Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Midtown 3 stars

4000 North Central Avenue, Encanto, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA

#41 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

I tried to pay cash and it wasn't an option.

I tried to pay cash and it wasn't an option. I asked over the phone what time the pool closed and they told me it was 24hr and it wasn't true. The pool closed at 10pm.

I will surely stay here again. It was peaceful and very inviting.

Not a thing.

The hotel was beautiful. The staff was polite and caring, they even advised me where I could walk my dog, due to it was Phoenix in July. They had a hotel shuttle for a 5 mile radius, which was extremely helpful, as I needed a shuttle to and from the Phx. VA for a procedure.

Not a bad facility per se but I will pick something more central to amenities and downtown next time

Air cond. was out so we were sent elsewhere for the first two nights. Unavoidable, however the staff wasn’t informed from shift to shift as to what was going on and what the guests had been told to do. Some weren’t even aware the whole tower was shut down. We were met with a lot of “I don’t know, call back later” at the front desk which really affected our ability to make plans etc. Location feels like you are in the middle of industrial area, restaurant isn’t open mid day and there isn’t anything around to go to without getting in the car.

Clean, nice lobby area and available shuttle.

great location nice staff, clean rooms

The bar area was not great not really inviting no room service for breakfast

Friendliness of staff and shuttle that could drive us in 5 miles snacks by front desk, although I didn't want room service they left a basket of towels and lotions outside my door, that was a nice gesture

Staff were extremely courteous and helpful.

Ability to order Room Service breakfast.

Staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The fruit, water and cookies at reception were a very nice touch.

Good location, very clean and comfortable hotel with a nice...

Staff was absent minded and slow although they were really nice and tried to be helpful

Good location, very clean and comfortable hotel with a nice lounge area

Great bed, great breakfast, and great staff, from reception,...
    • Queen Room

It would be good to have a centralized switch for the light next to the door so we can turn off everything when leaving the room to save energy

Great bed, great breakfast, and great staff, from reception, to driver, to waiters!

Luxury Price without the Luxury accommodations.

Bed was very uncomfortable. I had double beds, so I tried both beds. Set the adjustment nobs, still very uncomfortable. Paint was peeling in bathroom. I paid $680.00 for three nights,.

Presque parfait

I think the restaurant could be renovated, it is not as nice as it could be, there is no aperture to the swimming pool area which is a pity as it could be so cool to relax close to the water, under the shade of a tree.

The staff is really nice, the pool is great, I loved the palm trees. Parking is free. Beds are confortable. What else ?

There was a Buffett on site.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

AC did not work and no staff member said anything. Buffett was limited and not enough staff to meet the needs of the hotel

There was a Buffett on site. But could not get an ice t for breakfast

I've had better, I've had worse, mediocre at best.

The room looked like a DIY contractor did the cheapest lowest quality work possible. The shower leaked onto the floor causing me to use most of the towels to prevent myself from slipping. Then when i needed an email receipt it took over a week and several phone calls to people that prefer to talk over you than listen to you. sad fact is, you wont do anything to improve and this really is a pointless exercise.

the balcony

Eh pros and cons the whole stay

Our room keys didn’t work.. had to return to front desk. The elevator broke and we got STUCK in it used the stairs the rest of the trip ... no one ever said anything to us about the 2 problems other then making a joke which both things are not funny and are inconvenient

We didn’t have them come in to turn over the room.. and they left us a basket of towels and soap .. this was nice to see!!

Good location, comfy, but not wowed.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I could not operate the A/C on my first night, and thus was uncomfortable. Turns out the cooling tower was broken. Reception informed me when I went back to ask about it the following day. Not sure what they could have done about it, but I find it worth mentioning. Would have appreciated valet parking.

Great bed and breakfast.

It a good over all experience we only stayed one night
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

Beggars can’t be choosers about the rooms the room itself was fine but the beds were full and not too comfortable and the bed frame stuck out way farther than the mattress which caused a few painful bangs on the shins.

The man at the front desk was so nice and helpful consider my booking.com reservation was not there even though I had a confirmation number from booking. Always call ahead I learned that he found us some rooms and honored the discounted price. He was patient and answered all of our questions about transportation and dining

Comfortable room.

Parking is difficult. Had to walk through parking lot half block away, then through an office building with manual doors, then through the lobby, around the pool and up to the farthest point of the 3rd floor with all my luggage.

Comfortable room. Good breakfast. Microwaveable snacks in lobby.

Really comfortable bed and pillows, living room with...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room was freezing when we walked in, and the temp controls had no effect. We eventually called the front desk, and they sent up an engineer. All in all, it was several hours before we were comfortable without blankets.

Really comfortable bed and pillows, living room with pull-out sofa, on-site store

It was okay, probably would not stay there again.

no coffee available at all hours like most hotels. I did not like how we had to go outside and into another building for our room. Parking was in a lot that was not secure at night, shady characters and homeless around. The parking lot was not convenient to unloading and loading your car to your room. Usually a hotel will have a guest book inside your room with area restaurants etc. not just the hotel services.

Beds were very comfortable, did like the microwave and fridge, room overall was okay.

Overall it was ok.

The noise from the air conditioner fan.

Everything was good excepting the walk to the room as my wife is disabled.Also there is noisy air conditioner fan.

The shuttle van was an unexpected surprise!

The wifi was terrible. If I was there for work I would have really struggled. The surrounding area is purely office buildings and very spread out. Not a great place if you enjoy walking around to get to know a city. For tourists staying closer to downtown is recommended. The height of the shower head was very low and it meant I had to bend my knees significantly to wash my hair. I’m 5’10, which is tall but the shower head placement was abnormally low. Ceiling height was also low in the bathroom. One of the front desk staff was rude and unhelpful. I asked about the best way to get from the hotel to a specific location (Art gallery) in Phoenix (taxi, lightrale, or uber?) she answered rudely with “I don’t know, I work and go to school so I don’t have time to go out.” It seems she was forgetting she works in the hospitality business and that the question was fairly simple. She was not friendly at all. Other staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The shuttle van was an unexpected surprise! Some of the staff were extremely friendly, others not as much. Room was exactly as expected. Pillows were very comfortable!!

A great place to rest, relax and recharge for our trip to California.

Phoenix was extremely hot and it appeared the air conditioners were working overtime. Our room wasn't as cool as we would have liked it (my daughter said the same) but we slept OK. I reported it to staff at check out. We like Hilton Garden Inn's and tend to choose them. This wasn't a typical Hilton Garden Inn but a remodeled hotel. The bathroom wasn't as nice as the others we've stayed at.

We had a king room and my daughter and her family had a two queen beds in their room. The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. My granddaughter enjoyed the pool. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant. The food was very good and we had an exceptional waiter looking after us.

The swimming pool was awesome

The bathroom was a little cramped when you opened the door it hit the shower curtain and the beds you rolled into each other in the middle

The swimming pool was awesome

$11.00 X 2 breakfast / should have hit an outside...
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

they need to clean up bird poop on balconies and see above

$11.00 X 2 breakfast / should have hit an outside restaurant -they messed up wife's omelet order gave it to someone else

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

I enjoyed how the clerks were very friendly and informative,...

not picky enough to notice

I enjoyed how the clerks were very friendly and informative, how the building was fun to just walk around, and how the room had a nice view for outside.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The bed was comfortable and the pool and spa were great .

staff seemed uninterested and the "free area shuttle" was not available. That's one of the main reasons I booked this hotel so it really put a damper on my weekend. They should have informed me before I got there, I would have gladly booked elsewhere.

The bed was comfortable and the pool and spa were great . Nice refreshments in the lobby

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Good for business travel

Although the breakfast was delicious the price was a little on the high side.

The property is quite large with all the amenities needed for a business trip.

Besides the bed it was a great stay

The bed was sunken in at the middle. So for 2 people sharing it was a bit uncomfortable. Even with the way you can change the settings.

Room was clean. Facilities were clean. Pool was warm and clear.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The staff were helpful and friendly.

1. Breakfast was not included with room price 2. Wifi was slow, and frequently "kicked off"

The staff were helpful and friendly. Shuttle was always available.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

A solid stay for the right price compared to competitors nearby

"Free Breakfast" could have been a little tastier or healthier in terms of options presented.

Location, size of the room and laid back management

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Grumpy guest graciously accommodated.
    • Queen Room

The room I booked was tiny and I had to go around the front desk, through a lobby , then exit to the pool and on the far side of the pool enter another small lobby to the elevators for my room.

This is a lovely hotel with very gracious and accommodating staff. I was angry when I found my tiny room which required a long trek. The front desk graciously changed my room to something I was thrilled with.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Great place to stay

The location is convenient to the light rail, the staff is excellent, front desk staff is friendly and professional, restaurant for breakfast was very good, staff also excellent. Rooms are large and very comfortable and cleaned perfectly. Shout out to Daniel and Steve. Great place made our stay in Phoenix a trip to remember!!

When I entered the room it was so hot inside.

When I entered the room it was so hot inside. Ac was off and it took forever for the room to cool down!

Great few days ion Phoenix

A little out of the way in Phoenix.

High quality hotel and just what you would expect from the Hilton brand.

did not go to breakfast in the restaurant.

did not go to breakfast in the restaurant. I tried to have dinner there, waited 5 minutes and never saw a staff member.

The juice and water was excellent in the front lobby

The juice and water was excellent in the front lobby

Wonderful hotel. Great location. Excellent staff. Breakfast was delicious!
    • King Room with Garden View

Bathroom door is in a weird spot. Too close to bathtub and toilet.

Great breakfast! Quiet. Excellent staff. Loved the patio area.

I would definitely stay there again.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The facility was very clean and the services they provided were awesome.

Would like to return again when we had more time.

No complaints😀

The room was lovely and spacious. Great bed. Clean! Wonderful breakfast!

The room seemed dated but was comfortable and clean.

The room seemed dated but was comfortable and clean.

The way the pool is situated you can only get sun in the...

The way the pool is situated you can only get sun in the morning but by 3:30 pm it’s done. Breakfast is just average.

Everything was fine !

Everything was fine !

The ambience

The bathroom was small.

The ambience

Very pleased, will return to this hotel on next visit to Az.

No complaints.

Extremely clean, well maintained property. Staff super friendly and professional.

The rooms were amazingly clean.

The rooms were amazingly clean. The staff were so nice and very helpful. The breakfast was great. Overall, the location of this hotel is fantastic.

Great quality hotel for price.

Great quality hotel for price.

Loud people next door didn’t let us sleep
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Loud people next door didn’t let us sleep

maria night worker was great help

maria night worker was great help

6.0
    Meh. For $250 it was quite unimpressive and kind of a rip-off
    • Queen Room

The room was so small, it's a wonder that they could fit the bed inside.

The pillows were too soft.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The pillows were too soft. Maybe need some "My Pillows".

Will do it again soon.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Breakfast made to order. Adjustable bed comfort. What more do u need?

Good Location. Good price.

Poor lighting in room. It's an older building that could use some updating.

The adjustable bed. The jacuzzi and pool.

I never stayed here

Didn't offer breakfast

Cleanliness

Great overall place.

None.

Great overall place. Had everything I wanted for a one night stay. Great Breakfast in the Morning. Noon Check out a plus on a weekend.

It was great!

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Food in the restaurant was delicious.

Shutte

Breakfast was just okay

Shutte Close to metro rail

Very enjoyable stay

The location of room compared to the lobby

Friendly staff. Daniel was super friendly

Nice comfortable room
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking

Nice comfortable room

It was a welcome change, so relaxing. recommend this location to couples and families.
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

The atrium view of the pool and the city from my room was a plus!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great buffet breakfast

Did not like the beds Air conditioner blew in us during the night

Great buffet breakfast Staff was excellent

Great stay!

Walk from parking to room

Super clean, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

All staff was very friendly and shuttle service always on...

All staff was very friendly and shuttle service always on time.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

we would stay here again

Location is away from attractions but hotel offered shuttle service around the area.

Friendly staff, lounging area, complimentary shuttle, comfy rooms

Very helpful, pleasant and understanding staff. Brilliant!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Wonderful!

The room was very clean and the peaceful

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Great location and helpful staff

I didn't have any issues

The staff was very helpful and the room was very comfortable. Centrally located and close to everything I needed.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Very relaxing

The staff

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

Overall clean look and feel.

The sheets had a couple of holes. I expect top quality for a Hilton hotel and the price. The front desk employee was difficult, he attempted to send us to a different hotel even though we had clearly booked our reservation there for a King room. Eventually he honored our reservation, but only after another hotel turned down his transfer request. It was completely ridiculous. He gave us such a hard time for no reason. Our reservation should have been honored from the start without hassle or non-sense.

Overall clean look and feel.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Location was good.

Someone at the hotel cancelled our reservation. When we arrived our reservation was cancelled and they had no room for us. After 2 hours they found a room.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2016

Uncommonly friendly and helpful staff.

Pool was cold!

Uncommonly friendly and helpful staff. The free shuttle within a 5 mile radius was helpful. The restaurant was very good with high quality meals.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2016

Heating vent rattled all night.

Heating vent rattled all night. Reported it the next morning. Moved me to a different room because they already knew of the problem and knew it wouldn't be fixed. Shouldn't have rented the room when they knew it was unacceptable. Charged me a much higher fee than promised. Had to call after I got home and straighten it out (I hope).

• Reviewed: 30 January 2016

Looks newly remodeled.

My husband and I both wished they had different options for pillows, like they do for the beds. We aren't used to such soft pillows and our necks ached by the second day.

Looks newly remodeled. They were having a teen conference there that worried us about keeping us up, and we didn't hear a thing! Easy parking, and very nice staff as well. Loved the option of picking our own firmness on the mattress.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2016

The lobby was modern and a fast check in.

Everything was great. There was a convention at the time, lots of teens but surprisingly they were pretty well behaved, didn't hear them at night. Good access to downtown by train.

The lobby was modern and a fast check in. Room had everything needed, good Neutrogena shampoo and conditioner. Great towels, very soft. Bed comfortable although a bit too firm for me. Nice decor, lamps and big window. Free shuttle was great to take us to shopping and museums. Friendly staff and free water in the lobby. Nice pool area and heated pool. In the gym good equipment, I used elliptical.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

We loved everything about your property.

Don't know .... Maybe bathroom a bit small but that's really being petty...

We loved everything about your property. I don't know what I would say negative about our stay. We loved Kris, our bartender on 31st and Cierra (sp?) at front desk was excellent!

There are also 44 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.