Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District 3 stars

321 West Bay Street, Savannah, GA 31401, USA

#41 of 135 hotels in Savannah

overall exclnt, didn't like the hoops I had to jump through to get the free internet, nice room, ice close by, exclnt TV, good location, coffee in the room, what you cld expect of Hilton

• King Room with Mobility/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The hotel is freshly renovated, everything is updated, clean, and smells amazing. Everyone from the valet to the front-desk staff are great and friendly and makes your stay extra enjoyable. The location couldn't be any better, walkable to everything!

Liked everything about it. The staff was excellent, met all of our needs. Had one problem when the air conditioning went out, but they fixed it right away and gave us a free breakfast. Overall it was a great stay there, and close to everything in Savannah. Thourougly enjoyed it.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

It would be nice to have a free or less expensive morning continental breakfast option.

Rooms were very roomy and clean. Staff was always helpful. Cookies and water provided late afternoon in the lobby is a nice touch.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Had a problem keeping shower door closed. Kept sliding open. Reported it to front desk and they had someone up almost immediately. It was much better but still wouldn’t close completely.

Room and bed were very comfortable

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The staff were constantly on their phones and made no secret about it I had to wait for one member off staff to finish texting at reception they were rude unhelpful, and the money was promptly taken from my account before I’d even arrived at the hotel

The decor and location

I wish the hotel did room service for breakfast.

The beds were super comfortable, the rooms were clean and the hotel was in walking distance to restaurants, Savannah City Market & River Street which was really convenient.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access

The conveneience of valet parking is awesome; however, I feel this should always be an optional choice & not a surprise $30 charge.

Updated aesthetics & modern amenities! I loved having the convenience of the River front just a few steps away.

Nobody told me about the remodeling under construction and the pool we couldn't use and we had to go to the hotel across the street they should have put us in the double tree when we had to go there to use the pool/hot tub

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Air conditioning is loud in room. Vents need to be adjusted. The air blows directly on you in bed. Pillows and bed not comfortable. Room was not very sound proof. You can hear everything outside the building. Very noisy

Location and the hotel was fully renovared. Clean and fair price.

• King Room with Balcony

There was no restaurant and the cost of parking was astronomical.

The restaurant was undergoing renovation so had to leave the property to eat. Was not made aware of a pool.

• King Room with Balcony

Disclosure of renovation or "transformation" prior to booking. Poor sound proof quality of windows...excessively loud street noise! Could not sleep.

Newly renovated rooms were very nice, bed, TV, etc...

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The hotel was under construction. Breakfast was $14.95 per person this should’ve been free considering I had to walk to through the construction area. There Should’ve been some communication that this hotel was under construction

The ease of booking online. The staff at this hotel provided impeccable service everyone there should get a raise.

I was not made aware at the time I booked the hotel that it was undergoing extensive renovation. None of the amenities were available (we had to go across the street for anything) and the ambience was less than relaxing with all the dust, plywood and hammering going on. If I had known, I would have booked a room somewhere else. Also when we checked out and I asked for a copy of the bill, the girl had to crawl around on the floor to try and plug in a printer and was still unable to get me a copy of my bill after 15 minutes of waiting for the computer to boot up.

The staff, especially the valet when we arrived were all very nice and friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The construction. I wish it had been disclosed when i made the reservation. Rooms were a little shabby, wallpaper peeling in spots. Of course...this is the reason for the renovations.

Excellent and friendly staff. Valets were top notch! Loved the location to everything. And the beds were super comfy!

The property is undergoing remodelling. The beds were uncomfortable. Most of the amenities were closed - no restaurant, no breakfast, pool and hot tub closed.

Very nice location downtown.

I didn't like the fact that a $100 incidental fee was subtracted from my card, without prior warning, upon arrival to the property. Just holding the card number should have sufficed. We did Valet parking at $30 per day, but intended to pay cash for that. They went ahead and took it off the card. I didn't like that.

Staff was very friendly and helpful with local attractions and restaurants.

I did not like the renovation's going on right above our room and the parking.

I did like the location, however having to pay $30 to valet was not worth it.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Under construction lots of noise. Run down dirty furniture. No pool no bar and no place to eat. Very disappointed we pay more to stay some place nice. This is not that place when we were there.

• King Room with Balcony

Was not advised the property is under renovation. Loud hammering during the day, even on the weekend. Entry was dusty/dirty and did not smell very good. I am sure the property is great when it is not being renovated. Would have liked to have a heads-up that the renovation was going on and that there was no restaurant or eating in the hotel. Were able to go next door to the Doubletree for meals. Also did not realize how extremely busy Bay Street is - day and night. Traffic was so loud we had to keep the fan running all the time to be able to sleep.

The front desk staff, cleaning staff and valet staff were very friendly, helpful and gave great suggestions for things to see and do in Savannah. The room was alittle dated but comfortable. The hotel is in a great location (other than street noise) for walking around the city, eating out, shopping. All are in close walking distance. The Valet staff were also very, very friendly and made great suggestions regarding things to go see and do and where to eat our meals!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Balcony

The bed was incredibly uncomfortable. The heating unit kept coming on during the night and it was very loud. We had a balcony and it sounded like the doors were open, we could hear everything going happening on the street. We spent so much money on valet service and tips, it was not worth it. We wished we could've parked our own car. The coffee was terrible.

The location was incredible! We walked to dinner and around the shops, cause everything was right there! The staff was so friendly, especially to our toddler. We loved the option that we could use our own Netflix account on the tv. The bath products were nice too!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Small balcony with one chair, lumpy mattresses, heat/cooling was irregular, odor in hotel, cost of parking

Location, Kerig and microwave, fridge, cookies and coffee in lobby, friendly staff

It smelled moldy. My husband spent 3 days in hospital after leaving, was sick in car ride home. Was checking for legionnaires. His lungs were badly inflamed

When I booked through your website I noted that I wanted to pay cash for my room at check, but when I arrived, the front desk told me my card had been charged by the 3rd party, you, already. So that was disappointing.

Staff was fabulous. Front desk, bellmen, housekeepers...all top notch.

Coffee maker didn't work well.not enough cups or supplies in room

Breakfast was very good very clean,food was good,good selection staff very friendly helpful

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Balcony

It was very difficult to find the entrance. Although two doors faced Bay St, there were no signs pointing to the main entrance and they required room keys to enter. The hotel was under construction. Although the person at the desk said it was on the website, I did not see it there. The noise was extremely loud (directly overhead) and disturbing and continued through the weekend. The hotel did compensate us for one night, but it made our stay much less comfortable. The cost of parking was prohibitive at $30/night. When asked about alternatives, the person with whom we spoke was less than helpful (to the point of being rude).

The bed was great. The pillows were especially nice! The private balcony would have been delightful if the weather had been slightly warmer.

• King Room with Balcony

Noise of the street traffic was loud. A lot of construction in the area.

Loved the lobby area with a fireplace and comfortable for hanging out in. I quilted there.

• King Room with Balcony

another chair on the balcony (only 1 on the balcony )

room was comfortable, had a nice balcony overlooking city. Needed one more chair (only 1 there) Loved the location.

The staff was friendly and helpful..the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were like clouds. The hotel itself is showing signs of wear but we found out they will be renovating the entire property starting this week...making good even better! Their location on Bay street was very close to everything.

• King Room with Balcony

I know it was not guaranteed but I requested early check in and was only able to check in at regular check in time. Some friends of ours that did not request early check in time where able to check in to their room early. I just think for the people who request early check in time, that their rooms should be prepared first.

The room (217) was very noisy, cars, trucks, motorcycles, all night long running up and down the street.

I liked the location of the Hotel, the room, and the people that work there and also the valet guys, they were extra nice.

The pool needs to be cleaned. There is a rim of grim on the tiles at the top. I didn't mind it too much but my friend hated that. It must have taken a while to build up. But the pool area is nice. Also I didn't like the $29 a day valet only parking. I parked at a public car park right beside the hotel for $20 a day but if we had used the car it would have been cheaper to do valet.

Nice rooms, good location, free cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and delicious flavored water. The staff are all very nice. I recommend this hotel.

The front desk staff was not helpful or friendly. Didn't know how we could get to the airport other than expensive taxi (we found a shuttle on our own). Also, they charge $30/night to park a car in their garage! We had no car, but they tried to charge us anyway. Who needs this on vacation?

The room was clean and comfortable and the location was great, right near the City Market.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The rooms were a little rundown. When we tried to turn down the A/C it smelled like something was burning. Our room was located next to the outdoor /roof top pool. When we went to the open the curtains, there were people right outside our window who could look in. At night, although the pool was closed, we didn't have the ability to close the non-shear privacy curtain to block out the parking lot lights from another building.

Staff was welcoming. Refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave in the room.

The parking is by valet only and is $29.00 a night for parking, that is terrible, they said you can park on the streets free but watch the signs so you don't get towed away.

Having to pay $29 a night for valet parking. If you pay to stay at a hotel, you shouldn't have to pay extra for parking.

The bed was comfortable. The bathroom clean.

You must be 21 years old to check in. I was not noticfied of this before I booked my stay. Also, valet parking is required and $29! Just want to notify some people of this so they were not surprised with it at check in like I was!

The location was convenient.

The desk staff not as friendly and desk staff were not always readily available. Hotel décor seemed dated. considering the price per room breakfast should have been included. Two hotels 2 blocks down the street located in the center of the historic district were more modern and had breakfast included for the same price per room. Seriously will look at those hotels for my next stay in Savannah.

location was good. Valet parking excellent valet staff were great. Very polite and respectful young men.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Room was beside the pool and was very noisy. For the price and expectations of the Hilton, the room was tiny and not as luxurious as expected. View was terrible, only the pool and a wall. Wait staff in restaurant was more interested in talking to each other than waiting on tablss.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Balcony

I didn't like that Booking.com told me I didn't have to pay until I arrived at the property. I took cash with me for the hotel. The hotel charged my card before I ever got there which caused a HUGE inconvenience with my bank. I expressed this to the hotel who in turn offered no type of compensation.

Comfortable bed, convenient to River St and The Market

A little noisy due to Bay Street traffic (to be expected as one of the busiest streets in town). Valet parking only @ $29/day. Normal for the area, but an unfortunate added expense.

Great location! Friendly staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Super rude staff--from the valet to the front desk. I was told the $29/night parking fee was for 24 hours--upon checking out I was told cars had to be out by 2pm. We are Hilton Honors members and I was sent out to haggle with the valet parkers to see if we could get another 1/2 hour without being charged another $29. Ridiculous. The culture of work happiness there must be very poor because I had 3 negative interactions in less than 24 hours. I would never bring my family there again.

The location was good and the beds are really comfortable.

Very clean, staff super friendly, and the valet was very quick and convenient. Will definitely stay there next time we are in Savannah. The location is also perfect for all things down town.

I would have enjoyed a free breakfast, but for the price, we found a great spot and ended up at a few local coffee shops instead.

All staff was extremely friendly and eager to help. Check in was easy. Parking was well worth it. We walked everywhere.

We were given an occupied room. Much to our estonishment someone was there and thankfully they had just arrived and were unpacking. Both couples were embarrassed. Both parties went together to notify the front desk of their mistake and all they said was sorry. The other couple went back to their room and then they gave us free breakfast tickets but nothing to the other couple.I hope this never happens to anyone else!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

It was the perfect location for everything g we wanted to access. One person was in a wheel chair and it was easy to get to city market and river street

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The stay did not include breakfast so we had to purchase breakfast there and it was rather expensive. We did venture out for breakfast on our remaining days although it was not convenient. Also, happy hour was not free but it is if you stay at the Hilton closer to SCAD. The other location is better than this one. It has an excellent breakfast and happy hour.

The location of the property is excellent. It is easy access to the riverfront and square. It was easy to enjoy a couple of beverages and walk back to the hotel without paying for additional transportation.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

extra $27.99 for parking car, not clear that it was an extra prior to booking initially; to make matters worse we were charged double for parking, no apology when clear it was their mistake, indeed the reaction from the member of staff was more that it was our fault, which was a shame when the rest of the staff were very helpful.

Most of the staff very friendly, rooms clean and good facilities

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The valet parking entrance was a bit challenging.

The location was excellent. Very close to the Riverfront and everything else we wanted to see and do.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• King Room with Balcony

I was charged double on accident.😞

Very clean and comfortable the staff was extremely nice and accommodating. We enjoyed are stay with you very much. Great area as well. Thank you very much ;😃

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Nothing, loved it all!

Excellent in every way possible, staff very helpful with all inquiries. Very accommodating, perfect location! Just left a Nashville "resort" beautiful to look at, but no comparison to this hotel in any other west! I would go back to Hilton Garden Inn Savannah again👍👐🏼👐🏼👍

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Balcony

Very noisy from the street, and we were on 5th floor. Very worn out look to carpet and furniture. Breakfast not included.

It was a good location, big room.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Great location and friendly staff and comfy beds. They should have water out in lobby at all times not just random. Also rooms are very plain. Need some dressing up with pictures etc.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Wish I had read the fine print before booking with Booking.com. We had to check out a day early and the hotel was more than willing to help us out, but we couldn't get the money back for the night we didn't stay. I recommend booking with the hotel directly

Great hotel, great location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Breakfast buffet We were seated and told that our server would be right with us. We waited about 7 or 8 minutes as servers kept walking past (and there were only a few other tables with guests) I then got up and got my food and told the young man who seated us. He went into the kitchen and came back out a couple of minutes later and took our drink orders himself. Not worth the $15 per person !

Great location; very friendly front desk, valet, and housekeeping Our room was a really nice suite on the Bay Street side, so we enjoyed watching the river. We would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• King Room with Balcony

$14.95 a person for breakfast, $27 a day for parking, night club right by base of hotel, alley by hotel had lots of shady looking people when we arrived at our hotel at 1am so we didn't feel safe to park any where else in the city

Beautiful hotel inside and close to river street

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

I have stayed in many hotels here and in Europe, almost all in this price range and many with lower rates included breakfast in the price. For the price of the room I think that the breakfast should be included.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• King Room with Balcony

$25 Daily parking fee. No discount for handicapped. No glass glasses in room for cocktails.

Two daily papers. Coffee in lobby. Granny Smith apples by elevator. All staff.

The cleanliness and comfortable bed. I had a great night sleep.

The staff was very helpful and nice.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The overall guess service was outstanding. And the location was a great spot close to River Ave as well City Market

• King Room with Balcony

Beautiful hotel. Loved the shower!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

So noisy outside the room, you can hear the noise when giant trucks passing by

Bed is so comfortable

I DID NOT get a receipt!!!!!!

I DID NOT get a receipt!!!!!!

No breakfast service

Large room, modern decor

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

It’s was great and so was the service

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access

Parking was high

Everyone was so professional

Bath sheets!

everything

• King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Access

Loud.

All employees were great and room was always well kept.

Very modern facilities, great location close to River Street, very helpful and courteous staff.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They were remolding. If we had know we would not have stayed. Hard to get into with luddge. No eats or drinks. A real mess

• King Room with Balcony

Notice of the construction that hotel was under during are stay

Lost our car and miles were put on it. They set the mileage trip indicator to 0