Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center 3 stars

1001 South Peters Street, Arts- Warehouse District, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA

#97 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

• Queen Superior Evolution

More variety in the breakfast spread, the same items are on the menu each morning and complementary filtered water would certainly be nice.

This was certainly an excellent choice, myself and 9 friend from Jamaica stayed to attend the NO Wine & Food Festival. The staff was courteous, especially the dining room supervisor. You must try Miss T's Gumbo, it is the best in New Orleans.

• King Superior Evolution

Mattress was too hard not comfortable at all. My first night stay I didn't go to sleep until 4a.m. Because we were in a room that backed up to the court yard and I was told after the fact that MTV Was having a party. Loud music all night. Ruined my first night. After a long drive I expected to have a good nights sleep

Breakfast e excellent. Mr. Jason & Mohammed were excellent

• King Superior Evolution

Bathroom wasn’t clean. Had mildew in shower and shower kept stopping up. I had to request another room.

There was a clerk name Jacobi. She was great with a great sense of humor. She made sure she went above and beyond for me during my stay.

• King Superior Evolution

The pool could be better but then again i had no time to swim so much to do

The Staff was what made my stay so much more fun i went alone for my birthday and they made it so much more fun. Blow a picture of my Favorite staff members there from left to right. Jason will help with anything he can. Ms Lucy She’s the Hostess very pleasant and smart will tell you so much history, then Irma and Carey Both servers not only are they very pleasant and have good conversations, they make sure you have all you need while eating. Thank you guys.

• King Superior Evolution

If you are in the older part of the hotel, there does not seem to be as much attention to clean carpets, access to vending machines,

The location is central to just about anything you would like to do in New Orleans, trolley lines, boat tours, shopping outlets.

• Queen Superior Evolution

The parking price is ridiculous. It may as well be included with the room and then just charge more. Also to pay for breakfast, that also should be included. We came out of way more money than expected because of this. I also booked through booking and the guy charge my card after asking to see it so I am now waiting for over $400 to be released back to my card!

the gym

• King Superior Evolution

The computers inside the business center would not connect to the internet about 80% of the time I was attempting to use them. My wife and here friend spent a few minutes in the outside spa/hot tub only to come out with green stained fingernails and green color on their body. The hotel staff were concerned and with assistance from paramedics checked out my wife and friend yet came to no conclusion about the cause.

There are nice food bars and cafes for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the area. The valet service was exceptionally friendly and attentive.

• King Superior Evolution

We stayed during the Memorial Day weekend and there was some convention going on at the hotel. We stayed on the 2nd floor and felt that we could hear all the noise from the convention. That was the only thing I didn’t like. I would definitely stay there again just on a floor higher than the 2nd! I

I like that this property was close to the streetcars to get to the places that are fun to visit in New Orleans. There we some good places to eat close by.

• Queen Superior Evolution

The location is a little far to walk to very many places. What seems like a couple blocks can turn into miles quickly. The valet parking is ridiculously high.

The rooms were big. Hotel was clean.

No complaints at all!!

From the moment we walked in, we received excellent service! We were able to check in before the posted check in time, and our room was ready and clean. Glenn at the front desk was absolutely wonderful! He helped us so much in exploring this unique city! We chose this location due to its proximity to the cruise ship dock, and while not in the Quarter, we found it to be a manageable walk. The lobby has a bar and restaurant, but also offers fresh coffee in the morning, and a refreshing water station during the afternoon. We enjoyed some time at the pool as well. The pool isn't very large, but it is perfect to cool off and relax, it was also very clean and well maintained. The gentlemen at the valet stand were also very helpful in giving directions and advice on navigating the city.

• Queen Superior Evolution

The front desk check in person was not friendly, seemed put out to have to do some work .we needed to leave a key for one of the guests and the same guy messed that up as well so the next day I had to be interrupted to help figure it out

Location and breakfast

• King Superior Evolution

Staff for most part friendly and good. There was one waitress in restaurant that was horrible she worked dinner, I told her she was the worst waitress I'd ever seen, she said "ok". I got the impression that staff had their cliques, complain and the whole staff could turn nasty. They have water issues turned off 10pm to 5am, They reduced rate to compensate.

Staff for most part friendly and good. Not all. Very close to convention center middle entrance

• Queen Superior Evolution

During my stay, water supply was off between 22:00to 05:00 which left few time for nightlif

Perfect location for people having conferences in convention center

• Queen Superior Evolution

Came back to the facility on mothers day around 12am.We wasn't able to take a shower or use the restroom due to the water being turned off. Call the front desk and all I received was attitude stating that I should have received the letter under my door letting me know that the water will be turned off. I didn't receive the letter and all he could Offer me was a bottle of water to brush my teeth. The next morning went to the front desk and was able to get some of my money back.

The bed and the hospitality.

• King Superior Evolution

Valet parking only I don’t like. Wish it was regular parking lot or garage where you could park your own car. Also 40 bucks a night to park is ridiculous. I will not be back to this location or hotel

• King Superior Evolution

The ac didn’t work meaning the room didn’t get cold. After calling to the front desk three times someone finally came. Also, there was a domestic violence couple two-three doors down. Otherwise the stay was great! Staff are extra friendly.

• Queen Superior Evolution

I didn’t get the room I ordered. The pics of the room I reserved were not the same. It was supposed to have Jaccuzi tub and price was 129 which I ended up paying 179

The staff was extremely nice

• King Superior Evolution

The staff was warm & professional. They also made us feel at home & were very personable. We loved our big spacious room. Loved that alot of places were within walking distance,didn't always have to take an Uber or taxi.

• King Superior Evolution

The hotel charged my credit card by 490.11 USD few minutes after l left. Again charged 13.68 USD few hours later. All these charges done after I left the hotel and finished all my extra expenses by cash payment to front desk receptionist one night before leave with nothing added.

Everything went nicely except only one fatal mistake.

• King Superior Evolution

It didn't wow me, but it was a great option due to location and price.

It was clean, which is very important to me. It was exactly what I expected.

• King Superior Evolution

Upon arrival, the bathroom light wasn't working - but the staff were very quick to temporarily put us up in another room and then swap us over with no hassle.

• King Superior Evolution

The hotel tried to charge me the wrong price twice, once at arrival, then when checking out. I don't know what went wrong, but they tried to charge higher prices than what i booked it for. It could be resolved in the end, though. I did not like at all how breakfast was set up. You had to be seated for a breakfast buffet. That does not make sense to me. Also breakfast was included in the room rate, but you still get a check for breakfast that will then be waved. I had the feeling that for the hotel management it is a deliberate strategy, so that the staff gets tipped by the customers and they can pay them less wage.

The bed was very comfortable

• King Superior Evolution

Even though they had a deposit for my 4-night reservation, and I had called several days before my arrival to let them know I was arriving after midnight, they gave my reserved room away and sent me to a Best western 40 minutes outside New Orleans. Unbelievably bad customer service. Staff and manager were aloof and said overbooking was their policy! Otherwise it was a comfortable place to stay and very convenient for convention center, but why would I trust making a reservation there again?

Great bed and pillows. Great location.

• Queen Superior Evolution

The only downfall of this place is the valet parking and the extra $100 deposit u have to make other than that this place is perfect and I’m coming back

Perfect location and perfect walking distance to different places

• King Superior Evolution

The rooms were cleaned later in the day, not first thing and when I ran out of coffee, I had to ask twice. The hotel pens were pretty bad and their was no paper to write on in the room

The location was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The facility was clean and modern. The staff even brought me a bottle of water when I was awaiting a cab.

• King Superior Evolution

When I arrived the front desk told me that Booking.com cancelled my reservation(which I made 6 months in advance), but funny thing is that I received a confirmation letter from Booking.com 3-4 days prior to my trip, so I suspect that hotel cancelled it to get more money from other potential customers since there was conference going on at Convention center (and the busiest day was Friday) and there were no rooms available nearby at any hotel, So I Ended up getting the room for only 2 days(they said that friday was completely booked up) and get super expensive hotel farther away for the remaining of my trip. My total stay was suppose to be from Wednesday till Sunday(total 4 nights) They never provided confirmation letter about booking.coom cancelling my reservation either. In a way I'm glad that I only stayed at this hotel for 2 days, because there was no room service provided and bathroom was old with significant signs of wear, especially bath tub, plus one towel was dirty. It seems that the facility is quite old and needs some renovations.

• King Superior Evolution

The room needed a facelift. Comforter and curtains needed replacement. Bathtub looked a little worn. Otherwise everything was excellent

The staff was very attentive and helpful. Our room on the 5th floor was very quiet and the mattress was excellent. The location is great if you are attending an event at the convention center. You can walk or take a $6 Uber to get to many attractions in the Warehouse District or French Quarter.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The facilities and location or ideal for my work conference. However, I look at the minor but significant customer service issues as a reflection of how much a business cares about its customers. There was a lack of follow up on an item that I left during my stay. It’s a month later no item, no follow up even though I was told I would hear from someone! 😕

• King Superior Evolution

Had to pay $13/per person, for breakfast. The breakfast was okay, have stayed at hotels with a complementary breakfast, with a better selection.

We loved our room, and had a view of the bridge. We flew here, and did not have a car and this hotel was in perfect location to walking distance, but it was also in a good area away from all the craziness. It was very clean, and the staff was very friendly.

• King Superior Evolution

Mattress and pillows were very subpar. Mattress was not comfortable and the pillows were borderline unacceptable.

Very friendly staff, clean facilities, great location, good value

Room not clean, sheets had holes, coffee cup cover on the floor in my room (I don't drink coffee) when I arrived. Pillows while subjective were not pleasing, bed was hard. Internet even when I upgraded was terrible and made it impossible to work. My door didn't close all the way by itself. I had to double check it every time I came and went. I would not stay there again.

Average hotel room, breakfast was good and the staff was friendly.

• King Superior Evolution

Nearly everything was an add on cost $13 each for a breakfast $43 a night plus 3 layers of tax for car parking and you tend not to notice this if your booking via a mobile phone and you just type in breakfast and parking required

Clean and quiet hotel handy to walk into downtown New Orleans

• Queen Superior Evolution

The customer service isn’t good, especially the morning shift.

The area was nice, but the service since could’ve been better, such as the reservations, customer service etc.

• King Superior Evolution

I didn't like the fact that when the hotel doors closed from the other guest rooms, you could hear it. I think if you put somekind of soft door close, then I could sleep through the loud doors.

I loved that from the time I walked into the hotel until the time I left, I felt at home. The staff were very friendly - like family, and gave us great recommendations on what to do and where to go.

• King Superior Evolution

our tub was clogged but they made sure to come as soon as we called about it and fixed it

The bed was so soft and comfortable and the room was very spacious with a beautiful view of the garden district !

• Queen Superior Evolution

I had to dispute 3 charges for the use of the garage.(never used it) I had to dispute 3 charges for breakfast. I never ate at the restaurante either. They chArged my Visa card instead of my American Express . They are not runnng the hotel efficiently.

• Queen Superior Evolution

My husband were traveling for his 55th Birthday, he is also a army veteran. He was bite all over his back and neck from bed bugs. That is very much so unacceptable.

• Queen Superior Evolution

Hated the parking. We were told we could park at a different parking lot for 20, but leaving in and out was limited. We ended up paying the full 40 because we didnt leave by 10 am. This needs to be communicated with the hotel, especially when check out is at 12.

I liked everything about the room and that it was clean.

• King Superior Evolution

Tub didn't drain properly which was annoying. Housekeeping kept knocking at 8:00 a.m. woke us up a couple of times. Not horrible, just slightly irritating.

Walking distance to French Quarter and Garden District. Great Central Location. Good restaurants around. Walked over to the French Truck on Magazine St. quite easily, which was fantastic!

• King Superior Evolution

One of the staff at the front desk was not very friendly nor helpful. She was very dismssive and looked so stressed. When I asked her questions about my bill she acted as if it bothered her.

Vlose to convention center

• King Superior Evolution

NOT TO MUCH TO SAY HERE THINGS WERE GREAT...

EVERYTHING!! WAS GOOD THE PRICE , THE ROOM AND THE STAFF WAS AWESOME. SUNDAY WHEN I ARRIVED THINGS WERE GREAT UNTIL THAT NIGHT I NOTICE MY CAR WAS ON A FLAT THAT MONDAY THE VALET MANGER WAS SOO NICE AND THE VALET GUY WAS SUPER HELPFUL THEY HELPED ME GET MY SPARE TIREOIN.. THEY WERE A LIFE SAVOR..... I GIVE THIS PLACE THUMBS UP... I CANT WAIT TO RETURN BACK IN THE FUTURE .LOTS OF RESTURANTS IN WALKING DISTANTS.

• Queen Superior Evolution

The toilet made a whistling noise when refilling the back tank. I forgot to mention this to guest services.

The staffs were professional, friendly, helpful and never flustered. Sunday morning when we rang guest services ffor the valet to bring the car, no one answered after a few rings so we disconnected. The phone rang immediately. It was guest services asking if we needed anything. Now that’s customer service. 💯💯

• King Superior Evolution

The location is great. I stayed here before a cruise because I was wanting to show a friend around New Orleans. The parking garage by the hotel was very convenient. The workers were very friendly. The hotel was extremely dirty though. Someone’s blood was on our sheets and our pillows. There was also hair in the shower. The carpet was dirty. If the cleanliness was better, then this would be a great hotel. This was my first experience with Hilton and I wouldn’t stay again.

• King Superior Evolution

Parking could be better. Could hear door slams all night. You could hear loud neighbors thru the walls.

Clean room. Central location within walking distance to a lot of things.

• Queen Superior Evolution

I got over charged through booking.com. I paid 199/night +taxes; instead of 150/ninth inc taxes if I had booked with Expedia. They tie you up with $200 cancellation fee as well. I felt tricked and trapped with this reservation.

Valet was very convenient and staff were very prompt.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Upon arrival the valet parking gentleman ( one of two) informed us we could pay cash for our first nights stay. Being a first timer staying at this hotel we were unfamiliar with the policies. He informed us we can pay now and just park the car and he would put the cash on the room. Well, instead of that he pocketed the money which we came to find out at check out. They were clueless at check out and when they did find us the manager he had the audacity to say that’s a “bold accusation “ and that he was out there when this “happened “. Therefore I asked him if they had cameras outside, which he said they did. I told him that then he needs to look over when we arrived and he will see that we payed cash. They manager was not apologetic at all, he just said next time if you pay cash get a receipt and I’ll take the $40 off this time. If anyone has experience in guest services then you know that taking care of the situation correctly is very important and he basically turned his finger on us. I would never recommend this place to anyone!!

• Queen Superior Evolution

Need a few minor room updates, such as the bathrooms.

Location from everything and still well underpriced compared to others in the surrounding area. We were able to check in a little earlier which was even better!

• King Superior Evolution

Breakfast was pathetic! Cold food, bacon was greasy, potatoes were very salty, dishes served to us were dirty. Brought out syrup in a bowl! (ever try pouring syrup out of a bowl)? Coffee cup had woman's lipstick on it! Charged one price of 12.9 even if you only wanted toast. We did not go back for any meals during our three night stay after the first morning and were charged for someone else to eat there on the next day. Charges pending for that.

Bed was comfortable, Good shower condition. Friendly maids.

• Queen Superior Evolution

Price was too high for the location to the French Quarter and other popular destinations. Parking was expensive and took forever to get the car out of valet.

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable! Nice outside courtyard to enjoy the evening weather.

• King Superior Evolution

Breakfast seems overpriced. WiFi speed seems rather slow.

Very friendly, helpful, and efficient staff. In general the facility left a very good impression. Will very likely consider it for subsequent visits.

• King Superior Evolution

Sometimes it’s pretty noisy, and I don’t know where the noise comes from, sounds like some sort of teen party. The front desk was quick and professional. Not many places around for lunch or dinner.

The shower was hot and nice! Coffee and tea in the lobby all the time! Convenient location. Bed was very comfy, and so as the office chair.

• Queen Superior Evolution

I thought housekeeping could have been better. They basically just picked up the bath towels. We were out of tissue for the whole time in the bathroom. I just used my own. Didn't appear they wiped couter good either. I wiped it. Other than that, great place!

Front desk and valet staff were outstanding and very helpful! Location was good. Could walk to several places in downtown area.

• King Superior Evolution

I was a 67 year-old-man staying alone in room 341 for 5 nights. During the daytime and evening a 1-gallon tank (or two) of coffee sat in the lobby to satisfy the needs of guests and others. Coffee cups and half-and-half were also provided. These were available on a complimentary self-service basis. But this hotel goes to sleep at night just like most people. At night the coffee service disappears, as does any manager, leaving a very thin over-night staff. Guests rising at 4 a.m., as I do, may be in for a frustrating surprise. The high-tech, but unwieldy, coffee makers in guest rooms are largely inadequate, and there is no coffee in the lobby. The few restaurants in the neighborhood, although nice, do not provide coffee in the early morning. I have a few suggestions. Plan A: Retrieve 5 cups filled with coffee from the lobby around 6 p.m., and let them sit on our desk over-night. In the morning just heat them in the microwave. Plan B: Buy instant coffee at Wal-Mart, conveniently located 2 miles straight down Tchoupitoulas Street, while you are already there buying regular milk, which you will also need, and which can be stored in your refrigerator. Use hot water from the bathroom sink to make the coffee in your microwave. Plan C: Spend time during the day familiarizing yourself with the coffee maker in your room, making sure that it works (not everything in this hotel does), and gathering extra needed supplies from the hotel front desk. Plan D: Tom Bodett left the light on for you. Mr. Bodett was a pioneer in early morning coffee service.

The weather outside was perfect.

• King Superior Evolution

You should not have to pay to Park when you stay in a Hotel and the breakfast was not worth the money. The service from the restaurant was awful.

Not much

• King Superior Evolution

Didn't get new sheets the whole stay and the parking is not good could include the breakfast for free since parking is ridiculous

Nice hotel and front desk help was really helpful close to everything we wanted to do

• Queen Superior Evolution

The only thing I didn't like was that I had to hold the handle down on the toilet for it to flush. Simple fix though.

Everything about this hotel was great. Valet parking was convenient also. The best part of my trip to New Orleans was my stay at the hotel. Will definitely stay again.

• King Superior Evolution

Should have been told, no parking valet parking only, and it cost $ 45.44, per day,cost me an extra $200.00 plus the rental $100.00, I wouldn't of rented a car If I knew about parking . It ruined our vacation, had use our spend money for parking, thanks alot!!!!!!!

Hotel email was nice,clean, but only one email cleaning

• King Superior Evolution

Could have been much less expensive. Was the least expensive option but still more than I wanted to pay.

The location was good for being out and about.

• Queen Superior Evolution

There should be a fan in the restroom & there was a constant noise in the shower head. Other than that it was great. Room 422

We loved the corn/crab soup. Also having coffee or tea in the lobby & sometimes dessert. The maid “Ivette” was very helpful & attentive with our needs. She was awesome.

• King Superior Evolution

Well to start the information in the computer was wrong for our room and at 1am someone tried to come in our room!!!! scaring us to death and my husband has a license to carry so he brings the gun with us on long trips which was in the room in the safe at the time you would think with the amount of money they wanted per night that you wouldn't have these types problems. Long story short the bed was uncomfortable and when you finally fall asleep you are awaken by someone trying to get in your room.

• King Superior Evolution

Bathroom paint peeling on ceiling above shower and fan didn’t work. Super squeaky bed and noise level from hallway.

The hotel and restaurant staff were very friendly and welcoming!

• King Superior Evolution

Online said breakfast included. In person was told it was $12.00. Room service didn't show up til the last day. Shower was either scalding hot or Artic cold. No in between.

Staff very friendly ( Good Southern Hospitality). Valet parking staff very efficient.

• Queen Superior Evolution

One female staff member at the desk had a bad attitude, gave out misleading information and was never friendly and was only marginally helpful .. al the rest of the stag we encountered were fabulous

Bellman and valets were friendly and accommodating ..

• King Superior Evolution

When I asked where would be a great place to stand at the front desk they didn’t even answer and said to go to the concierge, I told them no one was there and I walked away. They were very rude!

The view of the Mississippi River Bridge, Carnival cruise ship and the floats and matching groups in lining in front of the hotel!

• King Superior Evolution

Wifi signal was not so strong and you needed to reconnect from time to time.

For a 3 start hotel the rooms look amazing. In my experience in the US some 4 star hotels did not meet their quality. Breakfast was absolutely amazing and the staff the nicest people. If you don't mind walk 10-12 minutes until you arrive at the French Quarter this hotel is perfect.

• Queen Superior Evolution

Valet parking and the cost of it. $40 per night for valet parking is absolutely absurd. Valet parking for 2 days was more expensive that the cost of the rental car for 5 days. My room had a veiw of the parking lot and there were alot of vacant spaces. Guests should be given the option to self park at a fee if necessary. Would not stay at this hotel again due to the Valet Parking costs.

Staff were attentive. Glenn at Front Desk was very accommodating with with request for a room change and very helpful overall. Staff were friendly and helpful, house keeping was effective and efficient. Food selection at restaurant was good.

• King Superior Evolution

the only thing that i had a problem with was that the bed was not comfortable at all it was like sleeping on the ground or a thick solid concrete board the beds are are on a platform with only a single matress

the rooms where very clean the room the room were very comfortable i would recommend this hotel to all family and friends. the halls are quiet and so are the rooms no loud noise or people and easy access to ice and drinks

• King Superior Evolution

Water was off to the city. Told we could cancel just before we boarded our flight, not enough time to find another hotel. Even though we could not use the toilet, and only had bottled water provided by the hotel to sponge bathe with, I asked but told no discount in room price? Not the hotels fault, but not mine either. Seems like it would have been nice to meet the guest halfway, when the guest can’t even use the toilet in the hotel room they are paying full price for. Also, the AC would not cool our room.

Great check in experience. The gentleman at the desk was great.

• King Superior Evolution

An accounting error resulted in an overcharge of $300. After contacting the manager, general manager, and accounting, following up for three weeks and still no correction, it is highly unlikely I’ll stay at Hilton in the future due to poor management and faulty internal processes.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

no water in the hotel. Although I agreed to come after the hotel informed me of no water. I made the best of the situation but thought management could have made an adjustment to the accommodations although the lack of water was not the fault of the hotel.

• Queen Superior Evolution

I was charged a parking fee on my credit card used for the deposit. As I didn't use the parking I was told it would be reversed but confused as to why it was taken out in the first place. Check in was rushed and unhelpful. Also my friend staying with me was charged double the room fee. Not the best experience.

• King Superior Evolution

The staff was great until Monday when it was time for me to check out. I called for a bellhop but he didn't show up. So I had to take my luggage down myself.

Everything was so perfect except for a few things.

• King Superior Evolution

It was a short walk away from the convention center. The hotel was definitely not worth the price however. Very average room with a tiny bathroom. And be ready to pay a lot for the parking. $40 a night for parking.

The staff was nice and helpful

The breakfast "buffett". There was no real buffet involved, only fruit and cereal, all other items were made to order and you only get one shot at them. And then there were no plates out to even put my toast on, and when I asked the girl filling the fruit for one she told me they were almost closed so there weren't any more. really?

It was close to the venue that we were attending, and the staff was very friendly, especially Jason. If you eat in the hotel be sure to ask for him, he made us feel like we were sharing breakfast with family.

• King Superior Evolution

I didn’t like that the parking was so expensive. The bathroom shower was old looking and chipped paint. The chair in the room was stained.

The bed was comfortable