Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

65 Commercial Street, Portland, ME 04101, United States of America

#2 of 25 hotels in Portland

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Great stay!
    • Queen Room

Beds were a little too firm and you can see right into the bedroom windows from the outside.

Check-in process was easy and the staff was very accommodating!

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Wonderful Accomodation for a quick Weekend Getaway.
    • Queen Room

Room lacked alittle amenity (safe box) and there was pet noise (dog barking) during my stay.

Location of the Hotel and Friendliness of the Hotel Staff Members.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

With a sixth-floor room facing the waterfront and a huge...
    • Queen Room with Water View and Sofa Bed

With a sixth-floor room facing the waterfront and a huge picture window framing the bay-and-wharf view (despite the parking structure rooftop in the foreground that is easily overlooked), our room felt more like we were in a well-maintained boutique property than a chain hotel. There's a nice street-view bar downstairs, a small gym with indoor pool, and a restaurant if you need it (most likely for breakfast since so many excellent Portland eateries are in walking distance; the handsome Fore Street restaurant and scrumptious Standard Baking Company are thankfully steps away). Staff is friendly and efficient, rooms are spacious and well appointed. This was our first time in Portland and it was an ideal base; with so much to recommend it--including reasonable rates--I'd definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Our stay was an amazingly positive experience.

Not one thing.

The lobby was gorgeous. The valet and desk staff were prompt and friendly. Our room was lovely, beds and pillows were comfy, and the location was more perfect than we had imagined it would be. We were able to walk to many fabulous places in the Old Port. It was a Mother's Day gift to ourselves and exceeded our expectations so much that we plan to make this an annual tradition!! Thank you!

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Overall great location and good value
    • Queen Room

Swimming pool was described as room temperature. It was freezing and I never saw it used in the two days I was there.

Bed was very comfortable. Food in the restaurant was very good.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Paying for the location not the service.
    • Queen Room with Water View and Sofa Bed

Called ahead before checking in and they told me they didn't have my reservation; arrived and they had us on complete opposite ends of the hotel. Booked two rooms for a bachelor party, that would be if not connecting, then on the same floor. Paid for breakfast with my hotel stay but they told me I had to pay for it there as well.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Loved the Hotel we will definitely be back!
    • King Room with Water View

Only negative of the room was the water pressure of the shower.

The best thing about this hotel was the location. Couldn't have asked for a perfect place. Room was great, very spacious and great view of the harbor.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms.

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms. Walk to good restaurants within the Old Port. We just took Uber to the breweries & to Fort William. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

All you need
    • King Room- Hearing Accessible

Our view was of the back of the building. However it was quiet.

Hot tub and lap pool were great. Next door to Standard Baking Co which was great to walk right over for a coffee and pastry.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Fun girls weekend
    • Queen Room

The noise transfer between rooms is very noticeable. My friend and I were in our room just chatting and laughing and received a noise complaint, but we also were constantly disturbed by other occupants and doors slamming nonstop.

The beds were SO comfy, and the front desk staff were super friendly with great recommendations.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

The room was over 200 per night.
    • Queen Room

The room was over 200 per night. The hotel was nice but for the price point, I would expect to be blown away. 25 bucks a day to park and only vallet park as an option, is disappointing. Include parking in the cost, or give an option to park for free.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

The location was convenient and we enjoyed the pool.
    • Queen Room

Paying for valet parking was mandatory. Booking.com did NOT make this clear on regards to this property. Beds not that comfortable.

The location was convenient and we enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Perfect location.
    • Queen Room with Water View and Sofa Bed

Nothing .... except my buddy said coffee wasn't that great. He poured it out and we went to a coffee shop two blocks down. No big deal. We enjoyed the walk.

Perfect location. Great view of commercial street and the harbor. Easy to walk everywhere we needed to go. We had a great time.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

I wouldn’t stay here, or recommend it. It was, at best average.

Check in was at 4. We arrived at 3:55, to be told our room wasn’t ready, and they didn’t know how long it would be. We had to wait 40 monies before we could check in. We were one of the first to arrive for check in, and one of the last to get our room. All we were given was a drink voucher for the inconvenience. There was a laundry cart in front of our room door, when we arrived upstairs. And a huge rip in the curtain. I found it to be over priced.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Convenient, comfortable, friendly and clean!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I liked everything! Well except the in room coffee maker but the coffee in the lobby was great.

The beds were comfy and the location was perfect. We could walk to everything and the front desk helped us with restaurant selections.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

I’ll be back
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Spacious room. Our guest services gal up graded us and we had a great room with a view of the water. The staff is great and very accommodating. I asked for a late checkout and it was not a problem. When I needed my vehicle , it was brought out quickly and valet service was great

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

The pool & hot tub room had huge windows overlooking the...
    • Queen Room

The pool & hot tub room had huge windows overlooking the downtown. It was awkward to have people outside walking by and stopping to stare at you while trying to relax in the hot tub:) Otherwise enjoyable:)

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Great stay except for the very loud group near our room.
    • Queen Room

We were told to call for our car 10 minutes before we wanted to leave. So we did, when we arrived to valet the valet didn’t know we called for car. He rushed to get it but now it was cold. Overall, the guys we’re great. Probably a miscommunication. Plus, very loud neighbors.

The guys were very friendly

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Great location. Good staff. Average value for the money.
    • Queen Room

No view. Mid level furnishings and bath fixtures. Elevator floor remained littered all day. Late maid service. Average value for the price.

Location. Friendly helpful staff. Omlet station.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

The beds were super soft.
    • Queen Room

I was not aware until I got there that parking is $25 a night I didn’t mind... I just wish I had been told upfront.

The beds were super soft. Ice and vending on each floor is a plus as well... I left my wedding ring in my car and the valet went back and got it for me.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

Great stay in a beautiful city
    • Queen Room

The hotel met all expectations.. I have stayed here before and it has always been perfect. Great staff!

There was not anything I didn’t like. Easy walking distance to wonderful dining and to the Merrill for the show we came to see!!

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

The fridge and microwave were awesome amenities.
    • Queen Room

The fridge and microwave were awesome amenities. Valet was courteous and always willing to accommodate. Location was prime for walking to the restaurants in the area.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Loved staying so close to all the bars and restaurants in Old Port.
    • Queen Room

The cleaning staff was vacuuming and noisily cleaning at 9am. That, combined with their very loud conversations, woke us up & we couldn’t get back to sleep.

The front desk staff were incredibly courteous and friendly. The Hilton provides a very welcoming atmosphere in addition to spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

The best located hotel for exploring Portland
    • Queen Room

We weren’t confident about using the pool and hot tub which overlook the street and looked like they might not have been clean enough which isn’t to say there was anything wrong with them but we didn’t try.

The best location in Portland, with Portland’s best bakery in the parking lot, this hotel had a great staff, a partial ocean view from our room, a nice lobby with papers to read in the morning and coffee and tea, and great seating areas. We used the tiny gym which was nice. We arrived in freezing weather and appreciates the valet parking and elevator. Overall the hotel is showing its age but was comfortable and simply in an unbeatable walkable location. Would stay again!

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Great value in Portland's Old Port

Breakfast wasn't included with stay and pool/spa was closed during our visit. Also, bathroom floor was ice cold.

Valet was quick and friendly, check-in was a breeze. Great location and the room we had, 202, offered a great view and privacy.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

I loved that there was a couch in the room it was nice for...
    • Queen Room

Staff seemed a little stressed because of the NYE holiday but did try their hardest to make sure everyone was happy and things were done in a timely manner. They were giving away rooms to other people as they check in so people whose rooms should have been ready then had to wait.

I loved that there was a couch in the room it was nice for hanging out and relaxing. The set up of the room was very nice.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Perfect location for staying in the Old Port! Very courteous staff!

Low toilet

When we got there I was on an inside room. I used to live in Portland and really wanted to be overlooking Commercial Street and see Casco Bay. They made it happen and changed our room to à very awesome room!

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

We had a wonderful stay
    • Queen Room

We could not get credit for this stay on our HHonors membership because we went through bookings.com

Well appointed hotel, friendly staff, near all major events

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Highly recommend Portland Hilton Garden Inn when staying in Old Port.
    • King Room with View and Sofa Bed

Was not a fan of the breakfast options for the price (both hot and cold). Omelette was dry and the breakfast meats and potatoes were cold. Next time will go out to a diner for breakfast.

Bed was comfortable, room was clean and the location was PERFECT.....We were able to walk to everything, enjoy an evening out with out worrying about driving. Best hotel we have stayed in when in Portland.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

The location was perfect!
    • Queen Room

The location was perfect! Right in the heart of the city with a 5 minute walk to everything -Especially being right next door to the famous Fore Street restaurant!

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Great location, fantastic staff
    • King Room with View and Sofa Bed

The pull-out sofa had a very thin mattress that didn’t stop you feeling the metal frame.

Fantastic staff, could not have done more for us, particularly check-in and valet.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

It is not exaggerating to say that Portland is the northeast's, San Francisco. Portland is a worthy
    • Queen Room

Paying for parking at the hotel

Great, friendly and attentive service from both the front desk personnel as well as the concierge. Rooms spotless and serviced quickly. We attended our grandson's wedding and were able to walk to most of the venues. This hotel is across the street from the cruise ship berths and in the middle of what I consider the most attractive part of town and close to many fine restaurants along the waterfront.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Great place for a 2 day stay
    • King Room with View and Sofa Bed

No free parking for guests.

Excellent location to waterfront. Had a beautiful view of the waterfront from our room. Friendly staff. Room was very nice and bed was comfortable. Had a king room with a view.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Room had a great view but getting there by elevators were painful.
    • King Room with View and Sofa Bed

Hotel elevators were extremely slow and needed to be vacuumed. We forgot a pair of earnings and they were nice enough to send a message alerting us and offered to ship for$10. I replied and approved. However, it's been weeks and my follow up emails have gone without response. I spoke with the front desk and they said they would follow up but still nothing. At this point it's not worth my time!

Very nice hotel and decor was appealing. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Clean, comfortable hotel with friendly staff and welcome and best of all everything on the doorstep
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was a slightly chaotic affair although there are lots of alternatives nearby

Convenient location in Portland from which to visit the beautiful Maine coast. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Wonderful

See above

Everyone was helpful polite, and efficient. The location was perfect. The only issue,as in all Hilton Hotels, is the difficulty in getting g good and free internet.We had better internet on the Great Wall in China...seriously.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2017

Great location, excellent staff and comfortable room.
    • King Room- Hearing Accessible

Room was average for cost...nothing special but very comfortable and a great location. They also let us check in early as we arrived by bus from Boston :) The staff was very helpful and professional. Hotel could use a spruce up but it may have just been our room. Very comfortable but for cost expected a bit nicer as far as accommodations go.

Location was perfect...close to Ferry for Peak's Island.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Though the hotel has great potential, it was overpriced and lacked quality customer service.
    • King Room with Water View

Attitude of all staff encountered EXCEPT parking attendants was not particularly welcoming or helpful. Front desk staff answered questions when asked but gave the impression of being bothered.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Great location, we walked all over town and as a bonus there...
    • King Room with Water View

Nothing jumped out at me as a 'bad' experience, it was a fine hotel in a good location.

Great location, we walked all over town and as a bonus there is a pub across the road that has strong drinks and decent music. The staff at the hotel was super helpful, the valet parking attendant was most kind and gave some good advice.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

We enjoyed Portland but not impressed with this facility.
    • Queen Room

We did not like the parking situation and no complimentary breakfast. My husband got a bowl of fruit and coffee and was charged $11.95! Hotel also charged for parking which was not disclosed when we made reservations. Also the Vending machine on 6th floor did not work.

Did like that it was within walking distance to all activities and restaurants.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Friendly Staff
    • Queen Room

We couldn't get our free wifi to work Pool was not big- but we were not there for that anyway Very expensive- but location was good - they have another hotel near the Portland Airport that Is very good and better priced.

Best omelette ever Staff was excellent- Dominic took great care of our car, concierge gave us great advice on restaurants within walking distance, room was clean - disappointed we didn't get a water view for that price, on site breakfast buffet and staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Location, Location, Location...
    • Queen Room

The workout facilities are weak, not much equipment to work with...the pool is much too small, not everyone likes to just do laps!

Loved the location! Bed very comfy, clean! Water view was really nice...Staff were very attentive and positive!

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

The property was convenient for accessing all Portland has...
    • Queen Room

The pool area was small and highly visible to those walking by on the sidewalk and looking in. We had fun with it, but would prefer some privacy glass along the long expanse of windows - especially in the night time.

The property was convenient for accessing all Portland has to offer. The location allowed for friends and family to return to the hotel throughout the day and night. The staff was extremely professional, personal and laid back - a winning combination. The bartender and dining staff very engaging and informative. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2017

Great location clean room and great staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Water View

Breakfast was low end and not best choices quality or taste. Was like a continental breakfast but with cook making eggs & pancakes. Less than what I expected from a #2 rated hotel.

Lots of parking choices after 6:pm street parking over night is free until 9:am on weekends. Two Parking garages near by plus valet

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Yikes! Parking Fee Too Much!!!
    • Queen Room

Perhaps I overlooked the valet parking fee. I expected paid parking. Not quite as much as I paid. I would have looked elsewhere had I known of the high parking fee. Perhaps the fee is the same across all hotels in the area.

Convenient, good view from room. Quiet during our stay.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2017

Nice hotel in perfect pocation
    • Queen Room

$24 for parking is a little bit to much on my opinion, but it is as it is. Found no other option around ))

Nice location right across the main pier at the bay-front. Nice facilities. Everything is clean and working. Good connection speed, good sleeping quality. Business-area in lobby is very well developed. You can freely use shared PC, printer and scanner. valet parking is very smooth and convenient

• Reviewed: March 15, 2017

Everything you'd want in the Old Port
    • Queen Room

The breakfast wasn't complimentary. It's $12 per person. We tried it one morning - it was buffet style but a chef would take your order for eggs, omlettes, French toast, or waffles. We figured it would cost that much to go out to eat breakfast anyway, but complimentary breakfast is always nice.

The room was larger than other hilton's I've stayed in the past which was very nice. I called ahead and asked for an early check in and we checked in at 2:30pm with no problem. Also, I asked if we could be on one of the higher floors and they said absolutely! They put us on the top floor with an ocean view. We had a view of the sunrise as well. The pool and hot tub were great. We traveled on Sunday-Tuesday so there was hardly anyone there! The pool was open from 5am-11pm. We were right on the corner of the Old Port and were in walking distance from everything. At first we were bummed about the $22 per night you stay for the valet, but it ended up being great because it was the cheapest overnight parking around and our car was in a safe garage that only our valets could access. We stayed in a double queen room which had wine glasses, cups, microwave, fridge, keurig, desk, tv. We even had a could with a pull out bed - the room was large. 10/10 would recommend. P.s. We visited the Portland head light - light house which is in Cape elizabeth in fort Williams park. It had an amazing view and a few forts to look at. We also visited the Jewish mueseum which was beautiful, would definitely recommend. We also went to the Portland art museum. Walked through the Old Port (many stores). There's so much to do and see I. This area

• Reviewed: March 12, 2017

Overall the perfect place to stay.
    • Queen Room

Almost had to stay elsewhere since they were short on rooms and we were late due to weather conditions. Fortunately, one of the 4 of us had arrived earlier and when I pointed out that 1 of the 2 rooms I had booked had already been inhabited, the front desk agreed to give us the 2nd room after all. A close call. We were already exhausted since the 3 hour trip from Boston had taken us over 5 hours. We should have notified hotel that we were going to be late, but it never occurred to us under harrowing road conditions.

Location excellent. Room spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2017

Location, clean, friendly
    • Queen Room

The heat didnt work great and the bed was not the usual comfortable hotel bed. Also, we had to pay $25 for valet parking for a spot 5 ft from the door.

Location, clean, friendly

• Reviewed: March 2, 2017

Warning with prices advertised!!
    • Queen Room

The prices advertised for a double room occupancy are not as is. When we arrived we checked in and confirmation was agreed that our room was paid in advance. However on checking out the Assistant Manager added an extra $75 dollars to our bill for double occupancy and tried to blame bookings.com. Yet we were never informed, They have never rectified the so called problem or have signage up informing you in advance. So what you see and pay for is not what you get, felt they are well aware of it. Strange that it never happened with our other booking in different venues. After a lengthy battle the assistant Manager refunded us, disappoint that a hotel like this conduct business like this.

Hotel is really nice and great location in the centre of town.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2017

My sleep was disrupted two times after 1:00 am by yelling...
    • King Room- Hearing Accessible

My sleep was disrupted two times after 1:00 am by yelling outside my door And then the dog started barking The noise was loud enough to wake me and frighten me Someone addressed the noise the second time, which could have been your staff It was unsettling

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

Comfy bed, good location, friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

We had a handicap accessible room (we are not handicapped and did not request this) the room was massive which was a plus but the shower was terrible and virtually unusable. The shower was the only downside.

Comfy bed, good location, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2017

Mm

Not one thing!!??

From valet parking upon arrival, staff at reservations, restaurant and lounge..all staff greeted us with warm welcomes and answered our questions knowledgeably. The icing on the cake is the hotel L O C A T I O N ...waterfront and ability to walk downtown as far as desired... exactly what we were hoping for. We will return to this Hilton sooner than later.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2017

The receptionist, once she heard we were celebrating our...
    • Queen Room

The receptionist, once she heard we were celebrating our anniversary, offered us complimentary breakfast for the 2 mornings we were there. That was an unexpected surprise. She (Ellen) was very knowledgeable about area sights, restaurants etc

• Reviewed: January 9, 2017

Good price for winter months
    • Queen Room

Valet parking is only option available. $22 day, not $20 as posted. And there is no self park. Nor is there a free shuttle within a mile as stated on line.

Clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2016

Comfortable with a few concerns
    • Queen Room

Pay parking. Pool and fitness room disappointing as the windows were open view from the sidewalk. Any passerby could stand and stare at me relaxing in the jacuzzi, no sense of privacy.

Nice folks. Clean.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2016

Perfect Place in Portland!
    • Queen Room

The pool was miniscule, mostly good for a quick cooling off after the hot tub. The bathroom was just fine, but had not been updated.

The location was excellent, the room large and comfortable. Enjoyed the coffee in the lobby. The hot tub was great and we had the place to ourselves.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2016

We had a wonderful Holiday vacation.

The wonderful person that worked in the bar/dinner area was really wonderful. It was really nice to meet people that from Vermont and one that lived in Irving Texas. The Chef was very helpful as well. He had a lot of wonderful suggestions for us.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2016

Would not hesitate to come back!

Buffet breakfast was fair at best. Hash brown and bacon were cold. They did replace them when asked. Paying for parking was disappointment.

View we received was Great. Staff was Great.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2016

Ok location but the evening staff is just terrible
    • Queen Room

There was a gentleman who roamed the halls looking for people to find fault with. At one point he told me and one of my guests we were not allowed to sit quietly in the hall while my child slept inside. I have never been treated so rudely in my life. Also unless you like the entire city of Portland seeing you in your bathing suit, I would skip the pool.

Bartender and waitstaff were great. Good location.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2016

The breakfast food was really gross for it to not be...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast food was really gross for it to not be included in the price of the hotel. $12 for a plate that you would get at any other hotels breakfast (waffles, eggs, etc.).

• Reviewed: December 13, 2016

Great girl's weekend getaway/shopping spot
    • Queen Room

Water pressure in shower was a little weak

Comfy bed, clean bathroom, hot & cold beverages in lobby. Super friendly, helpful & professional front desk staff

• Reviewed: November 28, 2016

The room was very comfortable with two queen sized beds,...
    • Queen Room

My room overlooked a parking lot.

The room was very comfortable with two queen sized beds, large flat screen TV, a Keurig and a full sized ironing board and iron. Bathroom was large with plenty of fluffy towels, nice shower, a hair dryer, and magnifying makeup mirror.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2016

Great location in Old Port
    • King Room with Water View

Honestly can't think of one thing.

Great location in the heart of Old Port. Easy access to the Ferry, shops, walking trail, and restaurants/pubs. If/when we return to Portland I wouldn't stay at any other place! Highly recommend the water view rooms.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2016

Portland, Maine friendliness meets ideal location.
    • Queen Room

It's time for the mattresses in my room to be replaced; the one I slept on had a "valley" in it.

Staff were friendly--I was consistently greeted warmly. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2016

Fantastic seaside accomodations!
    • Queen Room

It took forever to get a taxi there. The front desk called one for me and after waiting a while I ended up hailing one on the street in front. Not sure if this is something the hotel could rectify.

Service was fantastic! There was one front desk attendant (male with dark hair) that was especially fantastic - very helpful at check in, and went above and beyond to ensure I was happy. Beds were comfy, I had an amazing view of the ocean, lots of space and the location was perfect:) There was also a young woman who was a new driver for the airport shuttle - she was incredible!

• Reviewed: October 17, 2016

Perfect Locationi
    • Queen Room

It was just pricey, so we just stayed 3 wonderful days.

Very roomy room with great view of Harbour Close to everything, Staff was great, French Pastry Coffee Shop next door.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2016

If you can only stay at one hotel in Portland , this is the hotel to stay !
    • King Room- Hearing Accessible

The exercise facilities very average. The Westin close by much better exercise facilities.

The best hotel location in Portland.Truly on the waterfront, walking distance to excellent restaurants, shopping, excellent bakery next door, walk to ferry terminal across the street. Truly the best located hotel in Portland.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2016

Excellent location; dog friendly and excellent staff
    • King Room with View and Sofa Bed

Car was valet and $18 a day. It was covered in seagull waste. Should have washed it for the price.

Breakfast, bar and Sloan. Front desk especially Autumn. Location. Friendliness of everyone! Dog friendly and always clean.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2016

98% great and 2% bad

Went to breakfast at 9:45 and was told by a snappy waitress they closed at 10AM. Almost all the food was gone and we had to wait 10 minutes for 1 egg some fruit and a piece of toast. Paid $26 for two people for 10% of the buffet food and crap service. Should have everything available if open till 10 or tell customer most of buffet will be gone before 10 ?? ...made a pleasant experience a little off.

Excellent location and staff overall.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Water View

I expected to feel pampered! Other than the bedding it was no different from a less expensive hotel. There was no wow! When the valet was the only one that left an impression......there's something lacking overall. I've stayed with you before , I expected more!

The bedding was very comfortable. Location fine.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2016

The front staff was fabulous -- I'm a senior citizen and...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Just making sure that there was hot water for the tea in the morning; however, the front staff was very helpful in obtaining it for me

The front staff was fabulous -- I'm a senior citizen and I came here with my daughter -- we were both very impressed by the front staff -- very helpful

• Reviewed: July 19, 2016

A perfect getaway with my teen granddaughter to enjoy coastal Maine in June
    • Queen Room

Nothing comes to mind that needed improvement.

The staff from Autumn at the front desk to the room attendant and the shuttle drivers were all cordial, helpful, and entirely welcoming.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Price for 2nd night

Price for 2nd night

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

This is a very convenient hotel to restaurants and shopping.

This is a very convenient hotel to restaurants and shopping. Everything is modern and nice. The ocean is literally across the street!

Browse Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront Traveler Photo Gallery