Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North 3 stars

670 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA

#3 of 26 hotels in South San Francisco

Not a lot within walking distance. From past experiences with Hilton Garden Inns there are usually delicious cookies but not this time.

The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable!

The dinner menu is limited

It's easy to access to company shuttle bus and hotel airport shuttle bus. I like the self-service laundry for my business trip.

The heating unit was very loud, and the hotel did not remedy the issue even after we requested it. We also found the front desk was not available many times for questions, etc.

Good location, near Hwy. 101, comfortable rooms, food service employees were very good.

• King Room with Whirlpool

The cocktail drinks were gross.

The staff was very friendly and hospitable. The beds were comfy- and locate was easy to go back and forth from to downtown SF.

• King Room with Whirlpool

The jacuzzi was filthy and it made my skin get a itchy rash I couldnt even sit down in the tub

The bed was comfortable like my own bed it was a little better even

Breakfast was expensive and bad - always were the worst I have had anywhere. Very far from anuth8ng other than the airport

Near to the airport. Clean and comfortable

There are at least three Hilton garden inns in the vicinity of San Francisco airport. The naming of these hotels is very similar and confusing especially when you’ve been awake for 20 hours!

Good place for an overnight stop following a long day travelling . Nice clean room and very helpful staff. Good breakfast, noting that this was an extra cost.

Just needed more pillows.

The room is impressive and clean. The bathroom is clean and equipped with stuffs for personal use. I like the bed...it's very comfortable. The staffs are courteous and efficient. We will definitely stay in this hotel again...😊

Location was great as far as being by the airport but next time we may opt to stay closer to the city where we planned on being most of the time

Staff was great

We had requested a quiet room through Booking.com, however, that message wasn't covered to the hotel. We were assigned Room 101 - a first floor room opposite the Laundry, and next to the stairwell door and outside door for our floor - very noisy. It also happened that our bath sink drain would not close. I brought this to the attention of the hotel the following morning, and not only did they move our room, they credited our breakfast and gave us a hand-written note of apology - an unheard-of kindness that was much appreciated. I give them 5 stars.

• King Room with Whirlpool

Nightly problem with key/door lock system. Food at breakfast buffet was very poor - cold eggs, bacon not well cooked, etc.

Rooms were spacious and clean. Bathroom was very clean and well-kept - not old or falling apart in any way.

The room had a very bad musty smell after the Air freshener wore off. Sheets were not changed. Got into bed and the sheets smelled like men's deodorant in many places which means they were the used sheets. Disgusting!

Staff was nice. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

maybe more restaurants and store beside one here and there, the closest restaurant and store or gas station was 7-12 minutes away so not to bad but nothing in walking distance.

Everything was great at the hotel

• King Room with Whirlpool

Took us an hour to get into a room that didn't smell like smoke or already have someone else asleep inside. The service here is far below Hilton standards, we won't be back.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

I was never asked the floor preference and just automatically assigned a room in the first floor. I prefer a room on the upper floor.

Its centralized location.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

I thought I could check in at midnight or 1 AM because I requested special checkin due to the time we arrived in SF. I had to wait till 4 AM before I could get into a room. After that the rest of our stay was GREAT

Very helpful and treated my daughter very special on her birthday.

Despite our short stay, everything was perfect.

Unfortunately, our stay was short but sweet! Your hotel exceeded our expectations. Checking in and out was a breeze. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Location was perfect. Room was clean and very nice. Bed was comfortable. Area was quiet. We plan to use it again when visiting South San Francisco.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Stayed only overnight, did not have time to eat breakfast, but the room was very nice, very clean. The staff were friendly. Will definitely stay there again and will recommend the hotel to our friends and relatives.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

I would've loved to have a complimentary breakfast. Snacks were expensive...no map to public transportation

Beautiful lobby, beautiful room and check in was amazingly quick. The room actually smelled like cleanliness. Would love to stay there again

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Overwhelming smell from deodorizer upon entry. Loud heater. Bathroom fan is continuously on. Breakfast is $13 if not included in room rate, careful!

Location, comfort of room

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool

Beds were a bit uncomfortable. Mattresses were definitely a bit worn down.

Location. Quiet, clean, and comfortable. Short taxi or uber ride away from city attractions. Free parking was nice. Similarly priced options in the city charge $40-$70 a night for parking. Put the money saved towards more fun on the trip.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Paying $11.00 for parking and our car got broken into and the Hilton hotel don't have anything to do with the break in. Parking should be free

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Forgive my poor English. I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn south San Francisco for 3 night.They wanted to charge me more than $180.than my itinerary from Booking .com shows. I spoke out about it. Then they said they would charge me what Itinerary shows. 3 days after I checked out this hotel, I checked my bank account. They took out $692.20 for 3 nights twice, mean they charged me twice. The bed was mess, sheets and pillow cases were not clean and few towels did not smell fresh. I have to call them tomorrow and correct their mistakes. I am under stress because of their random attitude. I will never stay there again.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Breakfast expensive. Coffee mugs were too little, not much in toppings for oatmeal such nuts, cranberries/raisins. Servings were hard to reach,

Breakfast was expensive, others offers free breakfast better than you offer!

I was surprised there was not a continental breakfast, bagels, fruit, etc, available that was included in the room price.

The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was super.

Not part of Dreamforce hotel shuttle network so had to make provisions to get downtown to events in some other fashion. Took BART from the hotel's shuttle to SFO.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool

We originally reserved a room with a whirlpool but once we got there they told us that they were sold out. I would have cancelled the reservation had i known the room was sold out.

The room that we got was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

No bars or cafe within walking distance of hotel. Hotel does have its own bar and restaurant.

Free shuttle bus to airport, every 30 minutes allowing access to BART for central San Francisco. The breakfast were good too! A buffet style but everything you would want to get your day started. A chef is on hand to cook eggs and omelette just the way you like them. The hotel has a bar with a couple of draught beers.

It is fair way out of town and we used an uber to get in and out. It appears the public transport options were a little inaccessible.

They let us check in early (great after an international flight). Good gym facilities, room large clean and tidy.

The maids knocked on the door and entered our room, even on check out day, at 8 and 9am. Check out is not until 12pm. We were sleeping and we're woke up by the intrusion.

The room was clean, nothing special, but for being in San Francisco nice to have white sheets and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Insuficient cleaning, far away of what we expect from a room rate of $300 per night. Towels with steps, hair in the bath tub... not meeting minimum standards at all !!! It was also easy to find food in the small shop beyond the maturity date. Are clients supossed to take care of this details? Overall, the hotel is becomimg out of date. Need refurbishing.

Practical design, as usual in all Garden Inn. It is close to the airport, as others do. Staff is supportive.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Breakfast not included in the price and at a fixed fee of $12.95 even if you only had a coffee, bowl of cereal and a yoghurt.

Natalie & Reagan on the front desk were amazing. Very helpful and eager to please. Two wonderful ladies. Location to the airport if very good and the courtesy bus to the BART station is most welcome. Spacious rooms and ample parking facilities.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

This may sound weird but the toilet paper was mounted in such a weird spot. Not sure why they did that but we loved our stay!!!!

Bed was very comfy. Location was perfect for us! Price was great, staff was super nice! Would totally stay there again!!!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

If I need to split hairs, it could be mentioned that the ground floor on which we stayed was a little noisier than other floors- which, honestly, is to be expected. I'd also like to see a slightly cleaner bathroom (just found two hairs in an otherwise very clean unit). Another issue was being charged double and having money held on one card, although another was explicitly handed over to the clerk for payment. Neither the legal disclosures nor ads/prompts on the site mentioned or alluded to this being a possibility. It may also bear mentioning that I've taken contractual law classes and have a background in web-based technologies, so yes, I notice when deals are advertised as "needing cards to be held and not debited *unless* bookings are secured within 24 hours of scheduled stay..." Either way, the manager was fairly understanding and got charges reversed. Of course I'll be upset for the next business week while my monies are being refunded, but what can you do?...

Fresh fruit-infused water available to all guests and visitors was an unexpected perk that set this hotel- along with it's uniquely modern, well-designed lobby- apart from others in its class. The complimentary breakfast was noted, and the totally free shuttle from the airport was appreciated. This Hilton also lies an acceptable distance from local car rental services (located at the SFO airport, less than 15min without traffic). The workout area was small but very adequately equipped. The business room with copiers and office supplies was also a great asset, and, in terms of location, the traffic seemed to be better on this southern side of city than on the north or northeast. I could hardly imagine renting a hotel room in those other areas. This was definitely overall a well-worth it stay!

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool

Booked whirlpool room in advance because my pregnant wife & I were going to spend all day in SF walking around on Father's Day weekend. I wanted my wife to relax in a whirlpool after the long day so I booked in advance plus payed extra..But was given a regular room instead.👎👎 the whirlpool room was the only reason I picked this location😳

Room was actually nice just not the room I booked in advance..

No breakfast, maybe it is my fault that I did not check prior to booking

Rooms

• Double Room - Disability Access

The staff was super friendly and accommodating.

The towels had a weird smell.

All good

Great staff

Very clean and inductive for sleep

They didn’t have any quarters for the laundry.

It was an older property but well maintained. Great location for me.

I was a little bit disappointed about the cleanness in bath room

Complimentary shuttle bus and laundry room

We like everything

The choices we had

The amount of coffee in the room

The quite room and the friendly staff

a little bit noise at mid-night

near airport

Restaurant pretty average. Everything a taxi ride from hotel.

Good location being close to airport and quiet. Comfortable as airport stopover.

There's nothing close by to walk to (CVS,restaurant or any shop). Breakfast was very expensive with very few options.

The car parking was free of charge and did not need to be pre-booked, even though the description on Booking.com indicated otherwise.

I really enjoy my stay there good attention and service, everything was very clean, thank you.

Lobby restaurant too brightly lit

Great remodel was done

No room service at night ... at times we had to pick up extra towel or toilet paper downstairs.

Friendly staff very accommodating

The staff were terrific.

Did not try the breakfast

Did not try the breakfast

No restaurant is within walking distance

Lemon water and fruit bowl are provided for free.

Friendly and helpful staff better price

No pool on site.

Being close to the airport.

Charging for parking.

needs better pillows.

Nice rooms, comfy beds, extemely helpful and friendly staff.

The staff was very nice and helpful. They got us early check in and helped us arrange our transportation to concert venue

Price was a bit high and the fitness center could be a little better.

Room was clean beds were comfortable and it was very quite.

Breakfast was expensive.

great experience

Close to the city large rooms New and modern

Everthing

• Double Room - Disability Access

It suited our purpose for a quick stop over. Shuttle bus to airport was efficient

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Additional charge for parking.

Hotel was pretty clean ,and our room was comfortable.

Very pleasant staff

• Double Room - Disability Access

Big room,friendly staff and free shuttle bus to/from airport.

Friendly and shuttle to airport

Better kuerig coffee selection

Room was clean, large and comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Not really clean. Especially the sheets.Noisy, but it's an airport hotel no surprise here.

Big bedroom. Recently renovated.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Nothing bad to say

Beds were comfy and room was super clean and roomy

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Distance city center

Near airport SFO

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Carpet was wet after lots of rain.

Mac n cheese very good