Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City/Kansas 3 stars

520 Minnesota Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66101, USA

#6 of 13 hotels in Kansas City

• King Room - Disability Access

I didn't like that I had to leave. I didn't like that I didn't book longer.

The staff is AMAZING... EVERY STEP OF THE WAY I WAS taken care of. Brandi Jd Ariel James Zaid and Kristin and many more will go Above and beyond.. I left feeling like family. Any minor set backs were definitely handled. I will be back

Great and clean hotel. The oatmeal cookies were the best part every night. Plus we had a shuttle that brought us within 5 miles from the hotel which was amazing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking was kind of unclear. I am not from Kansas and I was confused on where exactly to park. There is a parking lot across the street and there is a parking garage right next to the hotel but it cost $10.

The staff was amazing!! They were friendly and very helpful. The young man at the front desk during the morning had a fun personality and had amazing customer service. Very professional!

There are not any shops, restaurant's within walking distance.

The staff was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Wonderful shuttle service.

Poor wifi.

One check-in employee was awesome; the other was not. I had paid for breakfast, but wanted tot take it off due to a change in plans. They couldn't do that since I used booking.com (which was fine). So then I asked for the breakfast voucher. She couldn't find it on my reservation, and I couldn't get on wifi to bring up my reservation. The other person at the counter (a male - sorry didn't catch his name) intervened and said basically "give her breakfast," and was very friendly, so she reluctantly gave me the voucher. Breakfast was good. Convenient location to get in and out of in a car...literally like one minute from I-70, 5 minutes to down town restaurants, etc.

The first shift staff was not helpful at all and I could not check in until after 5.

Front desk person had no idea how to find reservations. When I showed him my conformation and that I had 4 rooms he said there is nothing he could do about it. He then had me call booking to figure it out myself. The reservation was there the whole time. Also they did not attach my Hilton honors on to my stay.

Caffeinated coffee pods in the rooms!!! Complimentary breakfast would be nice as well. The hotel was nice but the surrounding area was not. It's in an older part of Kansas City that I hope makes a "comeback" one day.

Clean, comfortable, and the staff were beyond nice to us. Very happy with our stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking garage. As a single woman alone, the parking was a little scary. If u parked on lower level you had to go up this staircase that was all concrete you really did not have the view needed to ensure someone was not around a corner. After first trip in, i put my gun on my hip. The rest of the facility was well lit and although you were alone you could see around you.

Everything was clean and u did not want to feel u had to be careful what u touch.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We found trash under our bed and the mirror was smeared. We picked this hotel because the website shows a picture of a hot tub which does not exist. It says pool & spa but there is only a pool. Breakfast costs $10+ a person.

Close to LEGOLAND which is why we were there. Front desk people were nice and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

took 30 mins to check in, front desk didn't look like they knew what they were doing. only 2 miles from convention center but ended up taking much longer than would think with bridges crossing border being closed

it existed. cheaper then staying in KC, Mo

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booked this hotel because it had both a pool and hot tub according to the pictures. When we arrived there was only a pool. Breakfast was cold and soggy. Was upcharged by hotel compared to my booking confirmation. Was going to be charged $10.95 a person for breakfast even though I booked a room rate with breakfast included. Was told over the phone it was two queen beds but they were only full beds. Was offered a $1 refund from front desk manager.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was excellent! Staff and pool were nice. The only things that were not excellent for me were that it did not have a hot tub and the bed was a little uncomfortable - also, lacking pillows.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had difficulty getting out of parking lot one day, card didn’t take, had to go back in and get new card...inconvenient. No complimentary breakfast for the price of the rooms...? Location isn’t exactly ideal to have to go and find a breakfast in the morning.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The housekeeping staff are thieves they stole phone cords out of our room now will have to go and spend about $25 a piece to replace them this was not okay. And you are no where near downtown.

The food and restaurant was absolutely Bland and boring it was food that's best I can tell you. The room smelled like bad men's aftershave there are fixtures in the bathroom that we're not even screwed in and loose screws everywhere in it. We had a couple a couple of expensive chords stolen out of our room while housekeeping was cleaning. As we were leaving the housekeeping staff wouldn't even look at us. Also nothing was done about trying to retrieve our cords or let us know what actually happened to them.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked for 1 room 2 double beds....had a confirmation for that. When we got check in they said I called and changed to 1 king bed. I did not call and change it, we had 2 9 month pregnant women and 1 other women there was no way we could fit in 1 king bed. At first the clerk wasn't going to do anythung about it. But finally she comped us another room with a king bed. They were out of double beds. Then for breakfast we went to get out breakfast coupon and the clerk couldn't see that we included breakfast with our reservation. It was a fiasco just for breakfast. I was not happy with this stay.

The breakfast was good.

The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The location around and inside the hotel smelled like sewage. Online showed the hotel had a hot tub, but there was none there. Online also showed that breakfast was included, and it was not. To include breakfast, it was going to cost us $20 additional per day we stayed. The description of the hotel online said it was located in downtown Missouri, but it wasn't. The hotel was located across the river in Kansas. Nothing about this hotel was accurate with the online description. Don't stay here.

I liked that there was a Keurig in the room with K-Cups included.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My only complaint is that the parking area does not have enough handicapped spaces. It was difficult for me as a handicapped individual to get to and from the hotel. However, this is a problem that wouldn't bother most travelers.

We really enjoyed the hotel, the breakfast was great,there were many hot and cold food options to choose from. The room and facilities were clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was kind and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Slow draining bathroom sink, no inner lining to shower curtain, and hard beds. After staying with Hilton Inn at another location, I knew where to look to adjust the beds. That's how I learned the full beds don't adjust. I now know for next time.

Staff superb!

The staff was great and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed are stay and would recommend this to our friends. Amy was great and made you feel at home. Thanks Amy.

The beds were very hard made sleep difficult

The staff were very kind and the parking garage was very convenient. Also the air condition was perfect most rooms are not this one was not

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

That we couldn't stay longer! LOL!

The entire staff were fantastic! This is a perfect 10 for great service, excellent amenities and location to all the sites and fun things to do in KC area.

There was a power outage and additional issues related to it that lasted from 7am until I checked out about 11am. Obviously not hotel's fault but frustrating to try and take a shower in the dark and put on makeup with the lights flickering and flashing. Elevators weren't working but staff was available to carry bag downstairs.

Courteous and friendly staff. Accommodated my request for early check-in which was a true lifesaver for me to be able to get ready for a meeting.

We were told we didn't need to give a credit card upon arriving, we attended our event after driving eight hours and planned to drive home the following day we got to our from around 1 am and recieves a call at 7am saying our card was declined (we never provided a card). We explained this to the staff and hung up before we could get back to sleep we received two more calls with the same issue. When I asked to speak with a manager we were told we would need to wait until Monday to do so. The person working the counter at check out was so rude.

The facility was very clean, the parking was excellent and it was within a few miles of the event we were attending.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

On site restaurant food is lacking flavor, quality, portion control of ingredients, and consistency in cooking.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating to the guests. They out shined the facility and on site restaurant they work for.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel sell my number for promotion at jave to many phone call at day for traveling with p ut ask give my number or selling to telemarketing not after i call the hotel

All is good 5 star hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No one at front desk twice. They gave my family keys to a room that was already occupied (fortunately no one was in room when we walked in). Pool was closed for a week. No notice given to us ahead of arrival. Kids were very excited to swim. Very disappointing. Checked out a day early and went to another hotel with a pool that was open.

• King Room - Disability Access

For those who travel great distance, it would have been nice ft the hotel provided a shuttle service from the airport.

It has been a great experience for me and I would definitely recommend others to this property. The staff was very helpful courteous.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was great usually don't give that good of score but I did not have one problem. The staff was great The food was great. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The staff here have been fabulous. Always cheerful, helpful and good humoured. The shuttle service provided here (until 10.30pm sun-thurs and 11.30pm Fri-sat) allowed me to park at the hotel for 3 days and shuttle in and back from the heart of the city (Power & Light District) easily and without delays. Quicker than ordering a cab, yet providing the same service. Was a godsend after the Tom Petty concert last night

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Well the pool hours and the hot tube was broke the toilet seat was broke the beds was too small and they charge for breakfast offer one small box of cereal for 10.99

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Upon arrival there were 4 squat cars pulling in and a man was being detained in the lobby and was let go on the street, did not give the feel of being in a great area.

When I arrived 3 hours after check in, they did not have my room ready however the clerk was very friendly and apologetic and I understood this was not her fault so I thought that she did well at making sure that I did not have to wait more than 20 minutes

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The indoor pool was not heated. The hot tub was out of order. Tge tv remote didnt even work. We couldnt get on the internet. They also had internet that you had to pay for. It was a very disappointing hotel! When we told the staff, they said they sent a welco.e letter about the hot tub. We didnot get and we booked in january! Very disappointed!

No free breakfast, but breakfast was worth the money!

Staff was great, very spacious and comfy rooms. Front desk, Brandy, was amazing and helped us a lot. James the shuttle driver was very friendly and helpful on advise in town as well! Thank you all for making our visit a great stay!

No tv remote in room. Kuerig machine didn't work. Soap dish in bathtub was broken. There was a constant sound, similar to running water, in the bathroom with no discernable source,

The bed was great. Staff was excellent.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The initial use of both keys did not allow me to open the door to my room. I had to return to the front desk to have the keys reprogrammed. The keys operated fine after being reprogrammed. This was the only glitch in out stay.

Value and comfort of the rooms and friendliness of entire the staff. The parking was free and very accessible.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The staff didn't mention there was a very rowdy NYE party going on in the first floor conference room until 3 am. (so be warned if you stay on a weekend).

I had to call and change my reservation dates I made online and Marcus very politely helped me through everything. When I came in the next day, hin and the other clerk were both just as nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

the pool and hot tub were closed. We booked here because we wanted these. Not noted on website. But we were compensated for our disappointment.

Great staff, great breakfasts, comfortable

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

better pillows!

My wife and I stay at this location every year and have been for over 10 years. we enjoy the changes that have been implemented; it gives it more of the home feeling.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had troubles with wifi, my tablet didn't want me to get on, but no big deal. Otherwise everything was great.

Friendliness of all the staff. Breakfast was excellent as well. Parking in garage was a plus for security. Location made it easy to get to the race track and casino.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The shower didn't get beyond luke warm and the toilet took about 10 minutes to refresh after a flush before another person could use it.

Great friendly staff, super clean and great location. Breakfast was fantastic - especially the servers were so wonderful.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The woman at the counter checking guess in was flustered and could not explain herself clearly. There was a lot of trouble checking me in, and also while standing to the side, I observed that each person who she interacted with got upset and left with an agitated look. My hotel room was dirty, there was a squished berry on the floor, the toilet seat was not clean and there was booger-like junk and water spots in the shower. The countertops in the room also had water glass stains that had not been wiped down cleanly. I called the guest services and after 2 minutes of the line ringing I get an answer. The manager came to my room and decided it was not clean and switched me rooms. The booking.com page said it was less than a mile from downtown, but I learned that downtown was over 4 miles away. I was traveling by bicycle and I purposely chose this hotel because I saw it was "Downtown" First it was in a bad neighborhood where as soon as I stepped outside the door of the hotel I was greeted by being cat called by a man walking acrss the street. I did not feel comfortable as a solo young woman traveler in the neighborhood, while walking back to the hotel I got confronted by another set of men. All in all it was a terrible experience. I paid for two nights, but I checked out the next morning and nobody asked me why I was leaving a day early.

There was an issue with the bathroom and counters not being clean when I got to my room, the housekeeping manager came back to work, as she just left for the day, to personally aologize and change rooms for me.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

It is overpriced. The closet door was broke and that is where the mirror is. I couldn't use one side. The hairdryer was messed up. Phone didn't work. I mentioned that to the staff several times with no response. I didn't know I was sleeping on a Sleep Number bed until I left. I wanted to see what I had been sleeping on because it was so hot. It had wool like stuff on top of the mattress.It would have been nice to know I could have adjusted the settings for firmness. I could never get a happy medium with the room temp. Location was great except someone messed with my vehicle. I am positive my alarm went off but I wasn't told about it! The room was small. I ordered room service and it was terrible. I didn't know anyone could mess up a turkey club sandwich and Mac n Cheese but they did. Pickles were great! This really needs to be a two star hotel for the price and everything that was wrong. The bathtub looked like it could be replaced. I was disappointed. Especially when I found out about my vehicle. The workers sit and smoke outside where parking is. I wasn't a fan of that. I will say, the front desk staff service and the room service girl were EXCELLENT!! The location is the best part of this place. Beware due to people messing with your vehicle. Security wasn't good obviously!!

It is in a great location!! The staff is beyond excellent!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The a/c heater unit made a LOT of noise. Wish the shuttle would run later than 10:30pm

The bed was great! They allowed a group of us to take their shuttle to Power and Light mid afternoon

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to call to have our toilet unplugged twice, and they had to replace the bath tub faucet so the shower would work.. The biggest disappointment about this property was how rude and unfriendly the front desk employees were. When we called to ask to have our bathtub faucet fixed Brandi at the front desk told the maintenance man we were complaining about the lack of hot water so instead of coming to fix the faucet he went to rooms around and below us to check their hot water. Because maintenance did not come to our room we called back down a 2nd time to the front desk and Brandi informed me he was on his way to the room. When no one came I called back a 3rd time and Brandi told me "I told you he is coming so you need to stop calling me" And informed me that she had other guests to assist and didn't have time for my phone calls. When I responded that I thought she was being rude and I just needed my shower fixed she said "what do you want from me?". How about a nice attitude and a maintenance man! She then got on the radio asking where he was and said this lady won't stop calling me. When the maintenance man finally arrived he explain that Brandi had said we had no hot water so that is why he was delayed in coming get to our room. He then said he would get a new part and fix the shower. After a good 45 minutes to an hour we could finally take a shower. We then had are toilet not flush and back up for the 2nd time during our stay and when we stopped by the front to desk to let them know we were told we have already sent maintenance to your room today. We then said this a new issue and once again got a rude response. This morning upon check out Brandi mentioned that we had hot water issues. We said no our bathtub faucet had to be replaced and thank goodness the maintenance man was right there as he confirmed it. Brandi then offered us a free breakfast coupon for the problem. Nice, but a simple apology would have gone a lot futher..

Location was close to family

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Our guaranteed reservation was cancelled, because we arrived at 9:15 p.m., and had to fit 6 people in one room. There were no extra blankets or pillows in the entire hotel, and that made the floor really uncomfortable. I also felt it was very un-professional run, as they had walkie talkies, to communicate, and had to verify each room was clean and unoccupied before they would let you in to your room, at 9 pm! The second night, they left trash on microwave cart, and didn't leave towels after cleaning the room. There were several families with cancelled reservations with no vacancy at the hotel. Every time we were at the front desk, at least 3 guests were at counter with an issue, and no response from staff other than sorry. It was a terrible place to stay. Not even an free breakfast,price break or apology from management. The night manager, older grey haired gentleman was not a good manager. I've worked customer service many years, and he doesn't have it.

Amy, night front desk person, was very apologetic and helpful. She was trying her best under circumstances! Appreciated her!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

Staff were friendly and helpful.The entrance was easily accessible and the room was comfortable. Check-in and check-out were a breeze.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Other guests were a bit noisy in the hall while we were taking an afternoon nap, but that wasn't the hotel's fault.

The king bed's firmness was adjustable. Also, there was a Keurig in the room.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Location was great. It was in the area of family and very convenient only a few miles from family members home. I was able to logon and get a room, so availability was excellent. Rooms were excellent; breakfast was great. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room not complete, no lamp on desk. No door on closet. Sheets not pressed. no water in room. Some of the personnel were very helpful, some not at all.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

Our hotel room was dirty and had previous damage that was not fixed! The bed was not comfy, the ac unit was extremely loud, walls very thin and always hearing slamming of doors! Location made us feel unsafe!!!

The pool and hot tub!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

All the staff was very friendly, from the time I checked in until I the next morning when I checked out. The food in the restaurant was excellent! And the location made it very easy to get to my destination in the next morning.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The weather! Holy cow, was it hot and it was only June! The room was nice and cool place to retreat to, however.

The staff. This was our first visit to Kansas City and, I'm being honest here, I didn't realize that when I booked The Garden Hilton that it was in KCK not KCMO. Lucky mistake on our part. We were in town for two days to watch the Royals and take in a little KC culture. The room was nice, clean and quiet. Not luxury but a really good place to get a good night's sleep and use as a home base. The real gem was the staff. I expected courtesy and got it but they went way beyond. They steered us to great BBQ places, local craft brew and fun places to see and even provided a (within five miles) shuttle to some of the spots. Most everything was a <$10 Uber ride from The Garden Hilton plus Kansas City is a very walkable town (except when it is doggone hot and humid like the two days we were there) so getting around didn't empty the wallet. Our stay was a good one and we recommend The Garden Hilton, KC Kansas.

Final bill did not match Booking.com total bill.

Bed was comfortable, room was good size, fridge in room, parking available.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows were not very comfortable.

The customer service and breakfast was amazing!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast wasn't included on the price of the stay.

Staff. Cleanliness. Parking. Location.

I thought it was closer to night life areas.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Lumpy pillows. Remote was hard to change channels. No hot tub.

Breakfast was excellent. Everything very clean. Free Parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pleasantly surprised when we arrived. GPS took us through a sketchy area.

price for one night

parking garage made it nice to get in and out of the hotel. The room was very nice but a little pricey for one night

Tub was backed up wouldn't drain, pretty discussing taking a shower in standing water

Staff was friendly and helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were a little too hard and breakfast was ridiculously expensive.

The Staff was phenomenal!

Awesome hotel and the service from the staff was top class! Blake and Kristen treated us like VIP’s! 😊

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

rooms, issues with toliet, heating and cooling

customer services

Pool had the warmest water ever, felt great

Everything. Drugs everywhere

Not much

Paint peeling and no coffee maker for 2 days

Staff was nice.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Breakfast was 10.95 per person and the room seemed very dated.

The staff was very nice and helpful

The king size bed was as hard as a rock in the pillows were flat

The staff was outstanding

$10 for breakfast.

Love the employees and shuttle.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff and the shuttle were Awesome

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast not included with room rate

The room was not ready at check in time. The staff was very rude to many of the customers who were trying to check in.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was great and the staff was very helpful

I got bedbugs