Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place 3 stars

11600 West Park Place, Milwaukee, WI 53224, USA

#36 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

This hotel was a disappointment.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

This hotel was a disappointment. Certainly not up to Hilton Garden Inn Standards. Sheets didn't fit the bed and came off immediately. Didn't get the type of room reserved with not explanation or accommodations. Would never recommend this hotel.

Staff greeted you each time you walked by the desk.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would of liked breakfast but they do give you a 20% coupon for the restaurant. No travel brochures display which would of been nice since we were traveling.

Staff greeted you each time you walked by the desk. Bright clean welcoming lobby.

Morning staff was rude when I voiced my concerns about being...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Morning staff was rude when I voiced my concerns about being over charged for my room they immediately told me to take it up with Booking.com & the ONLY reason I went to this overpriced hotel was because my husband wanted the jacuzzi tub which of course didn’t work & the staff offered to send someone to look at it but they never came to my room before my checkout.

Fantastic hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Only that it was far from Miller Park which was part of our trip.

Everything about the hotel was fantastic. I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the variety of meal days at the restaurant and the pool and whirpool.

Great value for a good nights rest.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

No bathroom fan and lack of privacy in bathroom.

Staff very friendly and helpful. At check in they let us know right away that there were a lot of kids in the hotel that night so offered a top floor room choice for us. Also are very helpful in transportation options to a downtown venue we were attending that evening.

The overall appearance and cleaninese was great and saff...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The neighbors were loud even when it was close to 12 midnight. We weren't able to sleep, therefore, front desk was called. The noises were down after Security came but neighbor knocked at our room several times afterward. This was by far, one of the worst hotels we stayed. We wouldn't stay here again.

The overall appearance and cleaninese was great and saff were friendly.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Not the hotels fault but someone by elevators on the 2nd floor someone was smoking skunk weed and you could smell it in hallway.

I am not sure but had friends staying at the Comfort Inn with in walking distance and with Free breakfast. It might be an option..

I will not stay here again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Staff wasn’t very nice. No room service. Had to call about kids running in the hallway. The desk clerk said should would send security however I never seen nor heard a difference in the noise from if security did come. There was also supppse to be breakfast included and that wasn’t breakfast to me I’m not sure what you would actually call that.

Hotel was very clean

Great location and friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The room had a gap under the door making very loud in the room d/t the traffic in hall.

Friendliness of the staff and location was great. Also enjoyed the water and snacks in the lobby.

pleasant
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I think the rooms and TV's should be updated. They the look the same as they did when the hotel first opened.

The lady at the front desk was very nice and pleasant.

Family get-away full of disappointments!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds weren't very comfortable, along with a variety of pillow types that weren't very good. Initially when we arrived I had a few questions. So I asked the young lady at the front desk....unfortunately I found out just about everything she told me was wrong. Also the pool was quite cool. There were many families complaining about that. I did go to the front desk to inform and they seemed to at least check on it. Lastly, our last day (Sunday) we came down for a swim in the am before leaving to find out the pool was closed til 12:30. Never informed when arrived and it was to re-open after checkout. It takes 6 1/2 hours to check and add chemicals????? Also why not done overnight when not on use? Why on weekend and not much less busy weekday????? We were VERY disappointed!!!!

Lobby area was nice. The restaurant had a very nice breakfast buffet.

Not what I planned
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I was over charged the lady at the desk told me my card was declined I called bank in front of her and they even said that there was two different transactions pending long story short my weekend plans got ruined because I couldn't get my second room when I was actually charged now I have to go through a long process to dispute the charge she claims was declined and wait for my money back😡

This place was great I will stay again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was very friendly and helpful to our needs great customer service the rooms entrance pool everything was clean smell good overall was a great place to stay

The bed was comfortable And the staff was very nice they...

the furniture and decor were out dated the pillows were flat

The bed was comfortable And the staff was very nice they even allowed us a late check out.

Good bang for the buck.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast wasn't included and that wasn't stated anywhere, we found out when they charged us the first morning. The room cleaning was sloppy. One day they forgot some used towels on the floor that weren't ours. Didn't take out the trash despite the trash can being full :(

Easy parking. Gym with a pool and spa. Coffee machine and microwave in the room. Also a desk an a comfortable sofa.

It was a great trip
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The rooms how big n nice n coozy they were..

The ppl were nice the hotel was very clean for one. Food was amazing great service. Bed was very comfortable.. Room were nice n big...

Hilton really needs to step up their game.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Housekeeping and maintenance either never did their job, never got the requests for work (doubtful), or just didn't care. We came back to the room late on the third night and it hadn't even been cleaned!

We had a horrible experience with our room. The sheets didn't fit the bed, a light was out in the bathroom, and the carpet was gross. The desk staff requested the 'fixes,' but they never happened. Management did finally comp the stay.

It was nice.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The sheets could not stay on the bed, which kind of freaked me out a bit. And there was also a weird smell that I couldn't locate.

The coffee in the lobby was lovely.

The beds were nice and clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Staff was rude the next day. The housekeeper or whoever she was got real mouthy around my daughter

The beds were nice and clean.my daughter enjoyed herself.

Would not stay there again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty room. Room not cleaned until 7:30 pm 1st nite even after reminding them 2x. Sink & carpets not clean. Dirty dishes in hallway for 3 days. No wake up call. No clean towels & toiletries.

Location; front desk help friendly & responsive. They reduced the room rate for the poor service we received.

Very old and dated hotel.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We didn't like the room, very old and dated. We didn't like all the noise one night of people screaming and running down the hall, we tried to contact the front desk twice and no one answered the phone. We didn't like the breakfast buffet very bland and they are needing more housekeepers and servers in this hotel. We didn't like kids on the fitness equipment playing around in the fitness room no parental guidance.

We loved the location, close to the highway, we liked that the room had a microwave and fridge. We liked that we were offered drink coupons if we didn't have housekeeping tend to our room. We were offered free breakfast because our bed had a sheet on there that didn't fit and the shower curtain had holes in it so we requested another room.

Great price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Put us in wheel chair accessible room/ did not request it. Bathroom had awful smell upon checking. Did not allow me to use AAA membership.

Nice location

Very nice and relaxing.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Room wasn't ready at 3 pm. But the staff provided beverage vouchers to show appreciation for waiting.

Hot tub in room. Quality of food in the restaurant.

Get a promise in writing
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Our room wasn't serviced for the 3 days we were there. The staff on 3 occasions offered us a courtesy lift so that we could make a connection to the city, on each occasion they never done this as they said it wasn't company policy

The hotel staff were very knowledgeable and polite

Lots of space, friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed seemed to squeak every time I breathed! Some of the guests were noisy at all hours. Also I didn't realize it was so far from the airport but that was my bad for not doing better research.

Lots of space, friendly staff. Very clean!

They had a great buffett, but it was expensive for breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were so uncomfortable, we were on the first floor and it was so loud. Our room smelled like it used to be heavily smoked it.

They had a great buffett, but it was expensive for breakfast

Very good staff, the facility was kind of meh.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The room was a little run down, looked like it needed to be "refreshed"; the shower floor sagged such that water accumulated during a shower and stayed around 'til it evaporated, the mattress was pretty worn out on one side (but not the other?), the fridge had some broken shelving/rack stuff. Like I said, it looked like it needed to just have parts replaced/fixed.

The staff were great! All staff we interacted with were very helpful, very congenial, and in general they were great!

Wonderful Stay.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I would've liked a continental breakfast. More pool towels available.

The beds were very comfortable, the suite was clean, spacious and perfect for our needs. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The pool was warm and not crowded.

Meh not a bad overall stay
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

The snack pantry was fairly empty and there was a blood stain on my bed sheet hidden under the pillows.

The beds were firm and comfortable and the overall facility was clean and nice

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Terrible Racist Garden inn Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

That you guys false advertising about the rooms I booked double room with double beds and a hot tub and when we arrived it was a standard room with very hard beds! All the guest where white and really racist towards us and the kids in the pool area so it made our stay uncomfortable!!!!!!

The pool

Had a great 51 Birthday with my husband
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

That the pool was across from our room and we were on the first floor

Did not like the food it was cold and the price was way to much for what we got. We ate out side the hotel

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The facility is beautiful but the rooms are very small and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The housekeeping was terrible- I stayed for four days and my room was never properly cleaned.

The facility is beautiful but the rooms are very small and outdated.

Friendly and clean.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Room temperature was a little hard to control and the smoke detector(?) blinked all night long. What's with that?

Bartender and staff at on-site restaurant were friendly and helpful, yet not overly so.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

location of the Hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The parking/ parking lot. Staff walked in on my twice the next morning didnt knock arrived at 8:30 to clean the room way to early. Was given a room that wasnt cleaned then moved to another room didnt like that the sink was in the outside of the room.

location of the Hotel. from where i was going.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Comfortable, clean and affordable - recommend.

Our key card 'expired' every day- but we didn't know it until we'd come back tired, from a day out sightseeing. Our room was not close to the lobby. We'd drag our tired selves all the way to the lobby for a new key card and even then, 1 out of 2 cards still wouldn't work.

Conveniently located near the highway- but not so close that it was noisy. The facility was super clean and inviting. Our mini-suite was perfect- the extra room was well worth the extra money. Housekeeping was outstanding. LOVED having a Kuerig right in the room.

Too noisy.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Too noisy. I should of received a discount rate. I couldn’t sleep!

The front desk young man whose name i forget,was amazing,he checked me out .

Freshness of the food

Nothing but relaxation

Have no complaints

Relaxing atmosphere, clean, staff were very polite

the location
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Did not clean room at all

the location

Food breakfast lunch dinner

Food breakfast lunch dinner

It was clean and very nice up keeping.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was clean and very nice up keeping. We enjoyed our stay

Didn’t have the room ready when it was ready it wasn’t going...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Didn’t have the room ready when it was ready it wasn’t going in by being a part of Hilton I’m expecting one starts

Great except for restaurant servive

Restaurant service was bad

Easy and comfortabl

Great other then room keys
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Better room keys, had to go to front desk twice for new keys

Restaurant was outstanding

being able to have work event at the same location of stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

being able to have work event at the same location of stay. Very convenient to have lunch there no traveling around a busy city.

Pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Found garbage(water bottles, Gatorade bottles) under our beds from the previous guests. Otherwise all was well.

Have stayed here twice for my daughter's gymnastics meet and will come back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

No continental breakfast. Must use the restaurant.

Very clean, new facility.

Good services and accomodations.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The king size beds need a center support.

The restaurant meals were excellent. The front desk receptionist was excellent.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Staff, and the cleanliness of the place

It's was very clean and respectful
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I stay here last weekend my room didn't get clean people was fighting in the hallway it was loud my baby couldn't sleep

good food at restaurant

good food at restaurant

Pool hot tub

Everything was fine

Pool hot tub

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The pool and hot tub were great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool and hot tub were great. The restaurant was good and cheap, we went for the breakfast buffet. The bed and pillows rocked!

Hot tub

Hot tub

When we booked it said free breakfast included, but hotel...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

When we booked it said free breakfast included, but hotel staff told us it wasn't

It's was very clean and respectful
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Everybody was respectful and everybody stay to they selves

Awesome weekend!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Staff let us move the couches do more people could watch the game in the lobby

Great stay

N/a

Bar area is nice and big

Very clean and nice property

People partying at 3 am up and down our hall. Didnt get a good night sleep

Very clean and nice property

The staff was very respectful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was so comfortable

• King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

The front clerk was incredibly rude. Would never stay here again and would not recommend based on the experience.

Overall i rate the hotel 3 stars because the stay wasnt the best but it wasnt the worst either

I did not like the hotel was booked through a third party but it was nothing like what the third party said the hotel would be offering

The wifi

Room was clean and comfortable
    • King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

The tub was small I thought I was getting the whirlpool tub.

Very relaxing

The long line

The bed was wonderful

Enjoyed the 2 days that were at the hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were very friendly and the food was excellent.

I wish somebody would get back to me I was told to contact the booking I did but they never got back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was charge for two nights I stayed one

Food and service was excellent

Hopefull
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Every thing was great

Pool

Everything was wrong not the room I payed for couldn’t get an upgrade it was just all bad

Everything it was just a bad experience for me

I didn’t like anything about it

The stay was very nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool area was huge and clean.

The staff was fine but the hotel itself was horrible
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

It was bad, there was an electrical fire in our room at some point in time. You could see it in the bathroom by the plugs

Comfortable

Buffet

Typical American hotel, big, noisy (especially the room...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Typical American hotel, big, noisy (especially the room (airco, fridge) and no atmosphere

One of the staff members helped me carry things to my room. She was very pleasant. Thank You
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The staff members are so very helpful.

Perfect place to say, restaurant breakfast buffet was yummy and the pool was warm

Construction made it hard to locate, not near 24 stores etc