Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown-Old Market Area 3 stars

1005 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68102, USA

#23 of 67 hotels in Omaha

I was very surprised that breakfast was not free. All I got was yogurt and a little bit of fruit and I was charged $6.99. My son just got French Toast and sausage and was charged $11.99 for his meal. That was pretty ridiculous and we didn't even know we would be charged.

Motorcycle’s in Omaha suck, I returned there 10 years after I retired & I remembered back them it was noisy that part didn’t change, not your fault

Beds were not very comfortable and it was loud, which is just being apart of being downtown but made it difficult to sleep

It was a beautiful place and staff was exceptional! Very helpful and friendly

It was downtown so loud at night with traffic & fireworks, no free breakfast.

The beds were really nice, the pool wasn't that busy, breakfast area was nice and clean.

There was no black out curtains available. There was a street lamp right outside the window and lit up our room at night. Good location for young adults with entertainment close but not for family or young kids. There was so much street traffic, cars revving engines, and sirens. We could hear people talking and screaming outside. Very loud. Disappointed we had to pay extra to park in garage daily.

Clean nice place. Good service and friendly workers.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

The fancy restaurant ,was good food, but needs to learn plate presentation. Just the steak on a place was boring. At least a garnish or even a pat of butter. taste was great.

It was my 75th Birthday and my grown children met me there. Tessa ,customer service , was wonderful. She had a wonderful plate of fruit, cookies, and water in the suite for us, O'ya they upgraded us. Really nice letter wishing me Happy Birthday. Also, Steve , the shuttle driver was excellent. The weather was very cold and he didn't complain , he always had a smile and took us 2blocks or to the airport several times. Staff all excellent. 5 stars all the way. Thank you all so much. God Bless, Mrs. Wharton

The rooms feel old and not very clean. My room was by the elevator and the noise level made it impossible to sleep well. There are no in room amenities...no mini bar, snacks, water. The "pantry store" is very small with only a few options.

The staff is great. The steakhouse attached is great.

First speed bump on curve scraped our Sonata hard every time we went up or down the parking ramp. It should be lowered immediately. Our car is a normal sedan.

Liked location and lobby.

No free Continental Breakfast . Spencer's Restaurant was nice atmosphere -- way to high in price.

Rooms were very clean and comfortable bed. No complaints. We did not take advantage of the breakfast. Parking right there a plus.

That I couldn’t get to my floor from the garage door exit and entrance.

The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was comfortable! I liked my view. It was smaller than I expected but comfortable. The night stag was semi short in attention span but I didn’t need them long. The morning staff were great!

Having to pay for parking and breakfast. No vending machines. Room was not up to the standard that I felt a Hilton should be to.

The staff was friendly. The room was cleanly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

Breakfast was a little expensive it you just want some eggs.

The location was perfect and within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. Spencer's is a great place to eat if you don't want to leave the hotel.

Going into the restaurant from the hotel, we had to wander to find our way to be seated. There is no host in the back where the entrance meets hotel. Upon our arrival we got one menu, which had food that was too pricey for anyone to pay and feel good about it. Like ridiculously high. I told them we weren't paying those prices, paid for our drinks and left.

The breakfast buffet is $12 per person and delicious.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

I didn’t think it was possible for pillows to be too soft but these were. Also never stayed were I had to pay for parking and when looking for that info on Booking.com after we checked in the only thing I saw was that public parking was available but it may be an additional cost. I feel that should be made a bit clearer because $10 a Day adds up at the end of a week, especially for those who have to budget for everything.

Staff was friendly and hotel was clean and safe

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Perfect walking distance to the Old Market. The King bed suite was perfect for our anniversary celebration. The room was very clean and comfortable!!

The eggs were excellent and my bed was very comfortable. The staff were very polite and helpful. The complimentary coffee and hot chocolate was a hit with my granddaughters. Thanks again for all the excellent service!!

The location was great because it was with in walking distance to the Old Market, there was garage parking, the hotel was very clean with up to date furnishings, staff was helpful and friendly and the bed was super comfortable!

The street noise was too loud. Traffic noise really traveled. Did not like the fact that I had to pay for parking each day we were there. That should all be incluced.

I liked the fact, that you got hot water as soon as you turned on the faucet. Also, liked the cookies they provided in the lobby. Lobby coffee was great too.

What a surprise to head down in the morning for breakfast that according to Booking.com was included in our rate to learn that it was an additional $11.95. According to the hotel staff they never offer free breakfast and Booking.com is misleading people. That’s just wrong

Nice hotel. Comfy rooms

I didn’t have any issues at all.

I loved our entire experience from checking in to when we checked out! The lady how checked us in was so polite and energetic and so sweet! And when we came downstairs all the staff was friendly and even maintenance staff in the hallway said hi and were polite and housekeeping. We ate both days at the restaurant for breakfast and from the waitresses to the cook were so helpful and polite. I have been telling everyone to stay here. We will definitely be coming back here the next time we’re in Omaha! Best stay and staff!!

Our first room was damp, but the front desk lined up a new room right away, which we really appreciated. We also didn’t like that breakfast and parking (especially) were additional fees.

Amazing location and great staff!!

The room was not what I would call clean!!! I clean for a living so I'm very pickey. I really didn't think the sheets looked good and the tub had a ring around it hair on bathroom floor and for the price of the room I would expect better. Location was great, staff was great. Parking sucks $10 what, you should have free parking.Randy and Kathy Craig.

There were to many hidden fees. A fee to part and fee for breakfast! I will never use booking.com or stay with Hilton Garden Inn again.

The free cookies.

Desk clerks were cold and aloof. Not what we expected in the midwest. Room was comfortable and clean but we would choose some other hotel if we return to Omaha in future.

The breakfast was to expensive and not great. But plenty of of places to go around the corner.

I had the best pillow I have ever used! I went on a pillow hunt after leaving. I finally found some. I liked the fact that every thing was walking distance. Food, things to do! Music, a huge pedestrian bridge to walk over that takes you over the wide Missouri river to Iowa. It was fun. And did I mention the horse and buggy ride down town? It was fun.

Made original booking through booking.com. I wanted to change the dates of my stay and was told I had to change that through booking.com rather than with the property itself. Contacted booking and was told they would have to confirm with the property regarding room rates, etc. Was finally told they were able to change my dates but apparently never communicated with the property, because when I got there they had no reservation for me! Poor communication on someone's part.

Every staff member went out of their way to be accommodating! The GM is obviously doing a fabulous job hiring the staff and training them!! Breakfast was delicious too!

room wasn't an upgrade from a super 8 but the price was. had to PAY for parking in a lot that you had to let your passengers out before you pulled into your spot because there is not enough room between cars, and my car got hit in the lot because of this. employee put chemicals in the pool on friday night before 9pm so the pool was closed...for the price for the room a continental breakfast SHOULD HAVE been included....WILL NOT STAY AGAIN...

the beds were comfortable.....excellent pillows

I wish these King rooms had a couple comfortable chairs instead of just one lounge chair and a desk chair. See, I had to really stretch to find something that could have been better.

It's right in the middle of the Old Market and very close to the Missouri River. The accommodations were nice, the food was great.

The carpet on the entire floor was damp for the entire duration of our stay. I had papers and magazines near the window that had water damage from apparently the air conditioning.

Excellent breakfast! It was supposed to be included in my booking from Booking.com, but when we arrived the staff said it was not. Luckily, I had printed my receipt and it stated on the booking form that we had free breakfast.

The folks at the counter on each and every shift we're very pleasant very helpful very thoughtful and very kind to us we appreciated their being willing to serve at all times and to do so with a big friendly smile

Parking was a little confussing...bed was uncomfortable. Our Staff did not give us information on WIFI or directions to old market but heard everything from the staff taking care of the people next to us, thank goodness. Cable went out several times while watching TV/Movie. Restaurant and hotel were a tad overpriced for what you got in my opinion.

Location was excellent, It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Room was clean. Restaurant was conveniently located.

Constant street noise (motorcycles) and trains. We moved to top floor on opposite side of building. Still had street noise, but no trains. Also had dog barking across the hall until hotel staff took care of.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

Not much - beds were a little hard, but other than that minor detail, it was pretty nice!

We enjoyed the pool and proximity to amenities. Easy check in and check out.

I was disappointed in paying a fee for parking. I would expect that in a big city such as Chicago but not Omaha where it's less dense.

The location was great for getting around the downtown area. It was a good value for the money.

Comforter was too warm, no lighter blanket. When I asked about parking you said $10 a day. For five days that is $50. You charged me $100 because we went out once a day. Please refund my $50.

Hot tub was great.

The fact that I had to pay for a q tip and the beds being a little too hard took away from the good location

The location was amazing and the kids really enjoyed the pool. Wasn't crowded and fun things to enjoy around the hotel itself

Poor wifi. Couldn't load anything on my computer nor phone...

Bed felt amazing, house keeping worked like a charm. Staff at the breakfast lounge were very nice and welcoming. Excellent cook!

The front desk service could have been more freindly and they were not very helpful

The shuddle the hotel provides excelent along with the drivers i would stay again because of this.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

We didn't get a chance to eat the breakfast, but we heard good things. When we checked in, the girl that helped us was not the most cheerful person and I couldn't understand or hear what she was saying...she mumbled...we never did hear what she was saying about the breakfast. We thought it was free, but then she mumbled something about $10 or $20?? Honestly, we were exhausted from drive, and we didn't care to ask her to repeat that, too... The parking lot was a nightmare...and the waving keys....awful! Sorry, but I could never get mine to work. Trying to get out of that parking ramp with it, was a complete joke!! Literally...we laughed so hard, we cried...because apparently we were too stupid to figure out that dang key!! (Although, in the lobby, we did overhear other people complaining about their room keys so we didn't feel quite as bad.)

The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. Location was convenient for walking to Old Market and the park. Thank you for having that little area to buy a late night snack, so much better than a vending machine!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave excellent recommendations and volunteered information that was very helpful without our asking. The hotel was easy to find off of the highway and very close to the Old Market. The hotel's van drivers took us to farther destinations and were very prompt and friendly.

Having to pay for that parking and finding out that the parking was over sold. I couldn't find a spot one time because it was full.

The ability to park off the street.

Should not have to pay $10 to park to stay at the hotel. Have never had this before anywhere we stay. Usually Marriott or in Europe. Complimentary coffee in dining room in the morning would have been nice. $11.95 each for breakfast was too much for senior appetites and a 5 year old child. We would never have eaten $36 worth of food and an al a carte option would have been welcome.

Staff came to our room when we could not get the coffeemaker to work. Very helpful and friendly. My grandchild enjoyed the pool. Chairs and towels available and it was nice.

Hotel is outdated, rooms have old hand-me-down furniture. Felt way overpriced for what you got. The room smelled because there was no fan, smelled musty, and the management called me at 8 am to demand payment because they made a mistake and booked me into the wrong reservation. We had been out late enjoying Omaha and I did not appreciate a call that early

The location near Old Market

The noisy street (10th) outside :( I just want to say that a magic eraser would clean your tubs on the bottom.

The employees were exceptional in regard to helpfulness and quick service. The room was fine --

I had two extreme experiences at the front desk. One was excellent and very helpful, the other showed a lack of initiative I had a question about the location of an attraction. He didn't know the answer and made no effort to find out. He said I can't tell you what I don't know and I don't want to send you the wrong place. Then just looked at me. There was a lack of training here maybe.

Location was excellent. We had twelve people and used the shuttle. It was prompt and the drivers were friendly. It was an easy and stress free way to get everyone around. Over-all staff and service was friendly and helpful. It was very clean. There was an issue with Booking.com offering breakfast for a dollar in my confirmation email. The hotel said that was an error and since Booking.com was a third party provider it wasn't the hotel's problem. I pushed back and said I expected it to be honored and then they could sort it out with Booking.com. After I pressed on it, they were very helpful and honored it and I appreciated it. We had seven rooms booked for a family event and I didn't want to disappoint everyone. The hotel came through!

Booking.com advertised the breakfast as $1/adult. Motel said that was incorrect and that Booking.com made a mistake. Called Booking.com and they could not resolve it. Paid $12/adult for the meal.

Breakfast was a screw job...see below....

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

We had no water for a while-were told a pipe broke in the kitchen and the water had to be shut off. We understood the situation, but was a bit of a difficult situation for the family member who was in the shower with shampoo in his hair when the water stopped working.

Very good maid service and front desk staff was very helpful!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

I don't watch too much tv., but I found that when changing channels with the remote, it was too slow. Also the floor in the bathtub was bent, and was a bit uncomfortable when taking the shower.

Very clean and well taken care of, friendly personnel. Feels good to be there from the moment you enter the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The front desk staff was not as accomodating as they normally are, especially considering that my sister who was with me is a Diamond member. We asked about upgrades, and also couldnt get Hilton points because I booked 3rd party, which I wont do again. It put a damper on the rest of the trip.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

staff was outstanding. desk was great and breakfast staff even better. never charged for that early morning OJ and a slight charge for cold cereal or oatmeal (not full breakfast charge) unlike other Hilton Gardens. Shuttle driver was very friendly. Terrific to have an entrance to Spencers steakhouse from the lobby. Room was impeccable. WiFi very good (and free).

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Pillows! Ask if you like feather type or full firm type. Paying for parking!

Knowledgeable front desk staff and very friendly. Alyssa Holley was so very helpful when we arrived and helped us out thru the week. Breakfast was great and so where the staff at the buffet. Spencer's Steak house was terrific and handy

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The room was pretty small, and our view was a view of rocks on a roof with a large vent in front of our window with a parking garage another 20 feet out.

Room was clean and location was great.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Never been a fan of parking fees at hotels. If you drove to the hotel you kinda have to park somewhere. $10 a day wasn't too unreasonable though.

Wonderful hotel! Professional friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, Spencer's restaurant on site was excellent, walking distance (a block!) from CenturyLink Center made our concert experience easy and fun! I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn of Omaha!!!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

I would have enjoyed more creamer and sugar for our coffee stocked up in the hotel room, instead of having to go downstairs and bring some back to our room.

The front desk staff was very friendly every time we left and returned from a fun day out! The hotel itself was beautiful,and I loved the gorgeous Christmas tree. As well as having a restaurant in the lobby as an option for dinner.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

There was no free continental breakfast like we thought... Instead a very expensive $12 made to order breakfast which we didn't have time for with our early flight. And their "free"shuttle to the airport came with a very pricey $10 per day parking fee which was more expensive than the airport. If we had known this we would have chosen another hotel. It made our visit tremendously more stressful than if we had stayed at another hotel. We will probably not use this location again.

I loved that it had a pool and hot tub and fireplace and mini fridge, free coffee and cookies at welcome.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

No complaints, I wish that it was just a little cheaper.

I liked the atmosphere and it walking distance to Centurylink. We there to watch the fight, our room was very clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

we got a refund but were also charged for 2 rooms so double the price. took over a week for refund but we did get it.

Our reservation had a mix up they gave us a refund

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Very attentive staff. Room was as expected for Hilton Garden Inn, which was clean and comfortable. Great view of the Missouri River. I think, for the price of the room, an excellent getaway.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

The fire alarm going off periodically for over 4 hours starting at 8PM!!!!!!!

Excellent breakfast. Also like having coffee and water available in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

We were grateful for the last-minute amenities available in the Pantry,and we loved the view from the eighth floor! Very pleasant walk to Old Market area.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Bed was a little too firm. They didn't communicate well that we were going to be charged for parking in their garage....rather they implied that it was complimentary by using our room key card. Disappointing to find out when we checked out that we'd been charged $10.00 for the parking.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

The toilet was not secured to the floor, the thermostat didn't work, the comforter came apart, and the shower area was not clean.

The location was within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and nice areas downtown.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

No free continental breakfast. They charged 6.95 per person for the same food served at any other hotel who offers it for free. I also did not like the surprise after I got checked in that I had to pay $10 a day for parking. If I am staying with your establishment I should not have to pay extra to park.

Location was good and convenient to walk to a lot of things.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Was told I would need to pay $10/day for parking (I ultimately wasn't charged this) - did not see this on Booking.com.

Location was great - shuttle service was a bonus!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

I am always put on an upper floor in the summer and a lower floor in the winter for some reason when booking through priceline or booking.com

Coffe and cookies in lobby

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

This hotel is very much on the expensive end, and then they charge extra for everything........$10 per day to park, and $6.95 for a cold breakfast (that most hotels give for free) or $11.95 for a hot breakfast :(

good location, helpful staff

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

The front desk lady could not find my honors number in the computer, so she send my receipt to my son, not cool . The lady in the morning had no trouble finding it.

It was Close to the arena. And comfortable, food from room service was excellent

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The cost of the hotel should have included the breakfast and parking garage. Thought that was just a little petty on the Hotels part to charge more for this. My husband and I thought our breakfast was included, until a girl brought a check over to us. So glad we hadn't just walked out. We were "unpleasantly" surprised by that.

The location, between the Old Market and CenturyLink.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Our room smelled like sweaty feet. I made coffee every time we were in it just to cover up the smell.

Awesome coffee! Also, a close walk to old Downtown Omaha!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

There is clearly organized crime in this hotel and they stole all of our things while we were at dinner. I spent out entire vacation getting new passports, clothes, car windows, and documents to get back home. I would never recommend this hotel or city to anyone.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

In the morning right off the lobby was a little breakfast bar.. Which we assumed was "free" of charge as most hotels do. We ate fruit and maybe half scoop of those microwave eggs and were charged $35 to our room. The staff in this "dinning" area were very rude and seemed very anxious to get the guests out. Made our morning off to a bad start..

Room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The staff at the desk were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

No cold water for am shower. We had to wake at 3:00 AM to catch a 5:30 AM flight and the water was scalding hot. We called the front desk and the staff person said there was unfortunately nothing he could do and said that they occasionally have that issue that happens. When asked what he could do he stated that we would not have to pay for our motel room.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

This is a lovely hotel that is located in a very convenient part of downtown Omaha. You can park your car in the hotel garage and walk to all events and venues... there is an amazing number of things to choose from. Omaha has recreated its downtown into a vibrant, fun city that makes it a destination worth the trip.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Front desk help was horrible. On arrival front desk didn't go over amenities. Apon checkout they had charged my card when I had said I was going to pay cash. Then when I payed cash the gal charged me for someone else's room not mine. I had to go back and have them correct it.They also double charged me for their parking garage fee.

Room was very clean.