Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport 3 stars

3485 Veterans Memorial Highway, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Ronkonkoma

Don’t look at any other places without stopping here first!
    • Double Queen Room

Great location, great price, beds were comfy, fairly close to other options if you didn’t want the hotel breakfast either! Want to hit the beaches in the Hamptons and not pay Hamptons prices? Here’s your place!

Overall good quality, helpful staff.

It is not that close to beaches. It is about 30-40 minutes drive to the Robert Moses beach, so if you are heading to the Long Island beaches, then you may want to check something closer. The area near the hotel is not interesting, some places look a bit sketchy. Overall it seems safe though, just boring.

Overall good quality, helpful staff. I am not sure if we were lucky this time, but it was very quiet in the hotel. We could not hear our neighbors that can be an issue even in much more expensive hotels. Comfort was great!

One of the nicer hotels in area
    • Double Queen Room

The price is fair if using booking site most days. If any event is in area the price is way too much!

Nice rooms. Beds are great they keep it clean. Food is ok.

Our stay was very nice . Next visit we will book a stay at Hilton thank you
    • Double Queen Room

That there wasn’t comp breakfast there . 11.95 a person for breakfast is a. Little to high

The beds was very nice . The staff was very nice. We enjoyed are stay there .

Person at desk said he couldn't find my reservation but...
    • Double Queen Room

Person at desk said he couldn't find my reservation but said he would just book another room for me and it would be cheaper. Ok sounded good. Little did i know that they charged me for the 1st reservation as well as the 2nd one the front desk person gave me. I am now getting the run around from the personnel at the hotel. Promised that the management would contact me and I am still waiting. Not happy. They are blaming booking.com but I believe it was there fault.

good and comfy
    • Double Queen Room

There were a lot of chlorine in the pool

Location was good to the Fire Island, less then half an hour to drive. Room was nice, big and clean. Bed was very comfy

Particularly good, value for money. So much better than Holiday Inn Riverhead!

Dinner menu

The staff! All were courteous and helpful. the stand out best of all was a lady called Alex on reception. We are a retired couple. She was unfailingly patient and so helpful.

I would have liked an official update on the safety of the...
    • Double Queen Room

I would have liked an official update on the safety of the water because the water wells are contaminated in that area during the tme i stayed. There was no information volunteerily provided. I had to call and because it was not an official statement from the company I was not sure I could 100% trust the answer. Otherwise, the hotel met my needs in all other ways.

Okay for a short stay
    • Queen Room with Accessibility

Hotel ran out of pillows, guest services can be more helpful - I was not given time on when pool closes (the regular run down of the hotel i.e. gym hours/ shuttle times etcs) nor did I sign anything when checking out so it was sort of unprofessional upon my whole stay. Two rooms where booked and had been requested to be next to each other - which was not given, even when calling ahead of time on two separate days confirming rooms and such. To top that I had horrible customer services too over the phone - the people there reroute me back to booking.com to "handle my problems"... Seems like the employees there don't care about their own customers personal information because when I had asked Sarah on multiple times that my address State was wrong she said as long as my name was correct that was all that mattered... Seems fishy to me that a hotel would generate different states for billing addresses...

The room was spacious. Seemed clean, and was very quiet.

Very clean,
    • Double Queen Room

They charged us for breakfast even thought it was included in the price of room, then argued when we asked for refund. We paid cash but they still charged my card and now have to wait 5-7 days for refund so bills will go unpaid. And our tub did not drain. They offered us complimentary breakfast for the inconvenience and then like I said argued when we said it was included with price of room. When we called about the charge to my card they had no record of us paying cash and then stated that we paid booking.com not the hotel and it was booking .com that charged for the room. One hand didn’t know what the other was doing. The. While we were on hold waiting for manager they connected another customer to our call instead of management. Very disorganized

Very clean,

Would stay again if necessary.
    • Queen Room with Accessibility

Room was cold and heater loud and ineffective, transport links not great, colleague was charged incorrectly.

Beds comfortable, rooms were clean, breakfast and dinner were exceptional. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Great place to stay
    • Double Queen Room

Getting disturbed even with the do not disturb sign on.

Great hotel. Wonderful staff. The cleaning people knocked on my door three times tho, once at 8:30 am.

Would stay again but request more pillows and blankets.

Not enough pillows and too soft. Couldn't close the room darkening curtains. Thermostat appeared broken.

Staff was great. It was easy to find and get in and out of.

Had breakfast Danielle was very personable made special hot...
    • Queen Room with Accessibility

When first arrived told them I need shuttle to airport in the morning. On the website it offers free shuttle ride. We were told they don't to shuttles on Mondays after threatening to go to diffent hotel they found a way to get us a shuttle

Had breakfast Danielle was very personable made special hot chocolate for my daughter and brought it to the table

This is my second time staying at this hotel and I was disappointed.
    • Double Queen Room

I had to contact booking.com the day of my flight because the hotel overcharged me $100 for deposit and took out the price of the stay which caused me to go in the negative. The booking.com representative was very helpful and let me know that I was overcharged and that the hotel was not very helpful with their reasoning. In the end it was resolved the second day of my trip but it was highly inconvenient. Also, their a/c was louder than a lawn mower and blew hot air first then cold air while it was 19 degrees outside. Im still amazed that me and my partner got any sleep. The bathroom tub mat needs to be replaced as well. Despite these shortcomings, im willing to try the hotel out again since this was my second time and the first time was great. Also the location is awesome. Hilton do better please!

I like how the rooms were clean and bed/pillows were soft

loved it

the bed was just a little firmer than I like ... I didn't like that we were woken up at 9AM by a banging on the door from housekeeping ..

location was perfect for us. cost was perfect .. clean .. had a pool ..

It was clean, comfortable, in a good location, for a reasonable price
    • Double Queen Room

The fitness room was very small. We did not eat the breakfast buffet due to it was $11.99/person and it did not look that special for the money

It was very clean looking and smelling. The beds were comfortable, slept very well. The staff are friendly.

Restless night

In room 244 the mattress had such a deep depression in it , my partner and I felt as though we were sleeping in a deep abyss. definitely needs to be replaced . We spent the night tossing and turning

Mediocre.
    • Queen Room with Accessibility

Not given water at check-in. Iced tea would be better for Hilton members. Hamburger a bit overdone. Waiter looked like he would prefer to be anyplace else. Motel room did not feel welcoming. We looked at a blank wall out the window.

The pool was warm.

Nice and peaceful
    • Double Queen Room

Great hotel, in line with the other Hiltons. Loved the fireplace. Staff very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. Great breakfast, I did not try the eggs but the pancakes were delicious. Short taxi ride to nice vineyards of the area.

An excellent value that felt classy and more upscale than the "express" type hotels.
    • Double Queen Room

We were about 10 minutes farther from the Hamptons than I liked.

The hotel had a very nice lobby. As a woman traveling with a child I felt safe at the hotel and in the neighborhood. The fridge and coffee maker in room was great.

My stay was satisfactory. Probably would not stay there again the facilities old and tattered
    • King Bed Accessible Room with Tub

They could have put me in the right room to begin with. The person that check me in could have had himself a little bit more together and knew what he was doing.

Did not eat there

Nice hotel- enervation site

YOU> The Booking.com website is what popped up when I used the email site on the Hotel business card I had obtained on a previous visit. The site was difficult to use and confusing- did not give me prices for different options like a king-sized bed, kept popping back to other locations when I only wanted this hotel. It said"No cancellation fee" on every page until I tried to confirm the room. Then it said "NO CANCELLATIONS" and the price was outrageous- far more than I paid in the past. And I still have no receipt for the bill. I will never use "Booking.com" for anything again.

Bed and location are excellent. Staff are friendly and helpful. I have used and enjoyed both the pool and exercise room on previous stays.

I stayed in three different hotels in four days time, this was the best
    • Double Queen Room

It should have complemental breakfast

The room was large and very comfortable , clean ,the bathroom sink was backing up and toilet water kept running after I called front desk problem was resolve .

It was one of my worst experience at a Hilton.
    • Double Queen Room

It was one of my worst experience at a Hilton. They failed to notify that the pool was not open. The bath tub would not drain properly. I stayed there for 1 night and it was extremely disappointing to have to bother myself with such a basic essential thing.

Great place to stay!
    • Double Queen Room

The pillows were too soft.. the other pillow on the other bed smells funky and one bath towel was a bit dirty.

Friendly staff, complimentary lemon water and cookies. Bed was comfy. Very good location.

Never again!

Pool and grill not working Then we had to evacuate building due to gas leak. Bed really uncomfortable. Just very disappointed. We were celebrating our 28 anniversary away from kids. Not very relaxing at all.

Staff was wonderful

My Brief Stay

The price

The food at the restaurant was a bit pricey and quality was okay. The friendly staff and warm atmosphere made up for the difference and inconvenience of going elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The size of the room the room service room food is really...

There seem to be strange people hanging around outside the past two times I have been there it has been police activity at the hotel ally of random drug dealers go there and they meet up in the parking lots it's a shame because I do like the hotel it's a nice little get away spot when I want to study and relax but I just don't like the suspicious looking people and the cops having to throw people out and the parking lot traffic

The size of the room the room service room food is really good

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

A wonderful hotel located very convieniently to coastal towns!
    • Double Queen Room

I found the staff very accommodating. CJ helped avoid a very embarrassing situation and was incredibly helpful!! I was impressed with David (I think his name is) who was very hard working- working the grill and behind the bar one night and working the grill again the next morning- wondered if he even went home!!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

A good hotel for a comfortable stopover

As always the Hilton Garden Inn does not disappoint. Value for money with everything you need for a good night's rest. As I came by car, I appreciated the large car park free of charge, and the easy check in. Comfortable room and good breakfast.

Great place to stay..

Everything was great

Everything as always is excellent , from the aroma when you enter to the wonderful customer service, always clean and looks great. CJ always provides excellent customer service as well as his staff. 2 weekend holidays in a row I stayed here,can't say enough good things about the staff, the convenience of the Hotel. Very Comfortable and Clean.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Excellent Hotel, very clean and comfortable
    • King Bed Accessible Room with Tub

I would of liked more sheets verses a thin blanket on the bed and a bigger tub.

From the moment I walked in the hotel smelled wonderful, the fire place was going and it was very clean. CJ welcomed me with a smile at the front desk. He was the most courteous front desk person I have ever met. Kudos to the hotel for hiring him. Customer Service at its best.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Comfortable Holiday Stay
    • Double Queen Room

Friendly, familiar staff (Thomas) that remembered us from previous visits. FrMultiple outlets and usb ports available at bed side, complimentary coffee in lobby.

I would stay again !!
    • Double Queen Room

The hotel is not surrounded by shops or other things to do. The staff gave me directions to the ocean!!

The staff was great!!! It was very clean!!

Spacious room, nice but small pool
    • Double Queen Room

Our room wasn’t cleaned on the first day despite being out all day

Spacious room, nice but small pool

Comfortable, functional stay
    • King Bed Accessible Room with Tub

Spacious property, friendly staff, ideal hotel for stop.

Helpful staff

Old furniture

Helpful staff

Room met all expectations

Had problem with key card

Room met all expectations

Superb

No complaints

As expected.. great hotel

We had a wonderful stay‼️

Being by the elevator

The staff was extra helpful and very sweet

Very nice, all the staff we interacted with were very friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room with Accessibility

Lisa was incredible, she turned a buffet into a sit down meal experience.

Great sleep

Breakfast bed

Our stay was great.
    • Double Queen Room

The on-site restaurant’s food was excellent.

Staff very friendly and helpful.
    • King Bed Accessible Room with Tub

Charging guests 12 bucks for brunch was a disappointment.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

It was nice very accommodating

No complaints

It was clean

The hotel staff was very attentive & helpful

It was very clean

It was great

I just spent the night so I could be close to the airport. The staff was very friendy,went out of the way to make me comfortable.

Answered all questions and concerns with no issues.

Answered all questions and concerns with no issues.

To much to list

Nobody answered when I called the front desk 4 times
    • Double Queen Room

Did not use the restaurant

We were unable to close the curtains to keep lights out

We were unable to close the curtains to keep lights out

I took my 2 Kids to stay for one night and to enjoy pool,...
    • Double Queen Room

I took my 2 Kids to stay for one night and to enjoy pool, there was feces in the pool had to move to another location so Kids can go swimming.

I would recommend this place to anyone

The room was very cozy and the breakfast was great

Their heat worked.
    • Double Queen Room

Flight at 5:00 a.m. No shuttle. Had to take cab..

Their heat worked.

Excelente breakfast

Excelente breakfast

Professional
    • Double Queen Room

There was a man being manhandled and arrested by three cops when we got there. It was scary for the kids.

Good breakfast

A great place to stay in Ronkonkoma.
    • Double Queen Room

Clean, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, good location (for my work visit).

Staff is fabulous!
    • Double Queen Room

I think some alterations/updates are needed to overall appearance. Much is worn out. The mattress was too soft.

Staff is fabulous!!

Stay at the Hilton garden is always worth the trip p

The rooms are extremely well-kept and very clean always a pleasure to visit this hotel we will definitely be back

Location was nice, staff and service was great, nice amenities very clean
    • Double Queen Room

Beds could of been more comfortable.

Staff was great, breakfast buffet was very nice, room was very clean.

Huge rooms

Huge rooms

Poor wifi

Poor wifi

Room was very nice, and clean.

My room was across from pool, all I heard was kids yelling.

Room was very nice, and clean.

Charged $30 security deposit

Charged $30 security deposit

Not bad

House keeping knocked on my door at 8 am

The room was clean and neat

Excellent staff and service! Coming back again!

The bed was like a cloud. Staff was always profesional and kind. Excellent service!

Perfect hotel

Pool wasn't heated, super cold

Room was very clean, staff very friendly

Slept like a baby on a most comfortable bed!

Slept like a baby on a most comfortable bed!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Wil be back for sure !

The service was Great ! Breakfast fast and filling . Great stop there !

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great place cant wait to be back
    • Double Queen Room

Bathrooms are small, elevator wasnt working consistently.

The cleanliness and service.

Location room comfortable

Location room comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Staff is very friendly

Staff is very friendly

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

room was large and comfortable

the breakfast cost was outrageous and there was no late night bar.

room was large and comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Very pleasant stay!!

Very noisy heating unit in the room.

Services were great!