Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square 3 stars

815 East Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square, PA 19348, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Kennett Square

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Would not stay here again.
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

The room wasn’t ready till 30 minuets after checking in time, there was a leak in the room and the carpet was soaked and smelled, there was toenail clippings around the toilet and not enough toilet paper. When we spoke to the front desk they said there was only one other room available but it smelled funny?

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

thumbs up and down.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Their was an incident with the staff behavior being inappropriate and racist. The bathroom had rust spots and my parents room had a humidifier for the mold that was in the room and there air conditioner wasn’t working.

The kids loved the pool and it was clean. There was fireworks during our stay which was viewable from our room. This hotel is conveniently located by multiple restaurants and Walmart. We booked this room for the lights festival Andrew hotel was only 9 mins from the plantation field.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Disappointed, a big time name hotel that felt more like a motel. Food service needs improvement
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food service was atrocious, Waited 30 mins for coffee and they were only willing to give everyone at the table a half cup, creamers were spoiled and curdled into coffee making it undrinkable, mentioned to staff and never got brought another cup. We ordered eggs for breakfast, which no menu was offered, just attitude from staff when asked about choices. I ordered a cheese omelet, after an hour it was still not prepared. I asked staff a few times about the status of the order and each time they just replied oh its being made now, they never actually checked on the status just blatantly lied about it to my face. Breakfast was included with my room. When checking out I informed the front desk of breakfast problem, I was only offered a short, "sorry". I asked for a refund/discount off the price of the room. He said he could do that, breakfast was advertised at $12.99 per person, there was four us and was given a discount of $30.00 which doesn't add up.

Front Desk Staff was friendly at check in. Ample parking available and located near local attractions right off a main highway. The room was clean, offered normal amenities and had plenty of outlets to charge modern day devices, even had a few USB outlets.

Not worth the cost.

The desk staff were not welcoming. Took my credit card and ID then asked "Anything you need to know?" Ummm yes where is my room? The room was noisy. Could clearly hear conversations in the room next door.

Stay with Hilton Gardens for The Kennett Square Mushroom Festival!
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

The whirlpool was out of order during my stay. I was really looking forward to that.

The Bed was lovely. I slept like a fat little baby. No one else's Tele was audible.

With a few minor things needed to be done overall ok.

In the restaurant where my family and I sat down water was leaking from ceiling we had to move to another table and the temperature in the jacuzzi was not warm at all on day #2 and there we're some kind of outdoor bugs in the water very dissspointed about that and also bath tub faucet a little leaky even when turning off tightly

The breakfast and bed was great had a problem with waitress not having knowledge of breakfast being included when booked.

Beds were extremely comfortable!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The chefs special omelet could have been made better. At $13 it was little more than scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese. Not made properly at all

Beds were extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It was perfect for what we were there for

Wish pool hot tub was open later than 10. Wasn’t thrilled that our room was next to a meeting room

Very comfortable and staff (Michael) was very professional and knowledgeable and kind

wonderful weekend stay.

no problem.all was good.

Slept well. Shower was great. Second time at this hotel.My sister and I have been going to the area for the past few years.sometime 2x a year. Ate at sunshine cafe in kenneth square. Can walk to Wal-Mart. Restaurants near by..Had the free coffee and candy.

Highly recommend the Hilton Gardens Kennett Square.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy from the highway and from other rooms.

Breakfast was excellent. Very nice room. Manager Michael kept texting if we were enjoying our stay and also if we needed anything. Breakfast staff was very nice too.

A pleasant stay

the floor rug is a bit dirty, need to be vacuumed.

When we checked in we had a misunderstanding but Marco was a great help and sort out our problem with a big smile. The bed is comfy, there is a microwave in the room. Coffee and tea are provided the while day in the lobby.

The staff was very accommodating.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The staff was very accommodating. We were able to check in early. I had forgotten toothpaste and was given some for free. And we arrived back at the hotel after the pool had closed and the staff allowed it to stay open !!! Very happy and would stay again!

my favorit hotel when plannimg a visit to kennett square.
    • King Room - Disability Access

water got in to the trim around the corner of the bathroom but that's wear and tear the room was clean and comfortable.

the bed really was comfortable and the location of the hotel is perfect for sight seeing. The staff are polite and helpful.

great stay and well worth the cost
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

very comfortable room.Very clean hotel and very helpful employees.Amenities in the room were plentiful and the bathroom was very large.The breakfast offered a very large selection of foods.

The staff was knowledgeable about places I asked about...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was knowledgeable about places I asked about visiting which was very valuable to me. They were very accommodating. The food was excellent and dining area clean and cheerful. The room was was perfectlay cleaned and comfortable. This was the nicest hotel on my 3 week trip.

comfortable
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

tv was not turning on via remote, minor issue. Elevator old and clunky, did not like elevator

Clean room, clean bed and bathroom, air conditioning was good. refrigerator. generally good layout

Overall it was a great stay. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

I was questioned about the breakfast I booked online. They let us go ahead and eat without going back to our room for the paperwork, but it still was a little weird.

Considering the hotel is located on a busy road, it was very quiet. Very convenient to Longwood Gardens, Brandywine River Museum, restaurants, and stores.

Breakfast was outstanding and very reasonable.

Breakfast was outstanding and very reasonable. The downstairs area and the bar at night made it easy for us to talk with friends after a long day of touring. Rooms were very clean and spacious.

Good stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No electric to start with but due to the weather. Had to check in later. Thought we should have been compensated with a free breakfast.

Cleanliness comfortable bed. Clean carpet. Friendly staff.

Good location for visiting a Longwood Gardens and Winterthur

Shower was a limp spray at best. We even tried to adjust, but with no better results. Road noise was not conducive to restful sleep, and guests in the room above us were quite noisy.

My wife liked the hair conditioner. We both enjoyed the chocolates near the front desk.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Wonderful!

I loved everything! Best Hilton we ever stayed!

Everything! We ate dinner at the restaurant and it was delicious and our server was wonderful. Loved the candy too!

Lack of hot water aside, excellent stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No hot water for the morning shower.

The bed was comfortable and room was large and clean. Hotel offered free hot chocolate with lots of fixings and a large assortment of Christmas candy for free -- nice holiday touch! Nice lobby with comfortable seating and a fireplace.

Plesant Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The view out the window was of a brick wall.

The front people were so nice and answered all our questions. If we needed anything someone was anxious to get it for us. We visited the pool and enjoyed it and well as having breakfast at the hotel

About what I'd expect from this chain; if you're lucky in life, you get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast service was excellent, though considering what we'd paid for the room, pricey, especially with a cost division between continental and full. Still, that's the way it is at this type of hotel.

This was a great stay in very pleasant surroundings
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A n earlier occupant had blocked a program on TV (presumably a parental block) and no one at the hotel knew how to unblock it. It was only a documentary on the Vietnam war on PBS, so nothing that any mature adult should not see.

Great location for Longwood Gardens and the Wyeth Art Gallery. The room was spacious, extra clean and the bed perfect.

There are nicer hotels in the area. Do not make this your first choice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No remote control for the TV, when they did bring one it did not work, elevator dirty, room dirty, staff personnel unkept and not very polite. This hotel has digressed quite a bit since I first started staying there.

We arrived at 2:00am.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We arrived at 2:00am. I was exhausted but the staff person was pleasant and attentive. That was consistent throughout our stay. The hotel is clean and well maintained. Convenient breakfast right in the lobby area.

Although I really enjoyed the bed, I would not stay there again I felt the room was a bit cramped.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I felt the rooms was small to be a double bed not enough walking space.

yes the bed was a exactly like sleeping on a cloud. I have a tempurpedic mattress it does not feel as good as this one.

Good for visiting longwood gardens. modern, clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Light goes on whenever you enter bathroom, automatically.annoying at 4am.

Nice lobby Modern and clean hotel and room Comfy bed Had coffeemaker in room and minifridge Heated indoor pool Very close to longwood gardens

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Wonderful hotel, ok location.

Isn't much to do in the area, but great place for a couple night stay.

The hotel was nice, renovated, clean, nicely designed with a very friendly staff. Great hotel for both business and leisure travelers.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Good vibrations
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

Road noise in the night from E Baltimore. (I was in room 301.) Would request other end, other side in the future.

Jacqueline was a delight at the front desk. Walking into the lobby, I told her that there was good karma from the start! Glad to see an owner who keeps up a property. (Renovations under way.) Lots of nice, personal touches throughout, especially in the lobby area.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Wonderful romantic getaway with husband enjoyinung Longwood gardens and the spirit of the holiday

Unfortunate at check in a belligerent intoxicated male was yelling at hotel check in manager about being locked out of room. It was quickly escalating as he started banging in hotel doors . We quickly got on elevator to oyr room but at the moment I was ready to call police.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Best Place To Stay Near Longwood Gardens

Breakfast was too expensive so we didn't get it. Would be nice if at least the basic buffet was included with the price.

Room had everything in it you could possibly want and the bathroom was well designed. Staff was very friendly. We had a plumbing problem (our fault) and they resolved it expeditiously.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Requested a room close to the elevator (my husband has...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Requested a room close to the elevator (my husband has mobility issues). Did not happen

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Lizziew
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We loved everything about the hotel. The location, staff, breakfast and the decor are just perfect. Will be back and will recommend to friends.

Provided a stress free visit to longwood gardens. Will definitely revisit.

USA Today would be a nice touch.

Great location and close to Longwood Gardens. The breakfast was delicious and service excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Awesome hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great hotel and friendly staff

The place and location is convinient and close to the main town of Kenneth Square.

I got a room close to the pool.

Friendly staff, comfortable bed, great breakfast and close...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Friendly staff, comfortable bed, great breakfast and close to Longwood Gardens.

Perfect location for a visit to Longwood Garden.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Perfect location for a visit to Longwood Garden. The hotel is new and breakfast is freshly cooked.

Top quality hotel with obvious attention to detail. I will stay here again.
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

The bed pillows were not comfortable at all. The bar closed extremely early.

The entire place was very clean. Easy to get around.

Nice place to stay but a bit expensive
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Has all aminities and room is comfortable. Restaurant is very bright at night and close to check in desk—not a good dinning atmosphere

Good value.

Good value.

When I complained that my room was too noisy (neighbors,...

When I complained that my room was too noisy (neighbors, traffic) and asked for a different room, I was provided with one by a helpful staff.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was comfortable. The complimentary cookies, rootbeer and orange cream soda was nice.

I had an amazing experience. The beds were super comfy and the bathroom was a great size.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The elevator moved extremely slow.

The lobby area was extremely clean and organized. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

See question above
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Expense, pool and hot tub was closed. No continental breakfast for that price breakfast should have been included

Hotel was ok but quite pricey

Nice

All good!

Nice, clean, convenience of location.

Perfect place to stay when visiting Longwood Gardens

everything was clean staff friendly

everything was clean staff friendly

Overall pretty good
    • King Room - Disability Access

Not really much of a view.

Friendly staff, nice location

Superb!

Everything!

Fabulous!!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

N/a

Friendly staff great common area wine etc

very nice

Jars full of candy

Location and friendly staff

Location and friendly staff

We were a little dissapointed. Not near as nice as Fairfield Inn and more expensive.
    • King Room - Disability Access

No free breakfast like at Fairfield.

Nothing in particular.

Perfect!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

can’t wait to return! It was so close to Longwood Gardens, we could eat and have a few drinks at Applebees, then walk to hotel. Nice

Keruig broken and it was to be replaced but still broken next day

Was excellent

The staff was excellent. I loved the pineapple to welcome us.

Enjoyable and relaxing.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Prices in hotel pantry too expensive.

Convenient to area attractions. Very impressed with the hotel accommodations and staff.

The staff was wonderful, especially Jacqueline, who helped...

The staff was wonderful, especially Jacqueline, who helped make special arrangements for my handicapped father. Very much appreciated.

The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable.the staff was very friendly.

I was upgraded and had a great visit.

My original room smelled like smoke.

The helpful staff.

Perfect

Great bed..slept well. Omelet for breakfast was awesome

Could have offered a free continental breakfast

Could have offered a free continental breakfast

Delay in allowing me to check in

Delay in allowing me to check in

Very clean, modern.

Elevator was not in service upon our arrival. No satellite cable service the evening of our stay.

Very clean, modern. Clean pool. Friendly staff.

The room smelled like it had been wet.

The room smelled like it had been wet.

Wonderful stay!

I liked everything!

The room was large and very relaxing. I slept well in the comfortable bed which doesn't happen often when I travel.

staff very friendly, and follow up perfect.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

swimming pool out of service.

staff very friendly, and follow up perfect.

Perfect for a get-away weekend.

Proximity to Longwood Gardens. Nice touch: free snacks/coffee/lemonade

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Go Hilton Garden#

No Complaints

- Very Accomodating Staff. - Direct TV had plenty of choices. - Room was clean and quiet with fridge and micro.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

nice stay
    • King Room - Disability Access Bathtub

for the price breakfast should have been included

clean rooms comfortable beds helpful staff

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Close to Longwood, carpet in hall😊

No breakfast except sit down, $15 a person

Close to Longwood, carpet in hall😊

Website.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Website. Easy access and instructions. Accessed good rates.