Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD 3 stars

821 Gravier Street, Downtown New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA

#88 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

Restaurant and bar closed most of the day. No food available. Fitness room was skimpy. Bed was hard as a rock andmt air conditioner was broken. Both rooms I was in I experienced house keeping talking loudly for extended periods of time right outside my door each morning.

Nothing really

It was fine but I felt it could have been a bit cleaner, specifically in the bathroom. Tub felt slippery and faucet dripped, housekeeping was a little careless -- leaving unfilled toilet roll holder and used k-cups on the counter one day. Expected a little better considering how high prices were for this weekend (Jazzfest)

The staff was very friendly and prompt. Offered to work with me on the reservation when my flights were being changed by the airline last minute. Location is very convenient and away from Bourbon Street noise.

Beds were very comfortable, very hot water, free wi-fi, lots of TV channels. We had to change rooms twice, once because the tub Spigot did not work and The other time was we had a very rowdy neighbor next-door. With the tub spigot, they sent maintenance immediately at 8 o’clock in the morning. It was determined he could not fix it so they gave us another room. The second time was with the noisy neighbors. They graciously let us change rooms and gave us a quiet non-adjoining room.

• Queen Room

Some of the things in the room could have used some repairs. The shower curtain and lampshade were both torn. And our room refrigerator didn't work. They did get the fridge fixed right away though. Also, the rooftop pool was a little underwhelming, though the views were great.

Floyd and the people at the front desk could not have been nicer or more helpful. I had a rough trip and they made me feel at home.

All Good! No complaints.

Our stay was Great, and the location was perfect. Everyone was Great and a Special Thanks to Aaron James for making my stay extra Special. Thanks Again! We didn't eat breakfast it wasn't included in stay. I also want to Thank Daisy Duke for fast Good service. We also ate there well worth it very Nice hospitality. I also want to Thank the Manager for making our stay worth coming back Again! Patricia Bursh-Leesville,La

• Queen Room

The breakfast was a little confusing as to the process of ordering and where everything was. Flow through the stations could have been been helped with signs or a menu with information.

The lobby had a great view as did the roof top pool area.

The sheets on bed had hair on them. I had to ask for another sheet.

Front desk service was awesome! Room was comfy. Close to bourbon street and other attractions. The pay for parking per night was only $34 plus tax. I felt safe.

• Queen Room

When I stay at a Hilton, I expect comfort. These were the single worst hotel beds I have ever encountered. We had 2 queen beds in the room and both were terrible. One of them felt like there is an object inside the mattress it was so lumpy. There was mold in the bathtub under the soap dish. And when the ice maker on our floor broke, it never got fixed. I would not stay here again.

Location. The hotel is a few blocks off of the French Quarter. So when you want to get away from the crazy, you don't have to go far. Every single staff member was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room

The pool area should be non smoking, the room should have a magnifying wall mirror in bathroom. There should be 2 comfortable chairs in the room not including desk chair. (2 bed queen room)

The staff excellent! Room service food was great! Very accommodating, helpfully.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The view was the only thing i didnt like because i pretty much didnt have one.

The staff for the hotel were top notch! Also enjoyed the pool and gym on site. My room was perfect. I love the way its set up . You can sit on the sofa and enjoy the t.v. and when you go to bed you actually go to the bed in another room.

The taxes added into New Orleans and this property RIDICULOUS. We all know there is a tax on parking, got it - but a tax on the tax? There is a VALET PARKING CITY TAX and than just VALET PARKING TAX???? This TAX FLOORED ME! TOURISM SUPPORT ASSESSMENT TAX!!!! WHAT???? THE OUTRAGEOUS PRICES ARE NOT ENOUGH? YOU'RE TAXING ME TO COME TO NEW ORLEANS AND SPEND MY MONEY? The hotel breakfast (typical breakfast items you would get free anywhere else) was $25. Three nights for the room was 372.50 the taxes were 176.93. Don't think I will be coming back to New Orleans.

Very close to attractions and the trollies. Walking distance to the French Quarters.

• King Room - Disability Access

The bed was hard try to adjust it still didnt work 2. The toilet was to short I'm a 6'3 man

The worker's was great from parking the car to checking

• Queen Room

The sink leaked, I had to wrap it in tissue to keep it from wetting up my personals. The view was awful. The past two times the view was awful.

This was my 4th trip to New Orleans. The hotel location is perfect. I book with booking each time. The staff is always friendly. Parking was cheaper than surrounding hotels.

Pool was ridiculously small, more like an oversized hot tub. Toilet was very slow to flush. This is not a place to take children. Nothing fun to do. This is in the heart of Dow town and not relaxing at all. Stressful in and out.

Staff was very nice and helpful.

The staff member named Tresha told me twice that she didn't do the booking and didn't have an answer for why I was charged extra at the end of my stay when I paid for the entire stay upfront in cash and I have a receipt. She also had to call and ask my friend if I could have a room key. When I am the one who booked, paid and also stayed in the room. Her answer... " I didn't book your room". I also stayed at the Roosevelt... totally different staff that couldn't be more polite. Avoid Tresha ladies and gentlmen.

Location and the price were great!

We were celebrating an engagement and my partner had asked for champagne to be at the room and it wasn't there. When he called to see what happened they said the call was disconnected so they did not complete the request. First, it wasn't disconnected but if it was, why not call the guest back to confirm? The temperature would not cool, we had it set at 60 to cool down and it wouldn't. The bathroom is tiny and no air vent. The view was the top of the sitting water from other buildings and the bed for as much as we changed the settings was hard hard hard.

The location to Bourban Street, very convenient.

• Queen Room

The beds were hard as a brick, they had buttons on them for soft to firm but it did not make a difference in the bed, they didn't work at all.

The staff was excellent, very friendly and gave us some good recommendations for restaurants!!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Could have a few more choices for meals for room service. Could you also have rooms with breakfast included ?

Very conveniently located, not too close to the noisy party/nightlife area so as to get disturbed yet close enough to walk to all the interesting places. Great choice of eating places and other stores around. I would definitely like to be back here.

• Queen Room

The hotel is rather old and needs some renovating done. The carpet smelled like mold and the bathroom was a bit dirty. The pool and gym closed way too early. A little to pricey for what you get.

The location of the hotel is great. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was spacious with a decent view.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

It took a LONG time to get the crib into the room, and I felt it should have been ready when we arrived late at night. The sofa bed was not very comfortable.

The room was spacious and beautiful!

• Queen Room

Valet parking each night was 34 dollars. Had to pay this for 3 cars for 3 nights. My only complaint. Not really a complaint but it was inconvenient and more than I expected. However, other hotels in the area were more or the same.

Loved the location, staff, and price was right.

• Queen Room

Bed was not comfortable.... didn't like that valet parked me somewhere where I couldn't access the car if I had left something in it. Had to wait for someone to pull the car down

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I tend to like a little softer bed, so I would give the bed a 4 out of 5 stars.

Receiving a phone call 24 hours before my arrival by the concierge asking if we needed anything before we got there was a first for me. Truly thought that was a great touch! Also, the extremely fast check-in and check-out was awesome. All of the staff at this hotel were incredible nice and smiled a lot. The whole complex was very clean! The rooftop pool area was so pretty at night all lit up. Totally enjoyed my coffee up there, as I smoke and was really glad you were able to smoke on the rooftop.

A couple of weeks after our stay I checked my credit card bill and found out I was charged for a hole in the wall that we did NOT do. It was there - we noticed it the next morning when we opened the curtains. We were trying to leave for a cruise and were rushed - therefore we failed to tell the front desk about it. I have contacted the hotel directly and corporate. So far nothing. We will probably end up losing money for something that we did not do. Expensive lesson....make sure you report any damages that you notice or you may pay for something someone else did!!!

They were very friendly at check in. Said room wasn't ready when we initially got there but we didn't wait long.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The room could have been clean as well as the bathroom. There were no drying towels in the bathroom. We had to call for them. The staff had a nasty attitude when we asked about transportation to leave to attend the Zulu ball. There was no breakfast included.

There were restaurants that were walking distance.

Mardi Gras noise and traffic! (not the hotel's fault!)

The staff was fantastic. The food was great, although the menu a bit small. Best breakfast menu!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Towels to stiff, bedsheets not comfortable or smelled good, no water in room, and not enough parking space, valet parking too expensive.

Location, room.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• King Suite - Disability Access

I booked a king suite on-line. The picture showed 2 king size beds, so naturally that's what I expected, but I got only 1 king size bed and a fold out couch.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

I had to cut my stay short because there was a planned disruption of water from 11 AM to 7 PM. on my 3rd day. I was only informed (by letter under my door) of this the night before the outage, yet the staff knew of the outage for several days prior. I would not have chose this hotel had I known about the outage in advance. Also, the bed was very uncomfortable, too soft, and the bathroom sink kept getting clogged up.

Location was excellent. Staff and services were good.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The valet was rude!

The location and staff was okay, minus valet was great. Was looking for my car keys for 30 minutes, the valet guy told me I was needed at the check-in counter while waiting for my car, got all the way back upstairs and they said "Never mind, everything was ok" so back downstairs I go and wait for my car.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Was not happy to find my debit card was charged after I had checked out. A charged that is suppose to be refunded within 3 to 5 business days. It's funny how they take it out immediately but your refund takes days..... Not pleased with that AT ALL...... Not sure if I will return solely based on the charges after checking out?!?!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Queen Room

Terrible View from Room Bar service terrible Hours if the bar awful Restaurant was too expensive woth poor choices

Beds were called mfy Staff lovely

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

** The in-house restaurant was closed on sunday. ** The Air from the ac vents had a slight smell, and sure enough when I checked the filters on the air intake, they were not clean at all, perhaps the maintenance staff missed it. Looks like a human error, not a big deal because the rest of the room was spotless.

Very centrally located. very good access to the various attractions around town. Especially the canal st, riverfront etc. The staff were phenomenal, very courteous and efficient. I reached the hotel and the valet was on his toe, "Chris", he helped me with my bags, and gave me a tag in less than 2 minutes. At the lobby, the girl was lightning fast, checked my reservation and I was on my way to the room in under 5 minutes. Loved the kind of response time. Something you appreciate when you have reached the hotel after a long days travel. The valet, were nice enough to give me local tips that helped me get around more effectively for the limited amount of time I had.

• Queen Room

Never got the sleep number beds to adjust

Def loved how close it was to Bourbon street just a few blks

All good really

Staff were great

Breakfast was good. Staff were all very nice. Good location for French Quarter.

• Queen Room

The bed was hard. The ac unit was ridiculously loud.

The roof top pool was nice.

Staff was amazing. Super friendly and so helpful. Front desk staff best ever!

• King Room - Disability Access

Ground floor of the building (the reception is on the 11 th. floor); Overall maintenance; Noise of the air conditioned.

• Queen Room

For the price of the room the breakfast should have been free.

Room was quiet and clean

The bed was really comfortable

• King Room with Sofa Bed

View from room

Location,

• Queen Room

Cleanliness, W-fi speed is good. All facilities and amenities.

• Queen Room

Staff was very helpful, Concierge's recommendations were spot on.

OVERCHARGED

• Queen Room

Staff is wonderful polite and courteous.

• Queen Room

Towels could’ve been a bit thicker and fluffier pillows:)

• King Room - Disability Access

The staff were amazing!!!!!

Price😉

Center location

• King Suite - Disability Access

the bed was horrible and the toilet could have a handicap one

• Queen Room

My family thought the beds were too hard.

The breakfast was excellent. Appreciated having water and tea available at all times.

• Queen Room

The staff were incredibly helpful, kind, and exceeded my expectations in every way!

Need ref coffee in room

Lobby with morning coffee

Breakfast!

• Queen Room

The "Sleep number" beds were broken and the lady at the front desk was rude as hell

The waitress at the restraint was FABULOUS

• Queen Room

Expensive parking, no free breakfast. I was given a room with a bad view

Clean, conveniently located

The concierge person was great!!!!

Price and parking didn't come with the hotel guest

Very convenient

• Queen Room

The valet parking and the restaurant in the hotel

the staff was exceptionally pleasant, accommodating and helpful!

• Queen Room

I was charged for parking and I didn't have a car. No I have to wait 5 days to have charged reversed.

Breakfast and parking are highly priced

Location, clean, friendly staff

• Queen Room

Other patrons partying in hall until after 3am.

Adjustable beds

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The room had no view .The only view was the other hotel guests windows

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great concierge

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The price because it was the weekend it seemed a little too high.

The staff was great!

• Queen Room

I do not feel that breakfast should be charged for the price of the room.

Location to the Super Dome.

The coffee maker

We stored our luggage there while we were waiting for our cruise which was very helpful.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I didn't stay long enough.

The room was very clean & the air was already on so the room was cool.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The concierge was extremely knowledgeable and friendly!

• Queen Room

I especially like the customer service I received the staff was great and the place was very clean and also the breakfast was very good