Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Monterey 3 stars

1000 Aguajito Road, Monterey, CA 93940, USA

#40 of 67 hotels in Monterey

• Two Queen Beds

The meal was good which was of course included into my booking but the front desk clerk didn't give me any coupon at first. So i was arguing about that when i checked out and room was also terrible compared to the price

• King Room with Pool View

We had a pool view room. The pool opens at 6am and no one enforced the 10:00pm closing rule. They had a corn hole game set up in the pool area right under our room that was very loud.

It is so close to everything there is to do in Monterey. Very convenient.

• Two Queen Beds

The parking fee. It is an isolated hotel with and no place special, so the parking fee is just a pointless money grab.

A quick drive to downtown Monterey.

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

Everything was great but had a hard time sleeping due to the guest in the room on top of us. Guest service did give us a late check out but we were woken by guest using the pool before it opened and maintenance didn't know we were checking out late.

Besides all that everyone was very nice and did they're best to accommodate us. Smores by the fire were a hit with the family. It was very close to anywhere we wanted to go .

• Two Queen Beds

The property was not of hilton standard. The staff at checkin was not that friendly. She made us feel that reservation done through booking.com was not important and should have been done through hilton.I would not stay there again.I have stayed at better hilton.The property is quite old.

• King Room with Pool View

Booked a room with view of pool but from the third floor you cannot see the pool because the deck has a solid wall which you have to walk over to and look over before you can see the pool. Won’t pay extra next time for view of pool!

Staff are very helpful and friendly.

• King Room with Pool View

Bathroom could use more toiletries such as mouth wash and face cleanser or wipes

Front desk girls and restaraunt staff, including cooks were exceptionally friendly.

I don't appreciate that I do not get the Hilton Honors points and will not book thru you anymore as a result. I was not aware of this at time of booking.

Front Desk staff was friendly (Pauliana)

• Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

This hotel is just ok. Nothing too great about it and a little expensive for quality. Seems just like a good motel and nothing more.

Breakfast was nice and room was clean

• Two Queen Beds

Our room’s location to the street. Not enough barrier of protection or privacy

The Grill’s food and staff for both breakfast and dinner were excellent.

My room was clean, comfortable and in a great location. Had dinner at the facility and was pleasantly surprised my meal and glass of wine was excellent. Recommend the pork chops .

• Two Queen Beds

Didn't catch they charge for parking when booking. When checking in, credit card was charged $20 more than what Booking.com listed. When asked, clerk said "for pending incidentals." Parking charge unknown until I was emailed receipt. Won't return.

Place, food in Grille & staff were nice. Pool was actually heated in January.

• Two Queen Beds

Our room was on the first floor, which is the roof of the parking garage. Because it was December, the flloor was very cold!

Very friendly person and helpful at check in! Great breakfast buffet!

• Two Queen Beds

We were offered breakfast on bookings.com, we weren't at the property. We had to pay extra for parking and still couldn't find covered parking on the second day.

We liked the location of the property.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

Parking charge was not disclosed in Booking. Also on check-in was advised that breakfast was not included, although the booking confirmation stated that it was included. A breakfast voucher was provided when i showed a copy of the booking. This was clearly a failure of communication between the hotel and the web-site.

• Two Queen Beds

Having paid almost 370 USD for one night stay, the facility is more like a motel than hotel. Very basic choices in room services, paper cups for in room use, no snacks, 250 ml water per person for use. This is a place where you can sleep the night, not really enjoy a day off with your partner.

A good selection of breakfast. Though charged extra, it is a satisfying meal. Staff are courteous.

Not an Issue really. It would have been nice to have a Continental Breakfast in the package.

We selected this Hilton Garden Inn because of it's location and general distance from all attractions in the area. We wanted to be close to the water, the Jazz Festival, and restaurants that we like. We will return!

• Two Queen Beds

Receptionist- I can't believed she tried to deny me a gift bag gift away (which contained 2 water bottles only). I saw her giving it away to other guests after checking in. So I asked for one and her response was: "oh they're Hilton honor members". My response was, "I am too" (which is the truth) then she said, " but you book with a 3rd party. Anyway, there's more exchanges of comments until she gave me a gift bag. For me it's not I'm desperate for the water bottle, just principle. By the way, prior to confirming my booking on line, I answered some of the questions. I checked off close to the pool, & quiet room. Guess where this hotel placed us? Room next to the stairs and exit door. So, we heard endless door banging from 6am to 12mn. I'm glad I have an earplug in my travel bag. Each room has balcony. Our balcony is facing a busy street. There goes a quiet room with a view!! We checked out a day early and checked in to another hotel, in person, to ensure we're going to be happy with the room we're getting. Afterall, it' was my birthday weekend celebration. I just don't want an unpleasant memory to end my birthday celebration. I'm glad we did. It was a great hotel with a great customer service and even brought breakfast in our room. Booking.com, please ensure the hotels you use treat your clients well just like the other paying guests. I have to keep a log in this experience so it will not happen again. Thank you.

None. This place is not that bad. Not my choice. I have to remember not to book here again. I always have good experience with Hilton.

• Two Queen Beds

Our room was right next to the road so the balcony smelled like car fumes and It was a little noisy from the cars going by on the nearby freeway.

We like the neutrogena products in the room. The pool and outdoor fire pit were very nice. The gym was also well equipped.

• Two Queen Beds

There was a silverfish in our room, not a good sign. We let the front desk know. That's why the lower rating for cleanliness. Also, you should NOT have to pay for parking at a remote location like this!

The bedding was nice, staff friendly. Fire pit and hot tub we're great.

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

We went for dinner and breakfast at the Pacific Grille and the food and service was not that good.

The beds were very comfortable and we really enjoyed the fire pit.

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

Booked this trip a month and a half, when we got to the hotel it was not The same as I saw or booked on Booking.com , I went to the front desk and they told me it's sold out and I should call booking online. They put us at the end of the hotel maybe beacause we had a baby I really don't know , room was too loud I had to call and get transferred , was not really a fabulous experience.

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

Ok, I'm a former F&B director at Four seasons Hotel, now I own my own restaurant. Last year I stayed at the Hyatt Monterey. When I first arrived to the Hilton I regret not going back to the Hyatt. Front desk needs some work. Pamela was unprofessional and didn't care about my reservation as she was rushing to go home. she came to me and promised me my room will be ready in 20 minutes, and she will go home and she will let Abraham ( who arrived to frond disk dressed as a surfer) know about my situation as my room was not ready. Of course half an hour later after watching the show (Joking, playing and laughing) No one has a clue. Also watching the MOD Tereza Lee coming to the front chewing gum not willing to step in was a bad experience for me. I wished I had the next girl helping the other gusts, Abril, I was so pleased with her presentation to this couple as she even told them about the events in town, great girl.

Great room service, I couldn't find a dirty thing. Just take care of the spider web in the balconies. Chef Emil, Running the breakfast buffet himself is rare to find, he is a keeper, I was watching him. My dinner the night before was perfectly cooked. The two servers, one from Egypt and the other from El Salvador were great (sorry I forgot the names) To see this lady working so hard as a waitress in the restaurant was awesome, but asking about the GM card the next morning and find out that was her, she is a great GM.

• Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that the room's patio was shared and next to the staircase. Anyone could've looked into the room or worse, broken in.

The room is very quiet. Beds very comfy.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Room was smallish. Bathroom was quite outdated. Cost is high for what you get. People want to park your car for you and get tipped every time you come in to the parking lot- that gets kind of tiring since you can easily park your own car, and you already pay $15 a night for that privilege. We were close to the lobby and people made lots of noise there drinking at the bar into the night one night. We wished they had breakfast.

Loved the smores by the pool. Liked the hot tub too. The location is close to Monterey attractions. Bed was comfortable. Cookies and water were great!

My 3 yr old and I stayed for a 3 day weekend. The staff was so helpful and the room was comfortable and great for my daughter and I. We loved the pool and the smores. I loved the patio we had it was private also very nice my child could play and it was private with chairs. If we had any questions they staff was great to help us and the room service was so good and fast!! The staff was great at recommending places for us and directions. Will continue to stay here each time we come. Great location

• King Bed Junior Suite

I wish the bathroom in the king Jr. Suite had more counter space.

The Property was in an excellent location. I love the bonfire and the cabanas in the pool area.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

WiFi wouldn't connect. Because this was booked through booking.com hotel reward points were unavailable. Bright, obnoxious spotlight illuminating pool right outside window.

Location, facilities were excellent, ample parking, and hot tub was well appreciated.

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

Very clean, kids enjoyed the complimentary smores by the fire pit in the evening. Beds very very comfortable and clean! Rooms nice and clean as well!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Two Queen Beds

The location is just so so. A car is needed to live here. Rooms near highway is a little loud in evening.

Staff is friendly, wifi is good. Breakfast is good. The room is clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Two Queen Beds

The luggage cart was small to unload all items and staff was not very congenial.

The keurig coffee maker, microwave oven and refrigerator were nice to have. The bed was comfortable.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

First, they dares to put a room in stair way!!! Ridiculous !!! Worse, when I asked if there is other spare room to switch, the staff lied. I figured out later when ran into friends who also booked here and arrived later. They got a normal room in hallway, not in stair way!!!

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

I found out ahead of time that the credit card that I booked the room.with was overdrawn and i let the teller know. I asked if i could provide another with which i knew had plenty of credit. From the looks of it i have transactions pending on both cards . The next morning when checking out i wanted to double check that they charged the correct card and they hotel said that because i booked through a 3rd party (Booking.com) that there was nothing they could.do to change which card got charged.

I liked that I wasn't forced to book a two-night stay.

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

We could easily hear people walking in the room above us. Very creaky. Extra charge for parking.

Nightly s'mores at the pool. Centrally located.

There wasn't anything I didn't like

rooms was large and very comfortable. Bed also very comfy. I will stay at this property again next time I come to town.

• Two Queen Beds

The pool and jacuzzi was out of order, and reception for wireless devices was very poor.

It was very quiet and clean. The staff was professional. The location was excellent. It was located close to the main attractions of Monterey.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

The bed was hard as a rock, elevator(s) poorly placed, hard for handicapped access. Not enough parking, and WAY OVERCHARGED!!! Next time someone wants to stay there, be sure to tell them of $50 parking fee for two nights. Cheaper in San Francisco! The Restaurant was terrible! We've had better steaks and seafood at Denny's. Next time, we will go back to the Victoria Inn. It was great!

Facility is close to freeway, and the Wharf

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• King Room with Pool View

Walls are very thin and the neighbors sounded like they were in our room.

Too soft pillows, rooms are clean but small considering the price was $200 a night. Desk did compensate for the issues with noise.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

I wish the garage was bigger, if you get in past 9pm you have to park outside, far from the elevators.

This is the perfect last minute hotel to stay in if you're visiting Monterey. The rooms are affordable and it's located only a few minutes from downtown.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

The walls and ceiling are very thin. In our first room we could actually hear our neighbors' intimate activities so we requested that we be moved. The staff was very accommodating and moved us right away. However, even with a new room the noise was ridiculous. We had to call the desk and my husband was ready to go talk to the upstairs guests himself. We were up most of the night due to children running and a baby screaming above us. It was a real bummer!

accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Bed was too firm. Outside light stayed on all night, room location required it. Extra charge for parking in their garage... really?

It was clean. Only stayed for one night, not much to evaluate.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Two Queen Beds

Our only complaints are - that housekeeping were knocking on our door at 8.30 in the morning and came back again maybe an hour later. The beds were so comfortable that we were all enjoying a long overdue sleep in and they woke us up. - also feel it unnecessary to charge for parking given where they are ie not right in the centre of the city - we had very noisy neighbours who had kids running up and down the corridors and you can hear the noises from next door rooms and the floor above.

Beds were amazing. Very Big room. Very clean. Loved the hotel. Staff great. Good parking available. Great having a fridge. Loved having the balcony and the ability to have fresh air come in.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

It all starts with the greeting from the front desk. Once youlose that you lost the custumer. The room I was in, the upstairs room shower leaked and I heard it drop on the ceiling in my bathroom.

The women that checked me needs to go back to Hospitality School. This place was a dump. I will never stay there again. The Hilton family should be a shamed of this place.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• King Room with Pool View

I was charged $15 per day for parking, I would have preferred free parking.

Great hotel, love the balcony! Bed was comfortable, nice gym and pool area. This hotel met my expectation for th ed price.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is a little overpriced. Food was just okay, could be better for the price. Was lukewarm and choices could be better.

Love the cleanliness! Staff always friendly and helpful. Needs always met.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

Rooms looked a little outdated. However, it was clean. Location was a bit far from wharf. I was told it was closer, walking distance. I would rather be closer, this was right off the freeway. Parking was $15/day. Did not like that, it should be included with room price.

The bed was very comfortable and felt like a fluffy cloud. The room was clean and comfortable. Room service was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. We celebrated our anniversary and they offered us complimentary breakfast vouchers. Nice! Great staff!

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

I didn't like the pillows. I'm a side sleeper and the pillows were way to soft.

The room was very nice. Comfortable bed and loved having the towels above the tub.

Beds to firm.

Breakfast was outstanding.

Far from beach

S’mores every night by the pool!

• King Room with Pool View

It doesn’t offer room service for breakfast, only dinner.

The pool, hot tub and fire pit.

N/a

The pool and hot tub

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

Requested a king size bed but ended up with two queens. The breakfast was very good. Quiet.

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

Extremely accommodating for the need of early check in and late check out. Kids lived the pool and s’mores at night. Will definitely stay again!

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

Beautiful clean and convenient fun for the family

• King Bed Junior Suite

Great location, clean and very large room. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• King Room with Pool View

They had s'mores for the kids around the pool side

Too pricey.

Location is convenient to everything.

My room was over the parking garage exit.... and was facing the parking lot and former tennis courts

Underground garage is always full and difficult to back out to exit when it is full.

The breakfast is great. Location is quiet.

• Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The bed was not comfy got a back ache from it.

The staff was nice and the food was good.

Not enough pillows

The breakfast

• Two Queen Beds

We were given keys to a room that was already occupied!

Staff was great.

totaly satisfied !

Properly equipped ADA accessible room. Very good breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Big room. Good beds

Parking was $15/day

Very noisy. Restaurant employees need to be more hospitable.

• Two Queen Beds

Lots of maintenance staff using the same elevators at peak times with no consideration for guests.

No breakfast

Big rooms

• King Bed Junior Suite

Excelente tortillas, very friendly staff in rest and reception

• Two Queen Beds

The pool set up with the adjacent fire and outdoor games was a nice touch

Great hotel

Very relaxing good location

• Two Queen Beds

Had been told by booking.com that I would not be billed prior to arriving, but this property had already billed me.

Too Strong freshener smell in the room. Had to pay for parking 😡

Bed Was comfortable.

Excellent location, good services

• Double Queen Room with Pool View

Breakfast was a bit pricey.

Very comfortable room! Very clean! Nice atmosphere.