Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo 3 stars

17240 Bernardo Center Drive, Rancho Bernardo, CA 92128, USA

#1 of 7 hotels in Rancho Bernardo

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Ramada

Horrible experience, I diddent get any sleep at all, to many issues to list but when I have more time I will list it. I explained the issues I had to the day time front desk supervisor and she called me a liar!!! Can you believe that, then I told her I just wanted to pay for the one night I stayed and credit back my credit card for the upcoming week that i prepaid for, she ripped me off and tried charging me 2 nights, the experience I had there was bad enough now she's trying to bill me for an extra night???? I travel alot nationally and internationally and so do all my friends family and colleagues, I just spent 2 weeks traveling around asia and 2 weeks in San diego and this ramada experience was the worst. I'm sure many many people will be asking me about my hotel recommendations, ramada will not be one of them.

Avoid this property

Decent place but do not expect breakfast

This is perhaps the first Hilton Garden Inn that we've stayed that did not offer free breakfast to all their Hilton Honors members. The website indicated breakfast with our stay, but we found out that was not the case. We were disappointed. Had we known in advance, we would have booked our stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton in La Jolla again. I've been spoiled, but I learned not to assume, so I will ask beforehand the next time I book a Hilton Garden Inn.

The facilities were clean and rooms were spacious. One of the reasons we choose to stay at the Hilton is for the amenities, which include breakfast.

Absolutely recommend this hotel!
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

There was really nothing I did not like or enjoy. My experience here was good.

The breakfast buffet is a great value with a lot of great selections. The wait and cook staff was absolutely great!

The location fit our needs very well.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The location fit our needs very well. The room was clean and comfortable. Tried to reach the manager via email twice prior to our stay with no response, Check in was late after ten, front desk staff was not very friendly. It was the only encounter with any staff during our entire stay, so the opportunity was lost.

It was ok.... staff friendly... room access very spread out..

Hallways extremely HOT! Over 77 degrees! Our rooms were overlooking freeway and near some generator that was VERY NOISY! Booked with Bookkng.com. NEVER AGAIN! Total RIP OFF! Price quoted NOT price paid. Items stated as included ... were NOT. Very DISAPPOINTED!!!

Pool nice, staff nice. Room nice

Great hotel to stay

I just asked to change room. The first one was facing the I-15 and thenon-stop traffic prevented me to sleep late in the night.

The rooms are large, very well equipped, comfortable. The hitel has a gym, a pool, all very pleasant. Underground garage too. Employees were nice and very helpful.

Excellent!

The only but is that its pretty far from restaurants and stores.

Very good night sleep! Since its pretty far from main tourist attractions, there's not alot of rowdy crowds.

The staff when checking in was extremely rude.

The staff when checking in was extremely rude. I got in there with a smile on my face and that quickly went away after dealing with the terrible customer service.

Awesome!

All good, exceeded our expectations!

Room clean and parked car close to room, actually right outside our window. Breakfast very good! We will stay here again.

Great place to stay, I could imagine that the breakfast is Also pretty decent if you come on time.

I came in just before they were closing breakfast because I was running late. The “cook” grumpily said “I’ll cook you some fresh eggs, these are old before slamming the window in my face. I then received the same old eggs that were sitting there in the window. Along with many other items I didn’t order.

Nice outdoor areas and friendly staff.

I was very satisfied with my stay.

The only issue I came across was actually with booking.com When I arrived I had to wait about 30 minutes before I could check in because the confirmation was never sent to the hotel. However, staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff was great and the room was very clean.

The staff was very kind and informative.

Paper thin walls. Setting for heat/cold in the shower was reversed. Curtains didn’t block out the lights from outside.

The staff was very kind and informative. Room was clean

More than adequate for a short stay. Would probably choose alternative for longer non-business stay.

The "restaurant" was quite limited but adequate. Breakfast was not included in room rate, but choices were good. The area is a business park near library and Kaiser Medical center. The only two restaurants in walking distance were Soup Plantation and a Mongolian Grill stir fry. these were good. Would have loved to have additional choices both for lighter lunches and more upscale dinners. Black Angus was only a 10 minute drive by freeway.

Location near the freeway and access to Escondido and San Diego was excellent.

Pretty good

The bed was too firm. I was sore when I woke up the next day. Was glad to get home to my bed.

The room was clean and well stocked. I didn’t have to ask for extra towels which was nice!

Pleasant Overnight Stay

Be prepared for a long walk from the elevator to your room. Our room number was 202, so we had a bit of a walk down hallways to and from the elevator. Just think of it as good excerise.

The room was clean and quiet. Enough space for two adults and one child to share. Bathroom was clean and new, nothing old or worn. Shower was decent. Decor was basic, nothing fancy. We had breakfast downstairs and it was an enjoyable experience, friendly staff. Overall I was pleased with the experience and would stay there again. Great room for the price... can't beat it!

Awesome experience in Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo!

THIS Hilton's people, service and location!

Actually, for some reason, the booking date was wrong. The front desk couldn't find us. HOWEVER, they told us NO PROBLEM! WE HAVE A ROOM for YOU! what is the greatest service! Before we checked in, we had wonderful day but if we don't have a room, we couldn't think we have to sleep in to our car. But the problem is gone! We will recommend THIS Hilton to all our friends!

Great family trip

The staff was very courteous and professional. They took care of our needs and were very flexible in how they approached us. It was a pleasant experience all around. I have stayed here many times since the week the hotel opened and it has always been a very good experience.

Clean room, easy check in and check out, friendly front desk...

AC was not working properly and was actually blowing warm air... had to turn off and open window.

Clean room, easy check in and check out, friendly front desk staff

Overall we were happy with our stay. We had two rooms but they were on different floors.

Our room was next to the Freeway and I heard traffic all night. The furniture was outdated.

The staff was very nice at the front desk. The lobby was very nice. The pool was under construction :( The breakfast buffet was very nice.

We were pleased with the accommodations.

There were partiers in the hot tub just below our room, and then of course, they were the same people staying in the room directly above us. We were thinking of changing rooms, but we didn't. I realize it's not the staff's fault, but, it can still be annoying when you want rest (and they want to party) oh well. All in all, we were pleased.

No breakfast. Nice beverages in lobby, that was a nice touch.

thanks but we will find someplace else to stay next time

The staff at check in were kind of rude about having used booking.com instead of booking directly with them. They did not inform us that there was an option for breakfast at the restaurant, even when I asked if there was a breakfast option, I was told 'no' and at check out found out that for a very nominal fee we could have enjoyed a breakfast buffet. Housekeeping was very slow we left and returned twice during the day before getting the room made up. They were not responsive to our needs for enough washcloths and towels for the entire family. The tv was very basic and did not have many features (such as a menu or even what was playing and not many channels). Not a great bang for the buck.

The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and the pool was nice, very sunny, but nice.

I loved the breakfasts here!

I loved the breakfasts here! They're not included, but they have a nice selection and they'll custom make omelettes for you. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

The facilities were clean.

The bartender did not know how to make mixed drinks. The toilet in the room had to be fixed.

The facilities were clean. Maintenance was quick to respomd.

Great Clean Freeway Close Hotel with a great staff!

I could hear noise from the hall, maybe not enough insulation or sound-proofing at he door?

Tyra at the check in desk was knowledgeable, friendly, and quick! The room as nice and clean!

There is no other better place to stay

There is nothing not to like.

I'd never had room service before in my life because of the cost but I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. The food was AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS and worth every bite. I like there are snacks & beverages in the Lobby and ESPECIALLY LOVE THE MORNING COFFEE display

Really pleased with Hilton

Facilities were good jus the location was up in a hill area and finding it was a challenge but not that difficult

Liked facility had everything u needed from room had microwave and refrigerator. Downstairs had amenities station , bar for drinks and restaurant. I only stayed one night and check in an never left till check-out

Staff was excellent and courteous Attentive and patient...

Bartender at night was flustered with customer. She was not happy that we arrived at the hotel after a wedding close to the ending of her shift.

Staff was excellent and courteous Attentive and patient with our group coming in at different times.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

awfull

In one word: Management! I visited this place 3 years ago while it was new and awesome. However, this time, I was totally unsatisfied. It was poorly maintained. The rooms smelled so bad that you had to turn on the A/C all the time, otherwise, the bed smells like onion+cookies! It was awful! You should use water at low pressure, otherwise it won't drain the water in a timely manner. All furniture and carpets and doors were misused and it seems manager didn't care and keep charging the customers as before (about $120 per night). I will definitely never come back.

Staff tried to be helpful

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Nice stay for weekend. Quick to Rancho Bernardo Inn and golf course

no continental breakfast. was around $12 for breakfast. they do have coffee in lobby and coffee makers in rooms.

nice beds and pillows. soft, comfortable and appeared new. nice sheets. staff nice and easy to work with. christmas tree and lights were nice plus to the lobby. they also have happy hour in lobby at night.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Very nice hidden hotel
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The location is a bit awkward to find especially at night. There are small direction signs, but they are hard to see at night.

Very nice hotel our room was very spacious (on a corner) and there were restaurants and fast food options fairly close by. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Comfortable in Rancho Bernardo.

Noisy refrigerator. Light in my eye from microwave when sleeping. No fan and nightlight in bathroom.

Pool and hot tub, board games, coffee, tv in bar, family friendly, newspaper, refrigerator and microwave, blackout curtain, gym, laundry, computer room.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Nice place to stay

You had to pay for breakfast

Nice place to stay Lots of restaurants and stores nearby Starbucks close by

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Will stay again

Clogged sink

Most everything

Property is situated in a very nice, safe & private...

Property is situated in a very nice, safe & private location...not in a commercial area. Being next door to a Catholic church is a plus.

Location and clean.

Breakfast not included.

Location and clean.

Clean room

Pool was dirty Noisy neighbors

Clean room Clean sheets Nice staff

Nice room but too expensive. The problem it is about what hotels cost in the area. Next Airbnb

Restaurant

Hotel staff great. Restaurant staff awful. Food equally awful to the restaurant staff

Overall great hotel

When leaving I encountered a spider

Room was awesome, very comfortable

Very good place to spend a few days if you want to be in Rancho Bernardo to l

Can't think of anything i

Overall very good experience.

Overall it was excellent good service

The pasta dinner

It was nice to sleep not that much noise

Fit our needs

Bar closed early on a holiday

Pool

Quit location!

It was excellent

Every thing was fine.

Bed was comfortable

layout of hotel rooms was such that some rooms had a long...

layout of hotel rooms was such that some rooms had a long walk to lobby/pool/restaurant, but really not that bug of a deal.

Enjoyed my stay here
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Bar hours to late

Coffee /view/comfort

Location & quiet.

Old room needs refurbishing, dirty carpet that made my husband sneezed frequently.

Location & quiet.

Stay here

Clean

Awesome staff they helpful

I didn't get room service for the two nights I stayed

Awesome staff they helpful

Enjoyable and relaxing and would definitely come back here when visiting family.

Convenient location and felt safe while traveling alone.

Friendly staff and comfortable beds.

Friendly staff and comfortable beds.

Faucet fell apart - old in general.

Faucet fell apart - old in general.

for a Hilton Hotel ,it should be better.

Bad plumbing, leaking plumbing fixtures make noise all night.

I did not eat I’m the restaurant but ordered room service...

I did not eat I’m the restaurant but ordered room service two of the nights of my stay. The food was very food and fast service.

Amazing place to stay in!

Amazing place to stay in!

Staff was courteous and friendly.

Staff was courteous and friendly. Pool is heated.

The bathroom door

The bathroom door

My stay was peaceful

No complimentary free breakfast

The complimentary coffee and tea station

Visiting for a track meet for my son in high school.

The beds were uncomfortable and the extra blanket and pillows were disgusting.

The breakfast was good.

Wonderful customer service. Will stay again.

Thought the room would be larger

Staff was wonderful

Front desk clerk kept transfering me to voicemail, and...

Front desk clerk kept transfering me to voicemail, and Philippine call center!!!

The hotel was a central location for what we had planned...

The hotel was a central location for what we had planned thus very convenient.

Excellent staff great service very clean will be staying...

Excellent staff great service very clean will be staying there again soon.

Not cleaning my room really turned me off for this property..

I was gone all day and came back later to find out that my room wasn’t clean. No clean towels, etc..

The Breakfast Buffet

A special thank you to Mike who went way out of his way to make our stay wonderful!!

Great variety on menu !

Pillows not comfortable.

Pillows not comfortable.

Our stay g

A little slow at preparing the room each day. Room typically would not be serviced till 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Everything was very good

Everything was very good

Nice stay in RB with the family

Very nice hotel, property well maintained. Pool, fitness center and laundry all came in handy

Bed was perfect.

Bed was perfect. Room was clean.

Really recomend it
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

everything great

Friendly bar staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Charged a different price to the Booking.com quote. Noisy traffic as close to freeway

Friendly bar staff

Poor service.

Poor service.

Very good breakfast.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Very good breakfast. Nice omelets.

Okay
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Room and bathroom look old

Garage for parking and it is free