Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport 3 stars

145 Jetport Boulevard, Portland, ME 04102, USA

#16 of 25 hotels in Portland

• King Room - Evolution

There could be better pillows, I would recommend bringing your own pillow, as the ones they have don’t hold much plush unless you fold the pillow all kinds of ways to make it work. The water and beverage prices were a little steep. Water was 3.25 dollars. That’s a bit pricey. Didn’t realize there wasn’t any vending machine just the little pantry to purchase items. But we fixed that by just going outside to a local market to purchase our beverages.

Property was in a nice location. It is directly across the street from the airport. Staff was very nice. Assisted me very well with room charge issue.

The only thing I give an "F" on is the Business Center. I should be able to just use my own laptop to print something. I was traveling, tired and I was given an email to get a code to print off very important documents. I was supposed to do all this from one of your computers... I am sure if someone had taken me to the business center and shown me it would have made sense but in this day and age, I should be able to just hit print from my laptop. Also, I couldn't even sign onto the computers there... Again. Business travelers use their own laptops and I had sensitive material in regards to my house sale. So a big F for the Business Center.

• King Room - Evolution

The TV stand had a drawer that would open by it's self and would cause us to bump and hit the drawer if we did not expect it. It was quite annoying.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Hard wood floors not a good idea in a hotel. People above you walking around all night. Furniture is sparce. Hotel built for 30 year olds and under. Don’t stay here if you are use to a traditional Hilton

3 days later, I'm still waiting fir my $50 "holding fee" to be returned. I don't understand why it's not just subtracted from the room rate at check in!

The beds were very comfortable!

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

I was woken up my first morning at 4:30 am with a leak in the ceiling on the second floor. The woman at the front desk was very nice but I did have to move my room at 4:30am, as it was from an apparent leak from the toilet in the room above us. Then the next night there was running up and down the halls by children until after 1am.

The fact that room service wanted us to pick up our order. There was no long term Parkin available as advertised.

Cleanliness an comfort of the room. Friendly front desk people.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability/Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

I had a reservation for a double room with 2 double beds. My friend and I were put in a room with one king size bed. When we called the front desk, they said they were filled and could not move us to another room... That was a significant problem... The clerk the next morning comped the room 50% so that was some consolation, however not getting the room I reserved was problematic.

I thought the breakfast was a bit expensive. Had breakfast with my son and the total plus tip was close to $30.00. Neither of us ate $15.00 worth of food. The breakfast was no different than what Hampton Inn offers for free.

• King Room - Evolution

The bed and pillows were very comfy. The entire facility was clean with very attentive staff. At this time of year (April) there are no flowering plants and shrubs but the grounds were well landscaped and neat.

• King Room - Evolution

Parking tricky no spots avail. Valet might be necessary. Do not like fee to book room & hold on my bank account. Did not authorize check out & card was put through automatically before we checked out. We wanted to pay with different alternate credit card card & this wasn't possible. Also, could not use my AAA discount since we booked through bookings.com

Loved king bed! Big Bed & super soft & comfy! Staff super helpful! Especially Clive, Seshawn sp? @ front desk & James, maintenance...went out of their way to help us and make us feel comfortable, Pool & jacuzzi super clean!

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Our bedding had blood stains, hair and black dirt on them. Deshawn came up with new bedding and realized when putting the top cover on that there were black stains on it. He stated he will bring another one up, after bringing the next one up and leaving I noticed a blood stain on the underneath of the top cover. I brought the duvet cover down to exchange for another, he got me another one and when we put it on the bed I saw something like lint on it so I tried to get it off and realized when I touched it that it was a fresh bloody booger. It was totally disgusting and I had to wash and sanitize my finger for about 10 min, hoping there were no diseases in the blood. I called down again and explained what happened to Deshawn, he sent someone up with a new duvet cover. The parking is horrible and the breakfast needs to be changed if you want people to come back. I went down to get our free breakfast that came with our room, everything but the eggs were out and you had to sit down and wait at a table to get them. I just wanted a scoop of eggs to go back to my room with and I was told there was 5 slips ahead of me and I will have to wait. I left without the eggs. At checkout I waited at the front desk which only had one person working at a peak check out time. He was doing the best he could with a line of 6 people in front of him.

Close to the mall and Mardens.

• King Room - Evolution

I could hear the people talking in the room next door and they were not loud people. A hockey team that was staying there at the same time was running up and down the halls at 10 pm. The bed was not that comfortable.

• King Room - Evolution

The load noise and disruptions. At 130am i was awakened by jumping, banging and thing drooping with peiple talking and going in and out. I tried calling front desk 2 times, there was no answer. I could not sleep as this went on until 3am. I wish tjere was someone i could have contacted as no one at desk other than to leave a message. Lets say i left tired not refreshed.

I enjoyed the fact there was good in room coffee and clean.

• King Room - Evolution

Sold out hotel had inadequate parking. I am handicapped and and a person not handicapped parked in handicapped space. We had no parking space. The police said the hotel, by law, had to tow the car away so we had a space. They would not. Finally after 2 hours after waiting... Till midnight... The hotel moved their shuttle and we parked in that spot. They should have towed the car illegally parking.

Clean. Senior staff very courteous and helpful. Breakfast excellent.

• King Room - Evolution

The noisy 3am guests. People who've been partying should be "reminded" others are sleeping or better yet, escorted to their rooms or refused entry.

Great location! Super friendly staff. Nice hotel. Clean pool facilities. Room was great! Breakfast and movie comped due to extremely noisy 3am guests. That gesture will bring us back.

• King Room - Evolution

Location. Since we weren't using the airport, downtown would have been better.

Value for price. We stayed because booking downtown was more costly.

• King Room - Evolution

Stayed in room 224 and the bed was rock hard didn’t really feel like a mattress. Parking accommodations were atrocious, lot was full so had to park on side of driveway, along with getting snowed in.

Standard hotel with standard amenities.

Excellent room , clean , friendly staff . They also have a shuttle that runs between the hotel and downtown Portland which is very convenient in case you don’t feel like driving.

• King Room - Evolution

Breakfast was a buffet and eggs were served separately. The woman who took our egg order apparently forgot about us, as we didn't get our scrambled eggs until a half hour later. We had already finished the rest of our food.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

My partner and I were traveling with our 9-month-old daughter for the first time on my bi-weekly business trips. I have always enjoyed the Hilton but they were very rude to my daughter. She is well behaved in restaurants and in public, but when the wait staff saw her they almost rushed us out of the restaurant and pushed us to take food and drinks back to our room. I was very disappointed and hurt.

• King Room - Evolution

The quality an presentation of the food sucked compared to a Hilton I stayed at lack of room service menu overall needs better food an menu for the price of it the be was uncomfortable I asked for bedding for pullout sofa an got 2 pillowcases an fitted sheet for my kids to sleep on not to mention I found a pill on ground

Front desk staff were nice

The automatic did work well so dining room was cold. Of note it was extremely cold out that night. Maybe they need to do some sort of enclosure for winter months.

Meals weee good

The water in my shower wouldn't turn off and I had to switch rooms after midnight.The staff didn't offer any discounts.I didn't want to cause a scene but they could gave given me sommething.

The parking lot was atrocious. It was barely plowed. The area around the pool and hot tub was covered in mildew. When we got to our room we found food in our fridge left by previous customers as well as half empty drinks on the tv stand. The restaurant was way over priced, the food was cold or undercooked, and the breakfast buffet was ridiculous. I paid $14 for my child to have cold cereal and 2 strips of bacon.

Close to everything. Staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. Stephanie and Gee in the restaurant were awesome and made my child's birthday a super big deal, even singing to her.

This was an overnight stay at airport Hilton. Could not have been more accommodating. Very satisfactory. I would particularly like to praise your airport shuttle driver, James Volsvert. My daughter and I could not have made it without his help. We had spent the night in order to catch at 5:15 am flight. Upon our return he picked us up and started our car, had our luggage and helped us. You are fortunate to have someone like James. I hope you value his as much as we do. I will never see another Hilton hotel without thinking about James.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability/Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

Room was very dated and needed modernizing.

Lobby was good. Coffee service started at 3AM! Lobby nice and spacious. Desk staff extremely coutand helpful.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Honestly, there wasn't a moment that I felt disappointed in my stay.

The breakfast buffet was great. Two things that really stood out were the eggs-to-order and the cut fruit station. I'm allergic to one of the fruits commonly found in fruit salad, so having the ability to make your own was great for me. Also, loved the spa and workout rooms.

• King Room - Evolution

The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. It's proximity to the airport was fantastic. I walked to the terminal from the hotel, yes, they did offer me a ride but I was going to be flying all day and I wanted the walk.

• King Room - Evolution

Paying separatly for breakfast, should be included with room.

We slept great, bed was very comfortable. Very clean and modern. Hot tub and pool were excellent. L

We only stayed one night, but we did not have any complaints.

The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The room we were first put in had a problem with water on the floor. The staff immediately put us into another room on the same floor. We had a good nights rest and check out was easy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability/Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

Everything met my expectations, but travelers should know you are right next to the airport if you are a light sleeper.

Location is perfect for late- night arrival!

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Everything was very well maintained, but a complementary breakfast would have been wonderful. At one point too, housekeeping brought in a stained or dirty towel that was a bit off putting, but it was replaced first thing the next morning.

The bed was very soft, and I had no trouble falling asleep at all! I slept restfully and had a great night's sleep all 3 nights. I also appreciated the vanity mirror in the living room- excellent space and lighting for applying makeup! The vanity space in the bathroom was also excellent and had more than enough space for all of my boyfriend and my toiletries. The ample parking lots were also much appreciated!

The guy (or girl) in 201 snored like a champ. Holy #@$$! It made the drunks coming in at 1-2 am seem not so bad. The front desk was out of Advil to help with the headache from lack of sleep.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

I called for a pull out bed and it took the hotel 2.5 hours to bring me the bed.(arrived at my room at 10:30pm). My kids were already in bed and I was sleeping on the floor.

The convenience of the location to the airport

• King Room - Evolution

I didn't like the mattress. I've slept at many hotels and this could be improved. Also, the air conditioner units give off a bit of a musty odor

The staff was very helpful and friendly

• King Room - Evolution

For the price of a room at this property, the bed could have been much more comfortable. It’s never good when I find hair in the bathroom upon my arrival. Popcorn ceilings? Very dated.

• King Room - Evolution

As you open the xoor it slams into bathroom door. Stayed at numerous Hiltons and breakfast was included. We thought their breakfast was included in the room rate only to find out afterwards they charged us each $12 for the breakfast. Spoke to desk help and they did not care.

my room was missing a carbon monoxide or smoke detector leaving a hole with cables exposed, front desk was notified but nothing got done. The AC was very loud every time it started on/off cycle. Loud enough to keep me and my son awake for a long time.

i liked the pool, location, bed, lobby snacks and complementary coffee

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability/Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

Breakfast was not included. Surprise! Billed $50 for 'extras' which will be refunded if not used (they weren't) --had to ask desk clerk what that charge was all about. Hope that I'll get refund.

Easy checkin and checkout.

We arrived at 9 in the evening and check in was quick and easy. We went with the whole family including the dog and the 1st floor is the only floor that allows pets which worked really well for us and lugging in all the luggage that comes with two children and a dog. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful whenever we had a question or needed anything (extra towels). It was very quiet, which is great when you have two young children sharing the same room with you. The location was great it is a short ride to Freeport, Old Port and Old Orchard and far enough for it to be quiet. The rooms were nice and clean and we used the little indoor pool and hot tub when it rained.

The location is excellent for arriving or departures from the Jetport. However, we had our flight cancelled and had to stay longer. There is nothing in walking distance.

There was nothing not to like. ALL of the staff we came in contact with were exceptional,friendly and went out of the their way to assist us. The freshly baked chocolate chip cookies didn't hurt either.

The walls must be very thin. You could hear the person snoring next to us and the people walking above us. It slap would have been nice to have a free continental breakfast.

The location was perfect, as it's within walking distance to the airport. The on site restaurant has good food too.

• King Room - Evolution

3 pm check in time (arrived right at 3 so don't know if I could've asked for an earlier check in).

Stayed during the Port Fest. That was a great time

The smell in the room. The pillows were too flat. We were not privy to the happenings in the lobby.

The room had a stale musty smell that smelled like dirty feet.

• King Room - Evolution

Our room had a strange odor, like earwax... it seemed clean, but the odor persisted. We called for a wake-up call, our room rang through as a different room number which caused concern. Sure enough, no wake-up call came. It was a good thing we woke up (our cell was having problems so we could not use it as an alarm). This was troubling and when we told them at the front desk, they apologized but offered nothing off the room rate. Our rate was at least 100.00 more than what I had paid previously, I do understand it was a shoulder season, but wow - for an overnight, almost 300.00 seems very high.

The staff was very nice, check in was easy, as was checkout. We took the shuttle to the airport and it was fairly quick.

• King Room - Evolution

Good location, comfortable bed, friendly staff, however, unable to regulate AC. Woke up in the middle of the night, room was very warm and I could not get it to significantly cool off, NOT A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

There was a foul chemical smell that made me nauseated every time I smelled it. It came from the de-icing chemical processing plant located directly across the street from the hotel. I only smelled it when I walked to the back parking lot and the wind was right - which most of the time was towards the hotel. It is so foul that it is a deal-breaker for any return visits. This is the red-headed step child of the Hilton chain in Portland. Things are dirty and broken. The luggage cart was so incredibly nasty filthy that it oozed a brown sticky substance from the carpeted area that soiled my luggage. There was an exit sign that was hanging by the wires because their duck tape repair had failed. I happened to try to use a Vacuum left on the 3rd floor for a quick clean up of a mess in my room. It didn't work so I opened the compartment and the bag had exploded due to never being changed and the filth was all over the inside and clogging the machine. How many rooms did the "clean" with this that way and for how long? There was no manager at that time so I showed the front desk and asked for another and it too was too full to operate properly so I gave up. This hotel is poorly managed and poorly maintained. Worse yet Hilton NEVER responded to my complaint I submitted to them which tells me they just don't care.

Close to the airport ample parking

• King Room - Evolution

The staff is so friendly and helpful! We arrived in the evening and asked for recommendations for dinner. They gave us a page with local options (within 5 miles) on one side and on the other side it had downtown options if we were driving. Breakfast was good and only $12 per person. A lot less then what we'd pay if we went out instead. Buffet style with option of ordering from the wait staff. We didn't need the shuttle but it was always ready at the door. And we didn't make time for the pool but it looked nice. Large clean quiet room. Husband and I really liked it here!

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Parking was a little cramped. I was in a handicapped room and, although it wasn't my problem, the water from the shower went EVERYWHERE.

Had something that I wouldn't or couldn't make at home.....this is always my criteria.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Love the place!

Room was clean and extremely comfortable. We were able to leave our car on the property while we traveled on vacation and the airport was literally 200 yards away, but a free shuttle was available.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• King Room - Evolution

300 middle school kids were on a basketball tournament trip and swarmed the hotel. 3 days of noisy hell. The hotel should have put all other guests on one floor away from noise. They didn't handle it well.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Junior King Suite

The pool was very cold. The reason we chose this specific hotel was because we wanted a chance to enjoy a heated indoor pool. My son's lips were blue from how cold he was from swimming and he was shivering the whole time. He was really looking forward to it and I could tell he was dissapointed. My husband said the bed was too firm for him. I personally did not have a problem with the bed.

Easy check in, not too noisey.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability/Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

Would have been nice to know that the pool was closed ahead of time but not a big deal.

When you have an early flight and want a place to park your car while you are gone this is the place that you want to be.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

So I received an extra $50 tacked onto my bill, and after calling the staff no one could figure out why it was added on, but no one would remove it either

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

No signs, how to get there from airport! Dead place after midnight! Nothing but reception opened. No lobby bar, no way to get food or drink. It will be ok for any other location, but not for the airport hotel!

Great staff!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Stay longer...

Scallop dinner was superb!!! Service was as well. Needed assistance with holding small luggage atop of large luggage. Three people were assisting and located wide nylon ribbon that worked until we purchased extra strapping.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• King Room - Evolution

IT was party time with other occupants and the staff did nothing but smile in acknowledgement as she stated the fact. I was very upset but I had a 6am flight to make I guess I can sleep on the plane. I will not stay again.

The room was great. The staff was great always had a smile on their face.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability/Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

The Pantry area for purchasing snacks was very empty. Staff said they had not received their refill order yet.

The breakfast and dinner selection was great. Food was hot and tasty. Nice choice after a exhausting day and you do not need to leave the hotel. The hotel is located very close to the Portland Jet Port, just a few minutes away by car or hotel shuttle.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

My wife and I had to cut our vacation a bit short because of the hurricane. As you can guess we tried to book the night before our flight at your hotel and you were booked up. Every place was full. However, Ms Barbara Darcy and Ms Kristin Foley jumped in and started calling all around Portland for a room for us. It took time and diligence but they came through. With that kind of service we will definitely be coming back to your hotel Those two should be congratulated for a fine job. Breakfast was outstanding.

The ice machine ran all night. In the morning there was a large pile of ice on the floor below the machine.

Enjoyed the food. Staff was efficient and kind.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Check out person would not give me receipt said I would need to get it from booking company. That was completely wrong. I think she was not a regular receptionist and just wanted to be rid of us. Very curt.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• King Room - Evolution

Having to pay for breakfast.

Size of room, great bed, lots of TV channels, really nice bathrooms with divided areas. Wet bar. Really nice dining room with free newspapers.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• King Room - - Disability Access/Non-Smoking Roll in Shower

Computer system had messed up my booking so that I could not access internet. Reception staff not able to over ride. Over computerisation I am afraid.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Does not apply everything was comfortable

The scallops were scrumptious, margaritas were yummy nice comfortable atmosphere. The room was so nice and bedding was cozy wish I could have spent more time to explore the hotel but early flight at 4am

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• King Room - Evolution

There was one person in our party booked the wrong hotel and you would not do anything to accommodate her for a reasonable price so that she could join us in a 40th celebration that we traveled from Manchester New Hampshire for

Didn't hear a sound

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Room - Evolution

The bathtub had hair in it from previous guest and the room smelled like mildew. We had to get a janitor to inform us that in order to change the room temperature, we had to move a chair so that the wall unit and sensor were not obstructed.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

When we checked in, it was made known that I had made reservations for 2 rooms and was going to pay for both rooms on my card. Upon check in, they asked for my friend's card for incidentals. When we checked out, I returned both room key cards and requested they charge the card I reserved with. I asked for a receipt and never got one. Turns out they charged my friend's card anyway! We were not impressed.

Very nice room and bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Checking in the staff was not very friendly, or conversant. The housekeeping staff was still working at 4:30 and seemed very tired.

Wonderfully close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

That you couldn't have a small breakfast without paying flat buffet price. That price of room increased $80 in the two weeks between my reserving first and second nights.

Beautiful room, luxurious Sheets.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Get rid of guitar player or tell him to sing and play quietly.

Comfortable bed, nicely appointed room. Quiet! Walking distance to airport (though they do have a shuttle). Friendly service, complimentary happy hour.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

W arrived on a Saturday Eve, Took some time for us to check in, The staff of the front desk very disorganized, I needed to call them back. for something on Sunday Eve., After being put on hold for 1o minutes, I just gave up!!!

nice comfortable room. great location,

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Room - Evolution

The room was about 80 degrees and had a strong smell of mildew upon entering. The AC was noisy and slow to cool the room down. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were flat. I spotted a tick crawling on the bed. At checkout, I was charged $50 more than the price I reserved the room at a third party website. There was not a manager on duty and I had to catch my flight, so I called when I got home to get the price adjusted. I was told it would be adjusted, along with some extra $$ off because of the issues. Four days later, I have not heard back and my credit card has not been adjusted.

proximity to airport

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Room - Evolution

A bit pricey for a quick place to spend the night before a flight. Breakfast was insanely overpriced.

Staff was very polite and went above and beyond to make you feel at home.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• King Room - Evolution

Hotel prices in Portland & immediate surrounding areas are inappropriately high. Brace yourself & book early.

Being able to walk from the hotel to the airport in 8 minutes was our goal - met. The hotel shuttle service to the airport is also available on demand, 24/7. Small, nice work out center, pool with hot tub, business center for printing boarding passes, etc, helpful staff, 'frig in the room. Room was comfortable & spotless. Good choice.