Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar 4 stars

3939 Ocean Bluff Ave, Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA 92130, USA

#58 of 226 hotels in San Diego

I arrived at the hotel with my reservation from Booking.com only to find the hotel never received my reservation from Booking.com. Not sure if I will use this website again.

The staff were great! My reservation from Booking.com was never received by the hotel so I arrived to find out I didn’t have a room reserved. They were able to offer me a room and I got it at a better rate.

• King Room with Balcony

No plastic spoon/fork. When next door guest used restroom and flashed water we can heard. When they turn on music/tv we can heard the voices, pretty annoying.

Bed and pillows was comfort

The room on the first floor hallway was well appointed and clean. However, the room placement made it noisy (near pool, near lobby) and the walls between rooms were paper thin. Normal conversations were fully heard (like they were in the same room). I would not suggest staying on first floor near pool if you want a quiet stay. We have stayed on the upper floor during a previous stay and did not find it to be a problem (noise).

Clean modern and updated property

They don't have toothbrush and the water to drink doesn't available in the room you have pay it

I like the bed it's very comfortable and the stuff was very nice.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The bed was extremely uncomfortable. The pillows looked fluffy, but when you lay on them they went flat. The bed looked comfy, but waking up in the middle of the night with aches because it is way too firm wasn’t fun. The decorative art on the wall was falling apart and was a complete eyesore. The temperature gauge was so confusing to manage because there was a small setting that says “emer” that could be easily set instead of the heat. So I was cold the first day. The worst part was that in the middle of the morning I heard a rush of loud water sound in the walls that stayed and ruined my sleep. I actually went down to talk to the hotel staff about it and they graciously listened and adjusted my rate to accommodate for the inconvenience. The staff was so nice!!

The staff was very personable and friendly! They were the best part of the trip! The location was beautiful and close to hikes we planned (Torrey Pines on the beach is so pretty!). The room was affordable and parking was very easy. There was a fridge and a mocrowave that was very convenient. The free coffee in the morning downstairs and fruit infused water was a nice start to our day! Did I mention that I loved the staff?

Shuttle bus only available to parties. Not really a benefit. Business center is desk in musty room. Breakfast at 15usd not good value and slow unless you want all you can eat. My colleague found bread with mould in breakfast bowl.

Good bartender and location. Room good size.

When I arrived I was given a room that was occupied or not clean. I opened the door and the lights were on and there was a drink on the tv console. I was provided another room but it was unsettling.

Bed was ok, space was ok, associates were fine.

The parking can be a challenge here, especially if you arrive late (as we did). We were lucky enough to find somebody leaving late, otherwise I'm not sure what the alternative to this parking lot would have been.

The area is peaceful. The staff was very friendly. The rooms are clean and amazingly quiet. The bed is perfect. This was our second time visiting this location and it was at least as good as the first time. Very pleased with our experience.

Waiter at breakfast didn't listen to order - asked to put boiling water on tea but brought teapot of hot water and two tea bags, which is not the way to brew tea. Then asked for SOFT bacon but brings usual horrible crisp bacon. American restaurants should learn that the Europeans like soft bacon.

Very pleasant staff, easy parking on site, comfortable bed, very good dinner

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The breakfast was pretty good. I actually thought everything tasted great but it was SO crowded and the lobby was pretty small so that was a little bit of an issue. I also had an issue with the pillows. One was too big and the other one was too small so it was a little annoying but not a big deal.

Bed was comfy, clean, and comfortable. I also liked being able to control my own room temp. The shower had good water pressure. I really liked having a couch, table tray, and a desk to get work done. It felt pretty cozy. The bed was pretty big.

staff was very friendly and the hotel was very very clean!!! went to town for a wedding and found this gem for half the price of the places in town and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations.

On booking.com site that you will see the parking fee will be charged. But hotel staff said it is for free. Food was delicious and the service in the restaurant was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Notices wallpaper in the bathroom peeling away from wall.

The food was good quality and yummy. It was nice to have a restaurant on the property when we didn't feel like going out ahain

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

It seemed like some of the TV channels lost signals. I am not sure how or why and neither did the front desk. I am a Hilton Honors member, and I have never been able to get the free wifi to work. I always end up paying the $4.95

The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. Checking in and out was quick and easy.

• King Room with Balcony

The only this is the hotel was about 15-30 miles away from what I had planned for the vaca but for the amazing staff I did not mind at all. So I guess there was nothing I didn't like

I loved the enitire experience.. Christina whom was the front desk supervisor was amazing. My partner and I went on this small little get away because it was her birthday and because she just finished her treatment for leukemia and she had been in and out of hospitals for over a year. Christina totally made this trip something neither of us will forget. For my fiancée birthday she sent up a platter of chocolate covered strawberries and other fruit and some sparkling champagne and a hand written card from her that just touched our heart. And just made sure everyday was a good day by just being a very happy bubbly person to start our day off on a good note. Then at the little bar/restaurant a totally down to earth awesome guy named Paul was Thee best! The first time we met him he was so fun and entertaining and always made sure we had what we needed and that the food was perfect. Then the day of my fiancée birthday he set up a dinner table all fancy and new what we wanted and just very personable and fun and just made our experience perfect. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and I will definitely be back and hopes that they are still there.

They placed us on the top floor and we got absolutely NO sleep due to the constant LOUD humming of the HAVC units right above out room. That is what made this the WORST experience ever.

The staff and facility was great.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• King Room with Balcony

Room had Keurig coffee maker, but no water..? We were told to use the tap or come down to buy water. Would've been more appropriate to have provided a couple bottles for the price we paid for the room. Also room service does NOT serve breakfast (or lunch). On a romantic getaway I hoped to get some bacon and coffee in bed, but instead checked out and went to a restaurant.

Bed super comfortable, room furnished nicely and adequately. It felt clean which is very important to me when staying at a hotel. Bathroom was small but nice. It could've used a fan though, it stayed foggy a while after a shower.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

I can't think of anything.

The order-made breakfast buffet is fantastic. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were great. I spoke with the general manager on a couple of occasions and he was very personable.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Restaurant must have been short on help because tables where not cleaned, and was not able to find seating.

Front desk gal Zonovia was cordial and helpful.Room was clean, and bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

No neighbourhood bars or restaurants. Roof /wall view from the balcony.

Quiet location. About 5 minute drive ti the freeway. 15 minutes from the beach or PC#1

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

No breakfast comp., at all. that was disappointing.

The staff was outstanding, but especially Zenobia, who always seemed to go above and beyond like it was the most natural thing in the world. She is a treasure —hope you guys hang onto her!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

my car along with several others got keyed the night I stayed so far the hotel has not responded back to me at all regarding my car and getting it repaired to what it looked like before I paid almost two hundred dollars and stayed the night

it was nice and quiet

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The price was really expensive. I've been to same class hotels with almost half the price before

Free wifi, very friendly staff, very clean room and specially beds

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The employees and the cleaniness

This was the best experience I've ever had the employees were super nice and very helpful and accommodated all your needs

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

The only thing I would recommend is that the carpets are in need of a good cleaning.

Excellent, excellent management and friendly, knowledgeable staff. I can't say enough about how terrific the service was. Everyone went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the guests had a marvelous stay.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

We stayed here while we attended the KAABOO festival. The staff was friendly and acccomotating with complementary gift bags, snacks, and shuttle for our event. Clean and fun atmosphere would definelty recommend!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The service at the Boars Head. We got the wrong order and after returning to have it redone, they did it wrong against

The friendliness of the manager, David, and of the workers, Blake and Tyree the shuttle driver.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Staff was extremely helpful. We had visitors the first night, and used the lounge to play Settlers of Catan. The next night we were allowed to have our two Grandsons spend the night on an air mattress we had brought. Excellent experience.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Running water sound off and on while we stay in the room. i think someone stay above us enjoy showering a bit too much.

Overall nice place to stay. Love the staff

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

Room was not cleaned on Saturday. We were going to a wedding a needed to get ready so the room was not available for cleaning until 1245. However when we returned from the wedding at 1100pm the bed was never made

Staff at restaurant very friendly. Breakfast was a very good value

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Original room was dark, if only it had been quiet.

Nice and clean

Nice and clean

Refreshing and a prefect spot from all the hassle from downtown.

The bed was wonderful, shower had great water pressure.

The view

The bed was really comfortable and the pillows really soft

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Better customer service at front desk.

Staff did not explain that there would be an additional holding fee charged until we brought it to their attention

Ease of temperature control

• King Room with Balcony

No ventilation fan in the bathroom. The plumbing was to loud and walls to thin

The balcony was nice. I liked the wired internet

The bed very comfy. Shower fantastic. Staff lovely. Shuttle bus handy

The view from our room wasn’t the nicest. It was a parking lot.

Clean room. Easy check in check out process & friendly staff.

It was a ok. Not much to like or dislike for a one night stay.

Nice bed and tv. Also a very good bathroom.

very good stay but a bit far from town. very quite though.

Walls were thin and able to hear other people talking in room next door.

Staff was helpful with dinner menu making recommendations.

Hidden fees , charged way more than expected $120.00 room but was charged for $220.00 not worth it at all

WiFi unreliable

Comfy bed!

Breakfast was good and reasonably priced

Beautiful area!!

Breakfast was awful

Prompt resolution of a billing no discrepancy

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Tub got full of water. Bar did not have ingredients for drinks

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

The hotel was lovely and room was very comfy.

See above elevator carpets

Practically everything but the rotting carpets in the elevators (especially the one serves also the kitchen)

Cleanliness

Farther away from most attractions than I thought.

Very quiet and clean

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The food was great. The beds were great. The jacuzzi and heated pool are awesome as well.

no comp breakfast

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

the restaurant was not very good during breakfast anyway

i cant get over how nice the front desk staff was!

There is no spa (and in the pictures there is a spa).

The staff gave us breakfast and sent up flowers and fruit :)

Nice hotel

Parking fee

Close to a freeway

The staff has terrible attitude and is incapable of providing the service that you are paying for.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Everyone was really nice

It is a really excellent place to stay

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

One bed in double room had a bad mattress (indent in the middle) Breakfast omlette tasted like old oil.. I did not eat there after that

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The world series channel was not available in the room but it was in the bar. Why??

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Nice clean place.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

A little bit out of the way.

Beautiful hotel. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The restaurant was very pleasant and we used it every day.

Outstanding front desk staff

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Easy Check in Room was convenient and honored my request for two single Queens instead of one King

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Good location - very clean

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Excellent Friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

I liked the staff. Nice very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

24hours pool & Gym Complimentary coffee and fruits Location was great Rooms are quiet

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Food transported for room service on food cart uncovered poor infection control practice

There are also 60 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.