Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport 3 stars

#56 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great hotel - but AC was broken in conference room - BUMMER
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Came for a seminar. Air conditioner in conference room broke. VERY HOT and hard to focus on the speaker's presentation.

Clean and convenient to airport

I was leaving too early for breakfast.

The parking lit has a Waffle House right in front of the hotel. At 1 am people were congregated in the parking lot, laughing and screaming. Went on for hours. Not the fault of the hotel but its certainly an issue.

I was leaving too early for breakfast. Was not offered a bagged take away breakfast. That would have been nice.

we had an issue with the room we were given, but the staff immediately resolved the issue.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

in our room there were lights on the plug outlets. the lights were bright at night and they made it hard to fall asleep. we blocked the lights with the coffee maker and cardboard..

the chef at the breakfast bar was very good and made the best omlets

I would stay again

I feel for the price of your rooms that a Continental Breakfast should be offer. Also $10.95 is too high for what was offer

Your staff was excellent very friendly and the room was great

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

There was not a place to hang our bath towels in the bathroom.

I loved the decor of the room, nice, spacious and clean. The staff were very nice and helpful. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was very good and served in a timely manner. I did like that they had food, snacks and drinks that could be brought at the front desk and didn't have to use vending machines. The shuttle picked us up at the requested time and we were promptly taken to the airport. We did have a problem finding the hotel, we tried calling for directions but could not get through, once we finally arrived the staff informed us that the area had a phone outage and they apologized to us for the difficulty of finding the property and getting through to them by phone.

Everyone seemed to smoke at this property, staff and guests.

Everyone seemed to smoke at this property, staff and guests. Laying out by the pool you had to smell all the smoke and there were full ashtrays at the tables every day.

Great value with excellent quality!

Room much larger than expected with a lot of nice amentities. Very clean and quiet so close to air port. Shuttle service to air port quick with personable driver.

I went to the wrong HGI and they directed me to the correct...

I went to the wrong HGI and they directed me to the correct one. When I arrived they had my room key ready and gave me a coupon for a free drink in the bar. Although I did not use the coupon, it was a nice gesture on their part.

Good if you are just passing by.

The hotel was in repairs when visited and the area looked bit like a building site. There is no bar and the restaurant is very simple.

Staff was useful and friendly and hotel provided free shuttle to town.

Phoenix stay

The desk didn't give me proper instructions on where the airport shuttle picked up guests. I had to wait a long time for the shuttle.

It was clean and comfortable.

Good hotel

would have appreciated having the sink outside the bathroom. Would have liked more hooks and hangars for clothes.

Room was spacious. 24 hr waffle house within few feet of hotel gave us an opportunity for late night dinner snack upon our arrival on Dec 24th and went there for breakfast on Dec 25th as well.

For a 1 nighter i thought i was fine just gotta keep nosie down for other guests even thought there
    • King Suite

The evening colored man working the front desk was lazy and mean..

The on site bar and restaurant people where nice and the lady who checked me inn was very helpful and kind and understood my situation.

Comfortable room with very thin walls

The walls are terribly thin. I can hear the people up stairs walking around and it sounds like they’re about to fall through the ceiling.

The room is large and up to date.

currently being remodeled, construction everywhere

bed was very comfortable, the construction and unfinished halls made bad overall impression, they should have closed while they were renovating.

currently being remodeled, construction everywhere

It was a quick trip to look at a potential retirement home. Closing is scheduled for 11/2.
    • King Suite

The construction project completed.

The hotel was under construction and it was still a very enjoyable stay. Good food. Easy to get to our destinations. Clean and shiny bathroom.

Horrible

The horrid cigarette smell throughout the Building The assistant manager Jason The staff downstairs in the “ lobby “

I liked the set up of the room for one , I did like the attitude of the room service attendant , and also the size of the room.

Great value and good staff service.

The whole hotel could do with a bit of a facelift. It is an old-style Hilton design with older furnishings which, while still adequate for purpose, could do with some updating. However, that said, it was a very comfortable place to stay so don't be put off by that remark.

Service by the staff was excellent. They were very attentive and efficient. The evening meal was good and the bar service excellent. Breakfast was well priced, with fresh food and well prepared hot meals. The room size was very good (we had a twin bed room). Plenty of room to move around and relax in the area. The hotel was excellent value for money, especially given the setting and the quality of service.

Room was large and comfortable.
    • King Suite

Hotel was under construction. Hard to find the entrance. Hallways were very creepy. Not good for a solo, female traveler. Bartender was nice, but restaurant was rundown. Overall, not a great impression.

Room was large and comfortable.

Not a good stay at all.

The staff wasn't that friendly. I said the coffee was cold in the morning and the front desk worker didn't say sorry or, I'll fix that. She did get right on the phone but, it was like she was annoyed. Plus, she did not acknowledge me at all. That alone can make a person feel bad about that hotel because you that type of attitude says "you are bothering me, but I have to do my job". The room was very dated and it was so old, I could not feel 100% comfortable because even though the room was obviously cleaned it can never be truly clean because it was so old. I really felt the price tag of $170 was way overpriced what I received. They didn't even have a complimentary breakfast, you had to pay for that too. I would not go back.

The bed was very comfortable.

Great staff!
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Quality of room did not live up to theHilton name.

The night desk clerk, Travis, was very helpful and patient. My husband is a severe diabetic and his blood level dropped suddenly in the middle of the night. I needed orange juice at 2:30 am. Travis left the desk to get me a glass of OJ. I had to return a few moments later for another glass, but he was very helpful and patient and ran to the kitchen for another glass. God bless him! Great attitude, very professional. Bonnie Bundy

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Everything was comfortable and clean!
    • King Suite

Everything was comfortable and clean!! Very nice amenities for an affordable business/ airport hotel. Convenient on/off highway access and close to the airport. There is a great gas station and quick mart just down the street that was perfect for gassing up/ stocking up before returning the rental car and heading to the airport.

I was given a different and much quieter room after I...
    • King Suite

This hotel is threadbare and is ready for a renovation. The rugs in the hallway are worn and ragged and there is constant music playing. The lobby is small and feels cramped. For the price you would have expected a better first impression.

I was given a different and much quieter room after I discovered the room facing the road was very noisy. The Staff were very accommodating and wanted my experience to be a good one. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. They have afternoon tea/coffee and cookies. There is no noise from the airport.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The noisy air conditioners were a deal killer!
    • King Suite

The air conditioners were way too noisy. Really was a deal killer. I wouldn't stay there again. It was terrible.

The airport shuttle was nice and timely.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Breakfast was good.

The entire place smelled like mold, especially the rooms. But what I disliked the most was that the hotel overcharged me and said that Booking.com had made the mistake. I promptly emailed the complaint to Booking.com and, notwithstanding the computer-generated response that they would get back to me, I have heard nothing.

Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Very nice!
    • King Suite

The cleaning staff was a little loud in the morning in the hallways. Doors were slammed too early in the morning. I'm not sure if it was the staff or other guests.

Very nice rooms. The shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion were very good quality. Loved the Keurig coffee maker.

I look forward to staying there again !

First off I would like to say I am really pleased with the price of the room . It was one of the best rooms I've stayed in. I am considering making your hotel the one place I would like to book for all our travels . It's in a perfect location with a great deal along with a GREAT room . Thank you .

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Great place to stay when flying in or out of Phoenix.

I have no complaints.

Very quiet for being close to the airport. Beds were good, restaurant/lounge was good and comfortable. Likes the airport shuttle service as well.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Perfect stay

Loved it all

Had a long layover and needed to rest comfortably for remainder of trip. The room was clean, cozy and extremely comfortable. will definatldy stay here again. Thanks booking.com :)

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Disappointed!

Price, food quality, attitude. :(

I was stuck by flight problem. Didn't want to stay at airline offered roach motel. Just stayed at HG at Albany NY.Fabulous!!I gave desk my aarp card, no discount on bill. Paid $179.for a nice looking room. Darkening shade broken, jet tub not working,hot water tepid. As an exausted traveler I expected a lot more from my favorite Hotel chain. :(

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Very nice place to stay near the airport
    • King Suite

surprised at the large room with doors to the kitchen area and sitting area.The staff were nice and attentive. Friendly grill help as well. Sad to hear it is being renovated and hope they keep some of the old wood ambiance about it and not make it too modern. good place to stop over before heading to the airport.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Only good point was a bed to lay down on, if not to sleep.

No more than a 2 star rating. Very plain. Staff not very welcoming, just doing their job. Room dated. A/c extremely noisy . Sleep not possible. Without switching off. Then of course, too hot to sleep.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Had a very noisy person above me and kept me awake.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Had a very noisy person above me and kept me awake. When I called the desk - they responded - I can't stop a person from walking around in their room. I had to ask for a different room @ 1:30 am. I expected them to offer without me asking to move rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Night in Phoenix
    • King Suite

Furniture had holes on the arms. Air conditioner was very noisy.

Staff was very nice. She helped me print our boarding pass(think her name was Amanda).

They did not have my Booking when I arrived and tired after...

They did not have my Booking when I arrived and tired after a 15 hour journey from the UK

The shuttle drivers were especially helpful.

The shuttle drivers were especially helpful.

Clean room and very friendly staff.

Clean room and very friendly staff.

Just right! And convenient for my course.

Breakfast was wonderful!!

Close to the airport, with free shuttle.

Didn’t get to stay there long enough!

Close to the airport, with free shuttle.

I expected what I paid for, but I was genuinely surprised at the accommodations. Top Notch..
    • King Suite

Had adequate towels to start off. More was provided when requested.

Shower, comfortable bed

Noisy refrigerator. Unbalanced I believe - room 138.

Shower, comfortable bed

Spacious rooms

Spacious rooms

Great place for our short stay in Phoenix.

Only one restaurant within walking distance of the hotel.

Room was very comfortable and the staff very friendly.

It was very clean and rooms were great

Good staff and good service

Good staff and good service

Comfortable but thin walls

Walls way too thin, no free breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Construction without notice

Construction without notice

My stay was brief, but good.The hotel was under construction, but the room was nice and comfortable.

The brightness of the LED lighting in the bathroom was too bright/blinding.

Bathroom shower and comfort of bed/pillows

Fine

Under construction a little disappointing. Was not aware at time of booking.

Room was nice. Breakfast buffet was very good.

restful

Despite being under renovation and a bit confusing to find entry, the hotel, bar and restaurant were excellent. Would use again

it was convenient for getting off a plane at 1am.
    • King Suite

they didn't say they were under a complete renovation

waitstaff was great

Very comfortable and convenient.

Renovations in progress with no advance notice.

Spacious well appointed room.

Good

Front under construction had a hard time finding the entrance

Great stay

Wifi didn't work

Newly remodeled (still in progress) great room

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Convenience

Bed was a bit too soft

Convenience

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great place to stay close to the airport. Highly recommend!

coffee

Did not eat there.

Great housekeeping service!

Everything was good!

Great housekeeping service!

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Liked having the chef at breakfast to make the eggs

The bed was too hard, not very comfortable

Liked having the chef at breakfast to make the eggs

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Easy and convenient location
    • King Suite

Staff not very service minded late Saturday evening

Location was excellent

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Good value and location.

A little more expensive than it should be. Mattress was a little too soft for me.

Nice clean room with good temperature control and shower.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Sleepless in Phoenix

Shuttle bus took more than an hour to pick us up, so didn't get enough sleep that night

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Excellent location for airport flights.
    • King Suite

Excellent staff, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

It's okay

Bathroom was tired

Nice cookies and drinks in the foyer!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Very nice.

Nice layout, & Lobby. Great location near the airport. Rooms were perfect. Very comfortable place.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

It was okay.
    • King Suite

Older not the type of place I like to stay.

It was okay. A place to sleep. Easy to get to and away from. Quiet.

The room was clean and I felt safe ,the property and grounds...
    • King Suite

The room was clean and I felt safe ,the property and grounds was well kept ..

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Pull out couch-bed was awful

Pull out couch-bed was awful

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

good clean room and friendly staff, only had an overnight...

good clean room and friendly staff, only had an overnight while changing planes but great for that. Good pick up and drop off to SkyHarbour airport.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

This hotel is a perfect respite for weary travelers.

This hotel is a perfect respite for weary travelers. Our group of 5 stayed here after our hike up and down the Grand Canyon. Close to the airport and beautifully maintained. We would highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

Location to airport, shuttle within 5 mile radius, bar

beds maybe a little more comfortable, very loud somewhat outdated AC unit, shuttle not always at your disposal

Location to airport, shuttle within 5 mile radius, bar

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Room was larger than expected.

desk clerk at check out was unfriendly and abrupt when we inquired about shuttle to airport.

Room was larger than expected. Bed very comfy with great bedding.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2015

Poor location for getting to places nearby.

Poor location for getting to places nearby. Their free shuttle has a 5 mile limit and Arizona Mills Mall was 5.1 miles to the edge of the parking lot. They would not take my wife there while I was in a conference. It was .1 miles too far. They also had issues with overcharging and now actively working on getting that issue resolved. It is not a very nice hilton overall, I have stayed in much nicer hotels for a lot less money.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Employees were extremely professional and courteous however...

Food was poorly prepared and poorly presented.

Employees were extremely professional and courteous however the food was horrible. Breakfast and dinner.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Place looks clean staff seem willing to please, but the...

We got to the hotel at over 109 degrees and rushed down to the lovely pool complex. The water was soooo hot it was uncomfortable for us and the 4 other guests - the mothe 6 in Sedona had a better pool than a Hilton - something's wrong. The A/C was so loud in both rooms we had to turn it on to sleep and the pillows gave both of us a neck/head ach. Not my fathers Hilton. And the great kitchen didn't even have a real glass or ceramic coffee mug.

Place looks clean staff seem willing to please, but the system misses important details.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

The room was larger and better furnished than I had expected...

Staying only one night (returning home following vacation and we were looking for a place to stay overnight near the airport). Did have some difficulty connecting to the free WiFi.

The room was larger and better furnished than I had expected based upon rate. It was clean, the staff was very attentive and I felt very safe in this property.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

Close to the airport.

The airport shuttle wasn't 24 hours,they had to call a cab.The "adjustable" king bed was severely uncomfortable with big low spots where you sleep and did not adjust.

Close to the airport.

There are also 31 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.