Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City 3 stars

1100 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA

#50 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

• King Suite

Well, I was paying $243/night for a chipped up toilet seat, a set of lamps all with different switches, a suspiciously "complimentary" breakfast only if it was in your accommodations, a pretty basic continental breakfast buffet even so, enough coffee set out in my room for one person only, teeny tiny single-use toiletries, an ice machine right outside my door where people had long, loud, vocal arguments for an hour or so, $37 A NIGHT PARKING!, And set in a sketchy part of town!!! Meanwhile, my friends that travelled down with me found a place for less than half the price, no hassle complimentary continental breakfast, free parking, and nicer accommodations, with a stove! I feel ripped off, and I will not be going back to a Hilton again.

It was nearby to where I needed to be? It had beds?

It was a little cold because we couldn't adjust the air but it would go on and off.

The staff was friendly , It was very clean, The warm cookies they have at check in is the best! The best breakfast buffett .

The parking situation is really confusing. I understand that there is a charge for parking. It went from $30 to $37 and they do not give you the full 24 hours. For instance, we checked in on Friday evening and paid for two nights parking at $37 each. Since I didn't put into the lot until 7pm. I would think that I could leave my car in the lot until at least 6pm on Sunday. However, I was told that it had to be out by 3pm.

The location is in the middle of center city and within walking distance of many tourist attractions. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is also delicious with an omelet station and many other options. The wait staff was pleasant and offered coffee and assistance readily.

There was a bullet hole in the window. Less than a block from the hotel, a group was fighting and spilled into the road as we arrived early in the morning/late at night. A little concerned about my safety.

There was no access without a room key. Helped me feel more secure.

The property needs attention and refurbishment. Lobby certainly needs to be worked upon, bathroom fittings could be better appointed as in fittings and mixers.

I guess your main asset are your staff. Very polite, efficient and helpful.

Hard mattress, a half a mile walk and over to most tourist attractions,old carpet,dated furnishings,poorly lit areas and rooms

Nice restaurant, friendly staff

The air conditioning unit in our room was too loud.

The breakfast buffet was very good. However, free breakfast only comes with certain rooms and I didn’t find this out until the kids and I had started eating We had been told that breakfast started an hour earlier than it actually did and we had to rush out of there so fast that I couldn’t follow up with anyone.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Acess/Bathtub

I was given a room for people with disabilities. The front desk staff was not professional, forgot to give me the voucher, and made a joke about the room.

The parking price for the garage is expensive, which is not included in the hotel price. They also forgot to give us the breakfast coupons when I paid to have breakfast included in the room rate. But it was eventually taken care of. The bedside lamp didnt work on arrival. Facilities had it fixed within 3 hours though.

Convenient location to attend something at the convention center.

Like any downtown hotel, parking is insanely expensive. This charge isn’t included in the listed price and ran me an extra $80US for the weekend.

Breakfast was awesome. Waaaay better than other hotels “free” breakfast. Nice staff.

Parking was 74 dollars, which is outrageous considering how much you pay for room (which was reasonable) however think hotel should offer reduced or free parking for 4th and 5th floors which is designated for the hotel

Breakfast was great staff were awesome perfect right in the middle of the city walking distance every where

Room was humid and musty, carpet felt very dirty. Staff was rude. I was promised a late checkout then was called the next day being told it was not approved. Other guests complained the plane was "gross"

Bed was comfortable

The room smelled like mildew AC extremely noisy. We both had bed bug bites that showed up the day we left. Linens were scratchy bed uncomfortable. The furniture very outdated and needed cleaning along with the carpet. I had to remind myself I was in a Hilton and not a Motel 6. It was that overpriced for the accommodation. I have stayed at a lot of hotels in Philly Center City for a lot less with 95% better accommodations.

It was located to Reading Terminal which made getting food easy especially since it was non stop raining.

Didn't care for the homeless man right outside the lobby door peeing on the planter at 6am.

liked breakfast in the hotel, great way to start the day. Liked the swimming pool and coffee in the lobby in the morning was a nice touch. Called to the front desk and they were helpful and everyone was kind and cheerful. We enjoyed our stay.thanks

Broken tiles in bathroom, stains on sheets and comforter. Cleaning staff one morning were all sitting in the hallway as we came around the corner and music was blasting from a phone. Kind of awkward.

10th floor grille staff were very friendly. Sam was our server both mornings for breakfast and he was great. Always kind with a very appreciated smile. Food was pretty good. Front desk reception very friendly as well. Parking garage location so helpful.

I was quoted a price of $219 per night but was charged $239 per night. Getting in and out of the parking garage was awkward.

Dinner in the restaurant was good. The location was great.

Hair in the shower when we checked into room..ew. found a pair of underwear in the bathroom that didn't belong to us. The pool area was super gross and the floor was covered in hair. The hallways had trash all over the floors like the maid service never vacuums the hallways.

The location was about the only good thing about the hotel.

We don't stay in hotels very often & we understand the city is an expensive place to stay but I believe that $272 for a room on a Saturday night and breakfast is a lot of money.

All staff was friendly. Room was large, beds were comfy & breakfast was tasty.

The breakfast is a bit overpriced

Parking on the premises. We kept it there for 24 hrs. from the time of checkin to that same time the next day at $36 rate.

we were happy with the staff at front desk, we are a little intimidated by large cities, and we weren't even sure we were in right parking garage, desk put our mind at ease explaining about the garage and how easy it was to access our car. Also gave us recommendations on where to eat and do our sight seeing.

Check-in forgot to issue us our breakfast vouchers (but restaurant staff fixed things our first visit). One side of hotel exits to lively street, the other to a dank dark traffic underpass with street people.

Very friendly staff. Most would greet you even if just passing by while busy woking. Great central location. Soundproofing was appreciated.

The hotel is a bit dated, and rooms are run down. Hallway floors looked dirty and old. Room had a scent to it. Mattresses were definitely in need of an upgrade. You could feel it slope on the sides.

The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming.

• King Suite

While I can't say enough about the staff's friendliness and effectiveness (e.g., Stephanie in the breakfast area), the coffee and food was disappointing, a bit below cafeteria-grade.

The staff are absolutely your best asset, as every single person I encountered -- from front desk to maintenance staff -- were friendly and helpful. It's like they all had one mission, to make sure I felt like something more than just a customer.

I did not like that he room was not ready to check in until after 4 even though we were there at one. The second day we arrived back at the room at five and the maid had not made up the room yet. I talked to the maid and she came down and made up the room. She said they might not have towels until a little later. We came back to nine and there was still no towels.

The room was very adequate and comfortable.

I think with the price we paid we should at least got continatial breakfast.. the parking prices are pretty steep I feel like the parking should he included much cheaper

The location was great near everywhere we needed to go

The restaurant on the 10th floor when we as a family went to go eat dinner they put us on the bar side with all the loud drunk people that was inappropriate. You could hear everything in the hallways in the bedroom. And it’s piss poor that I had to pay $39 to park in the Hilton parking garage.

The food was good in the restaurant

Our waiter, Monroe was wonderful; very helpful and provided great service. The hallways were on the 10th floor felt institutional--poorly lit and worn carpeting. Location was perfect; nice to have warm cookies and a cool drink in the afternoon and coffee in the morning. The lobby was comfortable too. Really appreciated the 'in and out' feature of the parking garage!!

Parking garage buttons looked are strange, since they are right beside the fire alarm. I think they need to be more clearly marked so that someone doesn't accidentally set off the fire alarm for the the building.

Bed was very comfortable. Liked the added touch of fresh cookies in the lobby for the kids and a breakfast bar for me to go!

The housekeeping staff knocking on the door to check if we were still in the room 4 hours before our checkout time. (Waking us up) The smell walking passed the vile bathroom in the lobby every time we had to leave the hotel. Having to pay for the parking garage when our stay was a couple dollars shy of 300 dollars for 1 night.

The bed was comfy. There were towels in our room.

Overall quality gives the impression of a property that was overhauled ten years ago, then ignored by the new investors.

Didn't go to the breakfast buffet on the advice of another guest who felt both gypped and ignored

A little dated, and no frills. Parking was a bit of a pain, hotel shares with the convention center, but it worked. A little noisy up until bedtime, then very quiet. Not much value for the room cost but very convenient to the convention center, Reading market, and China Town. No real complaints and would stay again. Did not try the restaurant, pool, or gym.

Beds were comfortable. Typical Hilton pillows are always nice. Relatively clean and quiet, no complaints. Nice hot shower. Decent flat screen. Staff was very friendly. Able to check in about one hour early. Would stay again.

The information in the directory in the rooms are dated.

The location is amazing, you’re right in the center of everything. Bathrooms were really clean, and the beds were comfortable.

The bar opened later than I would have liked.

I love this hotel! It is impeccably clean, each and every staff member are welcoming, friendly and attentive. You are treated as if you are a celebrity with a price you can afford! The bedding, pillows, the temperature of the rooms are so comfy! My sister and I go to the flower show every year, but I look forward to this hotel as much as the show! Thank you for my 5 star stay!

The parking garage was so expensive, it would have been nice to have that absorbed in to the rate we paid to stay there. Close to $40 a day is ridiculous and the garage is so small. Not much space from the floor to ceiling.

No complaints. We loved everything about this stay. Very clean, the lobby was gorgeous. The pool was small but the kids were able to swim and have a good time. And so quiet! We were in the middle of the city and were able to sleep well, no noise from the traffic.

Noise in hall is too much, can you please put up signs saying "Please keep quiet in the hallway?" The light bulbs were all hard white (not soft white) LEDs or halogen and were jarring and not nice. They did not have a safe available at registration to fit my laptop and they do not have safes in the rooms, they really need that.

The staff was extremely nice

• King Suite

The staff was amazing and cheerful. They really took interest in making sure we were well taken care of and that speaks VOLUMES. Should we ever return to Philly, we will be sure to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again.

Rudeness of that particular staff lady at the front desk

The lady staff at the front desk on 2/3/18 10pm was disrespectful and raising her voice telling me that my 2 kids 16 and 17 yrs old are adults and not Kids and therefore should even be charged for breakfast and not considered free: she told me to stop talking so I can understand what an adult is and not; also billed me twice for one room and same night reservations ; emailed their manager and I’m still waiting for their resolutions on these matters

The decor in the rooms is a little worn - probably last renov was probably two - three years back judging by the looks - but it was still clean. I would have preferred a little more picturesque location nearer to the Historical sights - this one instead is in the heart of Chinatown, across from the convention center and next to Reading Terminal. So a bit busy but the hotel is on floor 7-10 so noise is not an issue and at least it was central to most things.

The staff here was just the BEST. Everyone was so great, from the front desk team to the wait staff. Some of the best I have encountered. The breakfast was better than most hotels in this price range. Made to order omelets, french toast and pancakes in a lovely space on the top floor. Would stay again.

The front desk staff Taneka and Shandira were extremely helpful and pleasant. We had a booking problem and they solved it in spite of our grumpiness. Their customer service skills were terrific and we left the desk happy. It was a great stay.

Gym closed, pool closed. They say that for renovation, but nothing is going on. Some gym equipment moved to a regular hotel room, but the equipment was old and disfunctional.

Superfantastic waffles for breakfast, coffee very bad, though.

Room had food under the beds and a general feeling of uncleanliness. Bathroom sink knobs still had toothpaste on them from previous people brushing their teeth. Hotel was very overpriced for the accomodation. Breakfast cost additional and parking was very expensive even for Philadelphia.

Cost of parking and tiny gift shop. Needed Pepto pills and they were out. Plus would have loved to shop for some local souvenirs. Just a suggestion.

Location and layout

I could have been notified about the parking prior to checking out.

The only thing that was awful was 74 dollar parking ticket for two nights!?!?! I was totally taken back after how much I spent on the room. There was no breakfast included although their buffet was great.

• King Suite

Breakfast was to be included with our package, we told in the resturaunt that it wasn't After checking our booking conformation, it WAS to be included. It was embarsing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We weren't satified with a $10 discount.

Parking garage is immediately adjoining but not discounted at all for hotel guests. Free WiFi very slow.

Small but nicely appointed gym. Surprisingly nice pool and hot spa The restaurant staff was very nice, especially Monroe.

Front desk was not welcoming at check in, check out and any questions for help. They need service training being that they're in the hospitality industry. Observed that caucasian guests were greeted and helped extra friendly, but other ethnicities were slighted, that was totally unacceptable. Will not stay here ever again, definitely not the city of brotherly love!

Liked that it was near Reading Terminal Market, but that doesn't make up for the poor treatment from the front desk.

Faucet handles and toilet seat to be changed.

The pillow was magnificent. The bed was good also. Room was very clean. Breakfast was good. Provided for a food allergy. 😋 Not so at dinner.😥

your web side cheated by hiding some cost and this is unacceptabel, if you make a clear and open offer i could be your customer, we do not like this as Germans. Will avoid booking via your side as often as possible your software is programmed in a way so you add or hide cost and make the customer believe he gets a god deal. Please continue with that but not with me any more Josef

A safe in the room.

Location was a bit rough, a lot of street people hanging around; room had no safe; nice touch in the lobby with coffee and cold water throughout the day; staff was fantastic, knowledgeable, very helpful.

• King Suite

Having to go to a conference while I was there. Should come back for a more leisurely long weekend

Great location, great local restaurants both upscale and not within walking distance. Staff was great.

My room was on the 10th floor and I had to essentially walk through the banquet conference area to get back to my rooms. Not ideal.

Staff was extra helpful! One night I showed up at the restaurant but they had just closed. The hotel is right next to Chinatown but I didn't know any good restaurants. I told this to the staff person at the door and they not only gave me some great recommendations (Bar-Ly) they were able to point me in the right direction.

The laundry services are quite bad, had to do many trips to front desk to get quarters etc (card payment was broken). In the end, I gave up and hung my cloths in my room to dry.

Really nice location and so many cool things to walk to. There's the food market just near by which is a must.

I didn’t like all the hidden charges. I didn’t like the staff and how they didn’t explain or tell you about extra fees. I didn’t like the pool was 3 1/2 feet and they didn’t keep it clean

The bed was nice and the room size was ok

In the middle of the night someone walked into my room. I complained. Someone at the desk didn't fully check me in so they gave the keys to my room to someone else. I was scared and did not feel comfortable. The staff was nice and gave me free breakfast vouchers. I was hoping for a discount or even a night returned to me. Needless to say I will not be back there.

Hotel was clean. Staff was friendly

The bedroom mattresses were horrible and very firm. We could not sleep well at all. The pillows were too soft. Had to ask the office for more pillows. The bathrooms were a little dated but OK.

The breakfast was awesome. The staff was very helpful. We also had dinner. I would not recommend the dinner. The rolls were stale and the sandwiches we had were so so. I would recommend the breakfast.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. I was standing with our two boys waiting to check in, and one of the guys brought out a treasure chest of goodies so the boys could pick something out. They were so happy. All of the staff at breakfast were also very friendly, and extremely attentive. Location was wonderful. Pool and hot tub were great. Overall, a very good stay.

The room was little bit worn off. Not to o bad, but i was expecting more for the money. The gym and the spa were really unimpressive

Very close to the bus station, train station, food market and a reasonable walk away from the historical area. Staff was very friendly and helpfull.

The area at night is a bit sketchy due to homeless people. I like to walk where ever I visit. And, it's a bit scary to walk a long distance from the hotel at night because, you encounter homeless people in various locations.

I love the bed at this Hilton location. I stayed here several years ago and loved the bed then as well. I also enjoy the fact that it is in walking distance to Reading Terminal Market which has everything your heart desire as far as food goes.

poor room service, despite leaving daily tips, our beds were not made on first day, and room and bathroom had not been cleaned. Reception staff not helpful or particularly friendly. Disappointing as I have used Hilton before and expected a certain standard.

comfy beds, friendly staff at breakfast, and good selection of food

• King Room - Disability Access with Bath Tub

The parking was very expensive and unfortunately there was no discount for staying at the hotel.

The hotel was pleasant, staff was friendly, and location was ideal for the purpose of the trip.

Lack of ventilation in the bathrooms. The lobby bathroom felt cramped and smelled. Beds feel very small when sharing with another adult. Water was offered in the lobby, would be great if coffee /tea was also available

Location and convenience to chinatown, transportation and shopping. Rooms were clean.

The parking

The staff was the best I came in and met the girls for the 3-11 shift they were the best they were so friendly and accommodating. Then I mia the house cleaning gal she was just amazing she was friendly and addressed all my concerns showed a lot of leader ship quality! Staff was the best part of the hotel!

Hotel is in need of renovation. Everything looks a little old and tired. There were puzzling false evacuation alarms. Parking is quite expensive (but so it is in Philadelphia in general). If breakfast were not included, it would be unduly expensive.

Good location close to downtown Philadelphia. Breakfast buffet was included and quite comprehensive.

The front desk employees can be more informative when guest stated that it is their first time in the location.

I really like the breakfast and the pool.

Higher number of panhandlers and homeless on the streets than I'd like to see.

Excellent bed, very comfortable room. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

They do not include a lot of details as in $30 for parking and threw booking.com I said I was using cash and the lady at the desk said no a card soooo inconvenient.

The restaurant had not much atmosphere and service was a bit disorganised. The menu we were given was not the same as the one in our room. Breakfast was expensive as we cannot eat much in the morning, but Reading Terminal Market next door was the place to go.

We liked the central position of this hotel for easy reach of interesting points for sightseeing, shopping, etc. The beds were comfortable and there was a fridge in the room to keep water, etc cool and fresh.

• King Suite

the temperature in the floors are a bit more fridge than the rooms (why?) the flagged floor in the breakfast room was a bit sticky a refund of a part of the parking tax is a good idea for the next stay ;-) a puddle is not a pool

there was a good breakfast (buffet and some fresh cooked things) the location in the centre of the town is good friendly staff in the whole hotel

Overall was good The servers need more training . Some host guy was very nice and friendly very profesional .

The chef was very friendly and nice he's food was excellent .

It was a sad example of a Hilton Garden Inn. The carpets were stained and overall the hotel needed a good sprucing up and some furniture/bed updating.

Location was wonderful and the staff was friendly and efficient.

Location is excellent. Easy access to the trains. Right above the Reading Terminal Market. Best of all the entire staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was an excellent start to the morning.

The view wasn't anything to write home about, but we didn't go to Philly for that, so it wasn't any big deal to us. My young son and I had something to do in NJ, and we just needed a place to stay overnight, so travel was minimal for us in the morning. The pool was on the smaller side, and the hot tub always seemed to be filled to overflowing so that we couldn't enjoy it. Other than that, our stay was wonderful and I have absolutely no complaints.

Staff wonderful, beds and pillows fantastic! So very clean!! The bar/grille wasn't as outstanding as I'd like, but still tasty and value for money was right on. I'd definitely stay here again-we had an activity in Jersey, and this was an affordable alternative to staying in a more expensive hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Acess/Bathtub

1. Fromt desk lady lied me stating that in 2 days I have to change my room. After collecting of all my stuff in luggage cases they said "it is ok to stay in the same room" 2. Room cleaning service did not visit my room on Sunday, August 6. Other days they did not care about taking of the trash and renewing coffee caps, tea... 3. AC was old and noisy. You had a choice to sleep with noise or in hot room

Restaurant service and staff

The facility didn't have that 5 star feel!! I felt like I was paying too much the entire time I was there.

The staff was great!! They were Friendly and responsive and knowledgeable!

Hotel needs upgrade and deep cleaning. See pictures, blood on the door and a bottle that didn't even belong to us. Way too expensive, almost $300 with parking, this is not NYC!

Location in Chinatown and next door to Reading Terminal Market. Good breakfast.