Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown 3 stars

5711 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31405, USA

#55 of 114 hotels in Savannah

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

We loved our first visit to Savannah. We will definitely be back!
    • Queen Room

The parking was quite challenging at night not being able to find a spot. The bath tub was dingy.

We enjoyed the happy hour a couple of times. We liked the room.

Nice, but would rather just pay extra for the Historic District
    • Queen Room

The receptionist did not ask how we would like to pay, just proceeded to ask for a credit card for incidentals which is understandable, but there wasn't an option for us to pay cash. We only booked in the first place because we didn't have to pay upfront and had free cancellation if needed, with the desire to pay cash. The parking was horrendous. They said they were booked up for the night, which was fine, but they had reserved parking for "Hilton rewards members" which is ridiculous if you have limited parking in the first place. Sharing spots with the Hampton Inn did no favors in terms of decent parking for those of us who went out for a night on the town. And other guest were taking up multiple spots so it was hard to park anywhere. From a moving truck, to a jeep towing kayaks taking up 6 spaces, it was ridiculous. The parking garage was pretty far way as well, which is where we had to park since there wasn't any parking left near the actual hotel. Also the condition of the stairwell and the elevator in the parking garage was disgusting. Leaves everywhere, bugs crunched up, its like they never clean it. I would honestly rather have paid the daily fee at hotels in the historic district, than save a few bucks to have free terrible parking. Also they provided water in the rooms, but if you weren't a Hilton rewards member then they would charge $2 for a nestle bottle of water. And the towels the first night apparently were new and weren't washed before being placed in our room, as they turned red upon adding soap to them. Unacceptable.

The room was very nice, and the beds were very comfortable. It was clean, so that was a major plus for us. Pleasant decor and was a nice looking hotel, the garage elevator and stairs could have been cleaner. It was really easy to navigate to the Historic District and to the beach we made sudden decision to visit. Location was ok, not too bad a drive to all the hotspots.

HGI Review
    • Evolution King Room

Bed wasn't adjustable as stated while booking room. Hotel beds usually aren't the best, but the adjustable beds at most Hilton Garden hotels are good. This one however wasn't an adjustable version and was very uncomfortable.

Room was clean, hotel was very organized and all areas were spotless. Breakfast was good (not included in room rate though).

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

When we checked in all was great.
    • Queen Room

When we checked in all was great. We went to get something to eat and when we returned to our room we could not get into it. We tried everything that was told to us. We still did not get back into the room and finally the staff at the front desk call a technical person to come to the hotel to see if he could get us into our room for the nite. They changed the batteries and reprogrammed the keypad. We still could not get into the room. The man had to get a master key pad to override the keypad and unlock the door. We got back into our room at 2am. The door lock was still not fixed and he stated to us they would have to work on it tomorrow and hoped that they could get it fixed. The desk clerk at the check in location stated to us that since we booked on line with another company and not Hilton directly they could not comp our bill or help us out any for the matter. They only wanted to give us a breakfast coupon to eat in the am. Since we had to leave our room open for them to fix the lock pad, we had to remove our belongs and hope that when we returned from the fishing trip we were going on it would be fixed. We arrived back to the hotel at 6pm and it was fixed. The front desk stated that since they had overbooked the hotel they could not place us in another room or even a different location. All they tried to do was give us free food. I like staying at Hilton Garden Inn, but this experience was the 1st in which I hope that no one else encounters. I felt that since I booked my reservations through another sight and not Hilton I was being done bad for making my choice. I know things happen and things break down, but it is also the hotels responsibility to keep out the maintenance of there hotel.

we were satisfied overall.
    • Queen Room

Would have been nice to know the pool was closed the whole time we were there. Thats a huge deal for our family especially during the summer.

The breakfast was very nice. Beds were comfy.

Awesome stay
    • Queen Room

I wish breakfast was free

The staff was awesome. Everyone greeted me and was very kind. Shoutout to JJ, Kyrstal, Octation, Patrcia, Shanika, Andre, Zana. Clean and comfortable rooms.

I most likely won't book with them again.
    • Evolution King Room

Parking was horrible. My room wasn't cleaned after being gone all day sight seeing in the city. We got a free breakfast voucher but I thought we could have got at least 10% or so off on our stay.

Other than that issue, that will not doing business with the Hilton.
    • Queen Room

When I returned to my room on thursday evening and founded that my drinks and bottles water were missing. I called the front desk and the young lady on duty was very helped in replacing the missing items.

The professional service that the front desk employments showed doing my stay.

Fine except for the dirty sheets
    • Evolution King Suite

There were pubic hairs on the top sheet of our bed. Had to use the blanket from the closet. I expect a lot more from a hotel at this price.

It’s only 20 minutes from the Historic District.

The bed was very comfy, the room was clean, ample parking,...
    • Queen Room

The bathroom had no fan so to be able to breathe in there we had to keep the bathroom door open at all times unless someone was in there.

The bed was very comfy, the room was clean, ample parking, near shopping and restaurants

Hilton Midtown made for a wonderful stay!
    • Evolution King Room

There was nothing to dislike for the money paid. It was perfect. If I had expected more out of my stay then I would have paid more. It was all that I expected. (:

I did not want to leave the bed!

Disappointed
    • Queen Room

The bathtub was dirty and when asked to clean housekeeper said that the marks were permanent and that the entire tub should be switched out. My children could not even take a bath.

Birthday weekend!
    • Queen Room

The parking lot fills up quickly at night but they do have parking available in a nearby parking deck. It's not a deal breaker though!

The property was very clean and modern. Location was great and only about a five minute drive from downtown!

Clean, easy check in & check out, comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Not much parking. We had to park in the parking garage which wasn't too terribly far but we have kids and a lot of bags so that was aggravating.

The pillows were AMAZING, there were even a kuerig maker for my morning coffee. Comfortable linens, and everything was very clean!

Convenience where needed.
    • Queen Room

The restaurant was very small and pricy for its size. I would also have expected a hotel of that caliber to offer a complimentary breakfast.

The hotel was in a location that was easy to get to and from. The staff was very friendly.

We got in late our first night but the restaurant still...
    • Queen Room

When trying to check out the attendant was not at front desk. But it was still an overall great experience!

We got in late our first night but the restaurant still allowed to order room service. It was excellent!!! I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends if they visited the area!! We will definitely be coming back next year!!!

This used to be our favorite place to stay in Savannah!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

A leak in the first room! The breakfast price has increased quite a bit yet the variety /quality of the food is not nearly what it once was. The cold breakfast items were not fresh or appealing.

When we had issues they were addressed. I just didn't expect any issues! When the Front Desk finally straightened out our bill ( they first said it was Booking.com's problem) we were given a free breakfast.

Both Hilton and Booking.com are thieves!
    • Evolution King Room

I don’t like that the rates are a complete rip off! Watch yourself. Last weekend the rate was $229/night, next weekend it’s $134/night! Nothing happening in town warranted a $100 difference. Each company blamed the other. I will not book with Booking.com again, and I’ll go back to Marriott because being a member of Hilton does NOT have it’s privileges!

Room was large, bed was very comfortable, lots of towels in...
    • Evolution King Room

Room was large, bed was very comfortable, lots of towels in the bath, and the staff was very accommodating. While not right downtown, it was an easy drive to Bay Street. We loved it!

Underwhelming
    • Queen Room

Check out was supposed to be better 11 and 1130, however at 1046 a cleaning busted in my room while I was undressed and asked me if I was checking out. I was horrified being bombarded and harassed like that. Then in the hallway when I did not expect her apologies so forthcomingly she became very argumentative, rude and extremely unprofessional, I asked her why didn’t she just knock on the door if she wasn’t sure if she’s cleaned that room or not and she said “because i don’t have to”. This is not the level of service I expected to receive at the Hilton, and for me to spend $115 for my night. I’m absolutely disgusted that this is the type of employee the Hilton allows to work for them cleaning lady or not, and none of the staff did or management did anything about it or even seemed to care that my privacy was violated in such a way. I will never stay there again

Nice clean good soap

The location is very clean. Good location, close to supermarket, restaurants and a mall.
    • Queen Room

The beds are very soft, I know this is a personal thing but thats why I did not rate the hotel very low. I understand that everybody have a preference when it comes to beds, the beds were very soft and uncomfortable for us. It was difficult to sleep. The breakfast, I think the sever needs some assistance, it gets very busy on breakfast time.

Very clean and quiet.

I was very disappointed for the money that I paid.
    • Queen Room

I was told breakfast was not included even though the booking.com website said it was. I sent an email a couple days before asking if l could check-in an hour early but I never got a response. I had to park at the sister property and then when it was time to leave, I had to walk far to get the car. My 75 year old mother had to bring all the bags down or I would have had to go back up to the room to get them after getting the car and checking out.

Would like to try again without the hurricane!
    • Queen Room

We were there during the Hurricane Irma evacuation from Florida and unfortunately had to keep going because the hotel was evacuated the next day.

Comfortable room, good breakfast

Nice building
    • Queen Room

No room service the whole time I was there. Room was reassigned to another visitor so I got locked out. Some people have to sign a no smoking agreement while others did not. Some of staff appear arrogant.

Pleasant and Comfortable
    • Queen Room

Overall, our stay was great. Our only concern was that the air was out in the hallways near the elevator, but other than that we have no complaints.

Our room was very comfortable and spacious. The bed and pillows were so fluffy. We also loved that we were close to Publix and a few restaurants. There's also a restaurant at the hotel. Wish breakfast was included.

Overall a good stay..
    • Queen Room

Could do with new mattress or put a topper on existing. That would go a long way for comfort. Pool was disappointing as it was quite small and the water was cloudy. The A/C in the building seemed to not be working. It was very stuffy walking through halls. In room was fine so not that big a deal. Parking is awful. Very limited spots at hotel. We had to park behind the Hampton Inn in their parking deck. Breakfast is overpriced so we did not partake. Plenty of places nearby. Starbucks across the street was handy.

Room was average size. 2 queens, one chair long desk which held an very nice size flat screen. Bathroom was clean. Came with hairdryer and small shampoo, makeup wipes and neutrogena soap. Plenty of towels. Shower worked well. No cups for water. Had a fridge and microwave with coffee maker. Nice squishy pillows. My favorite. If you require firm bring your own. A/C was excellent! Breakfast area looked packed. Did not partake. Lobby very nice. Check in and out were pleasant and fast. Overall a comfortable stay. Would stay again if price were right.

Horrible
    • Evolution King Room

Arrived on site at 3:30. Room was not ready by 5:00. Missed my meeting.(5pm) then was told my room is still not ready and won't be ready till 5:30-6 so I was downgraded from the room I reserved. I was offered a hot pocket since my room was not ready and I was waiting an hour and half. A hot pocket at the Hilton? Asked to speak to the manager. Manager never came out. Tried to call the next day and he would not answer me or return my call. I was told that I was a 2nd class citizen basically because I booked through a third party and not directly to the Hilton so I was not able to get my money refunded like it said at the hotel. &Quot;If your stay is unsatisfactory you don't pay" and I paid all this money and missed my meeting because this hotel decided to treat me like a motel 6.

I appreciated one of the front desk workers that did more for me than the manager

Visiting Savannah
    • Queen Room

My room's A/C, did not work properly when we checked in. The first night was not good due to the A/C. It was fixed this next morning. The shower head was broken. They fixed it the next morning. The clock did not function properly. They fixed it the next morning. The parking was tight as the hotel was full.

Cookies and Coffee

Check in was fast and easy.
    • Queen Room

Parking is a bit chaotic if it's busy. The air was not working on our floor(6th) and the elevator. There was a water spot on the ceiling in our room that I brought to and employees attention that they said they would look at.

Check in was fast and easy. Room was spacious and got very cold! Newly renovated.

I would stay again
    • Queen Room

Very clean and quiet. The staff was awesome. The beds were very comfortable. I usually can't sleep through the night on hotel beds, and wake up sore (bad back) I didn't have any problems here.

We liked the size of the hotel and that the kids could be on...
    • Evolution King Suite

Our room was not set up with the towels or bedding we requested so after getting in late we had to wait 20 minutes to get a crib, towels, and pillows for our family of 4. We originally had 3 towels for four people. I also didn't like that the hotel would not let us apply our Hilton honors credit. Breakfast was not included.

We liked the size of the hotel and that the kids could be on the suite side.

Bed and pillows were comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Continental breakfast wasn't free. Or wasn't included in the cost of the room. Not enough parking for everyone.

Bed and pillows were comfortable. Rooms were just right

The bed was nice.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

We were placed in a handicap room which I would have not chosen. The shower had a nasty grime on it, the floor itself was exceptionally hot,none of the ice makers worked and they charged for everything.

The bed was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Ask if they are renovating before stay.
    • Queen Room

They were doing construction during the time I stayed and they did not notify the guest of the construction. On Saturday morning they started construction at 8am. This was the most aggravating thing when I was on the trip for vacation and I was disturbed constantly. I called the front desk twice before I went down there and all the staff memeber just said they'd tell the manager. This is my only complaint about the hotel.

The room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

St Paddys Day 2017
    • Queen Room

The price was high but i understand why.I had to leace before breakfast and missed it

The staff was super friendly ,courteous and professional. They helped me get transportation downtown

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Renovations may be the problem
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Power outlet in the bathroom didn't work. Shower Curtain allowed water to run out back of shower. Shower head was dirty.

The staff was very polite and accommodating. Very attentive to concerns we had.

Sad Savannah experience
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Did not get the room I reserved (queen bed w/sleep sofa). When we checked in and discovered the error, the management was indifferent and could not even offer us a cot. My daughter slept on the floor. So much for being a Hilton Honors member.

Really good breakfast, the staff was great (high point of stay).

Worst Hilton property ever
    • Evolution King Suite

Dirty dusty and smells. Worst Hilton property I've ever stayed at. Hot water not working properly, room smells felt dirty. Carpets looked filthy in the room, hallway and elevator,

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Overall a nice place for the value
    • Queen Room

The closet door was broken took day 2 to get it fixed! The sink took forever to drain! Was never corrected!

The staff were excellent as was the cleaning staff

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good stay. Breakfast isn't free nor impressive.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

$11.95 for the breakfast buffet is absurd. They should be a little clearer bout this. The buffet looked like a basic free breakfast other chains offer. No mention of this charge until youre almost finished with your meal. Food was mediocre at best. You'll be much better off traveling somewhere for breakfast at $12.

Location was very good for us. Close to our family's home. Plenty to do within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The beds were to soft and the television reception was...
    • Queen Room

The beds were to soft and the television reception was terrible.

Bed was comfy

Hot tub barely worked

Bed was comfy

Zana at check in was Awesome! Made sure all my concerns was addressed

Great customer service

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great trip
    • Queen Room

The pool was closed the entire stay!

Friendly service and great location

It was great.

Over priced for breakfast

The rooms and facilities was beautiful.

• Evolution King Room

The system was shut down upon arrival, the front desk clerk...
    • Queen Room

The system was shut down upon arrival, the front desk clerk was unprofessional. The reservation were mixed up.

Enjoyable.

Bed was to hard for me.

Great breakfast.

The staff was so pleasant and extremely accommodating!
    • Queen Room

The staff was so pleasant and extremely accommodating! Jennifer was wonderful!

Had very noisy ac in room.
    • Evolution King Room

Had very noisy ac in room.everything else was great.

Fitted our needs perfectly

Noisy air con unit

Breakfast was particularly good

Breakfast not included

Breakfast not included

Just beautiful. ...
    • Queen Room

Your USB port, wouldn't stay on to charge my or wife phone

Everything was nice ....etc.

It was ok
    • Evolution King Suite

The staff was rude about check in time and there were bed bugs in our bed

It was ok

Stay was pleasant
    • Queen Room

The tub could of been cleaner it had stains in it

the staff was great and the room was clean

Acceptable but barely.

Staff

My family and I had a great stay, but parking was a little hard. Overall experience was very good.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast finished a little early than expected.

Checking in was a breeze and the staff was very courteous.

• Queen Room

Shower head in the shower was broken.
    • Evolution King Room

Shower head in the shower was broken.

Great staff but I also think the bar service needs help with not having to waitress the dining room
    • Evolution King Room

Think you should be included.

Nice hotel, rude staff.

The staff is very rude.

Nice, clean rooms.

Nice rooms, if you can get to them. Not coming back.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was not complimentary as reflected on several booking websites. Parking is insane.

The staff was friendly. Rooms were exceptionally clean.

Happy with our stay.

Nothing to dislike.

Everything about the hotel was fine for us. We didn’t want to be downtown on this occSion.

Great room and location near the hospital

Great room and location near the hospital

We love this place so much, that we came back on our way back north!!!

EVERYTHING!!!

My entire stay

My entire stay

We loved Savannah.

The parking.

Easy 10 minute car ride to downtown. The room was great. The parking was challenging.

Visiting from SC

Smell in room.

Close to my family.

Very clean rooms, bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Very clean rooms, bed was comfortable. Had to drive to Historic District from hotel. Would stay here again.

Ok

Room have a funny odor

Free WiFi , gymn

Overall it was a decent stay, way overpriced for what we got, dirty and no free breakfast ($12)
    • Evolution King Room

Used cherry pits on the floor, somebody else's hair in the sink, other guests parking in illegal spots blocking the lot.

Either breakfast choices could be included in hotel prices