Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk 3 stars

560 Main Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851, USA

#3 of 9 hotels in Norwalk

Nothing, no issues at all.

Great staff attitude, clean, quiet, good room with excellent facilities. In particular, liked the fact that all the breakfast plates and cutlery were real and reusable, unlike the disposable stuff used in so many US hotels. Great breakfast too!

• Double Room - Disability Access

You have to pay for breakfasts. There is no completary no good I rate true value of money poor bc if is a expencive hotel it should be a free breakfast

The mattress was too firm. And the weather changed and the room was too cold...and the toilet was too low. I am rehabbing from a knee injury and it was quite difficult to squat so low.

Breakfast was great, service was excellent. Room was nice, with a couple of exceptions.

nothing really. their computer system was down on our arrival and took a couple of days to get fixed but they handled it well.

only had continental breakfast most mornings by choice

• Double Room - Disability Access

The bathroom tub and room wasn't clean enough and it had a weird smell when I walked in. The tub had bumps in it which made it uncomfortable to take a shower.

Free parking and the friendly front desk person who checked me in.

The WiFi was spotty. They tv went out multiple times. The pillows were uncomfortable. The room was quite small. The last time we stayed breakfast was included. This time is was available for a price that made it unappealing.

The pool was fun and warm. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Can’t think of a thing

Friendly and accommodating welcome; great room with fridge, coffeemaker, and microwave; good room temp; excellent lobby with coffee and cookies; great breakfast bufffet with wonderful omelette made to order ($13) GREAT staff!

• Double Room - Disability Access

loner check out time and breakfast can be offered for all stays for an additional price in booking

overall everything.. The peace and quiet was relaxing

The restaurant is confusing - breakfast seemed continental but the sign said $12.95 so I wasn’t sure if we were doing the right thing or not. The beds were a little uncomfortable but nothing unbearable.

Loved the pool and fitness center, check in was a breeze, staff was friendly and efficient, got a great deal on the room, everything was very clean and the convenience of booking and paying was a bonus. We loved that there was a fridge and a microwave in the room. It felt like a home away from home!

I didn't really find anything I disliked. I had family come by and they were very impressed.

The property is in a great location. It is close to major highways, well lit and clean. Parking is available on site. The front desk staff were very attentive and kind. There is decent coffee in the lobby and it was seriously the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. The pool was nice heated, indoor, large. The fitness room is smaller, but I did see it being used pretty heavily so it seems to be fine. My room was so nice and very clean. The bed was really comfortable and I wanted to take home the pillows (I didn't I swear). I will definitely stay again when I am in the area.

Front desk, room location, room was not ready. Waited 40 minutes for room. Hotel did not honor my room request.

Location from our destination. Breakfast service.

I did not like that I could hear the person next-door to me, their TV and them yelling at their child . In the morning the breakfast area was very crowded and they were not prepared for the amount of people that were there.

I like the beds and the size of the rooms were nice and clean. I also liked the location of the hotel. The staff was also very nice.

The hot tub was broken the entire time we were there because it was missing a part. I understand things breaking but we stayed there 4 days and 3 nights so it should have been fixed by then, especially since the guy said it was down for a few days before we arrived. That was one of the main reasons we went to this hotel so that was really disappointing. The shuttle smelled of cigarettes and we had to guide the person to the restaurant down the block because he didn't know where it was (we aren't from the area, hense why we are staying in a hotel) The following days there was another cook taking the orders and he was not as good as the one we had on Saturday morning. They have a menu that says omelets with spinach, onions, peppers, ham, etc. We asked for an omelet with everything on it except ham (just like the day before) and the guy didn't understand what we were asking. Guess he has never seen the menu for omelets? I'm not sure if he was the one cooking or not but the breakfast just wasn't as tasty the second two days. We weren't able to use our comforter and had to sleep with just a sheet because the comforter had a lot of hair and stains on it that wasn't mine or my boyfriends... That really grossed me out so we decided to kick the comforter off and turn the heat up to keep warm. We were there in the middle of a snowstorm so we ended up losing TV because the connection couldn't be made. Nobody's fault but it did stink.

I loved the fact that the staff was friendly at the front desk. We thought we booked the room with free breakfast, the front desk staff didn't see it on her end but she ended up giving us free coupons for the breakfast. The breakfast was AMAZING!! The first day we went (Saturday morning) there was a cook that spoke broken English and he made fantastic omelets with everything on them from the menu, the potatoes were outstanding with so much flavor, even the swirls were good, covered in icing, mmm. Our room was simple and clean for the most part (see dislike comments) There is so much to do in the area. There are many stores and restaurants around and the front desk people know their stuff when it comes to restaurants!! They offered a complimentary shuttle to and from our restaurant that we went to for dinner.

• Accessible 2 Double Room - With Roll in Shower

I had reserved two rooms, one being a handicap accessible room for my 92 yr old father. I called three times prior to confirm. Upon check-in, no handicap room was available. They first blamed Booking.com, then questioned me on double checking. Very poor service. Just own up to your mistake and fix it.

The common areas are well done and the morning breakfast service was nicely done.

Breakfast is not included in the room price.

The room is very nice, extremely clean and nicely furnished. The staff is greatgreatgreat, very friendly. Breakfast has a good selection of cooked to order and other meals from quality ingredients. Really enjoyed our stay here. Breakfast was not included in the room price and we got a bit sad when we learnt about it at check-in. The concierge was really friendly and gave a voucher to include breakfast for us. Really nice suprise!

A steal for the price we paid. Nothing not to like about saving money!

Very impressive breakfast buffet. Fresh fruit that was actually fresh. Juice bar that lured me into having 2 glasses of Papaya juice. Lemon water with sliced lemons. Make your own waffle station that even I could operate with ease. Chef on site made us a wonderful omelet, hands down one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at a hotel. Beats the hell out of the usual stale muffins and bruised and tasteless fruit you see at most hotel breakfast buffets. This room was a great value at the last minute. Booked the room using the Booking.Com app at 7 PM while at the airport and checked in at 1:30 AM with no hassles at all in bed and getting some much needed sleep by 2 AM.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

swimming pool unfortunately not heated (I don't mind, but the children do), but luckily did have hot tub

nice and clean hotel, very friendly staff, convenient room, enough parking spaces, good breakfast (luxury version of standard hotel breakfast)

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Pool was busy in the afternoon with lessons for preschool and school-aged children. Well behaved; but made use of the pool a little less relaxing for hotel guests.

Clean and modern interior. Heated, relaxing indoor pool. Friendly and accommodating staff. Conveniently located. Comfortable and relaxing room and bed.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

ran into difficulty trying to check in. the hotel did not have the reservation under my name even though the confirmation was. wasn't particularly happy with the hassle and not sure if it was the hotel or hotel.com to blame.

Did not like the air conditioning. In the room, instead of dehumidifying, it seemed to humidify the room. I slept with a towel under me in the bed. The temperature in the lobby and surroundings was too cold. And, housekeeping did not clean the room when we were out. Would suggest that besides having a "Do Not Disturb" hanger, that they add a second one saying "Please Clean the Room"

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

During breakfast a cup had still lipstick marks and later 2 plates were also dirty. This should not be able to happen.

Beds were great and the rooms spacious and clean

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Hearing Accessible 1 King - With Roll in Shower

Once there were no towels in the pool area, there should be more frequent checks, stocking of the towels.

Breakfast was great and the front desk staff were very courteous also such quietness throughout my stay. I loved it 👍🏽

Pool was definetly on the smaller side and therefore not to inviting but at least there was one. Very nice hotel but I would never pay the regular full price as the half price sale was enough.

The only weird thing was that there was garbage and a pile of dirty sheets and towels in the hall, but that could have been from another room.

Love the space in the room, the comfort level, The staff were very kind and helpful (Chef Gary is "The Sh**", Front Desk Charles is super sweet, and Bartender Nona is "the bee's knees"), and the location at the base of the highway was great for our activity needs ^_^

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Hearing Accessible 1 King - With Roll in Shower

air conditioning was not working properly but maybe we should have discussed it with the staff.

Very clean, breakfast was delicious (had french toast) staff were extremely accommodating and friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Location was perfect & staff helpful. However,!they gave our room away which we needed a double and had to get a king room. Also had problem with the toilet during night which was aggravating and unable to go swimming early because a staff member took key home.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Hilton had decided to do away with baths. Shower only. This Hilton is in the process of remodeling and has already removed all the bath tubs in favor of showers. Sorry Hilton used to be my favorite place to stay.

It's a nice typical Hilton good location bedding quiet nice.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

Facility and rooms very clean and well serviced. Staff was exceptionally friendly and efficient. Food service for breakfast was friendly and food was hot and a good value. Location couldn't be better. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The swimming pool had swimming lessons for the local kids every afternoon: very loud. I'm ok with having those lessons there but I would have booked a different hotel if I had known before

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Difficult maneuvering luggage over steps in hotel wing.

Most comfortable hotel beds!!!Inviting lobby with friendly staff and nice assortment of refreshments.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

There was a swim class going on in the pool and the instructor acted like we were interrupting when we used the pool. There was a truck beeping and moving flat beds of mattresses at 6:15 am. It stopped after we complained.

The beds were comfy. Pool was warm. Room was decent size.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

I'm a big fan of continental breakfast, which wasn't an option here (but that's fine!)

The room was lovely and quite luxurious for the price!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Bed comfortable, room a decent size, restaurant on site was quite good for the location (dinner and breakfast) Helpful staff. Premises generally well kept.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Atmosphere and bad smell of pajnts

Construction site atmosphere. Due to the painting suffocating breathing condition for me. I couldn't stay there, left within 2 hours itself and found out another hotel for staying that night! They should have told us the actual renovation situation. Painting the room and bad smell of paints made me breathing trouble

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Unclear directions for elevators. I got lost in a construction area. With new construction, perhaps more elevators could be put in, so walks to the rooms are not so long.

Good quality mattress. Cleanliness of room good. Room a little small - not enough room for two cozy chairs - but it was fine. Friendly staff in breakfast area.

Friendly staff

Beautiful

Staff very nice and room very clean

Small workout room.

Great bed. Very quiet.

Perfect for a short getaway with the kids

We loved the pool!

Property was fine

Close to where I needed to be.

Too close to the road

Nice & Clean

Parking was convenient. Safe was available at the front desk. Exercise facility was appreciated.

Breakfast should be included for all guests

The pool was heated and beds very comfortable

Comfortable spacious room

Loved it

People in the room next to us were loud and noisy

The bed pillows. So my husband bought me two when we got home.

I would recommend an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

Oak and Almond restaurant was fabulous, beds were comfortable.

I loved the hotel and their staff was very friendly.

• Accessible 2 Double Room - With Roll in Shower

Breakfast was not included and was expensive

Rooms were clean and spacious. The room had a mini frig a kuerig and a microwave.

Great place

The heating/ac did not work well and was noisy.

Staff was very nice, but did not supply a receipt

Beds were hard

Staff

Prices high

Great staff

Eggs were great

Wifi and television reception is horrible Breakfast should be included

Beds are great

Wonderful place to stay. Superb accommodations. Not a negative thing to say about it.

The breakfast is really good.

Late check out

The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming!

Very comfortable bed.

There was a stale odor in the hallway

The breakfast good, but cost too much!

Everything!

Pool was closed for renovations

Clean, comfortable

Access to the street....a lot of traffic,very difficult to make a left turn out of property.

Courteous service,at a good price.

Seemed short-staffed

Very friendly staff

• Double Room - Disability Access

Would of liked a walk in shower.

Wifi slow

Good size room - great staff

Clean, comfortable, centrally located. Free breakfast was Awesome. Many choices for my finicky children.

bed can be more harder

calm room

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

I like evrytheng

Very clening

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Hard to turn on shower without getting soaked!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

It was great, clean , nice bathriom

Browse Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk traveller photo gallery