Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport 3 stars

#44 of 111 hotels in Jacksonville

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

It was a nice stay!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Location was on a busy road, eventually found out there were Xasby and Longhorn and Ruby Tuesday within walking distance

It was clean and rooms were nice

Great . We will be back 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

My family always hunts for a Hilton . Every time I stay here I see why ! Consistent with all the little details that make ppl happy to stay here . The all u can eat breakfast. Is well worth the $10 . I’d spend way more than that at ihop and the food was just as good so thank u for that ! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day 🍳🍳🍳🍳

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Everything was amazing.

Everything was amazing. Location is ideal for the airport and cruise terminal. The property was very clean. Staff wonderful. Beds extremely comfortable. Pillows were amazing would love to have them for home.

Great hotel that treats you like royalty!

Nothing, all was wonderful!

Lovely well kept, modern property with pool plenty of space and parking. The staff was so nice and made you feel special. The breakfast was exceptional and cooked to order. GEO was a cool server at breakfast and wouldn't let us lift a finger, but served us like royalty! We will definitely come back the next time we are in the area.

Yes I would choose this hotel again! Beautiful cozy entrance.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Satisfied with Breakfast however it did not apppear that there were enough staff to accommodate a fully booked hotel during the holiday stay.

The Staff was accommodating and friendly. Hotel was clean and rooms were comfortable! Shower was awesome!

Nice place, few setbacks.

The only complaints I have about the property are; the parking lot is cramped, with compact car sized spaces, and the special requests that I had made weren't accommodated. I could have gone down to take care of it later, but was extremely tired and went to bed.

It is a very clean, new property that is well kept. The morning breakfast, if you choose the option is decent.

Breakfast spread was delish.

The people sleeping in their car in the parking lot.i did bring it to service desks attention. I didn’t fealnlike my car/valuables was safe.

Breakfast spread was delish.

Jacksonville airport trip from Hilton should have a rental...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Jacksonville airport trip from Hilton should have a rental car map. That trip was complicated. Rental car return sign was old and needed black and white colors the green and white colors do not read well at night. Hertz rental car facility should have signs showing where to drive rental cars too much explanation by rental car return staff caused a problem

Great facility. Beautiful room and lobby. Staff amazing and pleasant.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Mattress bed big cover was stained and ripped. Had them replace with brand new. Location was out of our way from where we needed to be but that’s our doing

The apt like suite was great!! Spa jetted tub was amazing. Staff was nice and pleasant.

Quick Overnight Stay

The pillows were a bit soft and flat. There was some noise from a room next to us that woke us in the middle of the night (not necessarily the hotel's fault, but still annoying).

The rooms were large, the bathrooms well appointed. It was clean, the thermostat in the room worked very well, and the lobby area was very nice, with iced water and cookies. We checked in late at night and the staff was willing to help us stay in rooms next to one another. Close to the airport.

Not worth the money,uncomfortable beds,Gloomy environment.

1-Location /Exterior of building area, feels unsafe . 2- Beds uncomfortable 3-friendliness of workers, didn't get the welcome we expected compared to other hotels. 4- The way breakfast buffet served

Could sleep, bed was uncomfortable. I stayed the previous night at Sheraton hotel and me and my son enjoyed every thing at Sheraton. When we arrived at the Hilton, we didn't feel comfortable staying in this hotel from the minute we entered the parking lot , we were about to cancel reservation, but we then decided to give it a try. My son enjoyed swimming in the pool for about an hour and then it started to rain and there is no indoor pool, the beds were uncomfortable, service desk workers were okay but not very welcoming/ freindly. I had to return to the service desk and ask for WiFi connection,they should have given me passcode/instructions at the time we checked in . Check out lady was friendly and helpfull. I will not stay in this hotel in the future , no value for the money ,paid over $135 per night with discount included.

I loved everything about our suite 525!
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

There aren't enough phones on the suite, only one in the living room and none in the bedroom. The Wi-Fi was not the best and kept having to resign in with a slow connection even with the paid At&t Wi-Fi.

I loved everything about our suite 525! It was total privacy. The jetted tub was great even though all of the jets in the tub didn't work. The staff was AMAZING! Everyone was so pleasant and helpful from the front desk to the breakfast team. We will be back!

Hotel was attractive room was pleasant and comfortable.

Check in desk was only manned by one person, who was a trainee. She was doing her best and remained calm and friendly the whole time. Finally a helper came while we were waiting. It took 20 min to check in.

Hotel was attractive room was pleasant and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Staff was awesome the food was great.

The pool wasn't very clean and the spa wasn't working. We had the option to use the one at the neighboring hotel.

Staff was awesome the food was great. Our room was very clean. Great location near many stores and places to eat.

I've had better hospitality at other hilton location
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

When we arrive they didn't honor our reservation from Booking.com they over charged us 169.00. Checking out my husband left an empty cigarette pack in trash and they tried to charge us 250$ . I overheard the waitress tell one of her co workers she didn't want to wait on our table because we tipped the cook more than we tipped her. The housekeeper was nice nasty she knocked on door several times to see if we were leaving. First and last time. I love the deerwood location

Only the maintenance man and guy taking our order at breakfast was the only employees looked as though they were happy to be there.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

A Great Stay!

The property was beautiful inside and out. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The room exceeded all of our basic needs for being away from home. Our housekeeper was very nice. The hotel was very nice and the lobby was very inviting in bringing you to that area to relax, talk, etc. Brittany at the front desk was very helpful and attentive each time we entered the lobby.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Disappointing!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Charged in advance of arrival. Paid for and reserved jacuzzi room in advance and given basic standard king room with no jacuzzi at check in! Hotel did not change my room. Expensive basic room when expecting jacuzzi room

I booked a jacuzzi room and ended up with a standard king room and an apology that the hotel was full. So disappointed! Got a discount on rate I was charged in advance of arrival after expressing disappointment. Hotel front desk admitted there is a discrepancy in room description and actual rooms since hotel remodel. Stay elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Great staff!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

I did not like how when booking the room they did not provide any pictures of the room. I booked a spa tub room and it was nothing but a regular tub. Very disappointing.

I liked all the staff and the hotel was pretty even tho they had construction going on. The restaurant and staff there were great! Every restaurant around the hotel had a wait of over a hour so we should have stayed there to begin with.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Bad management

Understand that the hotel was under construction and we were told we will be checking into the one of the newly renovated room with the jetted tub at 2pm when we tried to check in early but couldn't because the room was not ready at that time. Obviously, no one at the front desk knows about room types. When we checked into the room, we did not have shower curtain, no toilet paper at all and staples on the carpet which we almost stepped on with bear feet (there were like 15 staples) - could been pulled out from the carpet when they replaced - but just vacuum them when you are done!! The hotel seems nice but just avoid this hotel as you won't get descent customer service - you'll get frustrated with these people. DEFINITELY, not the type of experience you want to have at the end of vacation.

We reserved a king size bed with jetted tub, but got a room without the jetted tub. The girl at the front desk (with thick frame glasses) kept blaming on Booking.com that it has different room description and they don't have that room type available. Told us that her manager is gone for the day and won't be back until Monday (We checked in on Fri) and she did not tried to find a solution or do anything about it. She definitely needs more training in customer service.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Great value for a stay the night before an early morning flight
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

It was just right for a stay the night before an early morning flight. I was able to drop off my rental car and shuttle back to the hotel the night before, and then we took the shuttle in the morning. It was an easy process with friendly people at the hotel. The beds and pillows were super comfortable. They are doing some renovations so there were "pardon our dust" signs everywhere, but the only evidence we saw was one of the elevators being covered in plywood, presumably to serve as a freight elevator for the work crews. The public areas of the hotel were lovely.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Soft & comfortable pillows.

I saw a roach in my room upon arrival. Besides that, no issues. The wifi wasn't a strong connection.

Soft & comfortable pillows. Clean bathroom! The layout of the room was really nice.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

A Super Place to Stay!!!

I can't think of anything I did not like.

The overall facility is wonderful, but what I appreciate most are the ever-caring staff. My husband and I are always welcomed with a friendly smile. With each visit, I feel as if I'm returning home for the weekend.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very nice

Television signal was horrible

Ok for one night

Bed was uncomfortable shower was narrow and the tub faucets were very loose

It was clean

Front desk staff was nice

Front desk staff was nice

OK

Attitude at front desk

That we were able to have early check in.
    • Queen Room

Unfriendly front staff evening staff at front desk And our wake up call never happened.

That we were able to have early check in.

My overall visit was great
    • Queen Room

I did not like that my reservations told me that I would receive a complimentary breakfast, but had to pay for breakfast.

My overall visit was great

Bed and pillows comforable.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Bed and pillows comforable.

Everyone was friendly and helpful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

They need to update the handicap room, mold rust in tub seat.

Everyone was friendly and helpful

Very accessible to highway

That the breakfast cost us $10 each. Al little much

Breakfast set up

I was ok

The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was very clean.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

We were unable to purchase fresh brewed coffee without paying for the breakfast buffet.

The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was very clean.

quit peaceful everthing i needed

bed was awesome.breakfast was great.will recommend to family and friends

My toilet was backed up at first but housekeeping...

My toilet was backed up at first but housekeeping immediately came n took care of it

Spacious rooms

Parking

Spacious rooms

Terrible check in after midnight

The long check in Unprofessional after midnight

It took 2 hours to check in because booking.com didn’t send confirmation to hotel

it was very pleasant and the service there was great

no wifi and the noise

the fact I can come and go when I feel like it

Would not stay there
    • Queen Room

Room wasn't worth the price

The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean and comfortable.

No complaints

Very clean and smelled really good! Very comfortable.

Okay
    • Queen Room

Did not know charge for shuttle service.

Comfy beds, close to airport.

Decent

Power outrages

Pretty good

I had no problems on this visit.

Quick check in and check out. Everything was close by less than 5 minutes.

Wonderful experience
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The bed really was like a cloud!

I am waiting on my bill ?? I got my bar tab but not the room...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

I am waiting on my bill ?? I got my bar tab but not the room ???

Arrived late treated great

NA

Location/Staff

• King Suite with Spa Bath

The staff is rude and not sympathetic to the everyday life problems that are out of our control

Very bad clean, location & breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

They are not clean the room daily & the breakfast wasnt good as respect.

The front desk was very helpful.

We will try another hotel next time.
    • Queen Room

Restaurant in the hotel was closed and had to walk to a restaurant 20 minutes away in the strong wind.

Close to the air port.

The room was very clean and bed was very comfy.

The room was very clean and bed was very comfy.

Staff was friendly

everything was good

Staff was friendly

I really appreciat the service worker Mr. Rick for assisting me with technical issues.

It was indicated on the website that breakfast was included; however, we were required to pay for breakfast.

There was not available free WiFi

Overall comfortable place to stay. Friendly staff.

Unfortunately I couldn't use my bluray with their hd tv.

The room was nice sized and the bed was extremelycomfortable

Pleasant.
    • Queen Room

Didn't eat at restaurant. However, my girlfriend did and she said it was excellent and she is hard to please so I guess that would make it a A+.

Wonderful

Price

Bed

Relaxation
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Delecious breakfast,receiption, Want to thank Billie Lukas Lynda Liddell For their big help and cooperation

Lover everything about this place!

Lover everything about this place!

Nice and clean
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Very close to everything restaurants...

Hot tub was broken

Hot tub was broken

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Nice Florida stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Arrive late and room was clean checked in person nice good place stay I also went to car late in morning good lighting.

Great place

The bed was very worn our Uncomfortable

The staff was excellent,very clean hotel,

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The bed and pillows were not comfortable at all

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Didn't have the room i booked!
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Didn't have the room i booked!staff was careless!rude and classless!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Convenient and competitive price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

The room air conditioner was somewhat noisy on startup

New bathroom renovations are great

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The eggs were tasteless

Location and staff

The eggs were tasteless

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The night concierge was not very helpful in anyway I was...

The night concierge was not very helpful in anyway I was charged an extra $20 for? I don't know why

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Location was great.

Upon arrival at 2pm the outside trash can was overflowing with trash! Housekeeping didnot clean our room, we stayed 2 nights. The dining staff were unprofessional and unprepared. There was no silverware set for breakfast, not enough bowls on the serving line. Wait staff mixed up orders.

Location was great. Front Desk staff were very nice. They compensated for the lack of service of the dining and room service staff.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

I loved the ambience.

My initial check-in was a little challenging. The person at the counter could have had better interpersonal skills. However, everyone else, including the cooks and managers were great. Don't forget to take your electronic devices. I accidently forgot my 2 mini iPads after departing. I called the staff who performed an internal investigation. They were not found. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

I loved the ambience. The hotel was clean and very nice. We felt very safe. I would definitely stay there again. Easy access off of I-95.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

Property was very clean and in a good location

When you advertise that the room has a garden tub and you see that their definition of a garden tub is a regular tub with jets it is not as advertised.

Property was very clean and in a good location

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful a++ for them

Room didn't get cleaned beds weren't made for our second day dirty towels still in the floor and kitchen manager was very rude and unprofessional. The most expensive hotel we stayed in on our vacation with the worst service not Hilton quality at all

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful a++ for them

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Very nice and clean looking hotel.

Very nice and clean looking hotel. Staff went out of their way to help accommodate us when we needed some extra help checking in early because of a vehicle issue.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

The staff was wonderful and very helpful.

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The hotel was clean and bed was comfortable. Will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Price for room

There are also 59 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.