Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs 3 stars

125 South Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA

#14 of 24 hotels in Saratoga Springs

Great location for SPAC events
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Drain in bathtub wouldn't close. It wasn't catastrophic by any means, just mildly disappointing. Didn't call staff about it because it was after midnight and I am not that person. Very minor issue.

White on white bed linens are great. Bed was comfortable, 2 soft and 2 firm pillows give you options , also nice. Fabulous location for events at Saratoga performing arts Center. USB charging ports EVERYWHERE.

Loved it!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too hot and far to walk to downtown

The guest services were outstanding. We relied on them heavily for advice because we aren’t from the area. So friendly and informative.

Close to SPAC, amazing staff, very clean.
    • King Room Disability Access

There was construction, the grounds seemed a bit messier than usual.

Stay at this hotel every time in Saratoga - very clean close to SPAC. Staff go above & beyond.

We were staying for my sons college orientation that was just up the street at the automobile museum

Everything was perfect.

Everything was just perfect!!! We had a little confusion because I booked through booking.com. But the manager fixed the problem without hesitation.

It was an ok hotel, but next time we travel in that area we’ll look for another hotel

The heat wouldn’t control the temperature, room temperature got into the 80’s, we had to shut off the heat. Tub drain wouldn’t hold water past about 1/4 full Back door entrance was icy, snow and ice not cleared well

Upon arriving, check in was easy and the room was nice.

Upon arriving, check in was easy and the room was nice. We went out for dinner and a visit to the casino. Upon arriving back at the hotel at approximately 10:30 pm, there was absolutely no place to park. I went in and talked to the front desk and was told it was fine to park in a handicapped designated spot or in the circle in front of the hotel which is a fire lane. I’m not handicapped and was not going to take up the one remaining spot in case someone that was in fact handicapped needed the spot, and I’m a firefighter, and wasn’t driving a fire truck. Therefore, it wasn’t appropriate to park there like the other 5 vehicles that were illegally parked there. We got a refund and switched hotels and had a much better stay elsewhere. If you can’t facilitate enough parking for the number of rooms you have, then you need a bigger parking lot.

Perfect for what we needed, clean, friendly,and efficient with a great location

Little short on parking,due to full house, but staff accommodated us, otherwise everything was excellent.

Welcome bars, friendly staff, cleanliness, location, complimentary coffee, amenities, fireplace

Good property, good location, dismissive staff.

There were other guests across the hall and next to me who were smoking marijuana in their rooms and in the hallway, cursing and yelling in the hallway, opening their doors and blasting music both nights of my stay. The person at the front desk was dismissive of my complaints about this.

The hotel was clean and I booked the room for a great rate.

Would stay again.

The value was great considering it was New Year's weekend. The room was comfortable and the staff went out of the way to accommodate our requests.

My confirmation showed that breakfast was included and was...

My confirmation showed that breakfast was included and was one of the main reasons I chose the hotel, I screen shotted my confirmation because this happened the last time I stayed at a Hilton property. They tried to tell me breakfast wasn't included and made me feel like this was MY confusion. They did finally add it, but not after a conversation blaming me for how I booked it. The next morning the power went out in the hotel causing the room temperature to drop significantly. After the power came back on we were able to fall back asleep only to have the hotel alarm go off first thing in the morning, we were told when we went down stairs that someone burnt some toast. No announcement that it was an emergency. Everyone had to find our after leaving their rooms.

I enjoyed my stay.

The bar in the hotel lobby. No privacy.

did not have breakfast there. Most hotels I have been to in the past aways offer a continental breakfast, which is included in the price of the room

Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Some areas of the ground level (including rooms) can smel like chlorine if near the pool area. Try to get an upper floor room.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Quality of breakfast and menu choices were good. Room was clean.

We booked three rooms but only two were available.

We booked three rooms but only two were available. The person behind the desk was rude and unhelpful. I was on the phone for over 2 hours to resolve this. Bookings.com got us the third room needed in another hotel but then the Hilton called with a room available. We were treating my parents to a trip for my dads 79th birthday. Very stressful start to our vacation. Also, we had requested a room with two beds but they were only full beds. Too small for two people.

The room is uncomfortably warm.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

The room is uncomfortably warm. Could not put the air conditioner lower than 68 degrees, which was not really acceptable on a very warm muggy nite. When checking out after mentioning to the staff, got no reaction, as if this was ok

Ok but not great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I stay at Hilton Gardens everywhere. The facility was ok but not great. The hallway carpets are worn out and the place needs a paint job. Pool and gym area was also dingy. Not used to that. Also, breakfast was really poor quality. Maybe they just wanted to shut down for the morning.

Easy booking. Staff was pleasant.

Looking for peace nice place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It rained in our room on the last day which sucked and the jacuzzi didn't work.

The beds were very comfortable and the hotel is very quiet. The staff is amazing.

Great place to stay!

There wasn't anything we didn't like.

Rooms where comfortable and clean. Shower was great! Staff were very nice! Location was close to everything.

Will consider another option - not worth the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Failed to clean room one of the three days there

Did comp breakfast - missed it on Monday with service hour weekday change. Don't know what an hour difference in availability does for hotel.This information was not relayed.

Nice overnight stay in Saratoga Springs, New York
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Pillows were perhaps the worst I have ever experienced. Way too soft.

Breakfast was modified cook to order food with other items buffet style. There was a charge for breakfast, but the food was very good and there was a nice selection available. The dining area was spacious and well-appointed. The pool and spa area was very clean with abundant towels and seating available. Rooms were large and nicely appointed.

Terrible experience
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

The AC broke in the middle of the night twice so we woke up in a sweaty muggy room and then had to wait for the Maitenance guy to come and replace the air conditioner. There was no room service So we couldn't even order coffee in the morning. The bathroom toilet wasn't clean under the seat. There was some type of stain on one of our pillows. When I asked for a cab they said they would call our room back to confirm a wait time and after waiting for 30min I called them back and they said that they tried to call us a dozen times but our phone must be broken. We tested it right after and it was working fine...so they lied to us and most likely just forgot to call the cab so we were late for our reservation. A friend had a gift delivered to us during our stay and the reception lost it somehow so we had to call all around to find it. The breakfast was $11 and terrible and our door took 10 times to open every time we went to our room. For a $1300 it was really a terrible stay.

Great location, minor speed bumps
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our first room was next to very loud people. We moved. Second room, deadbolt not working properly so our keys eventually didn't work. Stuck outside of room twice. Also light on west side of building out so parking lot was dark. Finally they tried to charge me $40/night more than Booking.com rate agreed to.

Lobby, patio area nice.

The maid did not come and clean our rooms and change our...

The maid did not come and clean our rooms and change our towels. Usually you are given the option of no maid service but I did want clean towels. There was no option. If you want a family to save the towels you should give them more than one hook on the bathroom door. I got them but had to ask for them. I told the front desk to remove all dirty towels on the floor which was not done. Breakfast should be included considering you're paying a high rate. Air conditioning worked but a little loud.

We had to find our own entertainment but we slept well.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unfortunately our room TV was not working but they gave us vouchers for a complementary breakfast. The hallway that had access to the pool was closed for renovations so we couldn't go for a swim.

The staff was very willing to make our stay comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

great stay while visiting my daughter
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was cold upon entering so it took 30 minutes to warm up.

I always love a Hilton Garden Inn. My experience has always been positive. love that they have a full breakfast if you want one. A good dinner menu and a bit later bar just in case. They also have a nice convenience store for soda and snacks and incendiaries. They even called my room to make sure I was happy.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Quiet and comfortable with friendly staff

Location was a bit too far to walk into town. Quiet and comfortable with friendly staff

Called after I arrived in my room to make sure everything was ok; bed was very comfortable; breakfast was cooked to order.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Been here before and will again.

I am a smoker, so therefore am not allowed to smoke in hotel. But this is common place nowadays so I/we have to go with it. O well

It was our anniversary. Let it slip to the desk clerk that it was. Went out for several hours, came back to room, found two stemmed glasses, wine, and a large platter of chocolate covered strawberries, Where else would the staff do this? Just great!!!!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Adequate

Breakfast Service was delayed enough to have my eggs come out barely warm. Hotel needs a makeover. I booked through bookings.com and they did not have my Hilton Hhonors on check in. I also got an "upgrade" of 2 bottles of water. I asked for breakfast and got that. See above.

Towels were nice and fluffy, although a bit small for the large ones. Marshall the bellman was the most pleasant person on the staff.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great staff, clean....but the bed was hard as a rock and it was too loud!

The bed was way too firm! Neither my husband, nor myself slept well. Also, there was lots of noise in the hall. I usually run the fan while I'm at a hotel, which I did, but it wasn't loud enough to drown out all the noise.

It was very clean, and the staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Very nice & clean

The breakfast set up is atrocious & confusing. In most hotels the breakfast that is complimentary is just out there. This one is not complimentary so by the time you take a little fruit or something it is too late. You already have to pay $10.95. There should be a rope or something to clearly mark off the breakfast area since it is not complimentary.

Very nice & clean

Location is great for SPAC.
    • King Room Disability Access

Location is great for SPAC.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great breakfast for $10.

no complaints

Great breakfast for $10.99, wonderful staff, nice rooms and lobby

excellent

handle in bath tub is at wrong end of the tub

Good breakfast. Close to Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Trees in front of hotel.

Clean and enjoyable

I did not like that even with Hilton Honors we could not get the Wifi to work properly. Also, I was charged for 2 nights when we only booked for one.

Lovely staff, good breakfast and perfect location for SPAC.

Lovely staff, good breakfast and perfect location for SPAC.

Close to SPAC and downtown.

Pool was closed the whole time we were there

Close to SPAC and downtown...easy check in/out

Excellent staff

Needs a tiny bit of refreshing

I can’t say enough about the front desk staff. Super helpful, super nice, friendly, professional, etc. etc.

I wish breakfast was included for free

I wish breakfast was included for free

Erik at the front desk was very accommodating

Erik at the front desk was very accommodating

L

The beds are super comfy! The staff was great, very helpful.

Overall a great value for the price. Would stay again in the future.

The Heating/Cooling system was quite noisy

Air handler very loud

Air handler very loud

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

nice quick getaway

can hear everything in the rooms... noisy

very relaxing in the pool and hot tub. easy to park

We were there to see a very sick relative.
    • King Room Disability Access

We were there to see a very sick relative. The town was so beautifully decorated as was the hotel, that it helped to lift our spirits.

I was not aware of any perks.

I was not aware of any perks.

I would stay again. Great place. Location. Clean. Quiet.

Nothing. All good.

The friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was clean and spacious. Dinner and breakfast were excellent.

Ovearall this was an excellent property with a great staff

Bed was a little firm for our taste

would go back good location to track
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

room faces garbage dumpster and staff used same area to smoke so could smell both ... reserved king room got room with two queens , was ok

Property was clean interior is looking dated.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Property was clean interior is looking dated. Carpet in hallways is worn overall needs to be updated

Positive experience

The cleanliness of the facility

The positive and friendly staff

Great breakfast.
    • Deluxe Corner King Room

Wifi wasn't good.

Bed was comfy. Room was huge. Breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Pleasant

Charging incidentals up front!

I could see my car

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Parking away from front door or side doors when raining

Parking away from front door or side doors when raining

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

It was a very affordable stay and the location was good.

That the bar closed at 10pm.

I like the comfortable bed. I like the jacuzzi

The food was a bit simple.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food was a bit simple. The hash brown potatoes at breakfast were rubbery and the food was not very hot. The eggs were good.

Short and Sweet.

The staff was very accommodating and offered us great advice as to where we could eat etc...

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

could've used a bit of an update & better coffee!

could've used a bit of an update & better coffee!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

everything

everything

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Nice overnight stay.

Convenient, good breakfast, nice toom.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Wonderful staff and facility.

The staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Clean and accommodating

Being near the pool because it smelled a little like chlorine

Friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Happy with my stay.

The bed was comfortable. The location is very good.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The breakfast could have been better it was cold when...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

The breakfast could have been better it was cold when brought out! Everything else was excellent!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Breakfast Buffet was excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast Buffet was excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Easy and friendly check in process and staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Late night food order was extremely slow then arrived burnt.

Easy and friendly check in process and staff.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Bed was comfortable

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

This is my go-to place in Saratoga Springs.

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean, fresh and quiet. Great location.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Expensive price was hiked up due to race week

Expensive price was hiked up due to race week

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Location was great.

property is dated..beds not as nice as other Hilton properties we have stayed at..and strange that we we're put in a smoking room..didn't know they still exist.

Location was great..customer service was friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Friendly helpful staff

Heating would not work at first, we had to move to a new room, then that room's heating had to be fixed too! Coffee offered was dreadful. Too strong and bad tasting.

Friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 18 November 2015

Rooms were clean, beds and pillows were comfortable,...

Rooms were clean, beds and pillows were comfortable, microwave, refrigerator and flat screen TV; all the comforts of home. Five minutes from the Saratoga Springs Casino/ Racetrack and 10 minutes from NYS Thruway. Staff was more than accommodating. Highly recommend. Breakfast availability in the kitchen area was superb.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

The seen out date. The lobby and. Lounge area was not comfortable It as hilton had bought this hotel with minimum improvement to it. It was not worth the money

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

Walking distance to state park.

Walking distance to state park. Refreshments out all day. Large very comfortable, clean room, Chef on staff, so food was excellent and surprisingly reasonable. All our special requests were accomodated. Our only complaint was that we spent a bit more than we otherwise would have to book this location because there is an indoor pool PLUS jacuzzi. The jacuzzi heater was broken. Staff kept getting it started, but it would not stay on more than 5 minutes. The staff was very quick to respond to any and all requests. Being .7 from downtown location and nestled in with great landscaping was very pleasant. Pool room had view of trees that were strategically placed to block parking lot from view and a patio with lounge chairs.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2015

breakfast was delicious

I was very dissapointed that we booked a non smoking room and was given a smoking room. th hotel was full therefore we did not have a choice.....awful. bed was hard

breakfast was delicious

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

I was told at wrong hotel -but went to other Saratoga Hilton...

I was told at wrong hotel -but went to other Saratoga Hilton told wasn't registered there -went back and was under Ellen Drescher but desk clerk should have checked more. Also when I came back 10 minutes later -lady on desk acted like it was the first time she saw me and I had to explain the situation again even though they spoke to Saratoga Hilton on phone. TV and shower was not up to par, although they did fix it. Thank-you Mary Ellen Drescher

There are also 69 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.