Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton 3 stars

1801 East Valley Road, Renton, WA 98057, USA

#5 of 10 hotels in Renton

A convenient and pleasant hotel near Sea-Tac.

What is there to say about a Hilton Garden Inn? It is a reliable chain of hotels, and this one does not disappoint. We found it extremely convenient for our first night after flying into Sea-Tac. Very pleasant place to stay.

We had a wonderful time and would definitely stay again and recommend to friend and family!

Nothing. It was great!

All the shuttle drivers were excellent! Marla and Erin were friendly, helpful and so accommodating! Front desk staff and housekeeping were also all wonderful!

Great staff, clean room, NOT a good value. Disappointed in this Hilton Facility.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Hot Tub wasn't working until staff was informed, no water in the Fitness Facility and $14 for Breakfast is COMPLETELY out of line.

The Staff was excellent, they went above and beyond to make the stay enjoyable.

Could've Been Better

Didnt get a memo about the water being shut off on Saturday morning. Also, ny floor near the fridge was sticky, & the ice bucket was sticky & dirty. Could've been much better given what I paid for only two nights.

I slept well and the staff was super nice.

I have stayed at many Hilton’s and enjoyed my stay,not this place though do not go to this property!

We arrived 3 hours later than expected due to a flight delay. I was told we had to re-book because of it but don’t worry it will only take a minute. 35 mins later at the end of it all I ended up paying $15 a night more than originally quoted. The water was shut off for almost 4 hours the following day so they could fix some pipes. The day after I arrived home I received a message that I’m being charged $250 for smoking in the room. I explained to the hotel staff over the phone that because the hotel is non smoking we went outside to smoke and instead of just throwing our butts on the ground and dirtying up the area (no outside ashtrays) we used an empty beer can to dispose of our butts each time we went out and then threw it away. Well it’s been 2 days and I still haven’t received a call back from the manager like I was told I would so now I’m having to disputed the charge with American Express.

Very comfortable clean and quiet- front desk staff excellent. So close to our business offices.

Morning/breakfast staff in restaurant not very attentive. And some confusion on whether our breakfast included in room rate- although it stated breakfast included on my Booking.com confirmation- the front desk handled it perfectly

Front desk staff excellent

Clean, comfort of beds

Food and drinks in restaurant was disgusting! All 3 of us didn’t eat but a few bites paid $70 and had to go eat elsewhere. Pool had hose filling the pool turned on and the hose was going crazy, scaring the children The hot tub was out of order. This was the main reason we chose this hotel and it was a disappointment

Clean, comfort of beds

Great value for comfort like home for wheelchair bound spouse.
    • King Room - Disability Access

It would be awesome if the accessible rooms had bed heights that coincide more with wheelchair seat heights for ease of transfer on to the beds. Better hotels seem to follow décor trends instead of practical needs.

Accessible rooms are the best we've been in, especially bathroom fixtures.

Relaxing environment.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The hot tub wasn't working that weekend. During our second day there was no hot breakfast, just the cereal and bread.

Relaxing environment. Place was clean and quiet. Staff were helpful.

Broken hot tub

Hot tub wasn't working

The only reason I chose this place was for the hot tub. I even called same day to confirm they had hot tub. I get there, check in and change go to hot tub and it's empty, no water. I wasn't happy. Wish I stayed somewhere else.

Ok if you don’t want breakfast.

Breakfast wasn’t included and about $15/ per person for a really HORRIBLE buffet. The potatoes were cold and gross, the eggs were also cold and inedible, the bacon was ok but that was it for “hot” food. The rest was cold cereal and a bowl of grapes.

The staff were great. The hotel room was clean and spacious with a wonderful pool area for the kids.

Comfortable stay, clean bathroom.

They did not tell us they are charging the deposit automatically. The cleaning lady was forcing us to leave at 9 o'clock eventhough the checkout was at 11. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere.

Comfortable stay, clean bathroom. We asked for one more towel, we got 5! Close to the Twin Peaks location!

Close to the venue that we were attending.

The area was a little secluded there for a little creepy. I had concerns about my car being broken too, although it was not. More parking lot lighting might be good.

Close to the venue that we were attending. The lobby was very welcoming. And the staff was very friendly.

Clean, friendly, comfortable bed.

the room refrigerator did not work. had cold drinks that we were unable to cool. Toilet handle did not work properly and toilet flapper let water run in bowl. Told front desk when we left so their maintenance crew could look into both issues.

It was close to airport
    • King Room - Disability Access

I did have one complaint. On Saturday night 10 minutes before your restaurant was to close, I entered the "bar" area to eat some cupcakes I had bought in Seattle, I chose the area to avoid messing up other area in lobby. We asked for a plate, the female waitress and male bartender seemed nervous but thought it was ok because it was end of evening. My friend I were enjoying our cupcakes when this man came out of nowhere(I think his name was Ray-manager of restaurant at night), very rudely began telling us to move to another part of hotel. I thought he was kidding, then he was saying things about health department would not allow "outside" food, etc. The way he behaved was the Big Fish Small pond syndrome. At any given restaurant anywhere you are able to bring birthday cakes in to serve, not only that the restaurant was closing, lastly we were in the bar!!! He was rude- it was a shame because he ruined my experience at your hotel as the rest of staff were fantastic from front desk to driver at 5 a.m. Due to his attitude and handling of situation I'm sorry to say on my next trip to Seattle I will chose to stay somewhere else.

It was close to airport

Needs updating

The only option was a buffet type without many choices and if you have traveling companions that don't have large breakfasts for small amounts of food for a fixed price isn't very helpful. Having an option of just a bagel or small amount of fruit would have made us feel a lot better about the choices instead of having to get the full priced minimal buffet.

Hilton Garden Inn Reciew

N/a

Beds we're soft, had nice amenities, friendly staff and breakfast is extra and not included with the price so it's nice to have an option🙂

Super stay in Renton

The shuttle for the airport did not start running until 6 AM.

We were allowed to check in way ahead of time after coming in off an Alaskan cruise. The bed was very comfortable. Elevators and laundry were available! Parking was free. It was near the Kubota Japanese Garden and airport. Many places to eat near by. Quiet

Poor experience, not worth it.

Poor service at check in, I had booking confirmation but It wasn’t gone through to hotel. No help whatsoever, it was my problem not theirs. Dinner at restaurant was not good. Food wasn’t cooked and we didn’t get any new food

The staff went above and beyond , they respected privacy and...

Although the property and staff were beyond excellent . It felt a little isolated, it was inconvenient getting around finding local stores , markets, and restaurants .

The staff went above and beyond , they respected privacy and immediately addressed any thing to accommodate our stay . The front desk we're extremely resourceful with suggesting places to visit, we even received a printed form with local places . The hotel itself is a very quiet place there aren't any chaotic noises . People there are respectful . The parking was very convenient , the shuttle was helpful and the AC was greatly appreciated after coming back from a hot day out . It was nice to come home to a cool environment within your own bedroom . Overall I would strongly recommend this unique peaceful hotel .

Room had efficient layout, the bed was comfortable, the desk...

We were not informed when we checked in that breakfast was not included in our plan via Booking.com, so I was not pleased. Since the room does have a small refrigerator and microwave, this tempts me to bring some simple food along and skip this venue. Another push towards bringing food was the lack of plain yogurt, whole grains, less sugary or processed options.

Room had efficient layout, the bed was comfortable, the desk easy to work at, location of the room was fine. Parking was not difficult.

I want my money back!!

Everything never again through booking .com ever

Nothing horrible experience and since we went through booking .com they couldn't comp our stay. Never again

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Will definitely stay here again!
    • King Room - Disability Access

I accidentally booked a room with only one bed instead of two. The hotel was packed that evening. However, the front desk person was amazing and took care of everything for us. The service was so excellent that I tipped both the front desk as well as the housekeeper.

Never again

Our room was not ready until 5p. The swimming pool was freezing cold and the hot tub needed to be cleaned. The worst part was that the "free shuttle" never showed up so we had to drive ourselves to an unfamiliar airport and almost missed our flight.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The beds are comfy!

The hot tub wasn't working and we were not notified when checking in. They were shampooing the carpets and our room floor was soaking wet .

The beds are comfy!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Terrible stay

It's in a very industrial area. The rooms smelled musty , and overall the worst Hilton I've stayed at

The hot tub was broken, the rooms were tiny and it $15 for breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Room was spacious. Bed was 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The Keurig coffee maker had coffee grounds all over the top where the cup goes in. There was built up soap on our shower head.

The bed was extremely comfortable. I could have slept for days 😂 The pillows were great also.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

overcharged
    • King Room - Disability Access

Booked for advertised price via booking.com. (over)charged by hotel by different (higher) price; hotel front desk didn't even want to acknowledge there was error. a month later, still battling to get refund

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

We liked it here, we would stay here again.

They could update bathroom fixtures such as sink taps & Tub/Shower fixtures.

I liked that we were on the ground floor near a door, so unloading & loading back up was easy.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Great location, yummy breakfast, and nice pool.

Nothing that I can think of.

The breakfast was awesome. Lots of items to choose from. My family loves bacon and the quality of the bacon was amazing. The made to order omelets, pancakes and French toast were delicious too. The lead server, Becky, was super friendly, attentive and went out of her way to make our experience wonderful. All the staff we dealt with were super helpful and friendly. We will return on our next trip to Seattle c

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The staff ways absolutely wonderful and courteous.

The staff ways absolutely wonderful and courteous. Great example of customer service! The beds were phenomenal and considering the hotel was full, it was very quiet and enjoyable! Would stay again in a minute!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Unhappy

None of the rooms were ready at time of checking had to wait a hour and a half tell we were able to get our room. Called the GM for this property and was never called back. Will not stay here again

Facilities was nice

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Nice place to stay just over priced on their food.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast was very expensive. They offer coffee but the container was empty at 8:00am.

The beds were very comfy, and the Kurig coffee maker was great.

Beautiful lobby, amazingly comfortable beds, friendly and...

Charging $16 per person plus a tip for a very basic breakfast buffet is too expensive. Many hotels would include buffet access with the room fee.

Beautiful lobby, amazingly comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Clean

Perhaps I have gotten accustomed to free continental breakfasts at most of the competion properties, so that would have been an added plus over the $15 breakfast buffett for a guests of $225 hotel room. It's a small thing, but we had to request towels for the pool twice.

Great location for our needs. Room was exceptionally clean and well appointed with USB chargers, a microwave and refrigerator. Nice touch on the 24/7 coffee and water bar in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Clean, Comfortable, Quiet..,great staff, restaurant experience not good

We went to the restaurant for breakfast. All the breakfast meat and potatoes were severely overcooked and dried out (buffet). So, we ordered omelets that came dry, with overcooked sausage and mushrooms and without cheese as we ordered. It wasn't worth $13.95 a plate. The waitress was excellent, however, so we tipped her $12.

The room was super clean and the staff was excellent. Beds were comfortable and it was quiet.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

North Carolina

Great and amazing staff . Join award club. Flight home and stay in your other property near Dulles airport in Washington DC. That property was also great.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

It worked very well for our purposes, especially being close to the airport.

The confusion regarding breakfast availability, when it was complimentary and when it wasn't, and if it wasn't a clearer indication of what the cost would be. I ended up paying $8 for a yogurt (very small) and a bowl of cereal. Too much in my mind.

Very friendly staff from the front desk to the housekeeping personell as well as a comfortable room. I liked that I was able to purchase a bottle of wine and get wine glasses from the bar.

Was a pretty good stay on short notice
    • King Room - Disability Access

No soda machine bye ice machine

Beds

Simple and quick process.

I love it

Simple and quick process.

It was worth the money.

Not sure. I enjoyed my stay.

Love the comfort of the bed..

i was overall happy with my stay.

My room view

Enjoyed the very friendly staff.

Regan at the front desk was very kind.

Regan at the front desk was very kind.

The front desk supervisor.

Nice ber

The front desk supervisor. He is like Nazi dictator. He will eventually chase away all your guests. Not customer friendly

All staff from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance was expectional!
    • King Room - Disability Access

Front desk greeted us with a smile everday! Housekeeping was exceptional. And the location was convenient to airport.

Adequate but that’s all

Room is old and tired bathroom was not very clean

Wonderful staff with whom to work.

Scheduling the van the night before, for a ride to the airport.

Did not eat, but the in-room coffee was good.

Nice and clean, very welcoming atmosphere and service

Found nails from previous stay

Nice and clean, very welcoming atmosphere and service

Was a nice and quiet place

That they didn't let me knw that I didn't have the breakfast with my stay

Was a nice and quiet place

They need a on screen Guide on the TV.
    • King Room - Disability Access

They need a on screen Guide on the TV...

Re-booking today

Re-booking today

The Friendly Staff

The Pillows On The Bed Are Not Comfortable

The Friendly Staff

Colors of the drapes and walls.

Colors of the drapes and walls.too dark and to depressing

Good hotel with friendly staff

Paying $15.00 for breakfast. You think if you are paying that much you will get awesome service from the waitress but not :(

Rooms and staff

Beautiful and quiet.

Beautiful and quiet. Friendly staff

Great staff...check in and check out

Convenience - new digital key

Would recommend to anyone

Quiet, staff, room

Everything was pretty good overall but I am used to free coffee at all times

The coffee cost $2 for a keurig cup that probably cost them about 33 cents!

The hotel and room were very clean. The staff helpful and curtious.

From early check in to the end of three days it was perfect.

The spa working.

Excellent staff!

Lots of restaurants and stores in the area

Lots of restaurants and stores in the area

Was ok
    • King Room - Disability Access

Very loud guests next too and above us. Broken bedside lamps. Room was “tired” TV small

Great staff

Great!

We had a great comfortable stay, the kids loved the pool!

Room was clean, room service was very good but this hotel seemed a little out of the way.

Was surprised that there was not complimentary breakfast. For the price this should have been included.

Staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Pleasant stay.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Breakfast was to expensive.

Burger was good. Breakfast was to expensive to try.

Staff were very helpful and friendly

Location. You need a car to be staying here.

Staff were very helpful and friendly

Hilton Garden Inns are always very nice no matter city I have been in.

Staff and the cleanliness of the lobby and rooms

It was ok.

Their was a hole on the bathroom for that hadn't been repaired, bathtub looked like it needed to be cleaned better.

Bed was comfortable.

Plane was late getting in to SEATAC airport.

Plane was late getting in to SEATAC airport. Staff would not send shuttle. I had to get a cab that cost $45

Staff was friendly.

Staff was friendly..room was clean...location was great

great location to get to the airport quickly

the bar seating

the shuttle which took us to the mall and dinner, and then took us to the airport the next morning

Very noisy.

Very noisy.

It was clean

The amount you pay and they don't have free breakfast

It was clean

Very nice.

Swswiming pool for chilldren.room is clean and house keeping employees are nice.every thing was good.

safe and quiet