Suite

The only think I can say is there was a lot of banging not sure from what. But it was great!

We spend the night downtown for our anniversary and it was amazing! Skyler was helpful and put us at ease. She made sure we got the room we asked for and made us extremely comfortable! I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. Skylers upbeat attitude and smile make us feel very welcomed. So glad to have been served by her. Thank you Hilton Garden Inn!!!

Location was excellent, staff was knowledgeable, restaurant...

Parking could be better.

Location was excellent, staff was knowledgeable, restaurant inside had good food for breakfast and great drinks/bartenders in the evening.

Perfect hotel for a getaway.

The hotel was beautiful! The room Was very spacious and clean. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The breakfast was quick and delicious. I could not have chosen a better location. Will stay again.

I loved my trip to Indy and the Hilton Garden Inn contributed to this great trip!

The staff members whom I encountered were exceptional! Jacob at the valet counter helped me figure out arrangements for my car since I would have a late pick up. The breakfast and wait staff were very welcoming. Front desk staff assisted me with an extra convenience and the late night guy found a coupon that I could use. Also, this hotel was in a great location! Thanks to all at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown.

The frozen tundra

The restaurant is in the lobby near the entrance to the hotel and the temperature outside was in single digits at night and in the morning, with being said when your trying to enjoy breakfast you can't because all of the cold air is going right into the restaurant making your entire plate of food cold and not to mention that your shivering as well! That was the absolute worst thing, they have this great restaurant and you simple just can't enjoy it because your eating with your winter coat on.

The location is beautiful!

Beautiful and cozy! You get a warm feeling when you walk into this place!
    • King Room - Disability Access

I love staying here! We come here every year for a trade show. The rooms are your typical room, but this hotel lobby, restaurant and bar are great! Decorated for Christmas now and it's beautiful! It has such a homey feel to it. The lobby has several seating sections, and a fireplace. The doormen are great and always there to get you a taxi. But, their in house taxi driver, Baba is just the best!!! We scheduled for him to pick us up from the airport and drop us off, and anything else during our trip and he's the best! Made everything so easy. Everyone working there seems very happy. We will be back!

Comfortable once the quirks were straightened out.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Room booked was supposed to have 2 king beds with garden tub but this was not an offered service at this location. After being given room for 1 king and sofa pullout, it was brought to staff attention. We were given a different room with 2 queens. The 2nd room was much bigger so it was better overall. Also very disappointed the pool was out of service. We were offered to use an offsite pool at our discretion but we declined due to traveling with children.

Wonderful staff who were always willing to help!

Fantastic location in downtown Indianapolis.

I liked everything.

Fantastic location in downtown Indianapolis, besides the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument. Excellent room with a very classic and beautiful decoration.

Colts weekend

There is no parking on site, the rate to stay at the hotel is expensive and parking shld come with that.

Loved everything about the property. Location was excellent as everything was in walking distance, hotel was clean and staff was awesome

My stay here was Awesome! Staff was friendly, breakfast was delicious, and my room was spotless!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Booking.com advertises that there will be no charges on your card while reserving the room with your debit/credit card. I had a $10 hold on my card for days after my stay. Thankful for the extra ten dollar cushion I allow myself, otherwise I could have overdrawn....

The staff, breakfast, location, cleanliness, etc, everything was awesome! I went there for my honeymoon, and really enjoyed the location. Horse and carriage ride was the icing on the cake! Absolutely loved it here! Thanks guys for a job well done!!!!

Stay was great but I will never use booking.com again.

My issue was with booking.com. Your website said the room can hold five people and the only type of room we got with your booking was two queen beds. There is no way we could sleep five people on that room the way it was booked.

They were very helpful getting us around Indianapolis and accommodated us when we had issues with the room.

The staff was great, the breakfast was delicious.

The parking was a little less than convenient and fairly expensive, considering other hotels we've stayed at near the same area.

The staff was great, the breakfast was delicious. The location is fantastic if you're a foodie - two blocks to get excellent meals or iced cream! Right near the city center.

Decent for one night
    • King Room - Disability Access

The night staff was rude and not very informative or helpful. The elevators took forever. The view was of an office building.

The beds were comfortable, water pressure in the shower was great, and in walking distance of a lot. The staff there in the morning was really nice especially compared to the ones that worked at night.

Very disappointed

The hotel said they would validate the parking which was false advertising, we had to pay. The room did not have amenities normal to a room of this price range like a iron and board, hair dryer etc.

The breakfast was the only thing about our stay that was up to par. Location was good.

NEED A MORE IMPROVEMENTS

I did not have to be out of my room until 12pm, but was interrupted twice around 10am by the cleaning crue

How close the hotel was to the places we were wanting to see

Worst hotel ever (slum)
    • King Room - Disability Access

Where should I start... I booked 4 days here for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We get to the hotel. There are 5 people at the desk. No one says anything. So I speak to them to check in. We get to our room and out the window all we see is the back of another building and an alley. Within the room the curtains were laced with mold. I took pictures to post to their yelp and website. We couldn't get our room cleaned. When I called and asked I was told that they were working on vacant rooms. We had 2 towels in the room. M wife and I were so set back by this hilton brand name and how we were treated. We decided to check out after just one day. When I called the front desk to check out they told me I would need to be out in 30 minutes. So housekeeping could clean the room! (Which I was told they weren't able to) we get down to the front desk. And again there are 4 people down there laughing joking around. There is this big guy who spoke to me and tried to intimidate me about my issues. I told him there was mold he asked if anyone came to check it out. Why wasnt it check before? The cleaning crew obviously does not clean. The pool area was so nasty. There was a ring around the pool and spa. The sad part is... You can see where people have scratched off the scum with their fingers!.... IF U DONT MIND PAYING TO STAY IN A SLUM THIS IS YOUR PLACE! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! we checked out and went to the OMNI they gave us a FREE upgrade to a SUITE for our anniversary and out ENTIRE stay! I am now a member with OMNI... DONT GO TO HILTON>>> go to OMNI!!!

Nothing At All!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I has better experiences at other Hilton & most likely wont attend this location Again.

I had a horrible experience when I called twice to verify my reservations on separate days & was told I had no reservation & no available room.I was offended and never received an apology for the confusion. I will most likely never stay at this hilton location again, which is sad bc when I travel I normally stay at the Hilton.Especially on my yearly trip to Indianapolis.There was also random trash bags placed around the hotel, which I had to contact an custodian to remove.I believe this location & my visit was poor which was a disappointment.

I enjoyed the prime location of the hotel & the breakfast team was enjoyable.

Beds were uncomfortable. Ask for a room away from the parking garage. The lights shone into the room which made it very difficult to sleep.

Location was perfect. Everything was within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Nice place, poor customer service

The staff was rude. I called earlier to confirm our early check in, they said it was approved. When we arrived the room wasn't ready and they gave us a lecture about policy and early check in. Later that night one member of our party was injured and the staff offered zero assistance.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Nice facility, great staff but we had a bummer room with serious defects

The ventilation system was broken, and very noisy. We had to turn it off. Good thing the outside temperature was co-operative. The remote for the TV didn't work and your maintenance person Kenny could not fix it. The telephone in the room did not work so we had trouble communicating with the staff. There is a big hole in the carpet and you should replace it. Tom Burke 694813365 Hilton Honors Member

Your staff is wonderful. Kyle Brown your valet supervisor went out of his way to accommodate us. He is a great credit to your operation.

We scheduled rooms with 2 king beds and a pull out sleeper,...
    • Deluxe King Suite

We scheduled rooms with 2 king beds and a pull out sleeper, received rooms with 1 king bed and a pull out sleeper. Other then that it wasn't bad.

some what ok room was way to small never knew they had a room that small plumbing problems cause meo

they gave me a room that had plumping problems and the smallest room. and the breafast great location that was my first time having a bad experience.

the front desk. they were very nice but need to be more l like

I was charged $24 for parking which was validated at the...

I was charged $24 for parking which was validated at the front desk and added to my room charges then when exiting the garage they charged me another $9 because my ticket didn't show validation properly from the hotel. Even after showing the receipt for my room with parking I still had the pay the extra charge.

Came to celebrate our 44th Anniversary...

Our room was cold , we could not get it to become warmer.

WE liked the location . It enabled us to walk around and enjoy our 44th Anniversary. We loved how the men took car of parking our car and helping us . they always taked to us with respect.

Amazing stay! Would definitely recommend!

We loved everything about our stay! The staff were all so friendly and helpful! The location was perfect! We parked across the road in the garage and then walked everywhere. The rooms were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

It was a nice location with excellent staff who really cared about our stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access

I didn't like how we had to pay for parking. I didn't like how it was expensive.

I liked how the breakfast staff was very helpful. They waited us very nice.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Lacked some amenities that you would expect in a high end...

Lacked some amenities that you would expect in a high end hotel. Also ,asked for a late check out and they could only give 1 hour which they charged an extra $25 for and never mentioned the charge.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Location good

Hard to eat breakfast to busy and unorganized. We left with out using our prepaid buffet tickets. Water didnt get hot enough in the shower.

Bed was comfortable. Room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Great location for a short stay

My only complaint was the noise level, heater made banging noise when it kicked on and off. And could hear running water in next room

Bed was comfy, overall very nice room and clean updated bathroom.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

It was a nice comfy place to stay for my birthday weekend.

The bathtub was a little bit small. Water pressure in the shower was not good. There weren't prices on the menu for room service.

The bed was super comfy. I thought the way they folded the towels into different things was cool.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Worse than expected

There were used soap and conditioner in the shower. Other than this, room was clean. Heater in the room was so loud. Room was really comfortoble but the noise ruined my sleep.

Location, and room design was great

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Good hotel

The shower top wasn't in good condition. The water pressure wasn't good. Cold room and wouldn't get warm enough.

Location, cleanliness and friendly staff. Early check in was possible.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

The beds were extremely comfortable.

The beds were extremely comfortable. They recently upgraded them and I slept so well. The location is also perfect. Right on the circle. Close to shopping and within walking distance to st elmos even I'm the cold.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Magical! Will definitely return

The only thing that could have made it better is if I could have stayed longer

The hotel was beautiful and decorated for Christmas, an extra bonus. Staff was beyond friendly and helpful. We got vouchers for free breakfast which was very good. The hotel was centrally located in downtown Indianapolis so lots of places within walking distance. What a wonderful stay will definitely return

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Excellent hotel in a perfect location!

The only very teeny tiny negative was the room was kind of warm. We ended up turning the heat completely off. But we are used to sleeping in a cool room at home, so this may have been normal for others. ;)

We had a great experience at this hotel! Check in was a breeze! We were given a little goodie bag with 2 waters and some bakery cookies too. Nice touch! I love how old the building was, but yet still had modern decor. The room was very spacious and I loved the high ceilings. Water pressure was the best of any hotel I've stayed in, which is always a welcome plus. And I travel quite a bit. Beds super comfy. Finally, we could not have stayed in a better location. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Best indy value for service,help and courtesy
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Everything was excellent

We experienced a water line break---staff was a 10 in terms of help and service. I left an item of clothing and when I realized my mistake ---I called the desk--spoke to telena and she found the item in my room--- called me back and mailed the item to me along with the money I left in my pocket Thank you telena

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Quick easy check in time, perfect location, and a nice...

Nothing it was a wonderful trip

Quick easy check in time, perfect location, and a nice classy clean building

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Breakfast was great.

Breakfast was great. Room was awesome.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

You made my mini vacation a wonderful experience. Thank you so much!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast was phenomenal. Everything was delicious. I loved the sausage. I also loved the beverage variety.

Nice room

Not enough parking and to high valet No free breakfast

Nice room

The bed was really comfortable and it was close to all of...
    • King Room - Disability Access

The bed was really comfortable and it was close to all of the attractions downtown.

Over all it was great

the front desk clerk was not the best

The location and the people was great, the parking attends was outstanding

A very clean, nice, spacious room.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Street noise very loud and AC unit even louder. Breakfast not included.

A very clean, nice, spacious room. Unique building. Good value.

We absolutely enjoyed our stay.

The pillows are so uncomfortable. Gave me a sore neck and you have to pay to park.

The location and cleanliness of the room.

MY Stay at The Hilton

Having to pay for breakfast.

The hotel is beautiful, clean, great location.

I like good location off the hotel. Helpful stuff. Good breakfast
    • King Room - Disability Access

Some mantanc work around the hotel.

Very good location downtown. Very nice stuff Very good breakfast.