Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport 3 stars

12828 San Pedro Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78216, USA

#112 of 311 hotels in San Antonio

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

MY STAY WAS ALRIGHT
    • Queen Room

THE FOOD COULD HAD BEEN A LITTLE CHEAPER IT WAS CHEAPER TO EAT AT THE FAST FOOD PLACES LIKE IHOP AND OTHER PLACES

DIDN'T EAT ANYTHING I THOUGHT IT WAS A LITTLE HIGH

The room was the perfect size.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll in Shower - Accessible

When we used the shower, the water ran on to the bathroom floor and we literally had to mop the bathroom floor with the dirty towels to keep from walking in puddles of water.

The room was the perfect size. We loved the fact that we were by the pool and close to the lobby.

Great place to stay!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The only thing I have to complain about is the breakfast isn't included in your stay.

We loved every thing about our stay here except the fact that breakfast wasn't included in our stay. That wasn't a huge deal to us but it would've been nice. Overall this hotel is really nice and we'd definitely stay again.

I loved everything about the hotel!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The location isn’t very good

I loved everything about the hotel! We got a spa bath, the room was extremely cozy, they had an indoor swimming pool, the breakfast did cost but it was A1!!! I loved this place. I would definitely stay again

I had ants in my room and in my bathroom, they were...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

I had ants in my room and in my bathroom, they were everywhere. I went and got some ant abits but there was still to many. The food in the pantry is overpriced. I got a noodle thing and spent 7.00 so i went to walmart and got it for 65 cents

ALMA ROSSETTI IS RESPONDING TO STAY EXPERIENCE. ROOM WAS COMFORTABLE AND PARTS OF HOTEL FELT LI
    • Queen Room

COMPLEMENTARY BREAKFAST NOT PROVIDED VERY SMALL WORKOUT AREA ASSIGN ROOMS WITH NO PROBLEMS ALL FRONT DESK PERSONAL ON THE SAME PAGE REGARDING CHECK IN/OUT POLICY.

Did not know there was no complementary breakfast. I would have stayed elsewhere. The Hilton could provide that during the week and have their clients pay for breakfast on the weekends. Another issue I was not able to watch my tv programs in my room because the channel I wanted would air another program from another network. I missed two programs in one day. I called the front desk and informed me the room they assigned me had a power outage and the front desk assume that was it. The workout area was very small and limited on workout. The only positive is the hotel was nice and the beds were comfortable.

There were ants in our room.
    • Queen Room

There were ants in our room. When informing the staff we were told they would send an exterminator which I thought how inconvenient...also they did not seem too preocupied to make us feel like our satisfaction was that important to them.

Great experience.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The pool water has a strong chlorine smell and if it gets in the mouth it tastes really weird. So we had to keep our head out of the water.

I liked that it was right in downtown. The room was amazing! With the spa tub being my favorite part.

Ladies at front desk were extremely helpful.

It was further from Norris Conference Center than I expected (4.9 Miles). The Hilton Garden Inn SOUTH at 8505 Broadway at I-410 would have been much closer to my destination.

Ladies at front desk were extremely helpful. Room was clean and comfortable.

The staff were very nice.
    • Queen Room

I didn’t like the pool hours. They closed the pool at 9 which was a bit too early for us.

The staff were very nice. Everything was always very clean. The beds were soft and very confortable. The pool water was warm perfect to dive right in.

Great value for money and very comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Very comfortable bed and excellent breakfast. A great location for getting to the office and to the airport. Also, not too far to downtown with an Uber.

I enjoyed it!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

I didn't like how they messed up with my reservation. When I booked it, it came with breakfast included but the actual hotel told me otherwise. They told me that I had to call Booking, and sort it out with them. That was such an inconvenience.

Everything was good, up until they told me that our rate didn't have the breakfast included.

Disappointing and travel stressful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll in Shower - Accessible

When booked, it was specifically so that I would be able to use the shuttle to the airport to catch an early flight. I was told that, after putting our names on the shuttle lust for 5am, the start time, the drivers would be notified to be ready. There was no communication of this to the shuttle driver, no communicating transfer of this to the next shift, and thus NO SHUTTLE DRIVER NOR SHUTTLE the next morning necessitating several waiting guests to cram themselves and all luggages into a cab that had randomly dropped off another guest shortly after 515 a.m. and charging for the ride with no real help by the staff to cover this.

the dinner steak was good in room service

I will never stay here again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll in Shower - Accessible

The beds where very hard and pillows where flat woke up with stiff backs everyone seemed to be angry there for some reason no smiling faces.. I was in a room for handicap and the shower soked the entire restroom floor Everytime we used it ugh this place was so over priced.

..the pool was ok.

Great stay. Small issue with our room but overall excellent experience.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

There was a hole in the wall in our room. Like a chunk of drywall was knocked off the corner of the wall. Had to go back down to the front desk and let them know. I’m not sure if they already knew or not but it did not seem like it. Everything else in the hotel and room was GREAT however.

The spa tub was great.

Overall great hotel, the rooms were nice and my family loved the beautiful indoor design.
    • Queen Room

The room smelled like sweat, as if I was going into a schools locker room. After a while the smell went away, also the shower design was not well thought. After my husband took a shower, there was water everywhere. I had to tip toe to get to the toilet and I was afraid my son would slip if he went in by himself.

Overall great hotel, I liked all everything except for the shower.

Below average for a Hilton property

No side entrance doors no robes rooms weren't all that clean nor the bathrooms

The coffee pot was nasty and the lids looked as if they were there for months with dirty and dust all over them

My husband and I loved our one night stay at the Hilton.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The room was very clean. My husband and I loved the jetted tub in the king suite. The hotel was located in a great area. Will definitely stay again!!!

• King Room with Spa Bath

The sheets were rough, the staff wasn't helpful, the room smelled horrible, and the jacuzzi tub didn't work

The black out curtains were nice and the kurige was nice

It was ok
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The hotel staff stated that booking your room through a third party does not guarantee you your exact room type. I reserved a king bed with a whirlpool tub and for the first night we had to stay in the king with regular tub. The next night we got moved into the king with whirlpool(the staff moved our belongings) and they gave us a breakfast voucher......so overall this situation was ok......

Whirlpool inside room

Nice stay but don't go for the spa
    • King Room with Spa Bath

We got the spa room and I thought that was a little small. Also it didn't really bother me but I thought it was interesting that the sink drain was broken so you can't plug up the sink. Also it was a little hard to see the turnoff to the hotel from the frontage road.

The room wasn't bad. The bed was comfortable and the location wasn't bad.

Hotel was awesome. Beautiful pool
    • King Room with Spa Bath

That I booked my room twice and Booking.com charged me 20.00.

Beautiful place. Very comfortable and clean. Friendly staff. Indoor access to room. Like that!

The staff was very helpful and accomodating. Everything was very nice.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

When I made reservations, I booked a room with hot tub. I was a little disappointed when we got there and found it was only a jetted bath tub (for one).

It was very nice -- new and clean, and very modern looking,

AMAZING STAY!

n/a

The staff was amazing. Very courteous and pleasant. The rooms were very comfy and clean. The bed was very cozy. We took advantage of the breakfast bar the food was super delicious. The waitress and the Chef took the time to come talk to us and made sure we were taken care of at all times. They had a variety of everything for breakfast. In the lobby, there was fruit infused water along with some granola bars as an extra treat, that was very nice to have a "on the go" snack.

This hotel sucks. I want my money back.
    • Queen Room

I didn't like anything about This property. This property is in the wrong area. It has stains on the bed and chairs. The hotel doesn't look like it does from the pictures on your website. I'm very disappointed. I wanted to cancel but you all wouldn't let me. I will never use your website again!!

Nothing. This property is in the wrong area. It has stains on the bed and chairs. The hotel doesn't look like it does from the pictures on your website. I'm very disappointed. I wanted to cancel but you all wouldn't let me. I will never use your website again!!

we would definatly stay again
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Nothing really, overall a great stay, if I have to find something the elevators are odd spread apart with only one button to indicate.

This location was easy to get to, easy to leave from, quiet with a great view of pool.

I booked my room online for better rates.

Not being able to accommodate the customers, knowing that there are four rooms available just because I book online. I supposed that your policy, but most of the hotel have way out for that....

I booked my room online for better rates. I wanted to change room since my room is next to the kitchen Rm 110 and the front desk who helped me was not very helpful at all. She seemed like she hates her job. I asked her if I could get two twin bed and she responded," she couldn't change my room since I book through third party. It was a very bad experience. I stayed at the town palace next airport and I was so impressed how the employee would go beyond for their customers. I will definitely not recommend this place to my friends and family.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Clean, great staff but you have to pay for breakfast!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

I think they should serve a free breakfast, it is silly to me to pay for breakfast at the hotel when I can go get local breakfast cheaper than the hotels mediocre breakfast that is usually free at most hotels of this kind.

The bed was so comfortable, it smelled nice and clean in the whole hotel and the jetted bath tub was amazing.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Clean rooms comfy beds coffee tea and water in the lobby!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Our room was located on first floor right by the breakfast area and at 6 a.m. the workers were soooo noisy woke us up. Sounded like ice pouring into machines or big buckets. Loud talking kinda like they forgot people were in rooms right there.

Clean rooms comfy beds coffee tea and water in the lobby!

• Reviewed: 18 November 2018

Disappointed

No cups or glasses for water...no extra blanket(s)...the "closet" was a joke...

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

breakfast is really good.
    • Queen Room

Nothing. hotel and room are nice. bed was not the most comfortable

breakfast is really good. I like how they will make special items for you.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

I love the spa tub
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Bar closed before midnight not good...

I love the spa tub

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Spa tub, bed, pretty much everything
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Didnt get my deposit right back

Spa tub, bed, pretty much everything

Excellent hotel near restaurants and shopping !
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Well designed room, comfortable bed, beautiful lobby !

Quite and peaceful.

Some staff was rude

Quite and peaceful. Easy check in and out process

A little overpriced but good stay overall.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Accessible

No balcony option and parking was very limited

our stay was very nice.

breakfast price and my husband didn't like the bed comfort.

nice and clean

How clean and quiet the whole hotel was.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

How clean and quiet the whole hotel was. They property being tucked away.

Excellent will definitely stay in future trips to San Antonio!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

That we didn't have longer to enjoy the room.

The jacuzzi tub was great before 25 hours of flying!

Outstanding

Everything was great

Staff was very professional

all in all I enjoyed my stay.
    • Queen Room

no free or continental breakfast

I liked the facility but would have liked it even more if breakfast was included.

Staff
    • King Room with Spa Bath

They charged my card twice

Staff

The spa tub is amazing

The spa tub is amazing

The room was clean, bed comfortable and great staff

Nothing everything was great

The room was clean, bed comfortable and great staff

I would stay there again

N/a

More then what I expected.. very friendly staff , service was on point.

It was pleasant
    • King Room with Spa Bath

House keeping never came to our room we had to always go to the lobby for what we needed in our room

Spacious room

I loved the pillows
    • Queen Room

I wasn’t expecting the pool to be inside.

I loved the pillows

Came to visit a friend and sight see
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Accessible

The breakfast was over priced and not very good and the mattress on the bed was too soft. Overall it is a great facility

Clean, parking, great price

I enjoy my stay

Wifi connection

I like every thing

We had a great experience and everything flowed smoothly.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The pillows were too soft.

The room was clean and very comfortable.

Pool in the middle of open area , noisy, chlorine smell all...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Accessible

Pool in the middle of open area , noisy, chlorine smell all over the lobby.

It was Ok
    • Queen Room

No Parking space available the night cler was rude! She shut me up. No complimentary breakfast or WiFi. You hv to pay for everything.

It was okay

Love this property.
    • Queen Room

Love this property. Staff was extremely helpful

Good and bad could've been great addressing the bed situation

There is probably a few type of bed bugs in the bed we tried ignoring it but now I have really bad red marks. Couldn't find the bed bugs

Loved the spa bath tub and lighting
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The rr could have been a little cleaner

Loved the spa bath tub and lighting

The breakfast is an additional $11.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast is an additional $11.95/person. I feel this is unreasonably steep. We ate elsewhere.

Overall everything was great! Breakfast was yummy. Staff could be nicer and more more attractive.
    • Queen Room

I asked for extra towels they weren't brought ever

Loved indoor pool

In the end after booking.com accommodated us and made sure we were taken care of the stay was great.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The room we reserved wasn't the one given although the second night we were accomadated the point is you want what you order.

Nice comfy bed

Very friendly, helpful staff
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Ran out of wash cloths...

Very friendly, helpful staff

The big whirl pool tub
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The amount Hilton charged me compared to my booking price that still hasn't been returned to my account still 4 days later

The big whirl pool tub

Its was great.

I LOVED THE SPA TUB

Any small issues that occurred they made very sure that they...

Any small issues that occurred they made very sure that they stand behind their qualitied hotel

Exelent staff! Front desk, waiter, kitchen, all very kind. 👍🏼👍🏼
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Exelent staff. The room very clean!

A little tough to get in and out of.
    • Queen Room

A little tough to get in and out of. Need better signage

Good but could have been better.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Noise from sewer truck below are room .woke us up at 7;00 am .😩😩😩

Did not like breakfast cost

Great staff, awesome room.
    • Queen Room

Great staff, awesome room.

We didn’t have dinner there.

NA

We didn’t have dinner there.

Relaxing
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The staff was friendly, the rooms were very clean

I would stay again

Friendly and clean

Very nice.

For the price it was alright for a midday rendevous.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

For the price it was alright for a midday rendevous.

staff is always friendly and facility is always clean.
    • Queen Room

staff is always friendly and facility is always clean.

Love It!!!!

Maid service was a little sloppy

The staff was the best. The rooms were amazing. Just wonderful room and accommodations. Love the Keurig.

Nice room, expected better though.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Nice room, expected better though.

Good location, quite close to airport. Nice rooms.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Lovely large room, good spa bath.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The front desk employees were friendl and helpful.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

No entrance off the frontage road.

N/A. We did not visit the restaurant.

Showing 1 – 75