Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Reno 3 stars

9920 Double R Boulevard, Reno, NV 89521, USA

#23 of 47 hotels in Reno

Happy to leave the property and staff.

The property was awful dirty and soiled carpets in our room, walls and bathroom tiles were dirty. We keep our shoes on the entire time. The beds are old and warn out. This is the worst property I’ve stayed in. The night manager was rude, he failed to listen, her talked over me when I was talking. When I walked away he spoke about me to another worker. I believe his name is Derwin, Front office Manager. He was very proud of his interaction with me. I was tried I’d just got off the road and I didn’t want to escalate the conversation so I ended it.

4.5
    1. The hot tub was malfunctioning and staff "put it on...

1. The hot tub was malfunctioning and staff "put it on a maintenance list" rather than resolve the issue -- the temperature needed adjustment. Having been hiking for 5 days, we chose this location for the advertised hot tub and were sorely disappointed by the misleading advertising. 2. Amenities listed in the google search website included a free hotel shuttle. The staff says that has not been available for a year No effort made by staff on duty to respond to above issues in a meaningful way

Beds were comfortable.

I thought the rooms were a bit small and ordinary. The carpet could have used cleaning. I guess I expected more for a Hilton property and $170.00 a night. Breakfast was not included-that was an additional $14 a day if you wanted it. They had free WiFi but tried to sell you an upgraded WiFi for an additional $5 a day. Then they screwed up our billing and hit my credit card for double, and did the same to my daughters family. They claimed it was fixed when we checked out, but it wasn't. It took a week and several phone calls to finally get it straightened out. All in all I didn't see anything that separated this property from lesser chains, except the price. And one day, my daughter's room didn't even get cleaned.

Beds were comfortable. Rooms were quiet and clean. Pool and Hot tub were nice.

Morning staff was nice .

The shower head massage didn't work ... Tea was not available after time breakfast ... WiFi is not free I was charged

Morning staff was nice ... Staff was speedy when requesting towels and toiletries

Very clean , comfortable, lots of stores & restaurants...

It’s not that I didn’t like it but just thought was a little closer to the downtown area. So really no complaints

Very clean , comfortable, lots of stores & restaurants nearby. I would stay here again and would recommend going here if you don’t want to be near the casinos.

Had a Restuarant on site.

A bit too far from center of town. No local casinos if that is what you are going to Reno for.

Had a Restuarant on site. Food was outstanding and great value for the price. Wait staff a bit slow at times, but generally very attentive.

Easy access to freeway

Parking notice states to park at your own risks. If crime is common in the area, should provide security. I don't feel secure parking at your property.

Clean and comfortable bed, indoor pool

Comfortable beds.

We had a top floor room facing south, right over the reception and the fan noise from ground floor roof was disturbing. Will ask for a room on the north side next time; would also be cooler in summer.

Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. The windows open 5-6 inches and hotel is far enough away from the freeway that traffic noise is not as audible as other places we've stayed. Right across the street from Sprouts!

I love their bed, It's very comfortable.

There were no complimentary drink available and have to call the reception to bring some. Other than that, everything was good.

I love their bed, It's very comfortable. The room was immaculately clean.

It was ok

The fitness center had towels laying around, no sanitizing spray to clean equipment, tv sound was off. Seemed like cleanliness in the fitness center was not a priority. Breakfast overpriced so we ate elsewhere for less. Walls thin; could hear neighboring room noise easily.

Comfortable beds, good sized rooms, location, staff was friendly. Free coffee, tea, cookies in lobby.

4.5
    Accommodation and location was OK but reception was a disaster!!!

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and have never been refused a receipt at check-out so I can claim back my expenses. I tried 3 times on the phone since I got back and Booking.com tried a similar number of times on my behalf. My work colleagues in Reno also tried on my behalf but no success. As a result I have advised the company to no longer use this hotel for business trips to Reno

The bartender was very friendly and helpful.

Everything was good.

The bartender was very friendly and helpful. I had several questions and he was very informative and helpful. Definitely, the type of employee you want working with your customers.

Hilton Garden Inn is OUTSTANDING!

Hotel Accommodations Amazing. Staff extremely friendly, & helpful. Hotel cafe food really good, our waiter, Eduardo, was exceptional. The lovely ladies ( Melissa, Gladys, Veronica & Wendy) who took care of the check-in/reception desk in the lobby were incredibly helpful, each with a great attitude, willing to answer all questions, and made sure we felt welcome & comfortable.

Good other than pool and hot tub problems.

Chose the facility to have a pool and hot tub. Pool was COLD and unable to enjoy; hot tub was broken and not even working. Was very disappointing.

Clean rooms, no smoking, cookies in the lobby!

Not up to standard for Hilton Garden Inn

Staff was inattentive and rude. Every time I approached they were gossiping and not paying attention to customers. They couldn't be bothered helping you. Restaurant staff was just not much better and couldn't answer questions about food that was being cooked for you. Eggs and sausage were cold when arrived. Definitely not worth $15 plus they expected a tip!

Not much. Lots of towels in bathroom

Overall not to shabby.

The business center is open 24 hours for your convience however, the printers (2 of them) never had any paper stocked in them. Those should be actively looked in on. Also, what I love about other hotels that is aside from this one is there are zero vending machines up on the room floors by any of the ice machines. You can only go down to the check in desk and buy drinks from their pantry. Refrigerators in the rooms...but you have to bring your own drinks. I woke up at 2am thirsty...but did not want to take the elevator down to find a drink to purchase at the pantry. Other hotels offer vending services by each floors ice machine.

I liked that you could charge your meals to your room as a convience. I loved that young kids are free for the breakfast buffet.

Amenities in room!

Smoke alarm battery needed to be replaced and was beeping when we got there. Sheets,blankets n ok pillows were old. Room needs updates. Bathroom is real small. We were overcharged for the room!!!!

Amenities in room! Had fridge, microwave, etc..

C- for effort

When I arrived on the weekend (Sunday afternoon), someone had dripped/spilled soda/alcohol -- some sticky substance -- all along the hallway and into the elevator. I notified the front desk person as soon as I arrived. I left for 4-5 hours and came back to see it STILL there. It didn't get cleaned up until Monday morning. When I went down to do laundry Monday morning, someone spilled coffee in the elevator later that morning and left a Keurig coffee cup on the elevator floor. It's sad because this hotel carries a high rating and there isn't a priority on cleanliness. Other things of note: The hotel clearly is 1/2 upgraded and 1/2 not. A lot of money spent on the greeting area / alcove. However, the carpets in the room (and halls) are very dirty & old and need to be replaced. The elevator has a sign inside it that clearly has never been touched with a hot rag for some time. And you can see hand prints and fingerprints on the elevator panel and door. Unable to open windows in the room (I'm sure for insurance purposes) to rid the room of the musty smell in the morning. Hoping to get a little fresh air - rather than reconditioned (air conditioned) air. Bathtub could be a little bigger. I'm 5'7" and I couldn't get a full bath to cover beyond my belly. Could offer more tissue boxes: One in the bathroom and One in the room -- rather than always having to move the box back and forth. Got a knock on the door right at 9am to have the room cleaned. Check out is at 12Noon and I called the front desk last night to take advantage of the 'late checkout' at 2pm. Clearly cleaning staff and front desk are not communicating.

Quiet - easy to sleep at night. Bathroom was clean.

Great location, bad beds

Most uncomfortable beds ever. Checked out early and went to a different hotel even though I didn't get my money back

Very nice staff. Easy to get anywhere

Just okay.
    • King Room - Disability Access

We came to get away and relax, the pool facilities were being worked on. I would have rather known it was not available when booking. I would have chosen somewhere else to stay.

It was okay. Nothing really great.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

nice, but staff should all provide the same courteous service to all
    • King Room - Disability Access

service desk gave my co-worker water, but not me, serv.desk agt asked my co-worker what her Hilton card no. was to give her credits-my help desk clerk did not & lastly, at breakfast, the clerk never came around to offer us coffee

comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Great facility, location and people.

Back parking lot was filthy. Lights out in pool area. No towels. We asked, they brought them, 40 minutes later. We were pickled.

Kind folks. Great pool. Nice happy hour. Fabulous restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Some one knocks our door at 8:00 am tenth times and ask...

Some one knocks our door at 8:00 am tenth times and ask :"Are you leaving today? My question is: the front office support to know the customer would like to extent to stay or leaving on schedule. They dont need to wake up us because check out time is 12:00 we know how to maintence our time. So yesterday we was leave the hotel at 9:30. When you do that I feel like you want to kick out your customer soon to take the room back for rent out to other. I will not come back again because of it. Other hotel they are never do that to customer. (Eldorado, GSR, Atlantic, Silver Legacy , circus, Harras even Sands)

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Front Office Manager, E.

12/19 - noise from above or next door, went off and on, all night. Spoke to night staff on two occasions. I was told they investigated and did not hear anything. Asked to be relocated next day. The one comforter was too warm. Would prefer two lighter blankets

Front Office Manager, E. Diaz arranged to move us to another room. On 12/20 Had a great nights sleep, No noise.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

overall good , i did not care for the hotel blaming the agency(booking.com) for things.

I did not like I could not get a receipt from the hotel for my stay. They keep blaming it on the agency I booked with.

I liked being able to sit down and have a meal at their bar.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Nice hotel

The staff at the desk were not very friendly and also breakfast was not included. We had to pay for our own so we checked out and got breakfast elsewhere.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

loved beds location was excellent as our children lived...

The pool was nice but the little tables were dirty and damaged also the pool bathroom was dirty and when i advised the front desk it was not cleaned pool deck needed cleaning old food on floor etc No Free continental breakfast Carpet in rm needed cleaning or replacing

loved beds location was excellent as our children lived near by

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

i was shocked for hilton property, but will stay again.

a little outdated, beds not that comfortable, a little too worn out. bathroom could use some help

very convenient, very friendly front desk person, quiet area

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

great stay, convenient location

nice facility, convenient location. Staff could not havee been friendlier. Super accomadating

Clean

Clean

Nice hotel off the strip.

Nice hotel off the strip. Easy to get to. My room was great!

Old equipment.

Old equipment. Door lock latch was completely broken.

will return nice place to be when away from home

Not much all good

Quiet Hotel during evening hours ( sleep time ) Location-location -Location!

Close to everything

Pool was tiny

Close to everything

staff was very helpful and professional in all matters

toilet seat was loose and refrigerator was noisy

staff was very helpful and professional in all matters

I will definitely keep staying at Hilton hotels

Elevators were too slow

That there was a fee for the breakfast where other places...

That there was a fee for the breakfast where other places are included with the stay and was not notified until I received the bill😞

Late check out

Late check out

No glasses

No glasses

Employee very warm and friendly
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Employee very warm and friendly

Huge spa tub in the main bedroom was great!
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Huge spa tub in the main bedroom was great!

Carpets could use some cleaning, scuff marks on doors

Carpets could use some cleaning, scuff marks on doors

fair hotel.

Horrible beds, banana shaped. Bad breakfast for the price.

indoor pool is always nice, though small. Close to Mt Rose and the ski lifts.

Perfect stay! I was very sick and it was a great place to be during that. So comfortable.

The bed was so comfy! And shower was so nice. Loved everything.

Messed up my room charges.

Messed up my room charges.

Enjoyed it and wud recommend

New clean quiet location comfy beds n pillows

Ok stay but maybe not again.

Tired property...needs renovation

Check-in staff

The microwave, fridge and coffee maker were great.

A in room safe would have been nice to have.

The microwave, fridge and coffee maker were great. I always love the pillows at the Hilton.

The staff was nice and helpful.

The staff was nice and helpful.

GREAT LOCATION ,STAFF GOOD

HATED BATH ROOM DOOR CLOSURE , NO FREE BREAKFAST,

GREAT LOCATION ,STAFF GOOD

My two daughters and I shared a room and everything worked out just fine and the costs were very rea

Can't think of anything.

NA

The pool was closed for renovations.

The pool was closed for renovations. I did not realize this when I booked for I would've chosen another hotel.

It was a nice weekend visiting Mom on Mothers Day.

Nothing to complain about

Every staff member very nice. Beds were comfortable. Hotel is very quiet.

The pool was closed.

The pool was closed. The breakfast was expensive. Our air conditioner was not working.

The lobby was nice ans clean.

Carpet had stains and bathroom tub was not clean

The lobby was nice ans clean. Rooms were ok.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Awesome bartender :)

The bartender the night we stated was stellar!! Props to him for being so personable and helpful!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Not a free breakfast.

Not a free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Staff were fantastic.

The pool, hot tub. Use way too much chlorine. The breakfast is not that great for the money.

The room had a quiet operating refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Staffs are not helpful and not professional at all

Staffs are not helpful and not professional at all

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

really liked food onsite for breakfast and dinner

quality of breakfast could be improved . Most of the prepared food for breakfast was just ok

really liked food onsite for breakfast and dinner

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Overpriced

Thought the room was priced VERY highly for what you were getting. I could pay less than what I paid here and get a much nicer room.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Will stay here again.

The French Toast were dry and cold.

Cleanliness of the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The swimming pool was great for the kids.

Service on the first day was with a smile but the person was new and seemed to have only little help from her trainer. The person at the desk the other day just seemed indifferent. The beds were very hard and the outlay of the room was tight and hard to maneuver in. They did not offer a continental breakfast (unless you were willing to pay in their high cost restaurant.)

The swimming pool was great for the kids. The check out time of noon was realistic. The hotel was easy to find.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The location was wonderful.

They made a mistake on our rooms they gave us 2 King rooms, but we were reserved 2 Queen beds. Also, I was in my room already and another guest was able to open it with a room key this was so in professional it was the staffs fault because they have authorization to see if someone already has the room. They had also disactivated my room key and I had to go downstairs and tell them to reactivate it.

The location was wonderful. The hotels appearance was beautiful. They squeezed us in to the right rooms we needed.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

This was our second time staying here and will continue to...

The beds are supposedly "adjustable" for firmness. We adjusted the bed to soft and then later to firm, but couldn't really tell a difference.

This was our second time staying here and will continue to stay here when we're in Reno. The rooms are spacious and up-to-date with decor and amenities. We especially like the Happy Hour!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Over all we were very happy.

We had my husband and I with 2 grandchildren. There was only 3 bath towels. I called down for another one and never got it. I ended up using a hand towel.

Over all we were very happy. Easy access in and out.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

The bedroom rug was dirty and we requested that it be...

The bedroom rug was dirty and we requested that it be cleaned two days in a row. We were told that it would take 4-5 hours and we replied that we would be gone that long. We were told that it would be done (twice) but it never was done. The hallway on the second floor remained dirty and was never vacuumed the 5 days we were there. The room was not vacuumed most of the time and the bed was not changed on the third day as promised. Half the time, there were no glasses in the bathroom and half the supplies of the creamer for the coffee. The breakfast was slow and not much in the way of fruits or pastry. The toaster took forever to cook the english muffins and there was a line waiting. Only one toaster for a whole room of people. All in all, we were very disappointed as we thought Hilton would be of a higher standard than that. We last stayed at the Hampton which was outstanding compared to the Hilton. Will not return there.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2015

Good room;

Pool & hot tub out of service during our 4 night stay. 4th floor hallway wasn't cleaned during that time either.

Good room; comfy. Exercise facility good.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

The staff was very courteous.

The staff was very courteous. They didn't just say the ice machine was around the corner they said,"I'll get it for you"

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

I loved the location and the amenities.

I loved the location and the amenities. My family and I are looking forward to staying there again.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

quite.

lobby had an odd setup. seemed like the whole lobby was the restaurant?

quite. clean

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

The whole place was very clean

Had to pay for WiFi

The whole place was very clean

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Staff very helpful

Aaa discount would have been cheaper than this websiite

Staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

We really enjoyed water spa and swimming pool.

We really enjoyed water spa and swimming pool. Rooms are cozy and everything in room is very well managed.

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.