Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia-Fort Washington 4 stars

530 West Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Washington, PA 19034, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Fort Washington

All Staff was great and friendly that we met. The room was excellent, clean and beautiful The breakfast was great too and the staff at breakfast time were so nice and friendly and great to talk to. We would definitely stay again!

I didn't like arriving to discover that the first floor was in the midst of a major renovation. That should be disclosed to guests in advance.

The guest room was clean and well appointed

Entire entrance is under construction. Chaotic. Restaurant had to be moved to a conference room. Poor environment. Steak that was delivered was a poor cut of beef & poorly cooked. Pillows had down that I’m highly allergic to. Internet service to service is very difficult to get into without going a long process to connect.

Location of hotel in proximity to local areas I needed to get to for our 50th high school reunion

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Only thing I have prob staff need to let other guest knw it is s family hotel that has events!! Some guest wasn’t understanding about children!!

Staff was friendly helpful! Even tho under construction very clean!! Rooms roomy & beautiful! Can’t wait to everything’s to come back!!

The hotel was undergoing renovations at the time. Our room was clearly brand new! Spacious and clean. Lobby was shifted around due to the remodel but was handled fine. Very helpful and friendly staff.

The hotel was under renovation in the lobby area. As a result I didn't have access to some of their amenities.

The front desk staff were great! Checking in was a breeze!

The air conditioning was simply a hot air heater mounted below the thin large window. Since it was freezing cold outside the heater was urgently needed. Unfortunately, this stupied thing could only change between "heat on" producing a lot of hot air and noise and "heat off" doing nothing anymore. To keep the temparature it was switching every few minutes between on and off. Thus, for sleeping I had to turn it off completely ending up in a completely cold room next morning.

Although the name may suggest a certain Hilton standard, this facility is simply a very rural hotel. Rooms look nice indeed nice, but otherwise the standards a not comparable with Philly downdown. The best thing was, that via Booking.com the breakfast was inluced. However, the front desk didn't knew this, so I had to insist on it by showing the printed confirmation.

It was unfortunate that the hotel was under construction. It would have been nice to be informed of this prior to our visit so we could plan.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

There is no hot tub in the pool area, although it is advertised. The rooms and beds were spacious and comfortable. The rooms was clean. However, dust, etc has settled in our room due to ongoing renovations. A good dusting, vacuuming and wiping down of surfaces would have made it great.

Booked it only because pool and the pool was closed for renovations, not posted on website. Counter help blatantly lied to us twice. She said the manager is offer g free breakfast or a complimentary stay. We accepted the stay. When we went to check out the manager did not authorize it and we got nothing. Could have stayed somewhere cheaper.

They were doing renovations. The hotel was short staffed for a storm. Because of satellite tv the tv was on and off. The alarm in the hotel kept going off. The power was off 4 am until I checked out at 7am.

I like how close it was to the highway

The restaurant was small and the day we we were there there was a storm and it seemed the whole hotel was going there to eat. External restaurants were very scarce had to travel 15 minutes to find a restaurant. I realize this has nothing to do with the hotel but if they had a larger dining area the wait wouldn't have been to long.

Facility was very clean and well kept. Would definitely stay at this facility again when i'm in the area

You should put double bath towels for each person staying in room. Coffee was good but the plastic coffee pots put on table need to be replaced. Old and dirty looking.

Very nice hotel. Clean and very friendly staff. All Waitresses at breakfast very accommodating and friendly .

In Ft. Washington for a wedding. Selected hotel for the convenience of where we needed to be, overall very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. The boys enjoyed the pool.

That booking said my friends reservation had breakfast included but that’s not the info the hotel received. So booking.com should get the correct information to the hotel. They were great enough to still give it to us taking our word for it. But that’s on bookings side to make sure that’s all set.

The staff was great whatever we needed they took care of instantly.

For the price breakfast should have been included. It was previously. I thought I had book the Holiday Inn next door. Next time I will.

quiet, clean room

Internet kept having to log back in after having been gone and our toilet did plug up and needed to be plunged

Love this hotel staff is very friendly and helpful as we were leaving all the luggage carts were taken and a very helpful staff member came up and took mine and my sisters coolers and carried them to my car for us 1 being very heavy

noise control

The room was nice but this hotel was extremely noisy. Our room, 303, was right next to the linen closet. Woke up at 7am and couldn't sleep afterwards due to doors slamming outside my door.

The unannounced $50 hold per day put on my bank account "just in case" I haved additional fees. After I saw it pop into my bank statement only then was it explained. And even 3 days later these hold fees still have not cleared. Frustrating. Even with The breakfast buffet it took a long time to eat. Took staff a long time to replenish the food. Hungry traverlers need to be able to eat and go

Staff very friendly. Rooms clean and comfy and spacious.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The bed was way too hard for me. I woke up a ton throughout the first night and in the morning was sore all over and felt like I had a bruise on my hip. I brought this up to the desk clerk and asked if I could request a mattress topper; she had no idea what I was taking about, so I asked about a duvet instead. She had to call the maintenance/crew guy that was there. Once it was all repeated, he responded with, "like a blanket?" So, for the second night of our stay, I got a comforter that I had to fold over to sleep on. I was able to sleep through the night (although that may have just been from me being exhausted) and I didn't feel like I had any bruises, but I'm still sore. Probably won't stay at this chain again simply because of the bed comfort and how it was handled.

The hotel was very nice, and the staff at the restaurant were very kind and engaging. We had to get a disability accessible room (all they had left), and the shower in it was amazing! Breakfast was complimentary, although I don't think that was initially advertised.

The staff were not friendly. It’s hard to order something to eat during breakfast. No one get in touch with you. Poor breakfast.

Lots of parking place. Gas station near the hotel.

room was HOT! AC couldn't keep up. make sure you know breakfast is NOT included! surprise!

excellent clean room. nice small pool. spotless. really nice staff

There was a lot of noise in the next room (tv on all night). There was no working phone in our room to let the staff know, internally, about the issue. My husband went to the desk in the middle of the night.

Staff were nice

Nothing really.

Extremely pleasant, helpful staff. Check-in and check-out, both very easy. Easy to locate close to the turnpike exit and handy to get in to Philadelphia.

• King Room - Disability Access

rooms are poorly isolated from each other. You clearly hear everything what is happening in the other room. Receptionist not properly trained for the job. Should get better management follow up. Basic tasks proved not to be done as should. Took me a while before I could get an invoice for my bookkeeping. This hotel as such does not correspond to what I would expect from a Hilton group hotel

friendliness of staff members.

This hotel really exceeded my expectations. We were greeted immediately upon arrival. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was HUGE! And I am not a huge breakfast eater - but it was AWESOME. If I am ever in the area again I will definitely be staying here.

Beds & pillows were hard. Could hear the people in the next room, not a big fan of the joining rooms. Breakfast was $11.95/person.

Staff was very friendly.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Well, in this new age, more plug outlets are always a plus😏

Our room was clean, spacious, had many amenities. Very comfy and clean. I will look for Hilton Garden Inns whenever I travel.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

No snack vending machine except for water and soda. The toaster was slow and it took several tries to get a bagel well-toasted.

My grandson and I enjoyed the hot oatmeal. We all enjoyed the yogurt and fresh fruit, the made-to-order omelettes, and crispy bacon. The staff was pleasant and the dining area was bright, and clean. The beds were super comfy, the room clean, the pool offered lots of entertainment. Our overall experience was great! We'll be back!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Nothing to my knowledge during my stay at Hilton Garden Inn.

The breakfast and dinner served during my stay at Hilton Garden Inn was very, very tasty. Service was friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Pool had too much bleach. Eyes started burning the minute we walked in the pool area.

Very comfortable beds. Room had lots of space to walk around comfortably. Very well kept facility.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

No hotel mattresses or pillows are ever that comfortable. This was definitely not the worst but definitely not a cloud. very bouncy

It was clean, staff was very accommodating, nice breakfast buffet in the morning. Overall a pretty good time

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

We went for a whole evening and night with no power and they did not even offer a discount. The pillows are awful. The tv hardly worked and the remote died. We had to change out key cards twice because they would not work. Location is hard to turn into off of road.

The staff were very nice and talkative, especially in the restaurant. The room was clean

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The hot water went off one day for a few hours. Then the next day, the electricity went out for the entire hotel, again for a few hours. Again, the staff responded well, but it was a bit inconvenient.

Beds were comfortable, and the staff were very helpful, very friendly, and very apologetic about the inconveniences that occurred during our stay (see The Bad).

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

dirty pool. The breakfast was not as good as usual. I think for that amount of money the eggs wouldn't be so runny. The Hampton has a full breakfast included no charge. you should do that too.

we usually only stay at Hilton Garden.. we look forward to the pool and hot tub but it was pretty dirty. there was a graduation next room I think which was fine but there were a lot of younger kids jumping around in the pool and disruptive. no one said anything. someone was to come and check on this and they never showed so we just went back to our room.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

No lunch on Sunday. Jacuzzi didn't bubble. No towels were in pool area.

Beds & pillows comfy. Rooms were spacious. Bar was open late. Loved the patio area. Parking was ample.

I thought I saw a hot tub by the pool in the photo section, so I was dissapointed.

The rooms were very big and more than accommodating with space.

The restaurant was under construction.

I wasn't aware that the place was being remodeled, so it was definitely upsetting to me.

I didn't eat anything

Even though the lobby was under construction, the service was great.

• King Room - Disability Access

Amenities shows a hot tub which was removed and not updated on the website

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Slow check-in; a bit noisy (easy to hear noises in hallway); heavily air-freshener smell in room

Bed was comfortable; large room, fairly clean

Under renovation

Staff worked hard

Large room. Lobby area’s large table and fireplace.

It was nice

We enjoyed our visit

staff at the breakfast facility were rude and inefficient

Heating - horrible!

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

From the time we checked in until we checked out our stay was wonderful!

Great breakfast, great staff, rooms have a decent space. Everything is awesome as always at that place!

Breakfast used to be included. Will be always go to holiday inn.

Shower floor a bit slick

Great room, staff was very helpful when we had Wi-Fi connection issue (seniors have issues at times lol)

I liked everything, staff was awesome.

Food was great better than most restaurants

Toilet seat needs to be changed

Sheets and towels smelled clean...chlorine!

Parking lot was full. Had to park far.it was nice

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The pillows were amazing!!!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The Keurig in my room did not work

Water, coffee and tea in the lobby

I love the set up and mostly the cleaniness its a perfect family hotel i told everyone about it!! Alot to do with kids and ur mate..

the breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The TV was small and seems outdated

Friendly staff, good location, clean and spacious room, and it is reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Pool closed early than we thought and we weren't able to connect to the wifi

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Nice and clean. Great breakfast. No issues whatsoever with WiFi.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Breakfast was good as well. Staff was very friendly I highly recommend staying here

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Great, convenient location, with lots of surrounding small towns with good restaurants.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

It's a bit pricey

Alan I. saved our trip from the disaster that booking.com created. Entire staff is great. We will be bavk!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Excellent Garden Inn.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The wine is very expensive at the bar

Super beds really comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

No complaints

Quick service roomy accommodations. Clean pool and plenty of parking .

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The towels for the pool were like things hand towels

The bed was awesome. The kids loved the pool

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Rec room was a bit sparse.

Clean, Quiet. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

They didn't have enough towels and was over booked

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Have no complaints

I like the employee the place was very warm and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Unclean communication on checking in as to whether breakfast was included. Had breakfast there only one morning. Parking was very difficult on Friday evening as a large group was meeting there until 10 p.m. and we returned earlier.

Spacious room, soothing decor. Would have appreciated choice of a simple free breakfast as well as all that was available..we don't eat so much every morning. Nice public space. Were there for a small high school reunion in Chestnut Hill

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Nothing it was perfect

Staff was very courteous and friendly. A shuttle was provided to and from the venue we were attending a wedding at. We were also able to check in early as to settle our things in prior to the wedding.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Room was right by the elevator so noise was constant.

Bed was perfect. Housekeeping was very accommodating. Hotel is right off of turnpike with easy access to Philadelphia and Valley Forge.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

I didn't like that it took ten minutes for staff to greet me at the front desk and rush through my check in, and having to call the desk multiple times for toilet paper. The staff seemed to wrapped up in other things and letting their small leisure customers fend for themselves.

I like the ambiance and scene of the hotel.

There are also 58 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.