Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown 3 stars

250 West 600 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA

#14 of 69 hotels in Salt Lake City

Welcome rest for the 1 night.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The distance we had to walk to and from our room to the elevator. Although we travel light with carry on luggage on wheels, it is a real effort manoeuvring long distances on carpets. I can only think we were placed as far as possible from the lifts because building and maintenance we taking place during our stay.

Chilled water provided immediately within foyer. My partner found laundry facilities excellent. Dinner in restaurant downstairs was good and kitchen and wait staff very obliging in providing milk in a jug for coffee in our room. Reception allowed us to leave our car parked just outside the front door.

Lovely staff, big bright clean rooms, parking.
    • Evolution King Room

Location is about 25 minutes walk from downtown if you have no car.

Lovely staff, big bright clean rooms, parking. Handy for Amtrak station and California Zephyr.

Breakfast was good and for a reasonable price.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Breakfast was good and for a reasonable price. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was big and clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean.

We appreciated that we could order cooked breakfast from a...
    • Queen Room

We appreciated that we could order cooked breakfast from a meny + a buffé. Not to far to walk to the city center. Free parking. Easy to drive to.

Very, very nice accommodations and staff, and the price was right!!
    • Evolution King Room

Bed was very comfortable. I regret I did not check to see the brand of the mattress-it was soooo comfortable. The lemon water in the lobby was really refreshing and appreciated. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in room. Location was wonderful, we enjoyed walking to different tourist sites ( went to the Eagles concert at Vivint Arena and could walk from our hotel to there, even though they were long blocks)

Good experience.
    • Evolution King Room

Parking can be hard to come by on a busy weekend.

The pool was very nice--especially when the front desk said it was okay for grandchildren to come use the pool with us. The pool was hardly used by others so very nice.

Staying here exceeded my expectations!!
    • Evolution King Room

Wish we would have had more time to check out the pool!

Property was very clean and very comfortable. Check in and check out was a breeze. Would definitely stay here again.

Friendly and helpful staff! Hotel was clean, convenient location, restaurant and shuttle.
    • Evolution King Room

There was not anything I didn’t like.

We came to SLC for a wedding after being on vacation in another state. Very impressed with your staff! Very friendly and helpful.

Friendly staff, good location, uncomfortable beds.
    • Queen Room

My only complaint would be how uncomfortable the beds were. I am one of those people who LOVE hotel beds but I was sadly disappointed this time around. I also questioned if they were actual queen beds. To me, they looked like full beds. That really is my only complaint, everything else was great during our stay.

Room service was great, the food was tasty and worth the money. The staff were beyond friendly and always had genuine smiles on the their faces.

Short but welcoming
    • Queen Room

When we entered the room one of the beds looked like it had been sat on. The pillow case was wrinkled and the coverlet had a depression.

Availability and the property was clean

The beds were extremely firm.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The beds were extremely firm. I felt like I was going to roll off. The Jacuzzi had so much chlorine that the smell burned my eyes and nostrils even hours after leaving.

The level of service offered by the staff in this hotel is...

Leaving!

The level of service offered by the staff in this hotel is world class! Thanks to everyone for taking that extra step to make my stay perfect. The rooms are very comfortable and breakfast is exeptional.

Great place to stay if you are in Salt Lake City
    • Evolution King Room

It's a motel room so there were no kitchen facilities.

The Hilton garden inn was an excellent place to stay. It is central to the city and close to all city attractions. The room was spacious and modern. The room layout is similar to your standard motel room however, the rooms were modern and very clean. The indoor pool and spa was fantastic. I would highly recommend people stay here.

Good but short
    • Evolution King Room

I wish the online was better to understand. We wanted a Hot Tub. For some reason the pictures online were deceiving. The description needs to be more specific. The bed was weird and sunk in places and was super firm in others. The pillows were weird also, cheap feeling because they were almost non existent. We needed both pillows to even feel like they were there.

I liked the temperature and cleanliness of the room. I liked the colors of the room. It smelled clean.

Functional but good hotel
    • Evolution King Room

Very little. Disappointing that you could not buy a drink without buying food but other than that all good.

Good location easy to find from airport and not too long to travel into SLC centre via free bus. Friendly staff. Nice room.

I will definitely stay there again
    • Evolution King Room with Sofa Bed

I thought the breakfast was overpriced and should have been included with your stay..

The rooms extremely large & roomy . I didn't feel like I was bumping into things. Location was in walking distance to Temple Square. I felt safe and secure .. the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again when I go back

Great Hotel. Friendly Staff. Wonderful room.
    • Queen Room

The only problem with the stay I had was the difficulty in finding parking in the evening. But this seems to be a problem for all of the hotels in that general area.

This hotel was so convenient to the event that I was attending that we were able to walk to it and leave the car at the hotel. The staff was so friendly and that facilities were wonderful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Great value.

Stay ok but car was damaged in the parking lot and no one ever responded to my emails about it!
    • Queen Room

I parked in the hotel's parking facility and the next day something had been spilled/thrown onto the back windshield and trunk of my car. I stopped at a gas station after checking out and the substance would not come off. Because of ongoing construction at the hotel, I surmised it might be some substance related to the construction. I called the hotel and spoke to someone and sent multiple emails to the manager and never got a response! I was clear that I was not making any kind of claim but wanted to let them know of the issue and also see if they could identify what the substance was so I could figure out what cleanser to use. Not one word. Absolutely disgusting to be treated like that, especially as a member of their rewards program. I definitely won't be staying there again even if it is a good deal.

Nice room.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Homeless folks coming up to us asking for handouts in the parking lot. Bed covers were not well made up after first night - which was strange. Or it looked like someone had laid on the made-up beds, pillows askew.

Nice room.

Great Place to Stay When in Salt Lake City
    • King Room - Disability Access

Available parking on Friday night.

Excellent facility with an extremely pleasant and friendly staff. Arrived late on my first night and parking was a problem. The other night (Saturday) it wasn't a problem.

Great hotel, shame about the manager experience
    • Queen Room

When my husband got into bed late at night he discovered a half used strip of tablets under his pillow. This made us think that the bed hadn't been changed since the last occupant. It was a horrible thought but we had been travelling all day, we were exhausted and all ready for bed and it was late at night. We couldn't face changing rooms at that time. However when I complained and handed in the tablets at reception the next day, I was told the manager would see me, but she was mysteriously unavailable. I was told they would email me. I didn't think this acceptable and insisted I saw her. She was only in a room just behind reception and It was evident she didn't believe me as she kept saying her head of housekeeping could be trusted. I felt like I was being made out to be a liar. I said we hadn't felt comfortable or clean in the room and eventually she said they would take care of the bill this time. (I just wanted a bit knocked off the bill) We didn't make it up and had complained in good faith. We were on the last night of a 3 week road trip staying in numerous hotels as we do every year and we have never encountered this issue before. It has put us off staying in a Hilton again.

Beautiful hotel with first class facilities

Friendy, helpful staff and comfortable rooms
    • Evolution King Room

The staff was extremely helpful. They were friendly and super accommodating. They were more than happy to store our mountain bikes for us. On our way out we also got recommendations for rock climbing areas close by. They showed they remembered us and what we were doing while we were in SLC. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the SLC area. It was also 100+ degrees this past weekend, and our room was cool and comfy.

The breakfast was very tasty and hot!
    • Evolution King Room

The bed was very uncomfortable. My husband and I tossed and turned all night. Also there was motorcycles outside our window that revved up for quite a while very very early in the morning, which was a bummer because it was my husband and I's first getaway from our child in a long time and we were excited to sleep in, but couldn't fall asleep after that.

The breakfast was very tasty and hot! The waitress was very nice as well. The front desk was very helpful in checking us in over the phone due to us getting in very late. Also our room was spotless and very comfortable. We definitely would stay here again!

There for a convention and the hotel generously offered...
    • King Room - Disability Access

Nothing to report - staying at this hotel was overwhelming pleasant!

There for a convention and the hotel generously offered shuttle service to the convention centre. This was extremely helpful and beneficial after walking for many miles throughout the day!

Best chain / value lodging experience our family has ever had
    • Queen Room

Nothing to complain about. Best chain / value lodging experience our family has ever had.

Extremely friendly and accommodating staff. Clean well appointed facility and rooms.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Hotel offers a great pool with noodle toys for the kids.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Hotel offers a great pool with noodle toys for the kids. offers complimentary coffee in the AM. Restaurant offers a great buffet with lots of options and made to order omelets.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great place to stay in Salt Lake City...close to the action no matter what you are looking for.
    • Evolution King Room

The bed mattress was very soft and tended to roll two people towards the center. The staff said it was adjustable for firmness, but we never saw anything to that effect when in the room. All else was better than expected.

The downtown location is very convenient to either walk to places you want to see, go, eat, etc,. or drive.

Great facility, poor parking security.
    • Evolution King Room with Sofa Bed

Our car was entered and they stole $100 sunglasses, $100 Patagonia sweater jacket and cookies my wife made that we were taking to Yuma, AZ for our Grandson...... boy is she pissed!

Very good but not priced correctly
    • Evolution King Room

overall a nice hotel & no specific complaints but the price is very high, it's still a quit simple hotel & ammenities & the price is for a much luxurious hotel due to this I would probably not come back

The breakfast was very nice with a large variety of dishes. I enjoyed the coffee/tea/hot choc available from very early morning. the staff was very nice

I think the pleasant and professional staff (to include the manager) stood out the most--great job!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

If coffee and alcohol were available earlier in the afternoon with snack menu (even cold snacks such as mini-sandwiches/cheeses/munchies/desserts). Overall we were pleased with the food and service was very pleasant.

Staff was very accommodating and patient.
    • Evolution King Room

The bed was uncomfortable and the sheets were rough and scratchy. Also, after just 3 days there was a layer of dust all over the desk which means the carpets need to be cleaned. Our room had a shower which was okay, but I wish there was a shower bench or something to put my foot on when shaving my legs.

Staff was very accommodating and patient. Hot tub was nice and warm. Appreciated 3 treadmills in the workout room, they were all in use. We were excited about the menu for room service and like the restaurant in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Excellent stay- no problems.
    • Queen Room

The location, beyond the control of management, is a bit away from the Convention Center. The blocks are very long in Utah.

the staff was very helpful and friendly. The shuttle bus to the airport was a plus. Complimentary coffee in the AM was a great help. Room was spacious, clean and lobby was inviting for speaking in small groups. the business center was helpful to have on site. Walk on Main Street ( about 3 blocks away ) to find great restaurants.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Excellent value in Salt Lake
    • Evolution King Room

Can't think of anything we didn't like.

This is a high-end property at an extremely affordable price. It is in a good location, easy to find off the freeway. Staff was friendly and helpful, easy parking, clean, overall an exceptional place to stay.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The hotel location was a big plus .
    • Queen Room

The parking availability was very poor .

The hotel location was a big plus . It was centrally located to many of the places we visited . The coffee and water in the lobby was a nice detail for us . I enjoyed having dinner at your restaurant . The food was good and the waiter was so pleasant !

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Staff was nice to let us use a table in the lobby for a...
    • Queen Room

Problem with key at night and only one employee on duty so had to wait a long time for help to get in my room.

Staff was nice to let us use a table in the lobby for a family gathering

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient
    • Evolution King Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was welcoming and professional. We needed an extra cot and the housekeeping department promptly delivered it. The room was clean and comfortable. We wanted a place that was close to the airport, and it took us about 15 minutes to get to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Salt Lake City
    • Evolution King Room

Booking.com quoted me $130.00 a night but after we checked out it was $200, for one night! It wasn't that nice. We never bought room service or movies. The location was a little sketchy too. There is signs posted all over the parking lot saying not to leave any valuables in your car. They must have a problem with break-ins. There is a lot of homeless people walking around.

It was very clean and the staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Missing is safety box , and no orange juice in automatic machine in the morning !

Location is great , closed to downtown with free parking. Hotel is big and clean. We have got big room

Convenient, clean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I extended my stay and when I went to check out, I was charged a higher rate than promised

Convenient, clean

Construction

Staff

recommended.
    • Evolution King Room

excellent location, comfortable room and bathroom, very friendly and helpful stuff. Excellent breakfast and free shuttles to and from airport.

Excellent. we enjoyed our stay there.
    • Queen Room

Occasional absence of staff at reception desk.

Quality of breakfast and amazing service at restaurant.

Smiling staff made it the best stay ever

Loud neighbohrs

The staff was friendly and personable

Comfortable beds, good room lay out.
    • Evolution King Room

Comfortable beds, good room lay out.

Very clean room, staff was extremely nice and helpful with...

No bathtub :(

Very clean room, staff was extremely nice and helpful with anything I needed.

Perfect.
    • Evolution King Room with Sofa Bed

Excellent breakfast....very friendly staff.

Had a nice time

Omelets a little fluffier

Nice grounds , clean , very helpful staff

Liked everything

Free breakfast staff pool location free parking

Adjustable bed

Adjustable bed

Nice ccommodations
    • Evolution King Room with Sofa Bed

Brekfast. Voucher fot local gresy spoon nmed Penny's, not so good.

Nice ccommodations

Convenient location.

Kind of dry.

Great location. Comfortable room. Make sure to ask for breakfast coupons.
    • Evolution King Room

Breakfast was included in the room rate but they forgot to mention that you need a coupon for that.

Had an excellent dinner. Great service.

It was comfortable
    • King Suite with Whirlpool

These people upstairs were screaming at each other at 4:30am for a good half hour

It was good

Convenient and clean
    • Queen Room

They provide coffee and tea in the lobby and water throughout the day.

Great room.
    • Evolution King Room

Great room. Quiet end of hotel.

very good and very well liked the pool 24 hrs

No smog

The pool 24 hrs

very friendly staff, good atmosphere

didnt notice

god breakfast choices and facilities

Good visit. The hotel was fine.
    • Evolution King Room with Sofa Bed

No bottle opener in the room. Also no cutlery. Changing plumbing above my room until 3am or so my first night.

Nice hotel.

A comfortable stay
    • Queen Room

Having to use paper cups in the room and no tea bags

Restaurant

Love having 24 hour pool/spa/fitness center.
    • Queen Room

Love having 24 hour pool/spa/fitness center.

We left our watch in the hotel.
    • Queen Room

We left our watch in the hotel. We called for help and they mailed the watch to us. That's great!

Very clean, great staff,family friendly😊

Very clean, great staff,family friendly😊

It was enjoyable and relaxing
    • Evolution King Room

Bigger bathroom and not so pricey

Bed was like a cloud

Lobby looked really nice.
    • Evolution King Room

Breakfast seemed over priced, definitely would never pay full price for the room. Even discounted it seemed like to much.

Lobby looked really nice.

not much help on walking directions from front desk

not much help on walking directions from front desk

Great locatio
    • Evolution King Room

The bed was very uncomfortable

Convenience and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Expensive
    • Evolution King Room with Sofa Bed

The bar, the bed, the room service.

Bed was clean, pool was clean,but location was not so good.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Nice rooms really clean and accommodating staff
    • King Suite with Whirlpool

No complimentary breakfast for a higher priced hotel

Nice rooms really clean and accommodating staff

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Bed was comfortable but the pillows were too soft!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Bed was comfortable but the pillows were too soft!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

The jacuzzi tub

Charge for breakfast

The jacuzzi tub

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Salt LlakeGarden Hilton the best experience ever with Hilton properties.

Every thing was well

Evetythjng is and was great was one of the best Hiltonhotels.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Great family experience
    • Evolution King Room

The stuff where really nice the hotel is great

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Comfortable room & beds;
    • Queen Room

Comfortable room & beds; perfect for a quick stay during our drive home.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Super
    • Evolution King Room with Sofa Bed

Very friendly staff. Lovely sunshine salad!