Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster 3 stars

101 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601, USA

#16 of 41 hotels in Lancaster

the check-in process could have been more pleasant. staff was just a little stiff. I am a hilton honors member and was unaware that booking third party could leave you feeling not part of the Hilton famly.

the bed was very comfortable, but needed to request extra pillows. they were given. the room was nice and clean with plenty of space. loved the privacy and the house keeping. give them a hand, they were friendly and accomodating. had breakfast there and the bread and pastries were very good. the bacon needs upgrading to THICK SLICE. we wont mind paying the additional cost.

• King Room with Scenic View

Bar doesn’t stay open late enough, breakfast buffet was 12.99$ a person. I thought most hotels that cost more than others would have continental breakfast.

Very quiet hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

There were ants in our room. We had to ask twice for assistance only to have to leave our room at 11pm for an hour while the hotel staff bombed our room. It was disgusting.

There was a basketball tournament in town and the restaurant was expensive based on the price of the hotel breakfast should have been lower. There were a lot of families with children and it was cheaper to go eat out than in the restaurant in the hotel. I was not there with children but I saw a lot of families and kids walk away from the restaurant Sunday morning due to the price. I felt bad for the families because it was an inconvenience to have to leave early go get breakfast and get to the games on time. The restaurant would have been more convenient.

My plans changed and I wanted a late check out. As a Hilton Honors member I was told at other facilities I could check out as late as 4:00 PM at no extra charge. Here at this hotel, when I tried to extend they wanted to charge me for it. I felt my Hilton Honors membership provided me no status and this hotel was only interested in finding new ways to charge its guests. Not the warm and friendly welcome I have received as a Hilton Honors member at other Hilton Hotels. Breakfast and food were also expensive here. Breakfast buffet was limited and hot buffet was expensive. My grandson had three sausages and they wanted to charge him the entire price for the hot breakfast! When we addressed the problem, they compensated for a 50% price which was still over $4 a sausage! Next day we went external for breakfast.

Problems with Internet as a Hilton Honors member. Hilton Honors sign in did not work. Was told to use premium and it would be deducted. I did sign up for premium and was charged! They did not take it off my bill. Upsetting for the lack of communications amongst staff at front desk.

Room lighting not great for reading at night.

Staff, location, overall facility, numerous USB ports a big plus. Great faculty in a convenient location with personable staff.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish there was a fan in the bathroom to eliminate the steam from shower...it gets very warm and stuffy without having a fan in the bathroom.

Very comfortable bed...quiet and peaceful atmosphere

• King Room with Scenic View

The whole hotel smelled like cheap perfume cleaner, which smelled exactly like the fresh step litter I use in my cat box. Like overwhelming headache what are u covering up kind of smell. Then it was the noisiest hotel ever. The very heavy doors slammed every few minutes and the walls are paper thin. I needed a quick two nights way to relax... what a waste, can't believe this is a Hilton run property

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Surrounding area was a little too industrial for my family's norm.

Pool was great for the kids, was not crowded, and staff was wonderful (even accommodated my evening hours at the restaurant area).

My stay was not long enough to evaluate areas of the facilities that I did not like. Therefore I have no significant comments about the dislikes the hotel.

The cleanliness of the facilities and access to the dining facilities, the business center, and the location to other businesses in the immediate area of the hotel.

I felt that cheated

what I booked is 1 room with double bed but not provided. we end up using 2 rooms instead of one, we paid double what we planned. we will never back to this hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cost of $254 per night was over priced for the accommodations. The beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were flat and very poor quality. I will not stay in this hotel the next time I come to Lancaster. The restaurant breakfast buffet was over priced for the quality of food served. We were done with our plates by the time the eggs came to the table.

The rooms were clean and easily accessible from the interstate.

• King Room with Scenic View

Beautiful pool but very hot and humid in the seating area. Wish it was a heated pool. Liked how big the bathroom in lobby was because I had a double stroller with me. Shower head and pressure in room could have been alot better. Very slow!

we liked the restaurant, very family friendly with good food and staff. the chicken wings were awesome.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price was too high. Breakfast was not included but available for an additional cost. The bathroom was too small. There was only one elevator which was far from our room.

There was plenty of parking. It was clean.

Very noicey. Breakfast was pricey. So we are elsewhere

Nice room with roll in shower. Which we needed. Very clean. Noicey at night when you try to sleep. First morning after trying to sleep in a little someone was out vacuuming in front of our room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Hotels in the general area are all somewhat pricey, but others around this hotel offer free breakfast. Go down the road a bit for much better value.

It is convenient for where I needed to go - rooms were nice, staff friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bookings.com reservation was 4+1 child but was forwarded to the hotel as 4 adults only. Hotel insisted that rollaway was only a "request" and not guaranteed though I made the reservation for 5. Tried to charge me extra. Had to practically throw the gauntlet at the staff to get the charge taken off. Staff had nothing positive to say about bookings.com and told me to book straight through them. The process of booking this family reservation was not very clear and a much better process is needed. If I pay for 4+1 I should have a guaranteed rate that isn't challenged when I get there. They couldn't even find my reservation at first. So, I am less than impressed and will need some incentive to use bookings.com again.

Very clean room, rollaway was nice for fifth person.

Our bed was a little uncomfortable. I woke up with a sore back. Please improve the quality of your matresses for the beds.

Our room was very clean.We would definitely stay there again!

My room was located on the 1st Floor closes to the pool and vending; very noisy. Next time I will ask for an upper floor.

The room was clean and the hotel was convenient. The restaurant was great, food was good and warm when served. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Staff was indifferent and/or socially inept except for pool guy on arrival who also helped unlock our door due to key issues. VERY disappointed Christmas décor in front was knocked over (lit reindeer, etc) and no one thought to resurrect. I did it myself so my 6 year old was not upset. Also, cigarette ash tray in exterior was to close to entrance.

• King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

Cook(s) seemed grumpy, I can cheer anyone up and both of the ones I encountered on my stay seemed impatient and upset. Also some of the front desk staff were not trained/equipped to help with a situation that arose. The situation was cleared up the next day when someone else came in but it wouldn't even have been an issue if the person on at the time was trained better.

I absolutely loved the room and the facilities, to be honest it was one of the best and most comfortable experiences I have ever had in a hotel. Great Job!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

One of the main reasons we picked this Hilton hotel was the fact that it had an indoor hot tub. When we checked in, we were told it wasn't working. Next, we tried to get ice - it wasn't working. The third strike was the hair dryer. I would be very surprised it that cord was 12" long. Nearly impossible to dry the back of your hair while standing inches from the wall plug. The hotel personnel did not seem in the least sympathetic or concerned. I truly expect more from a Hilton.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• King Room with Scenic View

The bed had a large "well" on my side of the bed. Uncomfortable, kept rolling toward the well. It was incredibly loud. There were children running in the hall, and people just being inconsiderate.

Loved the location. It was close to the college.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

I thought the price was a little high. I really like Hilton properties so I did decided to stay.

Staff was excellent. the front desk people were fun and knowledgeable about the area.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

My room was warm despite the thermostat being set at 64 degrees, the toilet ran off and on throughout the night, and the wind rattled the rickety windows all evening. :-(

The staff was courteous and the restaurant was convenient with pretty good food. Complimentary tea, citrus-infused water and sweets available in the lobby were a bonus!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pillows were awful...I used 2 but they were so soft, my head went to the mattress. The bed was hard too

I liked the convenience of having a restaurant and bar on location.The cook/bartender was excellent

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

More than one elevator. I am handicapped and it would have been easier with one on both sides.

The bed was wonderful with fluffy comforter and very comfortable pillows. The housekeeping staff and front desk was very accomodating.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Reception staff could have been more helpful. The restaurant staff were extremely helpful with activities in the area. We stayed in a room with two queen beds and it was big enough for my two kids to play on the floor while we got ready each morning.

The size of the room

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

I was happy there was a restaurant in the hotel but it did not meet my expectations. The first night I had wings and they were undercooked and the breakfast buffet in the morning was underwhelming. The omelette I had seemed premade with the ingredients I asked for added to the middle. I did not eat there again.

Very clean, staff were friendly and helpful, room was well equipped.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• King Room with Scenic View

The staff was awesome. I loved the bartender...did not get her name but she was super friendly. Breakfast and my cobb salad at night were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Sqeaking bed Breakfast was not good. Sauages and bacon was cold, eggs not so good Staff accidentally forgot to take a print of our credit card and then locked us out of our room before we had a chance to do it. Not impressed.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• King Room with Scenic View

Pillows were too soft. Noisy house guest in the middle of the night. Person at the desk didn't tell us our room number just slid the cards across the desk and said here ya go. No direction to how to get to our room.requested a first floor room 4weeks prior to getting there and ended up with a second floor room.

Rooms and facilities were clean.resturant staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

There is nothing bad that I can say about this place

The place was phenomenal it was very clean well taken care of the staff was very friendly and very helpful no matter what you asked for they always had a smile on their face. Wanda at the front desk and bartenders Vanessa and Amanda were very nice and very helpful we enjoyed talking to them

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

See above

I have to say for the most part I was happy with the staff except the housekeeping staff. I left a wrapper on my night stand, it was not taken away, but left there when I returned Sunday night.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast buffet should be complimentary for price or included with room fee's. Also a pool out side during summer months would be icing on cake.

the cleanliness of the room and bathroom was A+ and the breakfast buffet was very good. The pool for kids was added plus. they enjoyed it.

• King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

my room had ants they had to bomb it to get rid of them

There was an odor.

Appeared clean.

Staff friendly and attentive

Well groomed clean spacious room available parking

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms were small for four adults.The bathrooms need to be updated too

Location was close to main street

• King Room with Scenic View

Location was great, very clean, restaurant was very good, and the staff was exceptional!

Huge shower, warm water. Quiet. Clean.

Rooms were clean, facility as a whole we very nice. The breakfast chief was not the nicest person when taking out breakfast order.....

Staff friendliness and caring for the customer.

All was great

I got the last 2 pillows in the place.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Kids running up a and down y’all Unaccompanied kids at pool

Modern style rooms Clean rooms Food was great Front desk responsive

Can’t think of anything

The room was great and the staff were exceptionally welcoming and supportive

Everything was perfect

The rooms were very clean and the property was much bigger than I expected. Yhe staff was very friendly.

• King Room with Scenic View

Pool was ice cold. Our fridge froze everything.

Staff was polite. Dinner was tasty. Room was clean..

Noisy very load in room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Excellent facility....pool a little chilli for swimming with little ones. Overall good.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Close to stores, especially Wal-Mart.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Very clean, excellent administrative staff, great restaurant.

Bed was a little too firm

Room very spacious

• King Room with Scenic View

The staff at from desk no friendly, less courtesy.Poor laundry. I booked a room with nice view and I didn’t get it

Clean

The breakfast was very disappointing and the hot tub wasn't hot

The staff was really nice and helpful

Parking was full during the first night we were there, so we couldn't park close to our room.

Clean rooms, great location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had a nice large room for the three of us. The pool and hot tub was beautiful and enjoyable. We enjoyed dinner at the hotel restaurant.

• King Room with Scenic View

Prices were too high. Didn't feel like it was worth the price; breakfast should definitely be included.

The room was pretty; loved the courtyard

Ice machines broke on both floors on the left side

Room was clean!!! Workers were very friendly!!!

TV remote took me a minute to figure out. They need to have easier tv remotes.

It was quiet and bed was very comfortable.

Check in

Over priced wine $10 a glass ,for unknown Chard????

Great shower

The advertisement claimed contin. Breakfast. The only breakfast buffet was $11.99 I asked for a blanket and did not receive it.

Would have been nice if breakfast was included -- we knew it was't when booking so it wasn't a surprise

The bathroom lock on door was broken

There was a wedding party that was crazy loud. They should have booked us on another floor.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Two of three nights were much more expensive.

Close to theatres and shows.

Everything was amazing.

Cleanliness Newer Swimming Pool Key accessible side doors from parking lot

The decor, the food, friendly/ helpful staff

• King Room with Scenic View

Air conditioner was a little noisy.

clean rooms, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bar closes too early on weekend

• King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

It was pricey for a Hilton Garden Inn.

Clean and fine for a Hilton Garden Inn. I liked having a bar there at night to relax.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017