Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra 3 stars

45 PGA Tour Boulevard, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082, USA

#2 of 4 hotels in Ponte Vedra Beach

The people that seemed to go to this particular area are very very snooty. This is no reflection on the hotel whatsoever, but whoever travels there be advised, if you are uncomfortable or annoyed, with people having an attitude of self importance around you (we're not uncomfortable, but that "I'm better than you" attitude is REALLY annoying) do go to the hotel and stay, but hang out somewhere else for your shops and restaurants. BTW, we're not rich, but dress appropriately and behave the same..... the staff in the restaurants and hotel seemed to breathe a sigh of relief when we engaged with them, and we became a favorite couple of theirs.

Staff were so nice and went out of the way to make you happy, Our room wasn't cleaned one day (for whatever reason, we left late) and they gave us anything we needed plus 2 free drinks. Area is beautiful, apparently Sawgrass is a big thing for golfers (we don't golf) but was chosen for the convenience of getting around. Lots of little shops and restaurants made it very convenient. Excellent hotel to stay in, for whatever reason you are going for, We are "area" shopping for future retirement, and the staff went out of their way to be conversational and informative.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Front Desk staff was great ... helped me with joining the HHonors program. We were at the pool and the restaurant staff delivered food and drinks to us on the pool deck, which was unexpected.

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

My door was left open by the cleaning staff after we experienced a very scary fire evacuation. I believe they came into check if our room was damaged. When I took this up with the staff they were accommodating and honoured us with 40.000 Hilton Honor points.

Friendly staff, pool for the kids, great restaurants within walking distance and really close to Micklers Beach.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

It was expensive for the state of the hotel; it's a bit old and run-down in the rooms and the outlook is pretty grim (shopping centre car park).

Breakfast was great; all the staff were great but the English gentleman in the restaurant was lovely and helpful.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The room was "old". Some of the wall covering was detached in the bathroom. I would not expect this for the price we paid for the room. The room in the Hilton located in Gatlinburg was far superior and cost less.

Our breakfast was perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The coffee pot did not work properly; but there was coffee set up in the lobby.

The room was very clean and pillows were fluffy. The room had a fridge.

It didn’t include any breakfast. There are charges that no one can explain to me.

Loved that it was close to a CVS and grocery store. Husband loves that it was right next to TPC Sawgrass. Kids loved that it had a pool.

Staff should be told that simply pointing in a direction when asked a question does not convey the proper message. As far as cost, I think most hotels are over priced due to the "season." Just a little high for a weekday stay.

I was simply expecting the usual "continental" breakfast and was pleasantly wowed by what we got. My banana crepe was so good and my sister enjoyed steak and eggs. Her steak was cooked perfectly.The room was clean, but half the lights didn't work and the bed was a little hard for my taste. Staff answered your questions, sometimes with just by pointing and other times with a quick, short, cold response. That being said, the exception would be the lady that checked me out who was very personable and made some suggestions for our day.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Generally hotel is somehow dated and maintenance is slightly behind. The Restaurant is also dated and poorly maintained compared with other restaurants in the area. On the plus side prices were very reasonable considering that hotel breakfasts are generally very expensive.

The elavators were painfully slow. The hotel only has six floors but it took forever for the elavators to arrive and then far too long to go from floor to floor. To get from the lobby to the elavators you had to go around the corner, pass the place where they stored towels and linens. It was an experience more in keeping with a low-end property. I also didn't like the fact that there was only a shower in the bath, although I was told that some rooms do have bathtubs.

Rooms were large and the bed was fine. There was free coffee in the lobby in the morning.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

I booked a suite... when i arrived they didn’t say anything, I was tired and when I got to the room i discovered that it’s a regular room not suite... i had to come back down... the receptionist was so bad... she didn’t even bother to apologise or inform me earlier about it... saying that I arrived late evening and the suites are gone... what???! I have a booking confirmation!!!! I even had to tell them to change the room price... they were going to charge me a suite price for the regular room

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Rooms and furniture were very dated. But very clean All hallways had very old wallpaper, old carpets. Windows in rooms were so dirty that it was difficult to see outside. The bed was very hard. I did not learn that it was an adjustable bed until I checked out!!! Please put a sign in each room!!!

Staff was amazing! Very friendly, very helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate every need, Even on Christmas day!! Loved the morning coffee and tea service and afternoon cookies! Location was excellent.

Hilton brand is over rated our room and suites I walked by was no different than any other motel / hotel chain they are dated , when your in the bathroom you have to step around the toilet to open or close the bathroom door. I don't like to see a big beautiful lobby at any Resort or Hotel/Motel chain and then see a small out dated room, no one stays in the lobby!

Lobby was very nice, ? staff was always friendly and helpful , the cleaning staff was very helpful with your needs , even on Christmas Day!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The fact that there was no safe in the room. This was the first hotel we've stayed in that didn't have one in the room. It was inconvenient.

Mostly the friendliness of your staff.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Everything about the Hilton Garden was great. The staff was very nice and friendly. The room was a suite and a corner room. We had a balcony and windows on 2 sides. It was nice size and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The food at the Pub/Restaurant-Mulligans was very good. We had breakfast 2 days, it was delicious and apps one afternoon. There are many options for restaurants and shopping nearby. It is a nice area.

I wish the adjoining restaurant was quieter and had a larger selection on their menu. Even though it was good and bountiful

Clean surroundings and comfort is everything to me and it had it all

The front desk overcharged my card by $245 and I now have to wait 2-3 days for it to drop off. They tried to charge me the current price of the room and not the price I received on my confirmation when booking so I had to get a manager involved.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

The one ply toilet paper. Would have liked to have coffee mugs and glasses rather than paper cups or at least larger sizes.

We were upgraded to a junior suite for no extra charge. The pub inside the hotel was wonderful. The staff was excellent.

The bathroom seem dirty and so did the carpet

The room was dirty and the clean headquarters seems to be near so there was a lot of talking and a lot of noise

The staff was incredibly friendly & supportive. The hotel is located in a center with lots of shops & restaurants, so there were plenty of activities within walking distance. We were delighted with our stay.

My first room was awful: air conditioning did not work properly and it was right over a truck delivery area so it was damp and noisy, but it was late and I just went to sleep. In the morning I asked to change rooms and was given a new much better room. If I had booked directly with Hilton I could have been given a credit for the night. I love Booking.com but will remember this issue for the future.

I liked the staff and location. The hotel is right behind a shopping center : easy to walk to and get anything needed.

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I ask 3 times for my invoice because I was charged too much from my credit card. I didn't receive it to now. I talked to Debby and I left her my e-mail address . I am still waiting for all invoices for rooms #313 and 513 because I have to dived it with my family.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

That we could not stay longer!

Was there for a concert was Happy to find they had a shuttle to and from concert hall. Staff on check in and out pleasant

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

I liked the Hilton properties I stayed on this trip that had breakfast and happy hour included in the lower prices that many of them charged. Less friendly and inviting 🙁

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Hire more people like Mr. &Quot;Zachary"

Breakfast was devoured by the children. We sincerely appreciated the fresh fruit and protein. We slept well and appreciated Zachary's hospitality. He met all of our needs. Thank you, It's people like him that make us "want to keep comin' back!" smiles across the board

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Actually, nothing. I will definitely stay with you every time I am in Ponte Vedra!

Great bar, fine service, proximity to all the mall had to offer was HUGE.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The carpets are gross.

The Staff is incredible! No matter what shift, the Staff here is so accommodating, friendly and communicate a desire to make all of their Guests feel at home.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

let's see higher-priced hotel room they have an attached restaurant bar Wood Food capabilities and the only thing they have a breakfast in the lobby is coffee this might be something you'd see at Motel 6 no voucher for breakfast in their own restaurant which is attached to the hotel

awesome Hotel

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Breakfast staff seemed to hang around, maybe because it was not busy. A little bit over the top. Breakfast and dinner were both good. Carpet cleaner did not put warning signs outside lift lobby 2nd floor, causing me to slip on tiles in lift

Front office staff very helpful and friendly

everything.

The only downside was the AC could have been able to be set just a tad cooler. It was locked to 68.

A little dated

Great breakfast staff

Excellent hospitality!

Bed was nice and firm, staff at front desk was terrific

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Service was average. Did not receive an itemized bill from hotel or booking dot com. Still haven't!

The Location was fine.

Convenient location. Not far from beaches

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

No breakfast no comfy beds views poor basic tubs in suites mini fridge didn’t work

Easy check in, coffee

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Nice staff but Hotel showing its age

There are no comments available for this review

The price

Nice hotel but pretty expensive being that it was eight miles from the beach. The staff was informative and helpful.

The staff was so helpfull and happy! Drove us to our concert venue and picked us up as well, all with a smile! Very nice place to stay

Very nice.

Had our bag stolen and taken by the cleaner! And got a free drinks voucher as apology

Parking and the pillows were too soft. Not enough

The room size and bathroom

Some staff at front desk short and crabby.

Friendly staff, convenient location and very clean.

The front desk staff was very nice.

The toilet all need to be changed to universal tall toilet. And the shower heads need to be updated.

The bed was good and the room was clean and nice.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

All was well - no complaints.

Restaurants and shops within walking distance.veey convenient.

Very helpful and friendly staff

Nothing 😃

Very nice hotel in a great location!

Staff is lovely and hotel is in a great location. Great for families as well.

Close to the golf course

Rooms are large, beds comfy, convenient location

The box spring made knocking noise. Most annoying.

Friendly staff

Awesome

Awesome

Everything was enjoyable .

Enjoyed coffee and fruit water in lobby. great to have shop & restaurant at door.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Bed was uncomfortable. The couch in the suite was really uncomfortable. No couch pillows and there was not a footstool with couch.

Great room service.

Great place

Very clean

Near the beach & shopping

Great staff,esp. Front Desk Manager Petra from Germany. She was a great help!!!

Parking-- not enough

Staff was excellent

Location and friendly staff.

The area was great and the staff fantastic!

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

A balcony view mentioned during booking would have been nice

The bed was comfortable

• King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Great location, access to nice shops and restaurants, enjoyed happy hour at restaurant inside hotel

The staff and location bring us back to this hotel whenever we are in the area

the wi-fi

coffee, cookies, and the staff.

Stinking hallway

The beds weren't really comfortable

The rooms were clean, stores around hotel and places to eat. Love the pool and hot tub

Above averave

Nothing that I disliked.

The location was excellent to spend a first year anniversary.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The manager was pretty rude to the rest of her staff at the counter when we checked in. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Needs updated sofa bed and parking.

Mulligans bar attachment